Leaving For Morocco!

The time has arrived, I will be teaching for the next week in Marrakesh at the Peacock Pavillions thanks to the lovely Angela at Ace Camps and our hostess with the mostess Maryam from My Marrakesh. I am excited to meet my students and share a week of inspiration, shopping, eating, henna painting, a spa retreat, mani-pedis, story telling, an outdoor movie on the lawn, rooftop dinners and general fun girly stuff with them. I have a small surprise for them – a handmade gift that I created and I can’t wait to share because it meant a lot to me to be able to do something personal for each of my students to make them feel welcome and cared for. I hope that they will like my little gift — and I’ll show you later what I ended up creating but until then it has to be a surprise. :)

Join me in Morocco!

So! I will be offline for a few days but next week I’ll be blogging from Marrakesh so you can expect to hear from me throughout the week. I can’t wait to share our journey with you (well, not the personal bits but the souks, foods and my experiences in Morocco).

See you next week!

xo,

Holly

Posted by decor8 in travel on October 14, 2010

1. perfect bound commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 12:38am

I would love to be headed to Morocco right now. Safe travels! What a fun experience for you and for your lucky students.

2. se7en commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 12:46am

Oh Safe Travels!!! I can’t wait to see what inspiration you find over there!!!
    se7en´s last blog post ..Saturday Spot- The Mailbox and Letter Writing with Kids…

3. karina commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 12:50am

Have a great travel!!!
    karina´s last blog post ..Everyday life

4. Naomi commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 12:51am

Make sure to drink plenty of moroccan mint tea – it’s delicious! Enjoy, xx

5. melissa commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 1:06am

Have tons of fun! this is my DREAM!
    eat some amazing food, drink some yummy mint tea, shop for incredible handmade finds (i LOVE tiles), enjoy the architecture…
    ooh, and a tip: if you get a chance, ask a local to share a story with you. storytelling is an ancient cultural tradition… they have thousands. Read the book “in arabian nights” by thair shah. just a thought :)

Enjoy your trip, and your first live class

6. judit commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 1:17am

i’m reading Tahir Shah’s The Caliph’s House now….. What a unique country!:) Good luck – I’m sure you will have fun!

7. Piper (DailyDivaDish) commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 1:32am

Can’t wait to see the gifts you created. Have an amazing trip!
    XO Piper
    Piper (DailyDivaDish)´s last blog post ..Autumn- 10 Things to do this Season

8. Sarah commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 3:01am

Have a wonderful trip Holly and I look forward to reading about the experience…I wish I could afford the trip but maybe next year or the year after…:0
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Retro modern

9. Diana commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 3:05am

SO exciting! Wish I could be there :-) Enjoy!
    Diana´s last blog post ..Stolen Moments

10. Spiral Style commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 3:08am

Have a great trip. Looking forward to photos from the trip. By the way, I’m starting to “reap the benefits” of the Blogging Your Way e course. More viewers and comments. Thanks so much!!!

11. Forgotten Fancies commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 4:23am

Wow, how exciting! I can’t wait to hear about all your adventures when you get back. Good luck with everything Holly!

12. shellie commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 7:23am

im so green with envy…have the most fun ever!
    shellie´s last blog post ..Things I Like To Do

13. alex sunday commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 8:24am

how wonderful! morocco is one of the most magic places i’ve visited. the food in the marrakesh markets is delicious. enjoy the aubergine!
    alex sunday´s last blog post ..Gumnut babies

14. noni commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 9:02am

I envy you and your students. grrr

15. juliette commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 9:12am

Have a blast!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Making this Home- Bicontinental Living &amp Creating

16. diana strinati baur commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 11:12am

Have fun you guys. I am a bit sad (sniff) that I could not join you for this. I love morocco and both you and M so I know I will be a big hit. Enjoy it and I will be looking forward to hearing all the details! :)
    diana strinati baur´s last blog post ..a month of alchemy- ceramics- guests- mosaics

17. Katy commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 11:55am

Have a wonderful time. So incredibly jealous. The warm weather (as we just had our first frost here in Lux,) the pampering, shopping. All good stuff. Take lots of pictures!
    Katy´s last blog post ..Little Difference 27

18. Carina commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 1:07pm

So exiting! Lucky you ;-)

Hope you will share some inspiration from Marrakesh with us!
    Carina´s last blog post ..Going Double

19. laura trevey commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 1:56pm

Oh Morocco! I am so jealous… have a wonderful time and a wonderful weekend!

xoxo Laura
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Unplugged- How long can you last without Electronics

20. Traveling Mama commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 1:57pm

treq slama! Bon voyage!

21. erika commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 2:12pm

Enjoy your trip Holly, I’m sure it will be great for both you and your students!! I can’t wait to see all the pictures and read your stories !
    erika´s last blog post ..Bonjour!

22. Heidi in Folk City commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Have a wonderful trip! I look forward to seeing your photos from Morocco!
    -Heidi
    folkcity.blogspot.com
    Heidi in Folk City´s last blog post ..Before &amp After and Creating White Space

23. Gina D commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 2:32pm

Holly, have a fabulous time in Morocco! Safe Travels! Morocco has always been a place that I would love to visit. I can’t wait to see the photos and stories that you post!

24. Helena [ROOM AND SERVE] commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 2:49pm

Please say hello from me to Maryam :)
    Helena [ROOM AND SERVE]´s last blog post ..Kakel i fokus hos Made a Mano

25. winter commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 2:53pm

Travel joyously and safely!

26. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 5:23pm

It sounds just heavenly hun! I sooo wish I could be there! Have a wonderful journey & beautiful time! Can’t wait to hear all about it!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Closer to home- obsession

27. Erica Cooper commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 5:37pm

Enjoy.. celebrate each new moment with the culture and each wonderful lady there. Blessings for safe travels too!
    Erica Cooper´s last blog post ..Get your Copy of Holiday with Matthew Mead!

28. Nuit commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 5:59pm

How exciting!!!! I can’t wait to hear all about it!!!!! and cant wait to see that gift ;)
    Nuit´s last blog post ..Touch of Genius- Brad Ford

29. Lisa commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 7:43pm

Hi Holly! Hope you and the students all have a terrific time! I wish I could join you all — but I’m listening to Marrakesh Express and pretending I’m there instead, hee hee :)

Hugs! :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..I got new glasses!

30. Anna Whitford commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 8:00pm

Ooh wow! I visited Marrakesh a few months ago and was one of the most inspirational cities i’ve ever visited. Just beautiful. Before my travels, i read up on the city via the fantastic ‘My Marrakesh’ blog. You will no doubt have such a fabulous time! Just wish i was there too…!

31. melissa commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 9:15pm

Have tons of fun! this is my DREAM!
    Enjoy your trip, and your first live class

32. Justina Blakeney commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 10:48pm

ug! SOOOO jealous!! have some mint tea for me…very excited for all of you! what an adventure….
    Justina Blakeney´s last blog post ..Quick Fix- Color coordinate your library

33. Natalie commented
    October 15th, 2010 at 11:31pm

Amazing! I’m off to Marrakech in 2 weeks to check out wedding venues as my fiance and I are hoping to get married there next year (we live in London, from NZ). Can’t wait to hear about your trip! I’m so excited to go back and visit again – absolutely love that city!
    Natalie´s last blog post ..Lovely- lovely people!

34. Jessie commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 12:54am

Holly, you will have such an amazing time. Angela is the best host!! I was *this* close to booking the trip and I’m sure when I see your photos, I’ll regret not being there with all of you. Have a lovely trip!
    Jessie´s last blog post ..Welcome- Sweater Weather!

35. Small Sweet Steps commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 2:53am

Have an amazing time!!!! I can’t wait to read all about it.
    Small Sweet Steps´s last blog post ..Floral Fusion by Stephanie Ryan for Lenox

36. soraya nulliah commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 3:06am

Holly-I can’t wait to read all about your Moroccan adventures…it’s a dream destination! There will be so much to see and do and lots of treasures to bring back home with you. Have a safe trip!
    soraya nulliah´s last blog post ..our storiesthey matter

37. frenchgardenhouse commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 3:41am

How exciting! I bet you are thrilled….so much fun. Love to hear later how it all went. Happy trip. xo lidy
    frenchgardenhouse´s last blog post ..Sue Murphy Designs

38. Taunnie commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 4:30am

Love that chair and bedspread. I am looking to add that little bit of the exotic to my home. Thanks for the inspiration! Have fun on your trip.
    Taunnie´s last blog post ..Barcelona Chair

39. Sarah @ Natural History commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 8:23am

It sounds completely wonderful and I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time! I can’t wait to see Peacock Pavilions, although it’s unlikely I’ll make it over before this baby is born, alas. Next summer, maybe!
    Sarah @ Natural History´s last blog post ..Natural History- The World of Interiors and more

40. Melissa- Miss Sew & So commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 10:13am

oh holly- i am soo excited for you…

and can’t wait to hear from you via your blog next week….

i have just booked a week in marrakech and then the atlas mountains for early december this year…so i am going to be watching your trip with such mounting excitement!

looking forward to seeing what you have made for your students…

have a wonderful time…

melissa x

41. Chuzai Living commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 12:50pm

Have a safe trip! I cannot wait to hear about Marrakesh from your perspective! Kaho
    Chuzai Living´s last blog post ..Friday Finds ☆ ART ERA gallery

42. Danielle commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 3:38pm

Enjoy…can’t wait to see what you find!

43. mosey commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 4:51pm

Wow, exciting! And… you sound like the most awesome teacher ever (making gifts for your students!!)
    mosey´s last blog post ..i think it’s official

44. Kelley commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 6:27pm

Have a great time, Holly! I can’t wait to read about your trip.
    Kelley´s last blog post ..Slob and Order

45. Fresh Design Blog commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 7:22pm

Hope it goes well! I’m sure you’ll find lots of inspiring interiors and ideas in Marrakech!
    Fresh Design Blog´s last blog post ..Pencil sharpener desk tidy from Graham and Green

46. Emily commented
    October 16th, 2010 at 10:37pm

Oooh- sounds so fun, Holly! Have fun:)
    Emily´s last blog post ..Autumn Inspiration

47. thedoodlegirl commented
    October 17th, 2010 at 4:48am

WOW!!! That is so exciting!! Can’t wait to see the gift you give your students. Have fun!!
    thedoodlegirl´s last blog post ..Tooth Fairy Visit

48. sya commented
    October 17th, 2010 at 1:32pm

oh, what a lovely news and great place to visit! do say hi to Morocco for me.. ;)
    sya´s last blog post ..a place of my dream

49. BODIE and FOU commented
    October 17th, 2010 at 7:21pm

I’m so envious…I so wish I was there with you and Maryam!! I’m sure you are going to have a wonderful time there and the Peacock Pavillions look amazing! Grosses bises

50. Melissa Allam commented
    October 17th, 2010 at 8:35pm

How exciting! What a wonderful time it sounds like it will be for you and your students. A time away to fill up the senses, to learn, to relax, to enjoy fellowship with others. Sending blessings for good times.

51. Anna commented
    October 17th, 2010 at 11:40pm

Ohh! So exciting! Can’t wait to hear all the details when you return! Happy Travels!
    From Bali With Love,
    Anna

Anna´s last blog post ..Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

52. phoenix commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 12:37am

So exciting! Looking forward to your posts from there as I’m heading over there myself next month!

53. Eva Ricci Fine Art Photography commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 1:49am

Holly what a wonderful experience this is….Have a great time. Can’t wait to get news from you.

hugs
    Eva Ricci Fine Art Photography´s last blog post ..JOY – Art Locket

54. Hilary commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 1:57am

Sounds like a dream of a week! Enjoy!
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Weekend Recap- LCD Soundsystem Concert Outfits

55. healthydoctor commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 6:39am

have fun! cant wait to see new pictures
    healthydoctor´s last blog post ..increasing blog traffic

56. frauheuberg commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 12:48pm

so holly, hope you have an incredible time there with all the ladies…and i´m looking forward to all the little stories and pictures you will show us the next time…;)…i´m sure it will be amazing…take care and enjoy all little moments there…cheers and hugs…i…
    frauheuberg´s last blog post ..I´m quick get away to Heart to Heartthe lovley column by Covet Chicago

57. Olivia commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 2:08pm

Have a great time in Morocco! take something warm as Autumn nights in Marrakesh can be very chilli!
    Can’t wait to read your Morocco inspired posts :)
    Olivia´s last blog post ..Nomada Market

58. Ann commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 3:31pm

How does one get an invitation to what sounds like a most amazing week? Is this something you will be doing more of?
    Ann´s last blog post ..Twelfth St by Cynthia Vincent Beaded Shift Dress is what I want to wear- TODAY!

59. Casa e Cose commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 3:36pm

Oh how exciting! I wish i could go…and its just around the corner for me! The food, the markets, the rooftops and the decoration…must be a little bit of heaven.
    Enjoy!
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..Tea towels from GOSSYPIUM

60. claire commented
    October 18th, 2010 at 5:12pm

Wow Marrakesh! Your event sounds so much fun and what lucky students you have! Have a fabulous time :)
    claire´s last blog post ..The Bag of Scrap Part Deux

61. Alicia Bock commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 12:15am

How exciting! I can’t wait to see the photographs from your journey. Have a wonderful adventure!

62. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 4:05am

I just love the image you’ve selected! Enjoy…
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..Savvy cottage

63. kathy T commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 4:56am

Have fun and be safe

64. Jeanette commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 9:18am

Dear Holly!
    Have a wonderful trip. Wish it was me :)
    …or wish I was one of the students!

Looking forward to read your posts from Marrakesh.
    Best wishes Jeanette
    Jeanette´s last blog post .. D I N N E R for T O D A Y

65. Veronica commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 3:57pm

Have a nice trip!! And upload many photos!!

66. Claudia commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 3:59pm

Have an amazing time, Holly…have a mani-pedi for me their way…wow I can only imagine! xocc
    Claudia´s last blog post ..Emma Cassi

67. vosgesparis commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 5:17pm

Ohh I envy you a bit.. I would love to go there and feel the atmosphere.. of this beautiful country!
    Looking forward seeing your pictures and reading your experiences!

Have fun! desiree

68. janis - pinecone camp commented
    October 19th, 2010 at 8:11pm

I loved the byw e-class, though I haven’t quite “finished” it all yet, but I’d love to attend your class in Marrakesh! Wow. Can’t wait to see your pics, and your handcrafted gift (what a sweet gesture). Have a great time!
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..Baked on Monday – Cheese and Garlic Pretzels

69. Monica commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 12:33am

sounds exciting! Have a wonderful adventure!
    Monica´s last blog post ..Haunted Playhouse!

70. Ada commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 2:49am

Hi Holly .. Morocco wow!!! Looking fwd to seeing pics and the lovely gift you created for your students.

71. Jess (Where My Heart Is) commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 6:58am

So jealous :)
    Jess (Where My Heart Is)´s last blog post ..My Sister’s Pink Door

72. Roboti commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 9:33am

I just came across your blog – so adorable Ihad to link it!

73. fiazoo commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 11:32am

Morocco is awesome, enjoy your trip and bon voyage!
    fiazoo´s last blog post ..Tävling!

74. Julie-Inspired commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 6:25pm

Have an amazing time…Morocco looks so magical!

Julie xo
    Julie-Inspired´s last blog post ..Autumn in a box

75. Notes from Holly St. commented
    October 20th, 2010 at 10:28pm

this sounds amazing! have a wonderful time and i can’t wait to hear all about it!

76. LiveLikeYou commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 3:58am

Have a great time in Morocco!! I’ve been dreaming about going back there for years. It’s magical.
    LiveLikeYou´s last blog post ..A fall inspired look

77. Rocio @ Casa Haus commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 6:49am

Can’t wait to hear back from you!!! Good luck on your trip… we’ll be expecting your news and pics! Enjoy!

78. verlichting commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 10:39am

that is a lovely room…looks very sweet..thanks for sharing this idea…

79. Pilar commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 1:50pm

We will miss you!!!!!!!!
    enjoy your trip!!!!!

80. juliette crane commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 5:42pm

a spa retreat + outdoor movies on the lawn! sounds like the perfect time! i can’t wait to hear more about it! so sweet of you to make your surprise gift! i cannot wait to see that too!

have a fabulous time!
    juliette

81. hazel commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 6:11pm

How wonderfull for you. Have a great time. WHAT an experience.

82. Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 8:59pm

Oh, how fabulous! Have a great time!

I can’t wait to hear more about the gift, and everything else.

83. ClaraAnne commented
    October 21st, 2010 at 10:48pm

Sounds like it will be a really great experience for everyone! You’ll be visiting the Marrakesh markets? Have fun and take lots of pictures!
    ClaraAnne´s last blog post ..Basking in a Blue period

84. Anna of green gable commented
    October 22nd, 2010 at 9:08am

Can’t wait to hear about your trip!
    Anna of green gable´s last blog post ..valley vintage

85. Sofie from Envelop.eu commented
    October 22nd, 2010 at 12:14pm

Enjoy the taste, colors and scent in this amazing country! Looking forward to read your stories…

86. ana commented
    October 22nd, 2010 at 3:02pm

I’m sure you’ll love Morocco. It’s also a great place for shopping & baigain :)

Wish you a nice stay
    ana´s last blog post ..SALE PURPLE SHADES Stripped T-shirt textile Scarf Necklace – Handmade

87. Irene commented
    October 23rd, 2010 at 9:11am

Wishing you joy and inspiration in your trip.

88. BagOfTags commented
    October 24th, 2010 at 7:17am

Have a wonderful trip!! What a fantastic experience!

89. Caro commented
    October 24th, 2010 at 8:25pm

have a great travel! I can’t wait to read about you trip!
    Best C*
    Caro´s last blog post ..Ja- ist denn schon Weihnachten

90. Dianna@decormadesimple.com commented
    October 25th, 2010 at 5:06am

Sound like a great adventure.

91. Eva Ricci commented
    October 25th, 2010 at 1:44pm

Welcome Back Holly.
    Thank you so much for the ad placement…it was so quick.
    hugs
    Eva Ricci´s last blog post ..Pretty in Pink

92. Ania commented
    October 25th, 2010 at 2:15pm

I’m sooo jealous….:) Have a great trip!
    Ania´s last blog post ..Happy Monday!