Events + Markets, Round-ups, Shopping + Products

12 West Elm Faves + Boston Event!

September 16, 2010

A couple of readers asked if I’d point them to some of my favorite things over at West Elm so I’m going to play a game of virtual shopping guide! Fun! In this post I’ve taken 12 of my current favorites from West Elm to share with not only those readers but with the rest of you who may also be looking for a few news things to spruce your roost. Enjoy!

12 West Elm Faves + Boston Event!

1. Diamond tufted headboard, 2. Nailhead upholstered headboard, 3. Blake sofa, 4. Tripod table in white, 5. Martini side table in white or silver and 6. the Wrap dining chairs (love all colors!).

12 West Elm Faves + Boston Event!

7. The Pratt desk in all white (also available in two tone) has to be my current favorite West Elm piece. 8. I also like the Pebble Stripe rug. In fact, the whole room is nice… especially that coffee table. 8. The Sphere lamps are great, too. 10. Could this Chunky tassel throw get any yummier? 11. This simple Cloche is nice to display something that you cherish. 12. And finally, the Organic Shaped dinnerware. Everyone needs at least one white set of dinnerware because white shows off food the best (I am throwing out my blue dinnerware, it makes most food look so unappetizing!) and with white, you can lay the table anyway you’d like — dress it up, go casual, change your colors, experiment with a variety of themes — anything and everything goes with white dinnerware.

12 West Elm Faves + Boston Event!

BOSTON: West Elm has partnered with PATCH NYC and Etsy to invite some of Boston’s most talented artisans and crafters in to our store for a special pop-up hand made art market event on October 14th.  If you can attend, go, go, go! It sounds fun. You can RSVP here. I’ll be there in spirit. xo

(images: west elm)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Ijeoma September 16, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Gorgeous selection, you have good taste dear.

• Reply Maria September 16, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I love the west elm selections! I just recently ordered some pillow covers from there to cover the bland cushions that came with our PB-esque couch. The tufted headboard and the styling in the photo is definitely an inspiration – I am planning to DIY a tufted headboard sometime by the end of this year and have been wondering what color fabric and duvet cover to get.

• Reply lindsey September 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm

beautiful selections and inspiring us for our display at the show… so excited!

• Reply Laura September 16, 2010 at 7:31 pm

LOVE West Elm! I also love Pottery Barn but West Elm is a little more layed back and modern and I love that about it! I love almost everything in their catalog!

• Reply Cheryl September 16, 2010 at 9:06 pm

sweet choices. A fan of those sphere lamps too — only the pearl is left. Also like their new Ikat baskets (black and natural) and an iron/glass vase — a touch of black in rooms I always appreciate, grounding. Thanks, Holly, for sharing your top 12 list for WE. If only that tripod white table could be broken down and someone from the states could deliver it to you!

• Reply Emily September 16, 2010 at 9:08 pm

I couldn’t agree more about the white plates…and of course, my dinnerware is…! I like them for some things, but someday I’d like to get a white backup set. Or make the blue ones backup or something.

Next time I’m in a thrift store or IKEA, I should pick up some white stuff for my food photography….

Thanks for the idea!

• Reply hena tayeb September 16, 2010 at 9:08 pm

oh i love the tufted headboard.. looks to lush

• Reply Keighley@TheBellaLifeBlog September 16, 2010 at 9:36 pm

First, I would likt to say that it is inevitable that we become friends…. everything you picked out, I WOULD HAVE PICKED OUT! ;)

Second, I am so sad that I don’t live Boston. The artmarket sounds wonderful.

• Reply Alyssa Paquette September 17, 2010 at 12:05 am

Have you seen the new (print!) shelter magazine Anthology? The only offer subscriptions in the US, Canada and the UK right now, but they are doing a giveaway on Twitter right now featuring the Pratt desk! It’d be the perfect desk for my small office. :)

• Reply Alex Louisa September 17, 2010 at 7:52 am

I adore everything about room #8!! Especially the paint colour on the bricks… OH, and those drawers too!

• Reply Annie, bossy color September 17, 2010 at 1:55 pm

You nailed it! West Elm’s quality AND comfort can be questionnable, but I think you found the most promising items! Thank you!

• Reply Jane September 30, 2010 at 3:44 pm

six is delicious! I can’t get enough of the white/grey/yellow combo right now. I’ll also take the martini side table in white and the letter file(?) they’ve used as a side table in 8. Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Beth October 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm

Thanks so much for letting us know about the West Elm event. I’m meeting a group of friends there tonight and we are so excited!

• Reply ShyViolet October 28, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Oooh, great choices! I love how relaxed and comfortable the style is. Classy but still very livable.