Handmade, Shop Tours

September 8, 2010

Hello everyone! I’m excited to share a brand new collection of porcelain along with a gorgeous studio space belonging to ceramicist Sandra Haischberger from Feinedinge in Vienna, Austria today. I’ve talked about her ceramics many times before, but last week I decided to contact her for some photos of her studio and her latest collection, ALiCE, because I know how much you’d love to see such an inspirational creative zone!

Feinedinge ALiCE Collection

If you are not familiar with Feinedinge, allow me to introduce Sandra’s company to you! She runs a design studio that specializes in sustainable handcrafted porcelain. Sandra’s work is intricate and delicate, from porcelain lights with tiny holes created by hand using a small drill (wow!) to gorgeous cups and vases – it’s all quite lovely. The new range, currently showing at Maison & Objet in Paris, is called ALiCE which is a collection of teapots, cups and dinnerware crafted using tinted Limoges porcelain and is available in 6 colors that you can mix and match.

Feinedinge ALiCE Collection

Sandra lives only a short walk away from her studio, so she appears to be living quite the dream life, doesn’t she? She is doing what she loves and lives in a fantastic city with her supportive and caring family. What more could a girl want? Oh yes, talent. Well she has plenty of that too! I really enjoyed her space because it’s light and bright (I can really think in a room like that!) and I really like how she mixes in mid century furniture to break up all of that white, it’s a really nice look.

Sandra thank you for sharing with decor8 readers this special peek into your shop and a glimpse of your new collection. Much success to you!

(images: feinedinge)

You Might Also Like

29 Comments

• Reply suswhit September 8, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Those chairs are very cool.

• Reply Samia Kallidis September 8, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Wow! What a gorgeous shop!! And a lovely tour, thank you Holly. And welcome back! I adore the brightness of this space, and how welcoming Sandra has made it. I love that she even created a little nook of a sitting area, the way all her ceramics are organized, and her beautiful shelving. The layout and architecture of the studio is gorgeous too. So inspirational! :)

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) September 8, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Wow – those plates are gorgeous! Love the muted, neutral colors!

• Reply christine September 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm

I’m falling all over myself here–she’s kinda my idol…..

and that studio!!!!!
    *swoon*

• Reply lisa September 8, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Lovely space and ceramic work.

Any information on the hanging lamps with the fancy wirework?

• Reply Donna September 8, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I love working in an open space like that too. It really makes it easier to untangle and reorganize all the thoughts in my mind!

• Reply Janneke September 8, 2010 at 6:34 pm

The shop is so bright, this is great!

• Reply Ludmila {creamylife.com} September 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Lovely! The chandeliers are stunning!

• Reply Violet September 8, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Omg it’s gorgeous! I love the light fixtures and the rounded wooden shelving units.. so pretty! I also really love that the collection is named “Alice” =)

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang September 8, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Oh my heavens. I am in love. Her studio is a dream!

• Reply Iris September 8, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I am so glad you are back online! I really missed being able to escape from the daily routine for a brief moment by opening one of your new, inspiring posts.
    This studio and the collection are beautiful. What a pity they do not sell in The Netherlands; I would love to buy one of the ceramic butterflies.

• Reply Bicocacolors September 8, 2010 at 9:47 pm

thank you for showing Feinedige!!
    i looooove those chandeliers!!!
    greetings from Spain

• Reply Lisa Bower September 8, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Way cool chandeliers….they are so beautiful. I would love to have one of those hanging over my desk.

• Reply Ijeoma September 8, 2010 at 10:22 pm

What beautiful creations.

• Reply Stella Latwinski September 9, 2010 at 2:00 am

This shop is beautiful! I am in love!

• Reply shellie September 9, 2010 at 7:00 am

I love it and lets not get started on the lighting…Gorgeous!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente September 9, 2010 at 7:23 am

Have always loved her work so much & her new studio space is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this lovely ladies!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Kim B. September 9, 2010 at 7:43 am

What a stunning shop! Heavenly. A quick google search shows me I just missed Maison et Objet . . .but they’ll be back in January!

• Reply girl Sunday September 9, 2010 at 8:17 am

All of those pictures are so beautiful! I really love a neutral colour palette, especially when there is a lot of light.
    x

• Reply Ruth September 9, 2010 at 10:56 am

Hi Holly!
    Sandra has great sales too, I once got a cup at Feine Dinge for myself! The shop is even better in real live, can you imagine? It is in a nice neighborhood with lots of cute other shops and cafés! And she is so nice and helpful! I kind of thought of when she will be in your blog when I first saw her shop and voilá: here it is!
    Greatings from vienna, Ruth

• Reply Mel Design Heaven September 9, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Wowza! that has to be the most beautiful shop/studio I have ever seen. I so want to be her right now. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Shannon Fricke September 10, 2010 at 5:26 am

Talk about as cute as can be…
    Love
    sx

• Reply Emily@theNest September 11, 2010 at 1:23 am

Oh my goodness, that shop is GORGEOUS!! I absolutely love the lights… thank you for such a great visual tour! X

• Reply Angie September 12, 2010 at 2:11 am

Oh my, I just love those printed ceiling lamps – gorgeous!

• Reply Sarah September 12, 2010 at 6:47 am

How pretty. Anyone know anything about that center table/desk? The legs are cuute.

• Reply dolores September 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

Super Sandra!! Alles alles Gute zu diesem tollen Beitrag – if you had made it here – you will make it everywhere ;-))))) Du weißt, was ich meine ;-)))

• Reply krista August 14, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I would LOVE to know where the pink lamp shade is from???
    thank-you!!

• Reply Nicola (BYW) October 31, 2011 at 4:34 pm

The work, the studio and the way of life looks wonderful here. Thank you so much for this discovery, Holly.

I would love to include this on my new blog when it is up and running properly – thanks to byw!