Arts + Crafts

September 15, 2010

Inaluxe is Kristina Sostarko and Jason Odd and together they are one heck of a design duo. I’m drawn to their cards and giclee prints in  strong, vibrant colors and I adore their latest card that says…

I love
the way you smell
your smiling eyes
sleeping in with you
your taste in music
your big bushy beard
the way you never laugh (loudly) when I slam into glass storefront doors
the fact that even though I have the scariest morning hair you still think I’m the most beautiful woman in the world.

Cute, isn’t it?

(images: inaluxe)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Nelvis September 15, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I love the soft chalky color palette from your images.
    The illustrations/prints are inspiring as well.
    Great inspiration for my children’s art shop.

• Reply laura trevey September 15, 2010 at 9:33 pm

so so creative… I love the colorful designs!

• Reply the perfect palette {Chrissy} September 15, 2010 at 9:47 pm

fun color palette.

• Reply Jacilyn September 15, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Inauluxe are one of my favorites! I have the fox postcards and just adore them.

They also have an extremely cute new home. Their style doesn’t end in the studio.

• Reply julie September 16, 2010 at 4:11 am

I love! the color palette of these designs. The designs themselves are beautiful ( I am drawn to the beakers?) in the top left corner. I am always in awe of how artists put together the colors they work with, and how those colors, as much as a smell or a taste, can conjure up memories.
    On the subject of design, Congrats to you! I came across Decor8 in Orla Kiely Pattern book.

• Reply Afi September 16, 2010 at 4:18 am

Adorbale art! The “I love ..” card is so sweet! Wish the line about the beard was not included! My husband doesn’t have beard :)) Hahaha!

• Reply viv September 16, 2010 at 4:41 am

Aw… I love it, the colors are amazing! n_n

• Reply daily decorator September 16, 2010 at 5:40 am

Awww! Cute!

• Reply Hilary September 16, 2010 at 5:43 am

Those drawings are so fantastic!

• Reply soraya nulliah September 16, 2010 at 6:12 am

Holly…I adore these cards/prints …the strong graphic patterns and bold colors. I especially love the poem..who can’t relate to scary morning hair:)

• Reply Cecilie September 16, 2010 at 8:14 am

I love their work too – I’ve bought a set of postcards intending to frame them and hang them in our living room once I get my gallery wall put together. The colours are wonderful and they hit the combination of modern and retro-modern on the head, if you ask me.

• Reply Penny (Pocket Carnival) September 16, 2010 at 9:58 am

I love love love Inaluxe! Yay!

• Reply Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas September 16, 2010 at 1:12 pm

The bird images are so sweet!

And all the illustrations are lovely … they kind of have a retro vibe, maybe?

• Reply Keighley@TheBellaLifeBlog September 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

• Reply Jillian September 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I have a serious crush on Inaluxe. There’s something about her color palette and geometry that just resonates with me and makes my heart skip a beat every time I see one of her pieces.

• Reply gretchenmist/belinda September 16, 2010 at 11:24 pm

one of my all time favourite design duos! love inaluxe :)

• Reply Fresh Design Blog September 17, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Ha, the birdy images are really cute and the colour palettes work so well.

• Reply Kristina September 18, 2010 at 3:37 am

wooo-weee…. hello there, and thank you so much for the biggest smiles. Jason and I are thrilled you like our work, and well… we are chuffed to be here. Rock on, and long live Decor8! have a fabulousssss weekend. xo K+J.

• Reply AnnHedge September 19, 2010 at 4:27 am

love the ‘i love’ card.. it inspire me to make one for my own..

• Reply tracy September 22, 2010 at 9:21 am

swoon…..I just saw these prints on etsy, and I. AM. IN. LOVE.