Decorating Tips

Rice: Spring 2011

November 17, 2010

I have some super colorful products to share with you today from Rice in Denmark from their Spring 2011 collection. Rice is a household name in Germany, at least in the northern part of the country where I live. You can find it in many small shops and they are best known for their melamine plates, bowls, cups and so on because they are very practical for children but also great for dining outdoors. People in my area are big on using their balcony, patio, garden and winter gardens for eating so as soon as the weather is nice it’s common to take the melamine outside and enjoy the fresh air and something light to eat. I found some things from Rice that float my boat that I thought I’d share with you today, thanks to the lovely Charlotte (founder of Rice) for sending me special access to their image database — I had my pick of imagery to share. Here is the world according to Rice for Spring 2011… a small glimpse of what is to come… COLOR, baby!

Rice: Spring 2011

Rice: Spring 2011

Rice: Spring 2011

Rice: Spring 2011

There are some nice things in the Spring collection, especially if you take a few of your favorites and bring them into a more subdued home for just a dash of color. I’m a little color shy so Rice is a bold big step for me (I need more neutrals around me in order to calm down and think because my brain is always racing and tons of color seems to excite me even more — so I lean more towards neutrals, black, white, gray, silver and then some color on top). With that said though, I can definitely see using some Rice candle holders in a window, gray and pale blue ceramic bowls stacked in my kitchen on a shelf, a straw crocheted tote in the kitchen to store bottles of water, a key hook in black in the entryway… It’s all about picking things from a collection that work for you and your lifestyle!

(images: rice)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Shones November 17, 2010 at 6:19 pm

The brightly-colored carpets spilling down the white stairs almost took my breath away. Beautiful!

• Reply Ludmila {} November 17, 2010 at 6:27 pm

RICE is such a happy company! these bright colors are beyond cheery! Love this post! Wondering if they ship internationally :)

• Reply Han November 17, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I love the rugs on the staircase!

• Reply les fifoles November 17, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I was in a Christmas mood, freezing in front a star candle and now I’m dreaming of spring. Love the italian bowls. Thanks.

• Reply peggy November 17, 2010 at 6:39 pm

I love RICE and we have the typical melamine as well as some storage boxes etc…
    The new collection looks even more colourful, I like tha rugs… great for a simple kids room.

• Reply Trine November 17, 2010 at 6:40 pm

OH MY GOD! How the hell am I supposed to resist this pretty blanket with the peace sign on it???? argh! I am afraid the price will kill me, I have to start saving money right away!!!
    Thanks for sharing, Holly! ;-)

xoxo Trine

• Reply Lil Mary November 17, 2010 at 7:00 pm

I just wanted to say, and I don’t know why I haven’t until now, but your blog absolutely makes my eyes and mind so happy just about every day. There is so much that inspires me and so many new things I discover with your posts. So just wanting to thank you for the beauty you dole out! I can aspire to surround myself with so many lovely things in my life with a little nudge from you :)

• Reply Maegan November 17, 2010 at 7:22 pm

though I would trip and fall every time …I LOVE THE RUGS ON THE STAIRS!!! so pretty

• Reply Stacey November 17, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Oh! So much wonderful color! I tend to go a bit crazy with color in my house (pink walls! blue walls! purple chairs!), so this seems like the perfect line of home decor for me! I deeply love the way the rugs on the stairs look (although I would never dare do something like that in real life, because I would probably slip on them, unless they were all nailed down).

• Reply Hilary November 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm

The rugs and the cushion are my fave! How do we get our hands on these in the States?

• Reply Traveling Mama November 17, 2010 at 8:48 pm

I love Rice! We have a “girls” bathroom and I let me daughter choose the main color scheme and she didn’t even hesitate- bright and cheery and lots of Rice! A very fun choice that we both love!

• Reply laura evans November 17, 2010 at 9:22 pm

i love rice … i discovered their plates etc … at a shop near where i live close to saarbrucken & plan on getting a whole dining set!

• Reply lindsay @ yams November 17, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Sooo colorful = soooo amazing! love all of these!

• Reply Sheryl J November 17, 2010 at 9:35 pm

I just love all of the colorful items.

• Reply Tracy Kunzler November 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm

the rugs! the rugs! the scarves! the scarves! wish we could order online! thanks for showing us such beautiful things!

• Reply Vanessa November 18, 2010 at 12:42 am

I love the candles in the window and that painted staircase is so gorgeous. What beautiful design.

• Reply ChristinaInAustralia November 18, 2010 at 1:06 am

I want the rugs and the little candle-holder with the bird. I pray they’ll hit the shops in January, when I’ll be in Germany for 10 days…

• Reply Katie November 18, 2010 at 2:00 am

That pink banister is absolutely beautiful!!!!! I use bright colors everywhere, this has given me so many great ideas!!!

• Reply The Owl Diary November 18, 2010 at 4:39 am

Omigoodness– the rugs on the stars have to be the prettiest, prettiest things I’ve seen in some time. Such a neat, colorful idea. ♥

• Reply flowing moments November 18, 2010 at 8:56 am

love those bowls with their different shades, but then come the choice, which ones ? it is very tempting to buy all the shades of blues and mauves !!

• Reply Katrine K November 18, 2010 at 10:15 am

I also love the rugs! Would love to have some of them…

• Reply ana November 18, 2010 at 11:08 am

I love Rice product lines. It’s hard to find their pieces in portuguese stores, so I normally search for online shops that have the pieces that I want available.

I vote for RICE opens their own store online, in english please!!!

The polka dots blankets are to die for.

• Reply Tereza November 18, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Rice is so colorful and happy and young.
    Love your post and your blog.

• Reply Andreia November 18, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love those ceramic bowls!

• Reply Miriam November 18, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I agree with ana-Rice is almost impossible to buy in the US and it is one of my favorites. Huset carries some of their things but none of the carpets/baskets etc. I love Rice!!!

• Reply Nathalie November 18, 2010 at 4:57 pm

would like to throw myself on that sofa! what a bright happy setting for a rollicking good time. these colors are fun!

• Reply Holly November 18, 2010 at 7:01 pm

We love RICE dk also, I’m how can you not? Huset carries a huge selection of Rice products Stateside, you can check out all our Rice items here:
    Have a Rice day!

• Reply Jane November 18, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Love Rice dk products, really like the rugs. I am thinking about carrying them in my online shop.

• Reply hena tayeb November 22, 2010 at 10:02 pm

looks like a great shop.. i love all the bright fun colors