Arts + Crafts

V&A Prints

September 30, 2010

I know I mentioned them briefly as I swooned over Lobster & Swan earlier, but I can’t help myself — I must point you over to V&A Prints! You can order high quality prints and have them delivered to your home to frame and enjoy. I love some of the Grace Kelly photographs and even found this one below of Jerry Lewis quite lovely – he is shown in such a thoughtful pose, I love it!

V&A Prints

Which reminds me, as I was packing last weekend I watched an old Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film from the 1950s, Living It Up, have you seen it? This is the cutest clip where they sing, “Every street’s a boulevard in old New York…” It makes me feel close to my grandmother when I watched Dean and Jerry. She always loved to watch their films and sing along to them. When I see black and white photographs of Hollywood film stars such as these above, I always think of my dear, sweet Millie.

(images: v&a)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Sarade September 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm

These prints are extraordinary! What a great resource – thanks for sharing!

• Reply AnnOnandOn September 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Great collage… What a beautiful memory to have about your grandma.

• Reply Kelley September 30, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Oh thank you for sharing this–I didn’t realize it was available to the US! I am swooning over the Chinese wallpaper print.

• Reply juliette September 30, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Maybe I can find something here that my husband and I agree on. Just yesterday we purchased something I think is fabulous and he’s now asking about return policies…blah. It’s tentatively in the LR waiting for a seal of approval…or the boot!

• Reply Ellen (boltandfrolic) October 1, 2010 at 8:18 am

Great site and how fascinating! I have this image

It’s perhaps a page from a vintage catalog, or maybe it was tipped in? (When it came into my possession years ago, it was just loose with no hint of it being torn out of a book.) The back of the print has a ‘Plate No.’ There was no other info about it and now, thanks to you, I know its origins! : )

• Reply Julie October 1, 2010 at 4:47 pm

The New York Public Library has something similar–it’s actually a far larger collection. I really like the book jacket collection.

• Reply Connie October 1, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I love the floral prints!!