Inspiration

Amanda McLaughlin Photography (+ some updates!)

October 6, 2010

Specializing in interiors, food, travel, still life, lifestyle, portrait and wedding photography (wow, what a list!), talented Australian photographer Amanda McLaughlin has a gorgeous portfolio online to peruse for inspiration today. Would you like to see some lovely visuals that may perhaps spark your creativity? Of course you do!

Amanda McLaughlin Photography (+ some updates!)

Amanda McLaughlin Photography (+ some updates!)

Amanda McLaughlin Photography (+ some updates!)

Amanda’s work is so gorgeous, isn’t it? I love seeing the branches in vases above… my friend Ingrid brought me a huge “bouquet” of berry branches from the German countryside that she picked and they are gorgeous and in my ceramic vase on my work desk. They are so pretty and really brought in some of the outdoors which always helps to “warm up” a space, especially in a brand new space that is quite spare currently as mine is…

How are you doing today? I hope that you are well! I have been very busy trying to sort out our new apartment (you can see photos of it here) — unpacking, sorting, deciding what I should keep and what I should pass on to a new home, etc. Plus I’m still working on Decorate (which will be published first in England in March and then in May in the US and THEN in Germany next Autumn!), planning my kitchen (the new Smeg (thank you dear Yvonne for the suggestion!) arrived today – I love it and can’t wait to bake the first cupcakes in there) and I decided to make some presents for my students that I’ll bring to Morocco next week on my teaching adventure there —  so I’ve been doing a lot of crafty stuff which energizes me so much and makes me very happy! Once I’m back from Morocco, I’ll share some photos of the gifts that I made for them so that you can see — but not yet, as they read my blog and I can’t blow the little surprise with a sneak peek (sorry).

I’m also working on my class materials and handouts for my lovely class there, too. I can’t wait to meet the lovely ladies who will be joining me — I feel so blessed right now. To top it all off, this morning I was able to attend a photoshoot at the home of my new neighbor who lives upstairs from us — a German stylist and photographer from Hamburg were styling and shooting and I was able to watch them in action which was a lot of fun.

So! Those are my updates for the week so far. How are you doing?

(images: amanda mclaughlin)

You Might Also Like

30 Comments

• Reply Design Elements October 6, 2010 at 4:14 pm

gorgeous pics! Love them :)

• Reply Tina October 6, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Congrats on the new home – moving out is not as fun as moving in (since moving out equals cleaning the place…)! :-)

Made a pouf a couple of days ago and feel very pleased with that, but these last days have been to busy to do anything creative… I hope to start renovating my oldest son´s room this weekend though…

Wonderful photos! :-)

• Reply carolyn October 6, 2010 at 4:55 pm

these are absolutely gorgeous photos. i am so coveting dark/black walls right now, i can’t get enough. thanks for sharing :)

• Reply juliette October 6, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I’ve been swamped with work lately which has been actually good, but has also made me blog even more (guess I’m fighting for balance!). I’ve decided to expand my freelance work and it’s going amazingly well, so yay! I feel really charged up with my life and that’s so great – but busy!

btw- I think it’s great that your book will be released in Germany! I’m totally going to keep an eye out for it next fall!

• Reply gina October 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Fantastic! like a bright white clean canvas, which just may be the best way to decorate your home, start fresh. Congratulations on your new space, I hope you find much happiness there :)

• Reply kendal croix October 6, 2010 at 7:01 pm

wonderful wonderful things.

• Reply Lauren October 6, 2010 at 7:18 pm

What gorgeous photographs!

Thanks for the inspiration and can’t wait for your book in May!

• Reply La Belle Vie October 6, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Beautiful!!!!

• Reply Becky D @ KingsDownRoad October 6, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Love those pictures – thanks for sharing!

• Reply Lulu24 October 6, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Congrats on the move Holly! I can’t wait to see what you do with the space, and the new oven… I moved house in July so I’m looking forward to some inspiration! ;o)

• Reply STYLIZIMO October 6, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Thank you for the tips, Holly! I really need to check more of her work because it’s truly lovely.

I saw your new home over at Haus Maus, and it looks amazing. I can’t wait to see it after you’ve decorated it.
    I love to move and to decorate a new home, so I know how much FUN you are having right now, even though it’s a bit stressful :) Enjoy!

– Nina

• Reply Rosa Navas October 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Really nice pictures, they will give us a lot of ideas. Thank you :)

• Reply Will October 6, 2010 at 11:55 pm

So glad you are settling in well, Holly, even if you are in fabric cutting hell! ;)

P.S. Beautiful photography, indeed.

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor October 7, 2010 at 12:21 am

She’s very talented! Lovely images

• Reply Hej Melissa October 7, 2010 at 2:41 am

Holly, are you a wee obsessed with my country? ;)
    I think you need to take a trip to Australia one day!
    I can’t wait to see your Smeg oven – are you getting a matching fridge?
    x

• Reply decor8 October 7, 2010 at 10:03 am

@Hej Melissa – Yes totally!!!!

• Reply Jen smith October 7, 2010 at 3:06 am

those pics are great!!! I can’t wait to hear all about your Moroccan adventure!

jen

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente October 7, 2010 at 3:57 am

Ah…I am living vicariously through you today darlin. It all sounds so beautiful & lovely. Have I said how beyond excited I am for your book? May?! I can NOT wait. *sigh* I know it is going to be fantastic. Have a wonderful rest of your week & a great weekend.
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Heather Bourgeois October 7, 2010 at 4:41 am

Saw the pics over on Haus Maus- looks great!

• Reply annamaria October 7, 2010 at 6:35 am

Fabulous photos!

• Reply Jess (Where My Heart Is) October 7, 2010 at 8:06 am

I am always wanting to see super inspiring visuals – thanks.

I had enrolled to do the course with you in Morocco but the dates didn’t work out. I am so disappointed as it would have been so much fun and now I find out you were bring presents :) I was also looking forward to staying in the Peacock Pavilions! I hope you do another one next year.

• Reply Leanne Ambrogio October 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Lovely pictures Holly – we have some great Aussie photographers and stylists over here and it is great that they have international recognition! Love the pics of your new home – so exciting to be in a new space that you love – can’t wait to see it evolve. Leanne x

• Reply tricotaria October 7, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Amazing post, as always!

• Reply Stacey October 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Wow! Such beautiful photography! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply deneise bucko October 8, 2010 at 1:27 am

Holli great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Also, thank you for being such an inspiration to us all you’re truly a gifted and amazing women!

• Reply Diane October 8, 2010 at 6:35 am

Wonderful photos.. inspiring, indeed. I love those early days of being in a new home. We’ve been in our new home for just over a yr. and still trying to decided exactly what we’re going to do for each room. We wanted to let the “house” settle and for us to be in here for a while to get a better feel of how we want to decorate and style our new home. Thanks for sharing. Lots of inspiration! x

• Reply Erin October 8, 2010 at 6:58 am

how do you create your lovely mood boards. i just love them, but have no idea how people put them together?!

• Reply janis - pinecone camp October 8, 2010 at 7:26 am

Your new home looks perfectly perfect! I love it.
    I also love Amanda’s work – fantastic photographer!
    Lucky you, popping in for a photo shoot! If you’re ever in Vancouver, I’ll take you on one of mine!

• Reply Tiffanys Small World October 8, 2010 at 12:26 pm

awesome photos!thanks for sharing.

• Reply jenn October 11, 2010 at 3:20 am

I love the “wooden wall”, where all the wooden gadgets are hanging. So awesome!