Rue Magazine

There are so many great e-magazines out there right now! If you don’t believe me, read my complete e-mag round up and prepare to drool in delight. The next digital mag premiering on computer screens around the world is called Rue and is available for your perusing pleasure…

Rue Magazine

I’d like to thank Rue founders and fellow bloggers Crystal Gentilello and Anna Sage for featuring me in Blogger Side By Side on pages 40/41. I loved the illustrated stick thin and stylish version of me (I wish!) that the amazing Dallas Shaw pulled together, so cute! And it was fun to see illustrated me holding my favorite wallpaper and surrounded by two of my favorite things, perfume and lip gloss. I also liked learning about some of Ronda’s favorites too. You can see it below…

Rue Magazine

And here are some favorite glimpses from this beautiful magazine… I love how many bloggers I spotted in this issue, it was a really nice mix of my favorite people online and how excited I was to read that the fabulous Will Taylor from Bright.Bazaar in London works for Rue now – I love that guy (Will you soooo rock).

Rue Magazine

There is Joy in the navy/white spots having fun!

Rue Magazine

Great bed, love this frame and that gorgeous pink spread.

Rue Magazine

Victoria always gives a good home tour. Beautiful space, V!

Rue Magazine

More pretty views of Victoria’s home.

Rue Magazine

Happy Friday everyone!

(images: rue magazine)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on September 17, 2010

1. Valerie commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 2:57pm

Just like it’s inspiring to see you creating your own book now, it’s definitely inspiring to see what all of the people behind Rue have done! Amazing.

Congrats everyone! I am on my way to browse Rue right now…
    Valerie´s last blog post ..Movie for a bohemian season- Whip It

2. gf commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 2:57pm

The first 50 pages or so I was aghast at how _young_ everyone was. I felt so old and decrepit (and I am not even 40 yet). Luckily there were some ‘seasoned’ designers featured deeper in the piece to give it some balance.

I found the photography fantastic and the write ups were interesting and well done. The amount of content was overwhelming and I will have to give it another browse later.

3. laura trevey commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 3:03pm

It’s just wonderful… and I love the illustration of you! So great ~~
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Bright Bold and Beautiful- The Zhush

4. make my day commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 3:15pm

oh my… how did i not know that there was a world out there like this! online magazines…Rue magazien does a brilliant job of treating keeping things real but honouring colour! ( i so love colour) cheers kari
    make my day´s last blog post ..Olive Oil Chocolate Mousse &amp Adapt-A-Bowls

5. Becky D @ KingsDownRoad commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 3:16pm

I’m loving Rue so far!
    Becky D @ KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..Vintage Syroco Wood Gold Mirror

6. Anne @ Rue commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 3:41pm

Thank you so much Holly for sharing our premiere issue with your readers! SUCH an honor to have some images up in all their glory here on decor8. Strange, but that’s what makes it feel really “real” to us–your stamp of hearty approval means the world :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    Anne

7. Bluecaravan commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 4:19pm

Have just discovered the world of e-mags – and oh my, I love it! But where does all that time go? The Rue mag is looking fabulous. Congratulations Anne, and thanks Decor8 for the heads up…

8. Rachel @ La Bella Bungalow commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 4:33pm

Hi Holly! Congrats on your feature in Rue! I’m loving every page. These girls really outdid themselves!

Rachel
    xoxo
    Rachel @ La Bella Bungalow´s last blog post ..Creative Repurposing

9. Nuit commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 7:02pm

oh Rue definitely made my entire week!!!!! I am so happy it’s here!!!!!

x
    Nuit´s last blog post ..todays brittish place ❤

10. Christiana commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 7:21pm

LOVED your page in Rue. And, was especially excited to see your wallpaper pick, thank you! Have a great weekend!

11. Iris commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 7:30pm

Just picked up a new issue of VT Wonen from the mailbox and then found this in my digital one. Great start of the weekend!
    Iris´s last blog post ..Gluren

12. decor8 commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 7:35pm

Thank you Christiana!

13. Lana commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 9:34pm

To be honest, I never really paid much attention to e-mags. Recently, I stumbled across one or two and liked them and now after seeing this, I think I’ll pay more attention! This one looks wonderful!
    Have a terrific weekend! :)
    Lana´s last blog post ..Country Farm Girl Jewelry – Vintage Book Spine Adjustable Cuff Bracelet – THE PROMISE

14. Renee @ eatliveshop.com commented
    September 17th, 2010 at 9:53pm

Wow all of these images look fantastic! I can’t wait to browse through all of this e-mags.

ps. I love Will – isn’t he great?!
    Renee @ eatliveshop.com´s last blog post ..Tiny Blogging Break

15. victoria commented
    September 18th, 2010 at 1:07am

thank you for the shout out, holly! i was so happy to see you in the pages of rue, too, and i seriously cannot get over what an amazing job these girls did with their first issue – truly brilliant! :)
    victoria´s last blog post ..oh- and happy- happy friday

16. Penny Patten commented
    September 18th, 2010 at 2:50am

Congrats Holly! This is really cool, love the bed spread!
    Penny Patten´s last blog post ..Harvest Time

17. Holly commented
    September 18th, 2010 at 4:16am

The more I see on this magazine, the more I fall in love! Beautiful!
    Holly´s last blog post ..Pink and Green Thursday

18. Anna commented
    September 18th, 2010 at 9:41am

Love it! I can’t wait to delve in!
    Anna´s last blog post ..dace

19. Gosia commented
    September 18th, 2010 at 6:32pm

Holly, thanks for sharing the news about RUE – their links are an endless well of inspiration (Mark Rothke’s paintings as posters!!) + Victoria’s house – soooo cool and lovely!
    Gosia´s last blog post ..Friendly hues- tea rose mocha

20. pat commented
    September 19th, 2010 at 7:28am

Love the magazine hate the format. Unlike old things in a contemporary design, paper jammed into a web page doesn’t work. Here’s hoping they convert, like Lonny, soon.

21. su commented
    September 19th, 2010 at 11:47am

i’m sure you know great places to shop in Germany–I’m new to Deutschland, and I was wondering if you could post some info about where to find your decorations here! thanks a lot!

22. Vincent Sandoval commented
    September 19th, 2010 at 8:34pm

I’m loving the vintage portraits surrounding the bed!

23. Alex commented
    September 19th, 2010 at 11:08pm

Really great work. The magazine looks gorgeous but if something is going to be so lushly shot and intricately laid out, I wish it could just be on paper. I miss laying in bed on a Sunday perusing through a domino magazine. I guess I’m old at 31! Is it crazy to wish that some publishing company would actually put this out in print? Or do I have to buy an iPad? Dammit kids, get off my lawn! ;)

24. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    September 20th, 2010 at 2:40am

Rue is what everyone’s talking about!!! Rue rocks.
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..Inviting spaces

25. iyang commented
    September 20th, 2010 at 3:38am

rue is very cool!

friends, does anyone have an idea where I can find wallpaper in the red/white graphic pattern/fabric panel in the photo featuring the lovely pink bedspread?

26. Judith of Felicity Crew commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 7:58am

I will definitely have a look at this one! Love the glimpses you’ve featured here.
    Judith of Felicity Crew´s last blog post ..Venezia 8×10 signed fine art photograph

27. Brooke H commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 12:09pm

What an amazing job they did and what an incredible team they’ve put together at Rue! Although nothing can replace Domino and Blueprint, Rue is definitely on par. Love it and can’t wait for the next issue.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Inside the Sketchbook- Club Monaco

28. Sherman Unkefer commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 7:30pm

The home is truly beautiful. You can tell that there was a lot of detail that went into the design. I absolutely love it!
    Sherman Unkefer´s last blog post ..The Magic Wand System in Pre-Launch for Europe!

29. Castafiore commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 8:02pm

I love the bando party pics, I wish I’d been invited to that party :)
    Holly, I was wondering, is that you in that blue dress next to Joy ??

30. decor8 commented
    September 21st, 2010 at 11:51pm

@Castafiore – ha ha, a few people have asked me that. No, but she does resemble me with her hair and height!

31. Michelle commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 12:32pm

Just have to say how wonderful!

Our son is called Rue (we found the name in a very old naming book) and he will be thrilled to see there is a magazine with his name!

Do you know where they got the name from?

Thanks for sharing!
    M x

32. Will commented
    September 22nd, 2010 at 7:10pm

Holly! You are too kind – thank you. I’m lucky to working with such a dynamic and creative group of women. It’s inspiring to say the least.
    Will´s last blog post ..Guest Post- Compais Styling Tips

33. Daphne commented
    September 23rd, 2010 at 3:20am

i wish i could get a copy of Rue. i’m all the way in Asia.

34. Crystal @ Rue commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 1:28am

Thank you so much for the kind write-up Holly! We are so honored to have you in our premiere. Your style is impeccable and you are such an inspiration to us all!

xo,
    Crystal

35. Dana Cordova commented
    September 27th, 2010 at 3:03pm

Great publication and hurray for e-zines, truly the wave of the future. Fun, eco-friendly and clutter-free ;)
    Dana Cordova´s last blog post ..Sloane Fall issue now LIVE!