Etsy Faves

Am Radio Shop

September 13, 2010

I wrote about AM Radio today over at Real Simple but in case you didn’t catch that… please check ’em out. They stock some really sweet vintage and industrial goodies for the home. Their product shots are brilliant too.

Am Radio Shop

That bamboo magazine holder is very Domino magazine, isn’t it?! LOL. It is so funny how that magazine has forever altered how I look at stuff I would have normally discarded as tacky 1980s yard sale finds. Domino always had that special way of presenting everything, that midas touch, even the stuff you’d normally snub was suddenly on your wish list. AM Radio has that same talent. There is real talent in that, an art – don’t you think?

(images: am radio)

23 Comments

• Reply MichelleP September 13, 2010 at 10:42 pm

That is the best business name I have ever heard for vintage goods!

• Reply Kerry September 13, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I <3 the owl desk set!

• Reply Lizzie [Ten Thou Bride] September 13, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Great stuff, agreed on the name!

• Reply Gina September 14, 2010 at 12:22 am

that magazine rack is gorgeous! :)

• Reply angy September 14, 2010 at 2:08 am

wow it’s amazing!

• Reply Katie September 14, 2010 at 2:53 am

I agree about Domino. it’s making me always think twice about things I see, about style, about what I could do with what someone else doesn’t want. I miss that magazine.

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang September 14, 2010 at 4:11 am

Oh, I love how these are styled!

• Reply Eloise (Eloctre) September 14, 2010 at 4:36 am

Oh wow Holly! These are beautiful! I love the little vintage mushrooms, they would look perfect in my house. I’m rather sad that they can’t ship it to Australia. You’re right about the presentation, it just screams BUY ME!!

• Reply Cookie Cutter September 14, 2010 at 4:51 am

I can never get enough of vintage items! Have been shipping them in internationally because there aren’t many such shops around here. Hence, the only deterrent between me and vintage love is shipping cost! Haha. Off the check out the link :)

• Reply kay at from india. with love September 14, 2010 at 5:00 am

huge fan of brass & LOVE the owls – i’ll have to check them out!

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee September 14, 2010 at 6:16 am

It is a great name for vintage goods! Off to check it out.

xo,
    cristin

• Reply Amy September 14, 2010 at 7:42 am

I’ve added them to my list of favourites thanks. What beautiful photos of all their am radio finds!

• Reply Monika@lifemadesimple September 14, 2010 at 10:27 am

Great items and I really like the styling of the photos!

• Reply Fresh Design Blog September 14, 2010 at 10:39 am

Like MichelleP, I really like the name of their business too. Their products look intriguing, so am off to check them out further.

• Reply mijk September 14, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I want the mushrooms. Why oh why are American shippers do scared of international shipping. It makes etsy a torture!

• Reply decor8 September 14, 2010 at 2:57 pm

@Mijk – I can understand it for small business, it’s a pain for sellers to have to calculate shipping, pack extra well to avoid damage, and then have to fill out those often complicated customs forms. It’s hard work and often these little shops only have 1-2 people working for them so it can be hard to manage. But I feel your pain!!!!

• Reply laura trevey September 14, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Cool vintage items… Owls are so fun!

• Reply Becky D September 14, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Great inspiration – thanks!!

• Reply everyeskimo September 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm

am radio is one of my favorite shops – and favorite shopkeepers to boot! she’s wonderful to work with and such a sweetheart!

@mijk – i bet she ships international… just send a convo for a shipping quote!

• Reply mijk September 14, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I know, at some level I do understand but it feels so unfair. like looking at a party through a window. So I now shop a lot more at dawanda.

• Reply AMradio September 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I was hoping that the readers could know that I do ship internationally. Basically they just need send a convo through Etsy letting me know the item they like and where it would need to be shipped to. thanks!

• Reply mijk September 14, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I’ll try that. I alwyas just assume that if you want to ship internatially you just say so.. But if you think she would we can try!

• Reply lady a. September 16, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I love those glass owls, they’re so cute!