Greens, Blues, Yellows…

Yesterday was a busy Monday but such a great one. The week started off very well. How about for you? I had to teach the BYW class (we’re having so much fun!) and then needed to sketch lots of floor plans for a project I’m working on.

{johnny vintage}

In addition, I was quite busy organizing work things, then I went out for an hour in the forest to just clear my mind and work out which was a real treat. I’m in the process of redesigning the decor8 template and working with a graphic designer on a new logo (and tagline) plus I’m putting a proposal together for my next book to give to my literary agent in October.

{dottie angel}

On top of that, I’m going to Morocco in a month for a teaching trip and need to plan out my lessons and handouts — and then in early November I’ll be in Istanbul for a week. I can’t wait to see Turkey! My dear friend will take me to the hidden gems there so that I can share some shopping tips with you upon my return.

{nest decorating}

{nest decorating}

{frau mayer and cat}

{ish and chi}

I also move in a few weeks — we went into our new place today to measure the kitchen and bathroom, I drew a floor plan for each, and now I have to get started on the design of it. I counted how many lights we need to install, 15! That breaks down to 11 pendants, 2 sconces and 2 bathroom lights. Oh my! Wish me luck on that, I’ve never had to purchase so many lights in my life in one shot.

{gigi melo}

{wood & wool stool}

{dottie angel}

This busyness is fun though, but sometimes I wonder how I’m not wearing socks that don’t match and how I end up leaving the house with matching earrings on because my brain is all over the place!

{paula mills}

{Mes petites curiosités}

{red jet whistle}

{dottie angel}

{frau mayer and cat}

{the happy home}

{lakb design}

I hope you are doing well! In this post I’ve placed some inspiration taken from my Flickr group called Interior Styling. Members are invited to post edited and styled rooms and corners of rooms, it’s a very sweet group and a nice place to take a break during the week to flip through all of the images submitted there. I hope that you’ll bookmark it, or join, and visit regularly.

I see a theme above — lots of greens, blues, yellows… so soothing and cozy.

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration, uncategorized on September 14, 2010

1. laura trevey commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 5:09pm

Love the sweet floral arrangements…
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Monday Inspiration

2. Courtney Dirks commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 5:43pm

I would love to see the sconces you picked out for your new place. I’d love to replace 2 in our house, but I haven’t come across anything that really jumps out at me yet…I’m hoping to find something modern, yet playful and colorful without breaking the bank!

3. Justine commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 5:45pm

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate but they’re all awesome things! Morocco will be a blast! Watch “Casablanca” on the plane! Haha! Lovely postings :) thanks for getting my Tuesday kick started with some beauty!
    Justine´s last blog post ..Bedroom gets a feminine facelift

4. Seema commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 6:04pm

Vow ! luv the bedroom, bookmarked it.

5. Minnie commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 6:26pm

Wow, those images are fantastic! I am loving all the little details. So cozy and eclectic. And boy do you ever have a busy schedule, but it all sounds so exciting. How wonderful because it’s what you’ve worked for the past few years. :-)
    Minnie´s last blog post ..Inspiration boards worth checking out

6. Becky D commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 6:33pm

Mmmm – love the top 2 pictures especially. Good luck with your lighting choices!!

7. Keighley@thebellalife commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 7:25pm

AMAZING pictures. I am green with envy hearing about your trips! What a great opportunity for work and play. Take lots of pictures. xoxo
    Keighley@thebellalife´s last blog post ..Shopping on Etsy- Halloween

8. Frau Mayer commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 7:36pm

Hey, it’s weird to see my modest home here :)
    Blue + yellow seems to be the best colour combo ever. I SO need some yellow in my study (the curtains will be blue, I totally chickened and didn’t take yellow ones).
    I’m sure you’re gonna love Morocco – and it’s too bad you’re going to Turkey in November, I’d love all those secret insider tips before I go (VERY soon) :(
    Thanks for that Paula Mills picture, somehow I missed it – and she has the coolest study ever. Oh, studies, my big big love!
    Frau Mayer´s last blog post ..A glimpse of the living room a practical bonus

9. Cheryl commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 7:57pm

hey, Holly, your cup over-floweth. Good to take walks in nature and breathe!

hey, did you make it to West Elm when you were back in the U.S. (July, was it)? bring anything home with you? wondering what items you esp like in their recent catalog?

I really like some of their rustic decor items in their catalog photos. But they don’t actually sell any of those –like the rustic stools, for example. So I wrote them and got a reply back yesterday and they said that they will pass on my liking them and they only use those items for photo shoots. In my opinion they absolutely make the photo special. Thought you might appreciate this exchange since you’ve been so engaged in photo shoots of late

do you know where I might look for rustic modern stools, like this one in WE’s catalog? http://www.westelm.com/shop/furniture-bedroom/?cm_type=gnav

Love that basket from the above website’s link too.

Thanks, Holly!

10. Just commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 8:02pm

keep my fingers crossed for your projects (especially THE BOOK)
    I love the white studio picture and greenish glass in the nest decorating photo:)

good luck!
    J.

11. Mary commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 8:16pm

My goodness, you are busy! But it’s good to be busy with such creative and exciting projects. I’m sure you will look back on this time in your life and smile in amazement at what you’ve accomplished and the adventures you’ve had. Morocco and Turkey – how wonderful! Can’t wait to see what you find there. Love the bedroom corner shot from Dottie Angel and the workspace shot from Paula Mills.
    Mary´s last blog post ..New in the Shop!

12. Jacquelynn commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 8:38pm

I love so many of the pieces in this blog (especially the chandelier in the last photo). Thanks for sharing!
    Jacquelynn´s last blog post ..Chocolate Eclair Cake

13. Christine commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 8:41pm

Wow, you have so much going on, but some many wonderful things!! I love how you retreat to the forest to clear your mind.. it’s amazing how much an hour away can help you focus!
    Christine´s last blog post ..My House- all dressed up- sources

14. Mitali commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 8:48pm

I loved the very first image of the bed….it is so pretty and delicate and then as I scrolled down to the last image I found one of my throw pillows on “lakb design’s” couch ! Beautiful :)

15. Traveling Mama commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 8:49pm

I love all these images! I was just thinking about your trip to Morocco and kicking myself for not signing up. I really miss Morocco. You must take at least one extra bag to bring home all your finds!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..wallpaper on my mind

16. Kat commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 9:02pm

I love the group it’s one of my favourites. I always love what Nest and Dottie Angel share. I wonder if you’d share some photos from your forest walk sometime.
    I would so love to be well enough to go to a wood, but I haven’t in a long long time. So if you shared what you see, it’d be like I’d walked with you…

I started a theme of posts called Enchanted Wood, so that I can imagine being in nature. It was inspired by The Faraway Tree a favourite book from childhood.
    Love kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..The girl with the bow in her hair

17. decor8 commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 9:09pm

@Kat – I always think I will bore people to TEARS with that stuff. You’ve inspired me to go for it so next time I’m walking in the forest, I’ll snap photos and post them over on Haus Maus. :)

18. decor8 commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 9:10pm

@Just – Thank you so much! I can’t wait to see it too.

19. OrangeFarmhouse - Maike commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 10:06pm

Love Wood and Wood Stool, Ingrid’s products and pictures are great!
    OrangeFarmhouse – Maike´s last blog post ..Momantai Design Give Away

20. ines commented
    September 14th, 2010 at 11:22pm

So funny! We had the little dog on one of the photos as kids. I thought just my parents saved it for beeing trash. My kids are playing now with it as well. Lovely to see it here. Thanks for sharing all the fab stuff. I love to read or more look at your blog. ines

21. simone leblanc commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 12:41am

fantastic love wood and wool stool!

22. jennifer ramos commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 1:12am

Sounds like us…to save $ we decided to make a pendant for the entryway/foyer. It saved us like $1000 Anyway, I’m trying to be creative because the place is about 2798 sq ft. A bit bigger then what I’m in now. I’m being told the moving date is Oct. 1st. Crossing my fingers just like you are I’m sure. Good luck with everything, its’ so exciting!!
    jennifer ramos´s last blog post ..Bring on the TraysVia Made By Girl

23. sarah commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 1:25am

I am love, love, loving some of these rooms you’ve shared with us today Holly. I especially love the little deer pillow in the first photo!

24. Deb commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 3:28am

That deer pillow in the first pic looks like a book I had as a child. Good luck with everything! Exciting times for you..Deb
    Deb´s last blog post ..Web Site Work

25. Sarah commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 3:48am

Holly, you have such an exciting life…its great to hear all your news…I love the frau mayer and cat picture with the white sofa and that sparkly rug – that really caught my eye…looking forward to your new blog design too :))

26. Megan {Honey We're Home} commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:00am

Wow! What a lot on your plate! But you seem to be taking it all in stride- that’s great:) I also had to choose lighting for our entire house in one afternoon- I made some mistakes, but got the perfect kitchen pendant lights and I love the chandelier I chose for my closet. It feels so good when you get it right:)
    Megan {Honey We’re Home}´s last blog post ..The Look For Less Home Decor

27. Emma commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 4:48am

15 lights is a lot to choose but kind of amazing at the same time…imagine how much fun you will have picking them all out!
    Emma´s last blog post ..the cat and the fiddle

28. Randiga Tråden commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 10:19am

Lovely.
    Randiga Tråden´s last blog post ..1000 meter konst i Huddinge lördagen 25-9

29. Ingrid Jansen commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 11:28am

paula mills deks is a wonderful and inspriring desk! i could work there
    Ingrid Jansen´s last blog post ..flowers from beerlala

30. Jonnie Andersen commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 2:19pm

I noticed my flickr suddenly jumped and was searching for the source, when I clicked on one of my favorite blogs only to see my own photo right there at the top. So exciting. Ever since I found your blog a year ago, I’d had hopes of one day seeing my photo here… thanks, dream come true :) I’m always inspired when I visit.

31. Cindy Buehler commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 2:34pm

Wonderful flower arrangement and slipware jug.

32. Piper commented
    September 15th, 2010 at 8:12pm

I’m living vicariously through you right now…I’ve always dreamed of going to Morocco!! I can only imagine how amazing that will be!! And seriously, I can’t WAIT until your book comes out :)
    Piper´s last blog post ..bedrooms striped rugs

33. paula Mills commented
    September 16th, 2010 at 2:08am

Thanks for posting the shot of my my studio. : )
    paula Mills´s last blog post ..Sweet William at finders keepers market

34. Shell commented
    September 16th, 2010 at 3:22am

Teaching in Morocco for a month sounds like the best teaching gig ever! My mom came back from Turkey in August. She said it was lovely, I know you’ll have a wonderful time. Enjoy this productive time, make sure to build in pockets of relaxation daily to refuel your creative energy.