Objects

Nicola Cerini Australia

November 11, 2010

Australian textiles designer, Nicola Cerini, contacted me this morning to share her line of products and textiles and so I thought I’d share the link to her site and a quick peek of her gorgeous fabrics (and rugs). I put her fabrics together in an inspiring mosaic below, can’t you see how well so many of these prints and patterns could live together in a single room? I spot a few that would look great together, especially the pinks and blacks on a patio or guest bedroom. I also think the folk print with the orange and pink would be fantastic in a mid century style living room or even a kid’s room. Lovely!

Nicola Cerini Australia

Nicola Cerini Australia

Nicola Cerini Australia was established 15 years ago by textile designer Nicola Cerini. She is dedicated to Australian design and textiles and built her brand using high quality eco-friendly materials that reflect her natural surroundings — Australia’s flora and wildlife. She produces a range of rugs, fashion, handbags, accessories and designer homewares but also many prints are also available to purchase by the meter for a home decorating project so email them if you see anything above that you like!

P.S. I am obsessed with floor rugs lately! What are you obsessed with?

(images: nicola cerini)

You Might Also Like

36 Comments

• Reply Christina November 11, 2010 at 10:59 am

Have you seen Nicola’s bags? She covers those lovely fabrics in a plasticky material, and then you can carry them around with you wherever you go. She has a lovely line of mugs, too.

• Reply christine November 11, 2010 at 11:24 am

Absolutely stunning- thanks for the introduction! I am a farbic nut so always like discovering new prints etc. I’m currently obsessing over wallpaper and fabric- can’t get enough!

• Reply Bieb November 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Wow, these rugs are so beautiful, especially the black and white one.. I think my all over autumn covered dog will ike that one as well… ; )
    I just can ‘t seem to get over my (eco) stationary crush….Have to do a lot of writing (in the pace I am ordering…). Thanx for sharing!

• Reply Sarah November 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Beautiful textiles…I am obsessed with orange and turquoise…:))

• Reply My Owl Barn November 11, 2010 at 1:35 pm

These are all beautiful designs and colors. I’ll check out their site for more fabric prints.

• Reply Ampersand Design November 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I love Nicola Cerini’s designs.

Would die to have one of her rugs in my home.

Sandy K

• Reply Ampersand Design November 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I love Nicola Cerini’s designs.

Would die to have one of her rugs in my home.

Sandy K

• Reply NJoy Event Planning November 11, 2010 at 2:33 pm

what cool designs!

• Reply Tay November 11, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Your blog is a point of magic and happiness in the middle of the day. Love your work very deeply. Kisses from Brazil!

• Reply laura trevey November 11, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Love that sweet snowflake patterned rug!

• Reply Viv November 11, 2010 at 4:29 pm

wow… wonderful patterns!

• Reply Casa e Cose November 11, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Great rugs! I have to check out her site! Our floors are freezing at home so im right now dreaming of my feet sinking down in a big fat rug and not on cold stone floors :(
    Part from that im obsessed with my new quilt im doing for my son inspired somehow by the greatest kaffe fasset!

• Reply Judit Gueth November 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I love the poppy seed pod patterned rug! Gorgeous design.

• Reply Bobbi November 11, 2010 at 4:48 pm

I so enjoy looking at textile patterns just for the sake of the patterns themselves. I would love to have that flower pod rug in my living room!

• Reply pinkbathtub November 11, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Gorgeous patterns and I absolutely adore those rugs!

• Reply Laura Amiss November 11, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Gorgeous, I get very inspired by Textiles designers. Beautiful, stylish patterns.

• Reply Jeana November 11, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Rugs AND bookshelves! I just have those two things to conquer and our living/dining room will be complete. (until i find other things to add…like a bar, end tables…the list is endless)

• Reply Jillian November 11, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Those rugs are so gorgeous, as were the ones you shared from ABC. I really love the idea of a patterned rug as the strongest statement in the room with more subdued furnishings and wall treatments. My favorites are Amy Butler, C Company and Angela Adams.

• Reply Lizet November 11, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Love the patterns! So colorful and bright. p.s. I am obsessed with cute whimsical illustrations and stationary.

• Reply susannah November 11, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I went to one of Nicola’s new bag ranch launches about 6 years ago, just a small group of people in a ‘Made in Japan’ shop – she is so lovely, down to earth…and talented! I still use a bag I bought from that range. LOVE to see designers from this end of the world being promoted here in this space Holly! ~Susannah

• Reply Michaela November 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Oh my goodness! These rugs are amazing. My favorite is the black and white organic graphic. I’m obsessed with vintage decor and vaulted plant rustic ceilings (:

• Reply jacaranda Designs November 11, 2010 at 10:12 pm

What gorgeous rugs – I wish I had the right space for them. I really like the final red one!

• Reply Alicia Parsons | Atypical Type A November 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm

How gorgeous – and from Australia too, woot woot!

If only I had room for a floor rug.

• Reply gretchenmist/belinda November 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm

her designs are amazing! love the bottom right rug. i have a bag with the big pink print in the middle ~ it’s so lovely, printed on silk.

• Reply Jenn November 11, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Oh my WOW! Those rugs! I’m obsessed with cooking and crafts… and now those rugs too!

xoXOxo
    Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons

• Reply Ashley • Fine Day Press November 12, 2010 at 12:11 am

Gorgeous!! I love the rug on the bottom right, such great colors.

• Reply Vicki (simply hue) November 12, 2010 at 1:55 am

Hmmm, I’m obsessed with trying to figure out how to decorate our fireplace mantel! Holly, have you had a post on this recently? I need your expertise in a bad way! :)

• Reply Deb November 12, 2010 at 3:16 am

Simply stunning rugs.

• Reply Danielle November 12, 2010 at 4:47 am

decor8 :)

• Reply Gabi November 12, 2010 at 9:45 am

oh god the black and white rug is just gorgeous…
    since I bought a sewing machine last week I am going mad with so many cool fabrics!
    thanks for sharing!

• Reply Manette November 12, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Love the rugs! Beautiful color combinations and natural floral designs. Prices are good too. Thanks for sharing the works of such talented artists and designers like this, it’s like visiting a new art/design gallery everyday. Welcome back! I hope your travels brought you many new inspirations and zest for life. I know it does for me.

• Reply Saioa November 15, 2010 at 9:59 am

I wish I could have beautiful carpets, but I gave up long ago because of the cats. :P

• Reply david November 25, 2010 at 6:44 am

Have you seen Nicola’s bags? She covers those lovely fabrics in a plastic material; hose are all beautiful designs and colors. Beautiful textiles. I love Nicola Carina’s designs. Thanks for sharing the works of such talented artists and designers like this; it’s like visiting a new art/design gallery everyday. I hope your travels brought you many new inspirations and zest for life. I know it does for me.

• Reply david November 25, 2010 at 6:49 am

Gorgeous!! I love the rug on the bottom right, such great colors.

• Reply Tammy November 26, 2010 at 7:03 am

I am on my second Nicola Cerini handbag now. The first one started to look a little worn after 5 years being used every single day. So I got a new one, which I have had for about 18 months now and looks like new. I love them. I never have to look at other handbags (except the occasional clutch for which I go here: http://www.karasmith.com.au/ksbags_shop.html (ok, I have 4 from Kara for special occasions)).

My Nicola Cerini have seen me through a few overseas trips and are absolutely perfect.

I LOVE them. I have a small mesenger style one. It is perfect for my every need.

• Reply Krystal Lee January 7, 2011 at 9:39 am

her work is very beautiful and the colours and patterns she uses clash perfectly :)