Enjoy The Weekend!

I’ve really enjoyed our week together, thank you for your visits, comments and general amazingness! This week has been busy for me but I went and got myself a nasty little head cold so I had to lay low today as I’m finally starting to feel better after a week of moaning and whining… so I chilled a bit today because I need to get my energy up — I’m moving next week and so there is no time to be sick!

Happy Friday

I found this image in the latest copy of VTWonen, a Dutch mag that I subscribe to, and I just love the idea of taking tears from magazines to form a house-shaped inspiration wall. Fun! It also put me into the “moving into a new house” mood. I went into the new place a few days ago to measure the windows and have a general look around and I left feeling so inspired and happy because I really “feel” this space. I need to pack and get things organized because I am just dying at this point to move in. So, that’s what I’ll be up to this weekend in addition to some fun social stuff that I have going on.

What about you? What will you do? Want to come help me pack? :)

See you on Monday!

(image: vtwonen)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on September 25, 2010

1. Justina Blakeney commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 1:22am

I’d love to help you come pack ;-)
    Gorgeous image! Love the house-shaped mood board and thanks for the introduction to this Dutch Mag. Have a fun, productive weekend, Holly.
    Justina Blakeney´s last blog post ..Hitched!

2. Jacilyn commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 1:25am

Love the house shaped board too. Great idea.

Hope your cold goes away this weekend!
    Jacilyn´s last blog post ..tiny

3. Kelly commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 1:53am

Good luck with the move, Holly! I can’t believe how much you’ve got going on right now — and still you put out that same happy-but-calm energy. :-) It gives me something to aspire to the next time we have to pack up. Can’t wait to see all of the inspiring things you’ll do in the new place!
    Kelly´s last blog post ..DIY Birch Bulletin Board

4. Gramercy Home commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 2:33am

Wow. We are living parallel lives right now…I just came down with a head cold and I’m moving next week, as well. I’ve been doing everything known to mankind to fight this puppy. Can not get knocked down! Hope you feel better and have a successful move!

5. Sarah commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 3:47am

I do like the idea too of the mag inspirations…good luck with the move, I know how difficult it can be…but exciting at the same time! :)
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Soothing palette

6. christine commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 4:16am

I can’t wait to see pics of your new place – hope you’ll share once you get settled!

7. Kathryn Bechen commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 4:58am

Love your gorgeous blog!

8. Rayna Diane commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 5:01am

I always used to have magazine images all over my walls growing up. I miss that – I started feeling like I was too old to do it or something silly like that. I’ve recently started doing it again (though not in a house shape but that’s a neat idea!) esp. since my apt. is so bland!

9. Teresa commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 5:37am

I have that same cold and am so ready to be over it….Happy Weekend

10. Missives From Suburbia commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 5:48am

I am an expert mover, and have it down to a fine art (my husband’s job requires us to move every few years). I’ll come help you pack if you help me figure out how to pull my livingroom together (we might get to stay here for a while). Deal?
    Missives From Suburbia´s last blog post ..Weighing the Risks

11. Ali commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 8:35am

I am a master packer! Really. We moved a lot as kids and it’s a skill which really improves with practice. Enjoy!

I’m off to Origin (the design fair) in London today – must jump in the shower and onto the train. Enjoy your weekend Holly!
    Ali´s last blog post ..The Birthday season

12. juliette commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 9:44am

picture hanging , baking a pumpkin spice cake w/cream cheese frosting, family gathering….welcoming fall! =)

Feel better – had one of those last week and what a drag! Gute Besserung!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Make and Read

13. ishtar commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 9:52am

enjoy your weekend and get better soon!!!
    of course I´d like to help you pack!!! England is not “that far” is it ; )
    xo
    Ishtar
    ishtar´s last blog post ..

14. Ingrid Jansen commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 12:01pm

Love the table and ?
    Ingrid Jansen´s last blog post ..wood &amp wool stool @ woonbeurs

15. All things nice... commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 12:35pm

Holly,

Love the inspiration house, it looks really pretty too. This weekend I’m also relaxing, might do a bit of crafting too, visit my new house to see the progress made, the roof will be going on next week, watch out on my blog for updates. Can’t wait for your move and to see all your interior design come into play. Enjoy the weekend :)

All things nice…
    All things nice…´s last blog post ..Think Contemporary- Interior Architecture &amp Design

16. Eduarda commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 3:12pm

It would be a pleasure to help you, Holly! I can drive from Norway to Germany in seconds! :)
    Eduarda´s last blog post ..o regresso the return

17. Cecilie commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 7:01pm

I hope you feel better.

Sure thing – I’ll come and help you pack :o)

We went to Zweibrücken today to visit a small but nice Herbst Garten Markt. Tomorrow I’ll be making cards for a Danish charity organisation and day dreaming of redecorating my home (seems I do that last bit non-stop at the moment).

18. Halen commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 10:31pm

Cute table, seems like a casual work area :)
    Halen´s last blog post ..Japanese home decor trends! a classic effect

19. laura trevey commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 10:41pm

Cool inspiration board!!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Best of the Week on BB&ampB

20. Traveling Mama commented
    September 25th, 2010 at 10:54pm

We’ve been painting and getting our place ready in hopes that our stuff will arrive. Hope you are feeling much better! Hugs!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..shop 52-week ten- Agnes Cupcakes

21. tahni commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 12:19am

even though i ca’t help you pack, i am packing right along with you! i move in a week!

22. janis - pine cone camp commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 1:51am

Take care of yourself – drink tea and read magazines only!
    I love this inspiring wall – fab idea.
    Good luck with the big move!
    janis – pine cone camp´s last blog post ..Purple Haze

23. cathy commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 1:58am

thanks for the inspiration house, I think I found a weekend project too.

24. Monica Lee commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 3:27am

I will help you unpack, I am an Army brat and we move fast, fast. Although, my hubby is sick too, weird time of year to have a cold…I think you should move slow, slow and take care of yourself. (Can’t be sick for your next adventure!

25. cristin @ simplified bee commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 6:00am

Our weekend is filled w soccer games and bday parties! The weather is gorgeous and warm.

hope you feel better soon!!!

xo,
    cristin
    cristin @ simplified bee´s last blog post ..New York City- Nate Berkus- ABC Home and More

26. Glenda Childers commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 7:14am

I actually love packing. (strange, I know.) I am moving myself from Seattle to Chicago. How about if I come to Germany and help you pack and then you come to Seattle to help me pack. Hope your on the mend.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    (from BYW class)
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..EUROPE- TENTING AND A GYPSY CIRCUS

27. Justina commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 10:34am

inspiration board is really nice! I hope you finish your packing (and un-packing) fast with help of friendly people:)I would help but I don’t think I will manage to get there on time;)
    have fun decorating your new space!
    good luck
    Just
    Justina´s last blog post ..tak bez tytułu- no title post

28. Kelly Swallow commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 10:39am

Good luck with your packing! This weekend I’ve been exhibiting at Tent London where there are so many fantastic designs. Very exciting for me as I sold my complete collection on day 2!
    kelly swallow

29. andreea commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 4:45pm

good luck with the move and hope the cold gets better!

30. Clara commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 5:28pm

I love the felt magazine holder is it? So cool x
    Clara´s last blog post ..Inja Part 2

31. Christina Song commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 7:18pm

I’ve seen that wooden lamp at a DWELL convention few months ago. I love it along with the house inspiration board

32. Andy Mathis commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 7:54pm

Have fun packing Holly.
    I had to stop by and comment. I downloaded the Flipboard app for iPad last night and Decor8 has never looked lovelier. (and it was pretty lovely before). Total eye candy and fun to read.
    Andy Mathis´s last blog post ..My Watercolor Painting E-Class- Trial Run

33. Becky D @ KingsDownRoad commented
    September 26th, 2010 at 9:24pm

I WISH I could come help you pack!! :) Good luck with the packing and move.
    Becky D @ KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..White Oval Ironstone Platter with Hand Engraved Blue Flowers- Made in England

34. erika commented
    September 27th, 2010 at 10:57am

I liked that picture too, I hope you had a good weekend with all the packing!! I was at the woonbeurs this weekend together with Jane from ATLW in the 101-woonideeen huis demonstrating our work , it was a really inspiring weekend, I loved looking at the houses that 101 and VT wonen designed!!

35. Margarida commented
    September 27th, 2010 at 12:29pm

My sister will love this. :-) I must share it!
    Margarida´s last blog post ..Estamos a contratar um voluntário We are hiring a a volunteer

36. Krystle@CraftyHabit commented
    September 27th, 2010 at 5:41pm

Love love love the color me pretty monthly post. Provides such great inspirations and gets my creative juices flowing. It caters so much to my love of color. Thank you for all the wonderful posts!

Best of luck packing!