Books + Magazines

Adore Home Online Mag

October 8, 2010

Yes, there is yet another e-magazine to drool over, this time it is published by an Australian designer and it is called Adore. Their first issue just launched (don’t let the Spring bit on the cover throw you off, for in Australia it is Spring) and it is a home and lifestyle magazine founded and created by interior designer Loni Parker. Would you like a peek?

Adore Home Online Mag

Adore Home Online Mag

“Adore Home’s mission is to bring you beautiful homes from across the globe, tips and design advice from interior experts, as well as easy online access to the latest home treasures. Our magazine makes design resources and products just a click away.”

Adore Home Online Mag

Adore Home Online Mag

Adore Home Online Mag

Adore Home Online Mag

Adore Home Online Mag

Adore Home Online Mag

I enjoyed seeing the home of fellow design blogger, Caitlin Wilson, who lives in Dubai and works there as an interior designer. Her home is so alive with personality and style and her baby is adorable. I love seeing some lifestyle shots in books and magazines along with the interior photos, don’t you? It makes it all so real to me…

(images: adore magazine)

You Might Also Like

42 Comments

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) October 8, 2010 at 6:30 pm

looks like a great magazine!

• Reply Design Elements October 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm

lovely…especially the work space! have a great weekend!

• Reply soraya nulliah October 8, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I love looking at these pics-all the colors are happy yet not too overpowering. I can certainly incorporate some of these ideas into my home. Looks like a great mag!

• Reply Nuit October 8, 2010 at 9:25 pm

oh Caitlin Wilson is FABULOUS!!! and her baby daugher so precious. Real great style. I was so happy to see her house featured in the Mag. xxo

• Reply Rugs October 8, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Oooh I love Adore already! It looks like they have the perfect combination of modernity and femininity with a hint of eclecticism. I can’t wait to read their first issue!

• Reply fat mum slim October 8, 2010 at 10:24 pm

What a stunning home. I could easily live in a home like this. One day, maybe. x

• Reply Anna Caroline {Design Studio 210} October 8, 2010 at 11:01 pm

So many online magazines are starting out now, it’s interesting to see and follow. I’m curios to see what will come next; something different, with more of a niche. They all seem to look monotonous to me.

I’m not denying that they are filled with stunning photos :D Great inspiration source. I’ll have a look through this one, when my internet decides to speed up :p

• Reply Stacey October 8, 2010 at 11:31 pm

LOVE! It seems like there are e-magazines popping up everywhere these days! And while I’m old-fashioned and still prefer to hold a magazine in my hands, I do enjoy having all these wonderful new resources for home design available for free at the click of a button!

Plus, it makes me happy that this one is from Australia :) Gotta love the land down under.

• Reply cathie October 9, 2010 at 12:01 am

What a beautiful, colorful home to feature for the kick off of Adore Home – and how perfect that it features a design blogger! I love Caitlin’s use of pink as a motif throughout her house, and I LOVE the rug in her office – and that orange bike is delightful!!!

• Reply OrangeFarmhouse - Maike October 9, 2010 at 12:09 am

love the green Algue walldecor from Vitra!

• Reply My Owl Barn October 9, 2010 at 12:09 am

This definitely looks like a great magazine with lots of ideas and inspiration. I’ll go through it’s every page this weekend!

• Reply Vanessa October 9, 2010 at 1:13 am

Oh yay! It looks great. So glad to know about another fun place to look for inspiration!

• Reply dana | yellowtrace blog October 9, 2010 at 2:09 am

Yay – I spy my little office amongst these shots (with Vitra Algue on the wall). Hooray!

• Reply janis - pine cone camp October 9, 2010 at 2:43 am

Australians really do it up right. I’ll be adding this to my reading list, for sure.
    have a great weekend.

• Reply Lizzie [Ten Thou Bride] October 9, 2010 at 3:46 am

Beautiful! Can’t wait to check it out!

• Reply Elaine October 9, 2010 at 6:27 am

More great photos! I had my doubts about online magazines, but there are so many good ones coming out that the pros are starting to outweigh the cons. It looks like a great magazine.

• Reply annamaria October 9, 2010 at 7:52 am

Gorgeous inspiration in the magazine. My home is definitely in the ‘before’ stage … and I am always on the look out for ways to get to the ‘after’stage…!Thanks for sharing this-

• Reply Leanne Ambrogio October 9, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Great new online mag isn’t it! I discovered it just the other day as well! So much inspiration. Leanne x

• Reply vicki October 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Thanks for always linking to great design and resources. I appreciate getting all my design links “curated” by someone like you who has great taste!

• Reply lottie frank October 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm

wow! i need to live here… definately my dream space and done to my taste off to check out her blog right now! thanks for sharing

• Reply Heather Bourgeois October 9, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I love all the white contrasting with the gray, especially in the first few pictures. And the pops of pink flowers? gorgeous!

• Reply Manette October 9, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I just read it from cover to cover, love it! Thanks for sharing. My Saturday mornings – start off catching up with your blog decor 8, following a busy week and then who knows where all the links will lead me. It’s become a favorite ritual for me and helps my mind wonder and dream. Thanks

• Reply Intres October 9, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Very interesting!, I like the style

• Reply Caro October 9, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Hi Holly!
    Ich love the picture-wall on the second foto! So nice! Best from germany, Caro

• Reply chetu jadhav October 9, 2010 at 9:24 pm

what beautiful home i like very much,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Reply Krista October 10, 2010 at 2:27 am

It’s so nice to have a wide variety of online decorating mags. I still miss Domino, but some of these new online titles are filling some of that void for me. Thanks for introducing us!

• Reply Nell October 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I love every one of these images…such a gorgeous house! I’m checking out this magazine, most definitely! x

• Reply tricotaria October 10, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I’ve just had a look on this beautifil magazine! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor October 10, 2010 at 7:07 pm

I just love how they use pink in every space. It’s a nice touch!! Beautiful images.

• Reply christine October 10, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I love all of the hits of pink!! I especially adore the rug and yellow fireplace in the 5th picture and the Thornton apartment has always been one of my favourites- LOVE the Josef Frank curtains!!!
    I will look forward to looking through ADORE:) Thanks for sharing.

• Reply thedoodlegirl October 11, 2010 at 7:09 am

Ohhh, such fun colors and settings!!

• Reply Geraldine October 11, 2010 at 9:37 am

I love the picture.. they look great and alive..

• Reply Erica Cooper October 12, 2010 at 4:25 am

Love it…Love it! Loads of inspiration! I will have to add this magazine to my subscription list.
    I love the 3rd to the last photo- especially the fabrics and the chairs. I also have a chair that is being recovered that looks like a twin to those. Love seeing how it is going to turn out.
    Thanks for the sneek peek!

• Reply Diana L October 12, 2010 at 5:14 am

Yes I could live in those rooms. I love red in a room. In fact I must love it since its in my living room and family room. And spots of red in my kitchen are the best with stainless steel appliances. I would go crazy in a white room. Color makes me smile.

• Reply Sandy October 12, 2010 at 3:18 pm

You find the best online home magazines! Thanks a lot, I’m an expat as well so it’s nice to have these links, great visuals and nice articles.

• Reply carolyn October 12, 2010 at 11:05 pm

wow, what a great find! i oooh’ed and aaahhh’ed over every single picture. can’t wait to take a closer look.

• Reply Gina Torkos October 15, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I love your magazine! I curled up on my couch and got lost in the gorgeous pictures, colors, patterns, textures…pure eye candy! I will be a regular visitor.

• Reply Louise (Table Tonic) October 22, 2010 at 1:20 pm

It really was so well done – I felt incredibly proud for the fact that it was Australian, and to see it getting so much (well deserved) press is thrilling! To have my home featured in it? Icing on the cake!
    Keep up the amazing work, Holly!
    xLouise

• Reply Joanna November 15, 2010 at 3:47 am

Thanks for intro on Adore magazine. I’m just a new follower to these on-line magazines, but the pics were just gorgeous and inspirational. Looks very professional. I’m an Aussie but love these homes overseas. Can’t wait for more from Adore:) Thanks Holly, your the best…

• Reply Custom Seasmstress, alterations May 24, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I love the antique furniture mixed with the modern pillows!

• Reply Hanny August 18, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Does anyone know where I could get that colorful rug that is in the home office picture?

• Reply Clemence February 24, 2014 at 8:53 am

I would love to know too! :)