2011 Calendar Round-Up: Part 1

It’s that time of year, and to keep tradition around here I’m rounding up the best of the best calendars for the coming year (and some Advent Calendars for this year) just as I have now since 2006. When I started this column, no one was rounding up calendars but I had this wonky idea to do it and hey, it caught on! Why do I do this year after year? I want these amazing artists to have their work promoted and their calendars purchased so I figure a great big ‘ole round-up is the best way to do it.  If you have a blog and want to round-up some calendars of your own, by all means go for it! Share — this is a community built on sharing (blogging is all about each of us taking part in a global, online conversation) so link to this post, write your own calendar round-up, spread the love people and let’s help these artists sell their calendars for the coming year!

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Maria Helena calendar, love!

Here how it will work… Today and tomorrow I’m going to post several calendar posts because I’m trying to include as many as I can — there is no favorite, no best calendar, and certainly no order to these posts — I’m simply going to show you all of the calendars that I can possibly squeeze in and then it’s up to you to decide on those that you’ll display with pride in your home. I cannot include ALL of the submissions in my inbox (I received hundreds!) but I’ll do the best that I can to include as many as possible to appeal to all tastes and budgets.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Uusi Advent Calendar, Calendar Plate by Le Papier Studio (limited copies).

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Field Study and Modern Whimsy calendars from Emmylu. Pistachio Press letterpress Fabulous calendar.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Custom calendars from Stephanie Levy and illustrated calendar by Flora Douville.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Ink + Wit Totem Animals At Play and Cats Let Nothing Darken Their Roar Calendar.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Three By Sea tea towel calendars and Jane Davenport’s Sea Party.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

DIY paper calendar by Smil and Paintings by Cathy Nichols.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Fresh Flowers + Creatures of the Deep calendars by Gallardo Works and desktop calendar by Grace Hester Designs.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Miss Moose, Right Brained Gal Designs and printable calendars by Mufn Inc.

2011 Calendar Round-Up

Good Old Dog Days Calendar by Donna Geissler, Rincon Road, Tanya Gilmartin and Eigenwerk.

Calendars make lovely gifts and there is really no limit — you don’t need only one in the home, you can add one in the rooms that you find yourself needing them the most. I like to put one in the kitchen, my office and in the hallway. Where do you display your calendar/s?

MORE TO COME! This is just the first batch…

(images: linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in round-up, uncategorized on October 28, 2010

1. kt commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 12:29pm

Wow blow away by all these amazing choices!
    kt´s last blog post ..final update

2. Andreia commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 12:50pm

wow! this is a great set! The Totem Animals at Play and the tea towel calendars are among my favourites!

3. Mel - The Crafty DiY Bride commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 12:57pm

Love the tea towels! I just bought a gorgeous photography calendar by Susannah Tucker – http://www.etsy.com/listing/59335257/polaroid-daydreams-2011-5×7-calendar

It’s so dreamy!
    Mel – The Crafty DiY Bride´s last blog post ..Inspiration Nude and White Lace

4. Isa Maria commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 1:06pm

Wow so many talented people out there! These are all gorgeous. How will I choose?
    Isa Maria´s last blog post ..Noisette Illustration Etsy Shop

5. Serge Belmans from Envelop.eu commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 2:13pm

The calendar by Maria Helena is totally adorable, and of course I digg Flora’s version too. She’s so talented, just got to love her sober but dedicated approach, isn’t it? Her textiles collection carries that elegant signature as well: http://www.envelop.eu/shop/flora-douville

6. se7en commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 2:50pm

Simply Amazing!!!
    se7en´s last blog post ..Se7en Make Easy Peasy Scones

7. Grace Hester Designs commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 3:13pm

Thanks for including my eco-friendly upcycle-able desktop calendar! (Paper made with wind energy, cut calendar in half to create tags, and 4 X 6 case can be used to hold standard-sized photos after the year)

There are some seriously beautiful choices in this and the other two roundups so far!

The calendar plate is so unique and the first poster by Maria Helena is very beautiful and well-presented.
    Grace Hester Designs´s last blog post ..Modern and Fun Holiday Cards from Shutterfly

8. Lis commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 3:20pm

Hey, thanks so much for featuring mine! that made my day! :)
    Lis´s last blog post ..Train 1395

9. sonya mccllough commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 4:19pm

Wow, there are so many calendar reasons to look forward to the New Year, not to mention the many days left in the old year … and of course … there is today, Thanks Holly!
    sonya mccllough´s last blog post ..I AM one

10. linda commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 4:42pm

Thanks for doing the roundup…it’s so nice to see the variety and options out there. The creatures of deep one is especially eye catching and classy!

11. Tanya commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 4:47pm

Hi Holly- Thanks so much for including my calendar! It is such an honor to be on the Decor8 blog, and to be in such good company-so many beautiful calendars out there! Yay!
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Yay I’m a Daily Pick at Papernstitch

12. sunny commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 5:01pm

GREAT selection! I just purchased the Gallardo flower calendar for a friend. I’ve never purchased a Christmas gift in October before! I feel very chic and ahead of schedule! :)
    sunny´s last blog post ..cecilie’s copenhagen townhouse

13. Quatre commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 6:45pm

The last one is truly fantastic.. makes you reminisce about simpler days.

14. Monica Lee commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 6:58pm

wow! A LOT of calendars…guess there is no excuse for forgetting what day it is!

15. Maria Helena commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 7:16pm

Hey Holly !! Very proud to be featured here, truly happy :)
    Congratulations to everyone, awesome works! <3

16. Jane Davenport commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 10:10pm

What a total thrillarama to be included here Holly! Thank you!

( More of my calendars featuring my photographic artwork are here : http://tinyurl.com/26s58um )

17. Melinda Trembly commented
    October 28th, 2010 at 11:59pm

So over the top excited to be featured with such amazing talent! Thank you Holly!

18. pam commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:49am

thank you holly for including pixelimpress’ 2011 calendar! and i’m stunned by all the gorgeous calendars out there… i think i need one for every room in the house! pam
    pam´s last blog post ..im impressed

19. Cathy Nichols commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 4:21am

Oh, Holly! Thank you so much for featuring my calendar among such utter BEAUTIES!! Gorgeous calendar collection(s) and layout. I am amazed at the creativity displayed here.

20. stephanie commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 8:01am

yay! loving these and thank you so much Holly for including mine! You are a sweetie as always :)
    stephanie´s last blog post ..Create your own custom 2011 calendar – or take your pick of these!

21. Christophe commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 12:38pm

Really great idea! So nice, I love the calendar from Cathy Nichols, the images (paintings) in the calendar are beautiful!!

22. cathie commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 1:13pm

From here, the year ahead looks absolutely lovely. These calendars make me want to jump into the New Year!
    cathie´s last blog post ..Elegance in Dance My Secret Desire

23. Rachael, Pistachio Press commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 5:18pm

Thanks for featuring our collaborative Fabulous calendar :) This is a great round up and so many to choose from. I have a calendar wall in my office with at least 12 different calendars and every month I get to flip to a whole new wall of art. Some of these will definitely be on there!

24. Maureen commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 7:30pm

Love these calendar options and esepcially love the Rincon Road calendar!

25. Genelle commented
    October 29th, 2010 at 11:06pm

Wow, so many great calendars! I love the accordian one! Donna Geissler’s would be great too. I have one of her large photos, “Leo Swims”, on my bathroom wall and I love it! I’m hoping to find a calendar with a pocket to hold birthday cards and such. Thanks for showing us an incredible collection!
    Genelle´s last blog post ..Champagne Love- Card

26. Kitty commented
    October 30th, 2010 at 3:31am

Loving Mufn Inc’s calendar, pretty prints!

27. Wiebke commented
    October 30th, 2010 at 4:49pm

Dear Holly,

thank you so much for featuring our calendar! I feel very honored, that you chose it for your round-up.
    It’s an indescribable feeling to be part of the blog that I read every day. I still remember how amazed I stared at the last year’s calender round-up!

Thank you!
    Love, Hugs & Kisses
    Wiebke
    Wiebke´s last blog post ..Bastelidee &amp Geschenktipp- Das Spiel für Foto-Abenteurer

28. Nadja commented
    November 1st, 2010 at 2:07pm

Dear Holly, thank you so much for including my paper craft calendar here!!! I feel honoured :-)
    Nadja´s last blog post ..diy paper craft calendar 2011 is here – der Bastelkalender für 2011 ist da!!

29. hena tayeb commented
    November 1st, 2010 at 8:57pm

a great seletion.. i am so inspired
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Its been 122 days and counting

30. Piu commented
    November 6th, 2010 at 4:39am

Love your calendar roundup.
    I bought Maria helena´s calendar and it just arrived :) sweet.