Rice: Spring 2011

I have some super colorful products to share with you today from Rice in Denmark from their Spring 2011 collection. Rice is a household name in Germany, at least in the northern part of the country where I live. You can find it in many small shops and they are best known for their melamine plates, bowls, cups and so on because they are very practical for children but also great for dining outdoors. People in my area are big on using their balcony, patio, garden and winter gardens for eating so as soon as the weather is nice it’s common to take the melamine outside and enjoy the fresh air and something light to eat. I found some things from Rice that float my boat that I thought I’d share with you today, thanks to the lovely Charlotte (founder of Rice) for sending me special access to their image database — I had my pick of imagery to share. Here is the world according to Rice for Spring 2011… a small glimpse of what is to come… COLOR, baby!

Rice: Spring 2011

Rice: Spring 2011

Rice: Spring 2011

Rice: Spring 2011

There are some nice things in the Spring collection, especially if you take a few of your favorites and bring them into a more subdued home for just a dash of color. I’m a little color shy so Rice is a bold big step for me (I need more neutrals around me in order to calm down and think because my brain is always racing and tons of color seems to excite me even more — so I lean more towards neutrals, black, white, gray, silver and then some color on top). With that said though, I can definitely see using some Rice candle holders in a window, gray and pale blue ceramic bowls stacked in my kitchen on a shelf, a straw crocheted tote in the kitchen to store bottles of water, a key hook in black in the entryway… It’s all about picking things from a collection that work for you and your lifestyle!

(images: rice)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on November 17, 2010

1. Shones commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 6:19pm

The brightly-colored carpets spilling down the white stairs almost took my breath away. Beautiful!

2. Ludmila {creamylife.com} commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 6:27pm

RICE is such a happy company! these bright colors are beyond cheery! Love this post! Wondering if they ship internationally :)
    Ludmila {creamylife.com}´s last blog post ..Peacock Pavilions

3. Han commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 6:28pm

I love the rugs on the staircase!

4. les fifoles commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 6:31pm

I was in a Christmas mood, freezing in front a star candle and now I’m dreaming of spring. Love the italian bowls. Thanks.

Anne
    les fifoles´s last blog post ..Automne 2

5. peggy commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 6:39pm

I love RICE and we have the typical melamine as well as some storage boxes etc…
    The new collection looks even more colourful, I like tha rugs… great for a simple kids room.
    peggy´s last blog post ..No Venimos de París

6. Trine commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 6:40pm

OH MY GOD! How the hell am I supposed to resist this pretty blanket with the peace sign on it???? argh! I am afraid the price will kill me, I have to start saving money right away!!!
    Thanks for sharing, Holly! ;-)

xoxo Trine
    Trine´s last blog post ..work- work- work

7. Lil Mary commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 7:00pm

I just wanted to say, and I don’t know why I haven’t until now, but your blog absolutely makes my eyes and mind so happy just about every day. There is so much that inspires me and so many new things I discover with your posts. So just wanting to thank you for the beauty you dole out! I can aspire to surround myself with so many lovely things in my life with a little nudge from you :)

8. ...love Maegan commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 7:22pm

though I would trip and fall every time …I LOVE THE RUGS ON THE STAIRS!!! so pretty

9. Stacey commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 7:57pm

Oh! So much wonderful color! I tend to go a bit crazy with color in my house (pink walls! blue walls! purple chairs!), so this seems like the perfect line of home decor for me! I deeply love the way the rugs on the stairs look (although I would never dare do something like that in real life, because I would probably slip on them, unless they were all nailed down).
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Etsy Photography Love- Yvette Inufio Photography

10. Hilary commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 8:27pm

The rugs and the cushion are my fave! How do we get our hands on these in the States?
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Teen Bedroom- Lime and Pink

11. Traveling Mama commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 8:48pm

I love Rice! We have a “girls” bathroom and I let me daughter choose the main color scheme and she didn’t even hesitate- bright and cheery and lots of Rice! A very fun choice that we both love!

12. laura evans commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 9:22pm

i love rice … i discovered their plates etc … at a shop near where i live close to saarbrucken & plan on getting a whole dining set!

xx
    laura evans´s last blog post ..wadsworth got it right – whimsical fine art photographic print

13. lindsay @ yams commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 9:24pm

Sooo colorful = soooo amazing! love all of these!

14. Sheryl J commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 9:35pm

I just love all of the colorful items.

15. Tracy Kunzler commented
    November 17th, 2010 at 9:53pm

the rugs! the rugs! the scarves! the scarves! wish we could order online! thanks for showing us such beautiful things!
    Tracy Kunzler´s last blog post ..Chalkboard Message Tissue Box

16. Vanessa commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 12:42am

I love the candles in the window and that painted staircase is so gorgeous. What beautiful design.
    Vanessa´s last blog post ..Aoyama Shopping Guide- Part 2

17. ChristinaInAustralia commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 1:06am

I want the rugs and the little candle-holder with the bird. I pray they’ll hit the shops in January, when I’ll be in Germany for 10 days…

18. Katie commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 2:00am

That pink banister is absolutely beautiful!!!!! I use bright colors everywhere, this has given me so many great ideas!!!

19. The Owl Diary commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 4:39am

Omigoodness– the rugs on the stars have to be the prettiest, prettiest things I’ve seen in some time. Such a neat, colorful idea. ♥
    The Owl Diary´s last blog post ..a never-ending list of lists

20. flowing moments commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 8:56am

love those bowls with their different shades, but then come the choice, which ones ? it is very tempting to buy all the shades of blues and mauves !!

21. Katrine K commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 10:15am

I also love the rugs! Would love to have some of them…
    Katrine K´s last blog post ..Utenfor tiden

22. ana commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 11:08am

I love Rice product lines. It’s hard to find their pieces in portuguese stores, so I normally search for online shops that have the pieces that I want available.

I vote for RICE opens their own store online, in english please!!!

The polka dots blankets are to die for.
    ana´s last blog post ..Teal crystal butterfly earrings

23. Tereza commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 12:44pm

Rice is so colorful and happy and young.
    Love your post and your blog.
    Hugs
    Tereza
    Tereza´s last blog post ..ÁRVORE DE NATAL

24. Andreia commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 3:06pm

I love those ceramic bowls!

25. Miriam commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 3:21pm

I agree with ana-Rice is almost impossible to buy in the US and it is one of my favorites. Huset carries some of their things but none of the carpets/baskets etc. I love Rice!!!

26. Nathalie commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 4:57pm

would like to throw myself on that sofa! what a bright happy setting for a rollicking good time. these colors are fun!
    Nathalie´s last blog post ..Knit in the Home- Go Big!

27. Holly commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 7:01pm

We love RICE dk also, I’m how can you not? Huset carries a huge selection of Rice products Stateside, you can check out all our Rice items here: http://www.huset-shop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Rice
    Have a Rice day!

28. Jane commented
    November 18th, 2010 at 8:51pm

Love Rice dk products, really like the rugs. I am thinking about carrying them in my online shop.

29. hena tayeb commented
    November 22nd, 2010 at 10:02pm

looks like a great shop.. i love all the bright fun colors
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..New- Bunny Love