Enjoy The Weekend!

September 25, 2010

I’ve really enjoyed our week together, thank you for your visits, comments and general amazingness! This week has been busy for me but I went and got myself a nasty little head cold so I had to lay low today as I’m finally starting to feel better after a week of moaning and whining… so I chilled a bit today because I need to get my energy up — I’m moving next week and so there is no time to be sick!

Enjoy The Weekend!

I found this image in the latest copy of VTWonen, a Dutch mag that I subscribe to, and I just love the idea of taking tears from magazines to form a house-shaped inspiration wall. Fun! It also put me into the “moving into a new house” mood. I went into the new place a few days ago to measure the windows and have a general look around and I left feeling so inspired and happy because I really “feel” this space. I need to pack and get things organized because I am just dying at this point to move in. So, that’s what I’ll be up to this weekend in addition to some fun social stuff that I have going on.

What about you? What will you do? Want to come help me pack? :)

See you on Monday!

(image: vtwonen)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Justina Blakeney September 25, 2010 at 1:22 am

I’d love to help you come pack ;-)
    Gorgeous image! Love the house-shaped mood board and thanks for the introduction to this Dutch Mag. Have a fun, productive weekend, Holly.

• Reply Jacilyn September 25, 2010 at 1:25 am

Love the house shaped board too. Great idea.

Hope your cold goes away this weekend!

• Reply Kelly September 25, 2010 at 1:53 am

Good luck with the move, Holly! I can’t believe how much you’ve got going on right now — and still you put out that same happy-but-calm energy. :-) It gives me something to aspire to the next time we have to pack up. Can’t wait to see all of the inspiring things you’ll do in the new place!

• Reply Gramercy Home September 25, 2010 at 2:33 am

Wow. We are living parallel lives right now…I just came down with a head cold and I’m moving next week, as well. I’ve been doing everything known to mankind to fight this puppy. Can not get knocked down! Hope you feel better and have a successful move!

• Reply Sarah September 25, 2010 at 3:47 am

I do like the idea too of the mag inspirations…good luck with the move, I know how difficult it can be…but exciting at the same time! :)

• Reply christine September 25, 2010 at 4:16 am

I can’t wait to see pics of your new place – hope you’ll share once you get settled!

• Reply Kathryn Bechen September 25, 2010 at 4:58 am

Love your gorgeous blog!

• Reply Rayna Diane September 25, 2010 at 5:01 am

I always used to have magazine images all over my walls growing up. I miss that – I started feeling like I was too old to do it or something silly like that. I’ve recently started doing it again (though not in a house shape but that’s a neat idea!) esp. since my apt. is so bland!

• Reply Teresa September 25, 2010 at 5:37 am

I have that same cold and am so ready to be over it….Happy Weekend

• Reply Missives From Suburbia September 25, 2010 at 5:48 am

I am an expert mover, and have it down to a fine art (my husband’s job requires us to move every few years). I’ll come help you pack if you help me figure out how to pull my livingroom together (we might get to stay here for a while). Deal?

• Reply Ali September 25, 2010 at 8:35 am

I am a master packer! Really. We moved a lot as kids and it’s a skill which really improves with practice. Enjoy!

I’m off to Origin (the design fair) in London today – must jump in the shower and onto the train. Enjoy your weekend Holly!

• Reply juliette September 25, 2010 at 9:44 am

picture hanging , baking a pumpkin spice cake w/cream cheese frosting, family gathering….welcoming fall! =)

Feel better – had one of those last week and what a drag! Gute Besserung!

• Reply ishtar September 25, 2010 at 9:52 am

enjoy your weekend and get better soon!!!
    of course I´d like to help you pack!!! England is not “that far” is it ; )

• Reply Ingrid Jansen September 25, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Love the table and ?

• Reply All things nice... September 25, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Love the inspiration house, it looks really pretty too. This weekend I’m also relaxing, might do a bit of crafting too, visit my new house to see the progress made, the roof will be going on next week, watch out on my blog for updates. Can’t wait for your move and to see all your interior design come into play. Enjoy the weekend :)

All things nice…

• Reply Eduarda September 25, 2010 at 3:12 pm

It would be a pleasure to help you, Holly! I can drive from Norway to Germany in seconds! :)

• Reply Cecilie September 25, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I hope you feel better.

Sure thing – I’ll come and help you pack :o)

We went to Zweibrücken today to visit a small but nice Herbst Garten Markt. Tomorrow I’ll be making cards for a Danish charity organisation and day dreaming of redecorating my home (seems I do that last bit non-stop at the moment).

• Reply Halen September 25, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Cute table, seems like a casual work area :)

• Reply laura trevey September 25, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Cool inspiration board!!

• Reply Traveling Mama September 25, 2010 at 10:54 pm

We’ve been painting and getting our place ready in hopes that our stuff will arrive. Hope you are feeling much better! Hugs!

• Reply tahni September 26, 2010 at 12:19 am

even though i ca’t help you pack, i am packing right along with you! i move in a week!

• Reply janis - pine cone camp September 26, 2010 at 1:51 am

Take care of yourself – drink tea and read magazines only!
    I love this inspiring wall – fab idea.
    Good luck with the big move!

• Reply cathy September 26, 2010 at 1:58 am

thanks for the inspiration house, I think I found a weekend project too.

• Reply Monica Lee September 26, 2010 at 3:27 am

I will help you unpack, I am an Army brat and we move fast, fast. Although, my hubby is sick too, weird time of year to have a cold…I think you should move slow, slow and take care of yourself. (Can’t be sick for your next adventure!

• Reply cristin @ simplified bee September 26, 2010 at 6:00 am

Our weekend is filled w soccer games and bday parties! The weather is gorgeous and warm.

hope you feel better soon!!!

• Reply Glenda Childers September 26, 2010 at 7:14 am

I actually love packing. (strange, I know.) I am moving myself from Seattle to Chicago. How about if I come to Germany and help you pack and then you come to Seattle to help me pack. Hope your on the mend.

(from BYW class)

• Reply Justina September 26, 2010 at 10:34 am

inspiration board is really nice! I hope you finish your packing (and un-packing) fast with help of friendly people:)I would help but I don’t think I will manage to get there on time;)
    have fun decorating your new space!
    good luck

• Reply Kelly Swallow September 26, 2010 at 10:39 am

Good luck with your packing! This weekend I’ve been exhibiting at Tent London where there are so many fantastic designs. Very exciting for me as I sold my complete collection on day 2!
    kelly swallow

• Reply andreea September 26, 2010 at 4:45 pm

good luck with the move and hope the cold gets better!

• Reply Clara September 26, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I love the felt magazine holder is it? So cool x

• Reply Christina Song September 26, 2010 at 7:18 pm

I’ve seen that wooden lamp at a DWELL convention few months ago. I love it along with the house inspiration board

• Reply Andy Mathis September 26, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Have fun packing Holly.
    I had to stop by and comment. I downloaded the Flipboard app for iPad last night and Decor8 has never looked lovelier. (and it was pretty lovely before). Total eye candy and fun to read.

• Reply Becky D @ KingsDownRoad September 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I WISH I could come help you pack!! :) Good luck with the packing and move.

• Reply erika September 27, 2010 at 10:57 am

I liked that picture too, I hope you had a good weekend with all the packing!! I was at the woonbeurs this weekend together with Jane from ATLW in the 101-woonideeen huis demonstrating our work , it was a really inspiring weekend, I loved looking at the houses that 101 and VT wonen designed!!

• Reply Margarida September 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

My sister will love this. :-) I must share it!

• Reply Krystle@CraftyHabit September 27, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Love love love the color me pretty monthly post. Provides such great inspirations and gets my creative juices flowing. It caters so much to my love of color. Thank you for all the wonderful posts!

Best of luck packing!