Sweet Paul

I just shared the decor8 book of the week, Romantic Style, so now I’d like to highlight the blog of the week, Sweet Paul. This is one heck of a blog to read if you are dieting, so calorie counters beware! But it’s just too yummy to pass by and reading and looking at gorgeous imagery is fat-free, so I guess that’s fair enough. Feast your eyes!

Sweet Paul

Sweet Paul is a delicious blog authored by stylist/crafter Paul Lowe, who develops recipes and crafts for editorial and commercial projects. Can you believe that he has published 22 cookbooks in 12 languages? Amazing! He also has an online magazine (here) that is gorgeous and on his Sweet Paul blog he publishes inspiration and new recipes several times a week! How’s that for an all-star blogger?

Sweet Paul

Sweet Paul

Sweet Paul

Sweet Paul

Paul Lowe is a huge inspiration to me personally which is why I wanted to talk about his work today — I find his blog and magazine a delight and I think that you will to if you haven’t already heard of him. His eye is amazing, and his styling work always feels modern and clean while also being quite soulful, welcoming, calming and crafty.

Originally from Oslo, he moved to New York and now works with some of the best photographers and clients in the industry and his prop styling is nothing short of perfect. I was reading that he started out as a florist and now here he is today. I love this interview with him on the Spoonful Blog, it’s amazing to read about this bloggers experience attending a shoot that Paul directed and styled, so I encourage you to read more about her experience along with an interview, here.

(images: paul lowe)

Posted by decor8 in Bloggers on November 23, 2010

1. seeking the muse commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 6:58pm

Your posts today are hitting my sweet spot! I absolutely ADORE Sweet Paul! His crafts are amazing, his recipes are wonderfully simple and of course, he works with some incredibly talented photographers.
    seeking the muse´s last blog post ..Mood Board Chilly Days

2. jenn commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 6:58pm

I am such a huge fan of Sweet Paul’s work. His styling is impeccable! I was so excited when he released an online mag — and it is one of my favorite to look through :)
    jenn´s last blog post ..create an alternate pumpkin pie

3. Will commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 7:09pm

Paul is such an inspiration to me, Holly, so it’s lovely to see his blog being featured here today. You are right, his styling is spot-on and has this effervescent yet hugely calming feeling – a hard thing to do well.
    Will´s last blog post ..Rue Magazine- My Holiday Column

4. Jacquelynn commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 7:12pm

Love Sweet Paul! Thanks for sharing!
    Jacquelynn´s last blog post ..Caramel Apples

5. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 7:22pm

I just love him & find him so inspirational too! So incredibly talented & I look forward to every issue…
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap &amp Chic

6. Tina commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 7:34pm

I love his blog and checks it out often! :-)
    Tina´s last blog post ..How I waited

7. Ludmila {creamylife.com} commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 7:36pm

I adore Paul and his magazine, it’s amazingly inspiring and with tons of eye-candy!
    Ludmila {creamylife.com}´s last blog post ..Today I want…

8. Kate commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 7:54pm

I feel like I’m in a Thanksgiving food tunnel, so thank you for posting about Sweet Paul. What an inspiration–the styling, the photography, the recipes and crafts–all so amazing.
    Kate´s last blog post ..Re-create the Look- GP Schafer Kitchen in the Country

9. jamieofalltrades commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 8:03pm

Oooo, I want a slice of the lemon crepe cake.
    jamieofalltrades´s last blog post ..minis- minis- minis!

10. Katie Stephenson commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 8:13pm

Where do you find these? I’m not sure you’ve ever listed one that I had heard of previously, and they’re all amazing. Such pretty pictures, is that a polka-dotted strawberry shake? Good heavens.
    Katie Stephenson´s last blog post ..my no-cost studio makeover

11. Lila Ferraro commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 10:08pm

It IS a feast for your eyes! I think I saw that recipe for a strawberry milkshake with marshmallows. Looks divine every time I see it!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

12. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 10:22pm

I am off to check this links, very nice projects and photos!!
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..eco tote bag give away

13. make my day commented
    November 23rd, 2010 at 11:49pm

Sweet Paul blog and magazine is a must read. Aside from making eye popping food, he has a talent for showing them off so beautifully through gorgeous photography. Now just add the fact that he’s so sweet himself! cheers kari
    make my day´s last blog post ..Caramel Apple Granola muesli Breakfast

14. Alison Gibbs commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:28am

Can’t wait to go check it out.
    Gorgeous pics.
    Alison
    Alison Gibbs´s last blog post ..COLOUR PLUS

15. Emily@theNest commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 1:31am

I love Sweet Paul too- and LOVE his onlinne magazine… and on that note, he is hoping to raise funds to bring the “experience” onto an all new level… (it is all done on a shoe-string budget) You can donate any amount, no matter how small, and there are great incentives for the more you give!! I cannot WAIT to go behind the scenes to see how he creates those fantastic photos!!!
    Emily@theNest´s last blog post ..Beautiful Tea-light Holder Tutorial

16. Laura Gaskill commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 2:45am

Yay for Sweet Paul! I agree, he is such an inspiration and I love his styling work…and of course the food! Yum yum. He seems like such a sweetie, too – I would love to meet him.
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Lolalina’s Teeny Tiny Gift Guide – For Him

17. Geneve Hoffman commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 4:20am

love that sweet paul blog…it’s so flippant and elegant at the same time! cool post Holly!

18. ju ju be commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 6:53am

That is beautiful. I always adore the pretty shoots of food. Now I know who is working behind :)
    ju ju be´s last blog post ..Monday

19. Lise commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 12:37pm

Love the pictures! And this Crepes cake looks so yummy!
    Lise´s last blog post ..Etsy Gift Guide- For Her

20. ana commented
    November 24th, 2010 at 3:47pm

His work is fabulous & the magazine has such a good taste