AM Radio Vintage Finds

I wrote about AM Radio today over at Real Simple but in case you didn’t catch that… please check ‘em out. They stock some really sweet vintage and industrial goodies for the home. Their product shots are brilliant too.

am radio

That bamboo magazine holder is very Domino magazine, isn’t it?! LOL. It is so funny how that magazine has forever altered how I look at stuff I would have normally discarded as tacky 1980s yard sale finds. Domino always had that special way of presenting everything, that midas touch, even the stuff you’d normally snub was suddenly on your wish list. AM Radio has that same talent. There is real talent in that, an art – don’t you think?

(images: am radio)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, vintage on September 13, 2010

1. MichelleP commented
    September 13th, 2010 at 10:42pm

That is the best business name I have ever heard for vintage goods!
    MichelleP´s last blog post ..Monday Medicine

2. Kerry commented
    September 13th, 2010 at 11:48pm

I <3 the owl desk set!

3. Lizzie [Ten Thou Bride] commented
    September 13th, 2010 at 11:58pm

Great stuff, agreed on the name!

4. Gina commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 12:22am

that magazine rack is gorgeous! :)
    Gina´s last blog post ..Give Happy

5. angy commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 2:08am

wow it’s amazing!
    angy´s last blog post ..models

6. Katie commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 2:53am

I agree about Domino. it’s making me always think twice about things I see, about style, about what I could do with what someone else doesn’t want. I miss that magazine.
    Katie´s last blog post ..We All Married the Wrong Person via Marriage Gems

7. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 4:11am

Oh, I love how these are styled!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Etsy Weekend Pretties

8. Eloise (Eloctre) commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 4:36am

Oh wow Holly! These are beautiful! I love the little vintage mushrooms, they would look perfect in my house. I’m rather sad that they can’t ship it to Australia. You’re right about the presentation, it just screams BUY ME!!
    Eloise (Eloctre)´s last blog post ..Sweet Sounds of Saturdays

9. Cookie Cutter commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 4:51am

I can never get enough of vintage items! Have been shipping them in internationally because there aren’t many such shops around here. Hence, the only deterrent between me and vintage love is shipping cost! Haha. Off the check out the link :)
    Cookie Cutter´s last blog post ..Bento- I Love You

10. kay at from india. with love commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 5:00am

huge fan of brass & LOVE the owls – i’ll have to check them out!
    kay at from india. with love´s last blog post ..Loving Mason Jars

11. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 6:16am

It is a great name for vintage goods! Off to check it out.

xo,
    cristin
    cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog post ..Halloween Decorating Ideas for Your Home – Many DIY &amp Inexpensive

12. Amy commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 7:42am

I’ve added them to my list of favourites thanks. What beautiful photos of all their am radio finds!

13. Monika@lifemadesimple commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 10:27am

Great items and I really like the styling of the photos!
    Monika@lifemadesimple´s last blog post ..design directory- string shelves

14. Fresh Design Blog commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 10:39am

Like MichelleP, I really like the name of their business too. Their products look intriguing, so am off to check them out further.
    Fresh Design Blog´s last blog post ..Bronze ribbon coat rack

15. mijk commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 1:03pm

I want the mushrooms. Why oh why are American shippers do scared of international shipping. It makes etsy a torture!
    mijk´s last blog post ..Once upon a time

16. laura trevey commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 1:48pm

Cool vintage items… Owls are so fun!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Monday Inspiration

17. Becky D commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 1:53pm

Great inspiration – thanks!!

18. decor8 commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 2:57pm

@Mijk – I can understand it for small business, it’s a pain for sellers to have to calculate shipping, pack extra well to avoid damage, and then have to fill out those often complicated customs forms. It’s hard work and often these little shops only have 1-2 people working for them so it can be hard to manage. But I feel your pain!!!!

19. everyeskimo commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 4:20pm

am radio is one of my favorite shops – and favorite shopkeepers to boot! she’s wonderful to work with and such a sweetheart!

@mijk – i bet she ships international… just send a convo for a shipping quote!
    everyeskimo´s last blog post ..a french bulldog chub

20. mijk commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 4:44pm

I know, at some level I do understand but it feels so unfair. like looking at a party through a window. So I now shop a lot more at dawanda.
    mijk´s last blog post ..Once upon a time

21. AMradio commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 5:23pm

I was hoping that the readers could know that I do ship internationally. Basically they just need send a convo through Etsy letting me know the item they like and where it would need to be shipped to. thanks!

22. mijk commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 5:55pm

I’ll try that. I alwyas just assume that if you want to ship internatially you just say so.. But if you think she would we can try!
    mijk´s last blog post ..Once upon a time

23. lady a. commented
    September 16th, 2010 at 12:07pm

I love those glass owls, they’re so cute!