Nicola Cerini Australia

Australian textiles designer, Nicola Cerini, contacted me this morning to share her line of products and textiles and so I thought I’d share the link to her site and a quick peek of her gorgeous fabrics (and rugs). I put her fabrics together in an inspiring mosaic below, can’t you see how well so many of these prints and patterns could live together in a single room? I spot a few that would look great together, especially the pinks and blacks on a patio or guest bedroom. I also think the folk print with the orange and pink would be fantastic in a mid century style living room or even a kid’s room. Lovely!

Nicola Cerini Fabrics

Nicola Cerini Fabrics

Nicola Cerini Australia was established 15 years ago by textile designer Nicola Cerini. She is dedicated to Australian design and textiles and built her brand using high quality eco-friendly materials that reflect her natural surroundings — Australia’s flora and wildlife. She produces a range of rugs, fashion, handbags, accessories and designer homewares but also many prints are also available to purchase by the meter for a home decorating project so email them if you see anything above that you like!

P.S. I am obsessed with floor rugs lately! What are you obsessed with?

(images: nicola cerini)

Posted by decor8 in flooring, textiles on November 11, 2010

1. Christina commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 10:59am

Have you seen Nicola’s bags? She covers those lovely fabrics in a plasticky material, and then you can carry them around with you wherever you go. She has a lovely line of mugs, too.

2. christine commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 11:24am

Absolutely stunning- thanks for the introduction! I am a farbic nut so always like discovering new prints etc. I’m currently obsessing over wallpaper and fabric- can’t get enough!

3. Bieb commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 12:39pm

Wow, these rugs are so beautiful, especially the black and white one.. I think my all over autumn covered dog will ike that one as well… ; )
    I just can ‘t seem to get over my (eco) stationary crush….Have to do a lot of writing (in the pace I am ordering…). Thanx for sharing!
    Bieb´s last blog post ..Jack &amp Ella Paper

4. Sarah commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 1:15pm

Beautiful textiles…I am obsessed with orange and turquoise…:))
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Rockin red and Katie Ridder

5. My Owl Barn commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 1:35pm

These are all beautiful designs and colors. I’ll check out their site for more fabric prints.
    My Owl Barn´s last blog post ..Owl Mittens

6. Ampersand Design commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 2:29pm

I love Nicola Cerini’s designs.

Would die to have one of her rugs in my home.

Sandy K

7. Ampersand Design commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 2:29pm

I love Nicola Cerini’s designs.

Would die to have one of her rugs in my home.

Sandy K
    Ampersand Design´s last blog post ..Magazine Sneaky Peek – Real Living Dec 2010 Issue 60

8. NJoy Event Planning commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 2:33pm

what cool designs!
    NJoy Event Planning´s last blog post ..Julia &amp Jason- Majestic Hill-Top Wedding in Vermont

9. Tay commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 2:59pm

Your blog is a point of magic and happiness in the middle of the day. Love your work very deeply. Kisses from Brazil!

10. laura trevey commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 3:15pm

Love that sweet snowflake patterned rug!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Wedding Colors- Tiffany Blue and Chocolate Brown

11. Viv commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 4:29pm

wow… wonderful patterns!
    Viv´s last blog post ..On Sale The Red one

12. Casa e Cose commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 4:40pm

Great rugs! I have to check out her site! Our floors are freezing at home so im right now dreaming of my feet sinking down in a big fat rug and not on cold stone floors :(
    Part from that im obsessed with my new quilt im doing for my son inspired somehow by the greatest kaffe fasset!
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..Circus dreams…

13. Judit Gueth commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 4:42pm

I love the poppy seed pod patterned rug! Gorgeous design.

14. Bobbi commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 4:48pm

I so enjoy looking at textile patterns just for the sake of the patterns themselves. I would love to have that flower pod rug in my living room!
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Wednesdays Photo

15. pinkbathtub commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 5:00pm

Gorgeous patterns and I absolutely adore those rugs!

16. Laura Amiss commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 5:12pm

Gorgeous, I get very inspired by Textiles designers. Beautiful, stylish patterns.
    Laura Amiss´s last blog post ..Half Marathon recovery and Scattered Showers

17. Jeana commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 5:23pm

Rugs AND bookshelves! I just have those two things to conquer and our living/dining room will be complete. (until i find other things to add…like a bar, end tables…the list is endless)

18. Jillian commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 6:48pm

Those rugs are so gorgeous, as were the ones you shared from ABC. I really love the idea of a patterned rug as the strongest statement in the room with more subdued furnishings and wall treatments. My favorites are Amy Butler, C Company and Angela Adams.
    Jillian´s last blog post ..Vintage Cameras at Urban Outfitters

19. Lizet commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 7:10pm

Love the patterns! So colorful and bright. p.s. I am obsessed with cute whimsical illustrations and stationary.
    Lizet´s last blog post ..Cobalt Blue Teapot

20. susannah commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 8:18pm

I went to one of Nicola’s new bag ranch launches about 6 years ago, just a small group of people in a ‘Made in Japan’ shop – she is so lovely, down to earth…and talented! I still use a bag I bought from that range. LOVE to see designers from this end of the world being promoted here in this space Holly! ~Susannah

21. Michaela commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 8:54pm

Oh my goodness! These rugs are amazing. My favorite is the black and white organic graphic. I’m obsessed with vintage decor and vaulted plant rustic ceilings (:
    Michaela´s last blog post ..Picture This

22. jacaranda Designs commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 10:12pm

What gorgeous rugs – I wish I had the right space for them. I really like the final red one!
    jacaranda Designs´s last blog post ..SPECIAL TODAY ONLY – Shipping Included – Blue Ice Beaded Bracelet

23. Alicia Parsons | Atypical Type A commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 10:22pm

How gorgeous – and from Australia too, woot woot!

If only I had room for a floor rug.
    Alicia Parsons | Atypical Type A´s last blog post ..Quick cupboard hack

24. gretchenmist/belinda commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 10:43pm

her designs are amazing! love the bottom right rug. i have a bag with the big pink print in the middle ~ it’s so lovely, printed on silk.
    gretchenmist/belinda´s last blog post ..my creative space

25. Jenn commented
    November 11th, 2010 at 10:56pm

Oh my WOW! Those rugs! I’m obsessed with cooking and crafts… and now those rugs too!

xoXOxo
    Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons
    Jenn´s last blog post ..Triple Veg Pasta

26. Ashley • Fine Day Press commented
    November 12th, 2010 at 12:11am

Gorgeous!! I love the rug on the bottom right, such great colors.
    Ashley • Fine Day Press´s last blog post ..A Good Cuppa

27. Vicki (simply hue) commented
    November 12th, 2010 at 1:55am

Hmmm, I’m obsessed with trying to figure out how to decorate our fireplace mantel! Holly, have you had a post on this recently? I need your expertise in a bad way! :)
    Vicki (simply hue)´s last blog post ..Artist Spotlights Detained Just a Little

28. Deb commented
    November 12th, 2010 at 3:16am

Simply stunning rugs.
    Deb´s last blog post ..Brown and Green

29. Danielle commented
    November 12th, 2010 at 4:47am

decor8 :)
    Danielle´s last blog post ..Aloysia Citrodora

30. Gabi commented
    November 12th, 2010 at 9:45am

oh god the black and white rug is just gorgeous…
    since I bought a sewing machine last week I am going mad with so many cool fabrics!
    thanks for sharing!

31. Manette commented
    November 12th, 2010 at 5:31pm

Love the rugs! Beautiful color combinations and natural floral designs. Prices are good too. Thanks for sharing the works of such talented artists and designers like this, it’s like visiting a new art/design gallery everyday. Welcome back! I hope your travels brought you many new inspirations and zest for life. I know it does for me.
    Manette´s last blog post ..Coastal Time – Antique 14k GF Octagon Pendant Watch Locket with Sea Glass and Beach Treasures

32. Saioa commented
    November 15th, 2010 at 9:59am

I wish I could have beautiful carpets, but I gave up long ago because of the cats. :P

33. david commented
    November 25th, 2010 at 6:44am

Have you seen Nicola’s bags? She covers those lovely fabrics in a plastic material; hose are all beautiful designs and colors. Beautiful textiles. I love Nicola Carina’s designs. Thanks for sharing the works of such talented artists and designers like this; it’s like visiting a new art/design gallery everyday. I hope your travels brought you many new inspirations and zest for life. I know it does for me.

34. david commented
    November 25th, 2010 at 6:49am

Gorgeous!! I love the rug on the bottom right, such great colors.

35. Tammy commented
    November 26th, 2010 at 7:03am

I am on my second Nicola Cerini handbag now. The first one started to look a little worn after 5 years being used every single day. So I got a new one, which I have had for about 18 months now and looks like new. I love them. I never have to look at other handbags (except the occasional clutch for which I go here: http://www.karasmith.com.au/ksbags_shop.html (ok, I have 4 from Kara for special occasions)).

My Nicola Cerini have seen me through a few overseas trips and are absolutely perfect.

I LOVE them. I have a small mesenger style one. It is perfect for my every need.

36. Krystal Lee commented
    January 7th, 2011 at 9:39am

her work is very beautiful and the colours and patterns she uses clash perfectly :)
    Krystal Lee´s last blog post ..two thousand and Ten