Books + Magazines

Rue Magazine

September 17, 2010

There are so many great e-magazines out there right now! If you don’t believe me, read my complete e-mag round up and prepare to drool in delight. The next digital mag premiering on computer screens around the world is called Rue and is available for your perusing pleasure…

Rue Magazine

I’d like to thank Rue founders and fellow bloggers Crystal Gentilello and Anna Sage for featuring me in Blogger Side By Side on pages 40/41. I loved the illustrated stick thin and stylish version of me (I wish!) that the amazing Dallas Shaw pulled together, so cute! And it was fun to see illustrated me holding my favorite wallpaper and surrounded by two of my favorite things, perfume and lip gloss. I also liked learning about some of Ronda’s favorites too. You can see it below…

Rue Magazine

And here are some favorite glimpses from this beautiful magazine… I love how many bloggers I spotted in this issue, it was a really nice mix of my favorite people online and how excited I was to read that the fabulous Will Taylor from Bright.Bazaar in London works for Rue now – I love that guy (Will you soooo rock).

Rue Magazine

There is Joy in the navy/white spots having fun!

Rue Magazine

Great bed, love this frame and that gorgeous pink spread.

Rue Magazine

Victoria always gives a good home tour. Beautiful space, V!

Rue Magazine

More pretty views of Victoria’s home.

Rue Magazine

Happy Friday everyone!

(images: rue magazine)

You Might Also Like

35 Comments

• Reply Valerie September 17, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Just like it’s inspiring to see you creating your own book now, it’s definitely inspiring to see what all of the people behind Rue have done! Amazing.

Congrats everyone! I am on my way to browse Rue right now…

• Reply gf September 17, 2010 at 2:57 pm

The first 50 pages or so I was aghast at how _young_ everyone was. I felt so old and decrepit (and I am not even 40 yet). Luckily there were some ‘seasoned’ designers featured deeper in the piece to give it some balance.

I found the photography fantastic and the write ups were interesting and well done. The amount of content was overwhelming and I will have to give it another browse later.

• Reply laura trevey September 17, 2010 at 3:03 pm

It’s just wonderful… and I love the illustration of you! So great ~~

• Reply make my day September 17, 2010 at 3:15 pm

oh my… how did i not know that there was a world out there like this! online magazines…Rue magazien does a brilliant job of treating keeping things real but honouring colour! ( i so love colour) cheers kari

• Reply Becky D @ KingsDownRoad September 17, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I’m loving Rue so far!

• Reply Anne @ Rue September 17, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Thank you so much Holly for sharing our premiere issue with your readers! SUCH an honor to have some images up in all their glory here on decor8. Strange, but that’s what makes it feel really “real” to us–your stamp of hearty approval means the world :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    Anne

• Reply Bluecaravan September 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Have just discovered the world of e-mags – and oh my, I love it! But where does all that time go? The Rue mag is looking fabulous. Congratulations Anne, and thanks Decor8 for the heads up…

• Reply Rachel @ La Bella Bungalow September 17, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Hi Holly! Congrats on your feature in Rue! I’m loving every page. These girls really outdid themselves!

Rachel
    xoxo

• Reply Nuit September 17, 2010 at 7:02 pm

oh Rue definitely made my entire week!!!!! I am so happy it’s here!!!!!

x

• Reply Christiana September 17, 2010 at 7:21 pm

LOVED your page in Rue. And, was especially excited to see your wallpaper pick, thank you! Have a great weekend!

• Reply decor8 September 17, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Thank you Christiana!

• Reply Iris September 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Just picked up a new issue of VT Wonen from the mailbox and then found this in my digital one. Great start of the weekend!

• Reply Lana September 17, 2010 at 9:34 pm

To be honest, I never really paid much attention to e-mags. Recently, I stumbled across one or two and liked them and now after seeing this, I think I’ll pay more attention! This one looks wonderful!
    Have a terrific weekend! :)

• Reply Renee @ eatliveshop.com September 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Wow all of these images look fantastic! I can’t wait to browse through all of this e-mags.

ps. I love Will – isn’t he great?!

• Reply victoria September 18, 2010 at 1:07 am

thank you for the shout out, holly! i was so happy to see you in the pages of rue, too, and i seriously cannot get over what an amazing job these girls did with their first issue – truly brilliant! :)

• Reply Penny Patten September 18, 2010 at 2:50 am

Congrats Holly! This is really cool, love the bed spread!

• Reply Holly September 18, 2010 at 4:16 am

The more I see on this magazine, the more I fall in love! Beautiful!

• Reply Anna September 18, 2010 at 9:41 am

Love it! I can’t wait to delve in!

• Reply Gosia September 18, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Holly, thanks for sharing the news about RUE – their links are an endless well of inspiration (Mark Rothke’s paintings as posters!!) + Victoria’s house – soooo cool and lovely!

• Reply pat September 19, 2010 at 7:28 am

Love the magazine hate the format. Unlike old things in a contemporary design, paper jammed into a web page doesn’t work. Here’s hoping they convert, like Lonny, soon.

• Reply su September 19, 2010 at 11:47 am

i’m sure you know great places to shop in Germany–I’m new to Deutschland, and I was wondering if you could post some info about where to find your decorations here! thanks a lot!

• Reply Vincent Sandoval September 19, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I’m loving the vintage portraits surrounding the bed!

• Reply Alex September 19, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Really great work. The magazine looks gorgeous but if something is going to be so lushly shot and intricately laid out, I wish it could just be on paper. I miss laying in bed on a Sunday perusing through a domino magazine. I guess I’m old at 31! Is it crazy to wish that some publishing company would actually put this out in print? Or do I have to buy an iPad? Dammit kids, get off my lawn! ;)

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor September 20, 2010 at 2:40 am

Rue is what everyone’s talking about!!! Rue rocks.

• Reply iyang September 20, 2010 at 3:38 am

rue is very cool!

friends, does anyone have an idea where I can find wallpaper in the red/white graphic pattern/fabric panel in the photo featuring the lovely pink bedspread?

• Reply Judith of Felicity Crew September 21, 2010 at 7:58 am

I will definitely have a look at this one! Love the glimpses you’ve featured here.

• Reply Brooke H September 21, 2010 at 12:09 pm

What an amazing job they did and what an incredible team they’ve put together at Rue! Although nothing can replace Domino and Blueprint, Rue is definitely on par. Love it and can’t wait for the next issue.

• Reply Sherman Unkefer September 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm

The home is truly beautiful. You can tell that there was a lot of detail that went into the design. I absolutely love it!

• Reply Castafiore September 21, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I love the bando party pics, I wish I’d been invited to that party :)
    Holly, I was wondering, is that you in that blue dress next to Joy ??

• Reply decor8 September 21, 2010 at 11:51 pm

@Castafiore – ha ha, a few people have asked me that. No, but she does resemble me with her hair and height!

• Reply Michelle September 22, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Just have to say how wonderful!

Our son is called Rue (we found the name in a very old naming book) and he will be thrilled to see there is a magazine with his name!

Do you know where they got the name from?

Thanks for sharing!
    M x

• Reply Will September 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Holly! You are too kind – thank you. I’m lucky to working with such a dynamic and creative group of women. It’s inspiring to say the least.

• Reply Daphne September 23, 2010 at 3:20 am

i wish i could get a copy of Rue. i’m all the way in Asia.

• Reply Crystal @ Rue September 25, 2010 at 1:28 am

Thank you so much for the kind write-up Holly! We are so honored to have you in our premiere. Your style is impeccable and you are such an inspiration to us all!

xo,
    Crystal

• Reply Dana Cordova September 27, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Great publication and hurray for e-zines, truly the wave of the future. Fun, eco-friendly and clutter-free ;)