Amanda McLaughlin Photography (+ some updates!)

Specializing in interiors, food, travel, still life, lifestyle, portrait and wedding photography (wow, what a list!), talented Australian photographer Amanda McLaughlin has a gorgeous portfolio online to peruse for inspiration today. Would you like to see some lovely visuals that may perhaps spark your creativity? Of course you do!

Amanda McLaughlin Photography

Amanda McLaughlin Photography

Amanda McLaughlin Photography

Amanda’s work is so gorgeous, isn’t it? I love seeing the branches in vases above… my friend Ingrid brought me a huge “bouquet” of berry branches from the German countryside that she picked and they are gorgeous and in my ceramic vase on my work desk. They are so pretty and really brought in some of the outdoors which always helps to “warm up” a space, especially in a brand new space that is quite spare currently as mine is…

How are you doing today? I hope that you are well! I have been very busy trying to sort out our new apartment (you can see photos of it here) — unpacking, sorting, deciding what I should keep and what I should pass on to a new home, etc. Plus I’m still working on Decorate (which will be published first in England in March and then in May in the US and THEN in Germany next Autumn!), planning my kitchen (the new Smeg (thank you dear Yvonne for the suggestion!) arrived today – I love it and can’t wait to bake the first cupcakes in there) and I decided to make some presents for my students that I’ll bring to Morocco next week on my teaching adventure there —  so I’ve been doing a lot of crafty stuff which energizes me so much and makes me very happy! Once I’m back from Morocco, I’ll share some photos of the gifts that I made for them so that you can see — but not yet, as they read my blog and I can’t blow the little surprise with a sneak peek (sorry).

I’m also working on my class materials and handouts for my lovely class there, too. I can’t wait to meet the lovely ladies who will be joining me — I feel so blessed right now. To top it all off, this morning I was able to attend a photoshoot at the home of my new neighbor who lives upstairs from us — a German stylist and photographer from Hamburg were styling and shooting and I was able to watch them in action which was a lot of fun.

So! Those are my updates for the week so far. How are you doing?

(images: amanda mclaughlin)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on October 06, 2010

1. Design Elements commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 4:14pm

gorgeous pics! Love them :)

2. Tina commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 4:26pm

Congrats on the new home – moving out is not as fun as moving in (since moving out equals cleaning the place…)! :-)

Made a pouf a couple of days ago and feel very pleased with that, but these last days have been to busy to do anything creative… I hope to start renovating my oldest son´s room this weekend though…

Wonderful photos! :-)
    Tina´s last blog post ..Giveaway!

3. carolyn commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 4:55pm

these are absolutely gorgeous photos. i am so coveting dark/black walls right now, i can’t get enough. thanks for sharing :)

4. juliette commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 5:43pm

I’ve been swamped with work lately which has been actually good, but has also made me blog even more (guess I’m fighting for balance!). I’ve decided to expand my freelance work and it’s going amazingly well, so yay! I feel really charged up with my life and that’s so great – but busy!

btw- I think it’s great that your book will be released in Germany! I’m totally going to keep an eye out for it next fall!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Orangey Goodness on Flickr

5. gina commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 5:51pm

Fantastic! like a bright white clean canvas, which just may be the best way to decorate your home, start fresh. Congratulations on your new space, I hope you find much happiness there :)
    gina´s last blog post ..Orange!

6. kendal croix commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 7:01pm

wonderful wonderful things.
    kendal croix´s last blog post ..etsy is harder then i thought

7. Lauren commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 7:18pm

What gorgeous photographs!

Thanks for the inspiration and can’t wait for your book in May!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Brewing up a little Halloween fun!

8. La Belle Vie commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 7:39pm

Beautiful!!!!

9. Becky D @ KingsDownRoad commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 7:52pm

Love those pictures – thanks for sharing!
    Becky D @ KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..Think Pink!!

10. Lulu24 commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 7:54pm

Congrats on the move Holly! I can’t wait to see what you do with the space, and the new oven… I moved house in July so I’m looking forward to some inspiration! ;o)

11. STYLIZIMO commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 8:28pm

Thank you for the tips, Holly! I really need to check more of her work because it’s truly lovely.

I saw your new home over at Haus Maus, and it looks amazing. I can’t wait to see it after you’ve decorated it.
    I love to move and to decorate a new home, so I know how much FUN you are having right now, even though it’s a bit stressful :) Enjoy!

– Nina
    STYLIZIMO´s last blog post .. Latest news from Ikea!

12. Rosa Navas commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 8:34pm

Really nice pictures, they will give us a lot of ideas. Thank you :)
    Rosa Navas´s last blog post ..Habitat

13. Will commented
    October 6th, 2010 at 11:55pm

So glad you are settling in well, Holly, even if you are in fabric cutting hell! ;)

P.S. Beautiful photography, indeed.
    Will´s last blog post ..Home Tour- Palm Springs on the 5th Arrondissement

14. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 12:21am

She’s very talented! Lovely images

15. Hej Melissa commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 2:41am

Holly, are you a wee obsessed with my country? ;)
    I think you need to take a trip to Australia one day!
    I can’t wait to see your Smeg oven – are you getting a matching fridge?
    x
    Hej Melissa´s last blog post ..Scandinavian Surface – screen backdrop

16. Jen smith commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 3:06am

those pics are great!!! I can’t wait to hear all about your Moroccan adventure!

jen
    Jen smith´s last blog post ..Handira- My Moroccan Decor Dream

17. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 3:57am

Ah…I am living vicariously through you today darlin. It all sounds so beautiful & lovely. Have I said how beyond excited I am for your book? May?! I can NOT wait. *sigh* I know it is going to be fantastic. Have a wonderful rest of your week & a great weekend.
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap &amp Chic- a belt

18. Heather Bourgeois commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 4:41am

Saw the pics over on Haus Maus- looks great!
    Heather Bourgeois´s last blog post ..Inspired by The Black Apple

19. annamaria commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 6:35am

Fabulous photos!
    annamaria´s last blog post ..Keep your eyes open for joy-

20. Jess (Where My Heart Is) commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 8:06am

I am always wanting to see super inspiring visuals – thanks.

I had enrolled to do the course with you in Morocco but the dates didn’t work out. I am so disappointed as it would have been so much fun and now I find out you were bring presents :) I was also looking forward to staying in the Peacock Pavilions! I hope you do another one next year.
    Jess (Where My Heart Is)´s last blog post ..Blogging Your Way

21. decor8 commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 10:03am

@Hej Melissa – Yes totally!!!!

22. Leanne Ambrogio commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 1:13pm

Lovely pictures Holly – we have some great Aussie photographers and stylists over here and it is great that they have international recognition! Love the pics of your new home – so exciting to be in a new space that you love – can’t wait to see it evolve. Leanne x
    Leanne Ambrogio´s last blog post ..Styling and Discovering

23. tricotaria commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 6:34pm

Amazing post, as always!

24. Stacey commented
    October 7th, 2010 at 9:11pm

Wow! Such beautiful photography! Thanks for sharing.
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Keira’s New Do

25. deneise bucko commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 1:27am

Holli great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Also, thank you for being such an inspiration to us all you’re truly a gifted and amazing women!

26. Diane commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 6:35am

Wonderful photos.. inspiring, indeed. I love those early days of being in a new home. We’ve been in our new home for just over a yr. and still trying to decided exactly what we’re going to do for each room. We wanted to let the “house” settle and for us to be in here for a while to get a better feel of how we want to decorate and style our new home. Thanks for sharing. Lots of inspiration! x
    Diane´s last blog post ..Unravelling the Past I

27. Erin commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 6:58am

how do you create your lovely mood boards. i just love them, but have no idea how people put them together?!
    Erin´s last blog post ..friday night in toronto

28. janis - pinecone camp commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 7:26am

Your new home looks perfectly perfect! I love it.
    I also love Amanda’s work – fantastic photographer!
    Lucky you, popping in for a photo shoot! If you’re ever in Vancouver, I’ll take you on one of mine!
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..Bedroom Make-over Well- its a start

29. Tiffanys Small World commented
    October 8th, 2010 at 12:26pm

awesome photos!thanks for sharing.

30. jenn commented
    October 11th, 2010 at 3:20am

I love the “wooden wall”, where all the wooden gadgets are hanging. So awesome!