V&A Prints

I know I mentioned them briefly as I swooned over Lobster & Swan earlier, but I can’t help myself — I must point you over to V&A Prints! You can order high quality prints and have them delivered to your home to frame and enjoy. I love some of the Grace Kelly photographs and even found this one below of Jerry Lewis quite lovely – he is shown in such a thoughtful pose, I love it!

V&A Prints

Which reminds me, as I was packing last weekend I watched an old Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film from the 1950s, Living It Up, have you seen it? This is the cutest clip where they sing, “Every street’s a boulevard in old New York…” It makes me feel close to my grandmother when I watched Dean and Jerry. She always loved to watch their films and sing along to them. When I see black and white photographs of Hollywood film stars such as these above, I always think of my dear, sweet Millie.

(images: v&a)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on September 30, 2010

1. Sarade commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 1:59pm

These prints are extraordinary! What a great resource – thanks for sharing!
    Sarade´s last blog post ..Rose and Lace Necklace

2. AnnOnandOn commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 2:47pm

Great collage… What a beautiful memory to have about your grandma.

3. Kelley commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 5:07pm

Oh thank you for sharing this–I didn’t realize it was available to the US! I am swooning over the Chinese wallpaper print.
    Kelley´s last blog post ..In My Library- Cinderella

4. juliette commented
    September 30th, 2010 at 6:30pm

Maybe I can find something here that my husband and I agree on. Just yesterday we purchased something I think is fabulous and he’s now asking about return policies…blah. It’s tentatively in the LR waiting for a seal of approval…or the boot!
    juliette´s last blog post ..He says-She says Wall Art Delima- Poll!

5. Ellen (boltandfrolic) commented
    October 1st, 2010 at 8:18am

Great site and how fascinating! I have this image

It’s perhaps a page from a vintage catalog, or maybe it was tipped in? (When it came into my possession years ago, it was just loose with no hint of it being torn out of a book.) The back of the print has a ‘Plate No.’ There was no other info about it and now, thanks to you, I know its origins! : )

6. Julie commented
    October 1st, 2010 at 4:47pm

The New York Public Library has something similar–it’s actually a far larger collection. I really like the book jacket collection. http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/index.cfm

7. Connie commented
    October 1st, 2010 at 8:05pm

I love the floral prints!!
    Connie´s last blog post ..crystal jon fullerton-ca