Round-ups, uncategorized

2011 Calendar Round-Up: Part 1

October 28, 2010

It’s that time of year, and to keep tradition around here I’m rounding up the best of the best calendars for the coming year (and some Advent Calendars for this year) just as I have now since 2006. When I started this column, no one was rounding up calendars but I had this wonky idea to do it and hey, it caught on! Why do I do this year after year? I want these amazing artists to have their work promoted and their calendars purchased so I figure a great big ‘ole round-up is the best way to do it.  If you have a blog and want to round-up some calendars of your own, by all means go for it! Share — this is a community built on sharing (blogging is all about each of us taking part in a global, online conversation) so link to this post, write your own calendar round-up, spread the love people and let’s help these artists sell their calendars for the coming year!

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Maria Helena calendar, love!

Here how it will work… Today and tomorrow I’m going to post several calendar posts because I’m trying to include as many as I can — there is no favorite, no best calendar, and certainly no order to these posts — I’m simply going to show you all of the calendars that I can possibly squeeze in and then it’s up to you to decide on those that you’ll display with pride in your home. I cannot include ALL of the submissions in my inbox (I received hundreds!) but I’ll do the best that I can to include as many as possible to appeal to all tastes and budgets.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Uusi Advent Calendar, Calendar Plate by Le Papier Studio (limited copies).

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Field Study and Modern Whimsy calendars from Emmylu. Pistachio Press letterpress Fabulous calendar.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Custom calendars from Stephanie Levy and illustrated calendar by Flora Douville.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Ink + Wit Totem Animals At Play and Cats Let Nothing Darken Their Roar Calendar.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Three By Sea tea towel calendars and Jane Davenport’s Sea Party.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

DIY paper calendar by Smil and Paintings by Cathy Nichols.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Fresh Flowers + Creatures of the Deep calendars by Gallardo Works and desktop calendar by Grace Hester Designs.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Miss Moose, Right Brained Gal Designs and printable calendars by Mufn Inc.

2011 Calendar Round Up: Part 1

Good Old Dog Days Calendar by Donna Geissler, Rincon Road, Tanya Gilmartin and Eigenwerk.

Calendars make lovely gifts and there is really no limit — you don’t need only one in the home, you can add one in the rooms that you find yourself needing them the most. I like to put one in the kitchen, my office and in the hallway. Where do you display your calendar/s?

MORE TO COME! This is just the first batch…

(images: linked to their sources above)

You Might Also Like

• Reply kt October 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Wow blow away by all these amazing choices!

• Reply Andreia October 28, 2010 at 12:50 pm

wow! this is a great set! The Totem Animals at Play and the tea towel calendars are among my favourites!

• Reply Mel - The Crafty DiY Bride October 28, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Love the tea towels! I just bought a gorgeous photography calendar by Susannah Tucker –×7-calendar

It’s so dreamy!

• Reply Isa Maria October 28, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Wow so many talented people out there! These are all gorgeous. How will I choose?

• Reply Serge Belmans from October 28, 2010 at 2:13 pm

The calendar by Maria Helena is totally adorable, and of course I digg Flora’s version too. She’s so talented, just got to love her sober but dedicated approach, isn’t it? Her textiles collection carries that elegant signature as well:

• Reply se7en October 28, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Simply Amazing!!!

• Reply Grace Hester Designs October 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Thanks for including my eco-friendly upcycle-able desktop calendar! (Paper made with wind energy, cut calendar in half to create tags, and 4 X 6 case can be used to hold standard-sized photos after the year)

There are some seriously beautiful choices in this and the other two roundups so far!

The calendar plate is so unique and the first poster by Maria Helena is very beautiful and well-presented.

• Reply Lis October 28, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Hey, thanks so much for featuring mine! that made my day! :)

• Reply sonya mccllough October 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Wow, there are so many calendar reasons to look forward to the New Year, not to mention the many days left in the old year … and of course … there is today, Thanks Holly!

• Reply linda October 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Thanks for doing the roundup…it’s so nice to see the variety and options out there. The creatures of deep one is especially eye catching and classy!

• Reply Tanya October 28, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Hi Holly- Thanks so much for including my calendar! It is such an honor to be on the Decor8 blog, and to be in such good company-so many beautiful calendars out there! Yay!

• Reply sunny October 28, 2010 at 5:01 pm

GREAT selection! I just purchased the Gallardo flower calendar for a friend. I’ve never purchased a Christmas gift in October before! I feel very chic and ahead of schedule! :)

• Reply Quatre October 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm

The last one is truly fantastic.. makes you reminisce about simpler days.

• Reply Monica Lee October 28, 2010 at 6:58 pm

wow! A LOT of calendars…guess there is no excuse for forgetting what day it is!

• Reply Maria Helena October 28, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Hey Holly !! Very proud to be featured here, truly happy :)
    Congratulations to everyone, awesome works! <3

• Reply Jane Davenport October 28, 2010 at 10:10 pm

What a total thrillarama to be included here Holly! Thank you!

( More of my calendars featuring my photographic artwork are here : )

• Reply Melinda Trembly October 28, 2010 at 11:59 pm

So over the top excited to be featured with such amazing talent! Thank you Holly!

• Reply pam October 29, 2010 at 12:49 am

thank you holly for including pixelimpress’ 2011 calendar! and i’m stunned by all the gorgeous calendars out there… i think i need one for every room in the house! pam

• Reply Cathy Nichols October 29, 2010 at 4:21 am

Oh, Holly! Thank you so much for featuring my calendar among such utter BEAUTIES!! Gorgeous calendar collection(s) and layout. I am amazed at the creativity displayed here.

• Reply stephanie October 29, 2010 at 8:01 am

yay! loving these and thank you so much Holly for including mine! You are a sweetie as always :)

• Reply Christophe October 29, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Really great idea! So nice, I love the calendar from Cathy Nichols, the images (paintings) in the calendar are beautiful!!

• Reply cathie October 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

From here, the year ahead looks absolutely lovely. These calendars make me want to jump into the New Year!

• Reply Rachael, Pistachio Press October 29, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Thanks for featuring our collaborative Fabulous calendar :) This is a great round up and so many to choose from. I have a calendar wall in my office with at least 12 different calendars and every month I get to flip to a whole new wall of art. Some of these will definitely be on there!

• Reply Maureen October 29, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Love these calendar options and esepcially love the Rincon Road calendar!

• Reply Genelle October 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Wow, so many great calendars! I love the accordian one! Donna Geissler’s would be great too. I have one of her large photos, “Leo Swims”, on my bathroom wall and I love it! I’m hoping to find a calendar with a pocket to hold birthday cards and such. Thanks for showing us an incredible collection!

• Reply Kitty October 30, 2010 at 3:31 am

Loving Mufn Inc’s calendar, pretty prints!

• Reply Wiebke October 30, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Dear Holly,

thank you so much for featuring our calendar! I feel very honored, that you chose it for your round-up.
    It’s an indescribable feeling to be part of the blog that I read every day. I still remember how amazed I stared at the last year’s calender round-up!

Thank you!
    Love, Hugs & Kisses

• Reply Nadja November 1, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Dear Holly, thank you so much for including my paper craft calendar here!!! I feel honoured :-)

• Reply hena tayeb November 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm

a great seletion.. i am so inspired

• Reply Piu November 6, 2010 at 4:39 am

Love your calendar roundup.
    I bought Maria helena´s calendar and it just arrived :) sweet.