Florian Pucher Land Rugs

I love throw rugs so when I read about Florian Pucher and his Land Rugs over on the Livingetc blog this morning my eyes popped wide open and my jaw dropped. These are so awesome! A little too bright for my taste, but the concept is amazing and I’d love to have one in more understated hues. But even still, these are fabulous.

Florian Pucher Land Rugs

Pucher was born in Vienna where he studied architecture and then went on to practice in Shanghai. Next, he decided to try something new and is now designing products alongside partner Sophia Liu Bo. His designs range from tableware to jewelry, sofas and everything in between — including these gorgeous hand-tufted 100% New Zealand wool Land Rugs which won the Elle Decoration International Design Award in 2009 for best floor covering.

Florian Pucher Land Rugs

Florian Pucher Land Rugs

Florian Pucher Land Rugs

Florian Pucher Land Rugs

Florian Pucher Land Rugs

I love these country-cool aerial views of the countryside of America, Europe and Africa. Very fresh!

(images: florian pucher)

Posted by decor8 in flooring on September 30, 2010

1. peggy commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 12:59pm

oh, I could imagine them in a kids room… colourful but not kitsch (and no pink or baby blue haha)…
    Plus nearly every kid has a battery of Schleich animals… that would be the perfect item to play with them!
    peggy´s last blog post ..Discover a new blog today- Bull in a china shop

2. Michelle commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 1:00pm

How fun for a farm-themed children’s room!

3. Marie@etincellestudio commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 2:19pm

Fabulous is the right word. Such a smart idea that one wonder why it hasn’t been done before. Lovely, I am wondering if they are made in China or in countries such as Iran etc… I am off to check it out :)
    Marie@etincellestudio´s last blog post ..Things to be grateful for

4. Marie@etincellestudio commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 2:37pm

Back from the website of F. Pucher… the rugs are made in China and it seems quite easy to order one. I don’t find them that expensive either (except maybe “Netherlands”@ 2,100US$). Or is it expensive?
    Anyway my favorite one is “Europe”….
    Marie@etincellestudio´s last blog post ..Things to be grateful for

5. Monica Lee commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 2:59pm

Wow, I spent 20 years as a flight attendant looking out of an airplane window and they made my view into a rug.!!! Really, that is just what the ground looks like! (the cows are smaller though…)

6. Eliana (argentina) commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 3:17pm

wow, it’s amazing!!! .. beautiful color palettes and structure.

7. Thea S commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 4:48pm

Wow. I love these! Such a simple but original idea.
    Thea S´s last blog post ..Never Too Late

8. hena tayeb commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 5:30pm

an interesting idea..
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Ds Nursery

9. Cecilie commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 8:07pm

These rugs are STUNNING! I’d love to have Europe under foot.

10. Ashley • Fine Day Press commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 8:08pm

That is the coolest rug concept ever!! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

11. FlightyNaty commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 8:46pm

So funny idea with cows on the rugs :)
    FlightyNaty´s last blog post ..All of the Lego

12. small commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 9:17pm

Land rugs! How perfect and beautiful!

13. Gwen commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 9:48pm

How fun! My brother and I always divvied up farm animals or matchbox cars and layed out books on the floor to create a patchwork of neighborhoods & fields. We would have loved these!

14. Stacey commented
    October 1st, 2010 at 12:33am

How awesome! Forget putting this in a children’s room – I’d put it in my living room! (Right below my ABC posters. So maybe that says something about my design style :) I guess I’m just into the whimsy of children’s design!)

Those rugs kind of remind me of the board game Settlers of Catan, where you place interlocking fields next to each other.
    Stacey´s last blog post ..They seemed to come suddenly upon happiness

15. Susan commented
    October 2nd, 2010 at 4:24am

These rugs are so fun. They would be perfect for a child’s playroom. You have to love those cows.
    Susan´s last blog post ..New Items At Premier Fireplace

16. Corey commented
    October 2nd, 2010 at 12:51pm

These are fantastic. Most unique design for a floor that I have seen in a long time!

17. thebubbreport commented
    October 2nd, 2010 at 8:37pm

Those are genius! They remind me of flying over the middle of the USA!

18. Karine Ardault commented
    October 3rd, 2010 at 1:34pm

I have seen these rugs a couple of times already and indeed they look great. I agree they could be so fun in a child’s room.
    i like that there are land carpets for different areas of the world. My two favorites are the Europe and Africa ones.
    Karine Ardault´s last blog post ..If Ikea was around the corner October 2010

19. Kaho commented
    October 4th, 2010 at 1:57am

How unique and interesting!! The rugs sort of remind me of fields in Bali, too. I have seen pictures of Bali with step fields and the pattern on the rugs make me think of them.
    Kaho´s last blog post ..After ☆ Front Foyer

20. Calla commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 3:01am

Fantastic to come across a professional approach to what we, who were first setting up house in the ’70s, tried to create from carpet samples. We spent days cutting and glueing pieces onto sail canvas according to colour and hue, a version of the old style patchwork quilts….great. I love your work.

21. das. commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 10:36am

Wow..this is soo nice. The colors are great too.
    das.´s last blog post ..Japan Comme Ca Store Postcard