Wallpaper Cabinet by Shannon Fricke

Anyone who reads this blog knows that I have a giant girl crush on author/tv presenter/blogger/teacher/stylist/decorator/columist/and a million other amazing hats Shannon Fricke in Australia. I’ve been a fan of her work for a few years now and follow her blog religiously because she is such a breath of fresh, unpretentious air! You don’t always find that with multi-talented people, but with Shannon you do. She’s not only one of the best when it comes to style and decoration, but as a person this lady is a top notch class act. That’s why I not only want to point you over to her work today for a little inspiration but I have to show you this gorgeous cabinet that she recently did up for a spread she produced for a magazine.

Shannon Fricke

Is this not the best idea for an old cabinet? Paint it white and wallpaper the heck out of it? Love. This. Don’t you want to grab rolls of Florence Broadhurst and Cole & Son papers this very second and go a little crazy with it? Even if you don’t have a freestanding cabinet like this one, you can do something like it to the interior of any closet, or even a china cabinet or bookcase. Knock yourself out, Shannon did and look at the results.

Shannon Fricke

Shannon Fricke

I love seeing these gorgeous green and yellow tones together — so fresh and so signature Shannon Fricke as she is a great lover of greens, blues and yellows as you can see in the other lovely photos that I’ve included from her design portfolio and home.

Thank you for the inspiration today Shannon!

(image: via the women’s weekly/shannon fricke)

Posted by decor8 in diy on August 23, 2010

1. Sandra Kuwartowski commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 3:36pm

Yes, it is a brilliant idea to decorate an old cabinet with beautiful wall-paper (and it is such a nice celebration for patterned wall-paper). I love the armchairs in picture number 5 with their colourful flowers growing the whole way around…

2. Eric commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 4:04pm

Green, cream, and yellow are all the rage right now. What a great color palate!

3. Ashly commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 4:18pm

I love this idea. She made something plain come back to life again!

4. Stephanie commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 4:50pm

so pretty as always! I love the wallpaper inside the wardrobe on the first image.

Stephanie´s last blog post ..Fantastic Chatuchak

5. Jaimie commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 5:01pm

So beautiful!

6. Lisa commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 5:04pm

Just wanted to say, “Thanks, Holly.” Every time I drop by your blog I stumble upon a gem – whether it’s an e-course or eye candy or inspiration or whatever. I love what you do, and you’ve certainly made a positive impact on my life.

BTW – I’ve book marked Shannon Fricke’s blog. I expect to be doing some heavy duty perusing…
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Blog Break

7. Samantha commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 5:25pm

I have been reading her blog over the weekend, and just ordered one of her books, i already have sense of stly space.
    Samantha´s last blog post ..the August break

8. tracy commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 6:47pm

gosh, they are lovely, but $350/roll! who can afford that?

9. Camberley, The Bella Life commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 7:19pm

Stunning!

I love how you can take any old piece of furniture, add paint, wallpaper and voila! You have a one of a kind piece of furniture. (This is especially nice for people who are on a tight budget – like myself).

One of the things that stood out to me was the freestanding tree she has in her dining room. Any idea how she installed it so that looks freestanding?

-C

10. Nuit commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 7:36pm

that cabinet is genius!!! I really love her she is amazing.

x
    Nuit´s last blog post ..Jane Ormes a little somethin to inspire your day

11. fresh365 commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 8:47pm

Wow, you are right that cabinet is amazing!

12. La Belle Vie commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 8:55pm

Wow!! That is Gorgeous!! I am definitely tucking that idea away in for a future project idea!
    La Belle Vie´s last blog post ..The Historian and The Castle

13. Sally@DivineDistractions commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 9:22pm

How very clever! That’s an idea worth using if I’ve ever seen one. Thanks for sharing!

14. Susie M commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 10:04pm

The cabinet is colorful, fun and beautiful in appearance. I love the way she uses color and patterns in her designs. I have also started following Shannon Fricke.
    Susie M´s last blog post ..Family Room Decorating Tips

15. Casa e Cose commented
    August 23rd, 2010 at 10:06pm

wow that is just so nice! I love that cabinet and all the designs. wish i could use wallpaper in my apartment but its rented….hmmmm have to find an ol’cabinet then :)
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..Love DACE!

16. Jacilyn commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 12:09am

That cabinet is so gosh darn dreamy!

And the yellow, green and blues, that is what my house it currently but most of the color is on my walls. These photos are exactly what changes I would like to make, putting the color in the furniture and pillows and white on the walls. I’ll have to pour over these photos some more!
    Jacilyn´s last blog post ..august days

17. Béa commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 12:20am

scrumptious!!!! love the light green too…..
    thanks for sharing
    Béa´s last blog post ..Ideas

18. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 3:28am

The cabinet is just awesome! Love it!

19. Deb commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 3:46am

I am loving wallpaper lately. This is great if you can’t commit!
    Deb´s last blog post ..A Penny for Your Thoughts

20. samantha hahn commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 3:58am

stunning!!!!!

21. Meg Burns Dolson commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 4:52am

LOVE THE WARDROBE!! My mother-in-law has a lot of antiques that she’s hoping to pass down….I’m definitely looking forward to that a little bit more after seeing the cabinet! I also have three antique trunks which could use a bit of sprucing up–this post will totally be bookmarked!! THANKS :)
    Meg Burns Dolson´s last blog post ..Umbra Products

22. monica of hola!design commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 5:53am

that’s a great idea! wallpaper makes everything prettier.
    monica of hola!design´s last blog post ..hello naomi

23. jessica commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 12:29pm

Hooray for Aussie creatives! We love Shannon over here in the land of Oz, so great to see her featured on your blog (again!).

24. meg commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 1:29pm

That cupboard with the wallpaper inside is PURE GENIUS. That idea makes half the furniture at the Salvation Army shop look way more attractive ! :-)

25. lady a. commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 2:51pm

Fantastic, so much nicer than “plain” inside of the cabinet.

26. just a girl commented
    August 24th, 2010 at 8:50pm

I love them ALL. So pretty and so nice to look at on a stressful day! thanks.
    just a girl´s last blog post ..DeSIGN me up

27. belinda commented
    August 25th, 2010 at 2:14pm

i often imagine myself moving into shannon’s home – it’s perfect. and this project is right up my alley – i use a lot of wallpaper everywhere BUT on the walls!! x
    belinda´s last blog post ..sneak peek- world’s girliest picnic blanket

28. Jennifer commented
    August 26th, 2010 at 2:21am

There are so many projects you can do with leftover wallpaper. Covering the back of a cupboard is just one. You can make inserts for picture frames, paste it on the back of a bookcase, cover an ugly bureau or other furniture. Cut out rectangles and use them in vintage picture frames. You can find great ones at tag sales. Update the frames with a little paint, or decoupage the wallpaper right onto the frame.

29. simone leblanc commented
    September 1st, 2010 at 8:30pm

fantastic! You have got my head brewing up a storm with all sorts of ideas!

30. mer commented
    September 11th, 2010 at 6:00am

That Shannon. Everything she touches turns to gold.
    mer´s last blog post ..Easy Breezy

31. Jen commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 7:30am

Love that wardrobe!

32. Kate commented
    March 21st, 2011 at 3:05pm

I absolutely love this! I was so inspired, I decided to give this a try with wrapping paper (since $350/roll of wallpaper is out of my budget) check it out: http://www.naptimenovelties.blogspot.com.