Bloggers

Sweet Paul Blog

November 23, 2010

I just shared the decor8 book of the week, Romantic Style, so now I’d like to highlight the blog of the week, Sweet Paul. This is one heck of a blog to read if you are dieting, so calorie counters beware! But it’s just too yummy to pass by and reading and looking at gorgeous imagery is fat-free, so I guess that’s fair enough. Feast your eyes!

Sweet Paul Blog

Sweet Paul is a delicious blog authored by stylist/crafter Paul Lowe, who develops recipes and crafts for editorial and commercial projects. Can you believe that he has published 22 cookbooks in 12 languages? Amazing! He also has an online magazine (here) that is gorgeous and on his Sweet Paul blog he publishes inspiration and new recipes several times a week! How’s that for an all-star blogger?

Sweet Paul Blog

Sweet Paul Blog

Sweet Paul Blog

Sweet Paul Blog

Paul Lowe is a huge inspiration to me personally which is why I wanted to talk about his work today — I find his blog and magazine a delight and I think that you will to if you haven’t already heard of him. His eye is amazing, and his styling work always feels modern and clean while also being quite soulful, welcoming, calming and crafty.

Originally from Oslo, he moved to New York and now works with some of the best photographers and clients in the industry and his prop styling is nothing short of perfect. I was reading that he started out as a florist and now here he is today. I love this interview with him on the Spoonful Blog, it’s amazing to read about this bloggers experience attending a shoot that Paul directed and styled, so I encourage you to read more about her experience along with an interview, here.

(images: paul lowe)

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply seeking the muse November 23, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Your posts today are hitting my sweet spot! I absolutely ADORE Sweet Paul! His crafts are amazing, his recipes are wonderfully simple and of course, he works with some incredibly talented photographers.

• Reply jenn November 23, 2010 at 6:58 pm

I am such a huge fan of Sweet Paul’s work. His styling is impeccable! I was so excited when he released an online mag — and it is one of my favorite to look through :)

• Reply Will November 23, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Paul is such an inspiration to me, Holly, so it’s lovely to see his blog being featured here today. You are right, his styling is spot-on and has this effervescent yet hugely calming feeling – a hard thing to do well.

• Reply Jacquelynn November 23, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Love Sweet Paul! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente November 23, 2010 at 7:22 pm

I just love him & find him so inspirational too! So incredibly talented & I look forward to every issue…
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Tina November 23, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I love his blog and checks it out often! :-)

• Reply Ludmila {creamylife.com} November 23, 2010 at 7:36 pm

I adore Paul and his magazine, it’s amazingly inspiring and with tons of eye-candy!

• Reply Kate November 23, 2010 at 7:54 pm

I feel like I’m in a Thanksgiving food tunnel, so thank you for posting about Sweet Paul. What an inspiration–the styling, the photography, the recipes and crafts–all so amazing.

• Reply jamieofalltrades November 23, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Oooo, I want a slice of the lemon crepe cake.

• Reply Katie Stephenson November 23, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Where do you find these? I’m not sure you’ve ever listed one that I had heard of previously, and they’re all amazing. Such pretty pictures, is that a polka-dotted strawberry shake? Good heavens.

• Reply Lila Ferraro November 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm

It IS a feast for your eyes! I think I saw that recipe for a strawberry milkshake with marshmallows. Looks divine every time I see it!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo November 23, 2010 at 10:22 pm

I am off to check this links, very nice projects and photos!!

• Reply make my day November 23, 2010 at 11:49 pm

Sweet Paul blog and magazine is a must read. Aside from making eye popping food, he has a talent for showing them off so beautifully through gorgeous photography. Now just add the fact that he’s so sweet himself! cheers kari

• Reply Alison Gibbs November 24, 2010 at 12:28 am

Can’t wait to go check it out.
    Gorgeous pics.
    Alison

• Reply Emily@theNest November 24, 2010 at 1:31 am

I love Sweet Paul too- and LOVE his onlinne magazine… and on that note, he is hoping to raise funds to bring the “experience” onto an all new level… (it is all done on a shoe-string budget) You can donate any amount, no matter how small, and there are great incentives for the more you give!! I cannot WAIT to go behind the scenes to see how he creates those fantastic photos!!!

• Reply Laura Gaskill November 24, 2010 at 2:45 am

Yay for Sweet Paul! I agree, he is such an inspiration and I love his styling work…and of course the food! Yum yum. He seems like such a sweetie, too – I would love to meet him.

• Reply Geneve Hoffman November 24, 2010 at 4:20 am

love that sweet paul blog…it’s so flippant and elegant at the same time! cool post Holly!

• Reply ju ju be November 24, 2010 at 6:53 am

That is beautiful. I always adore the pretty shoots of food. Now I know who is working behind :)

• Reply Lise November 24, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Love the pictures! And this Crepes cake looks so yummy!

• Reply ana November 24, 2010 at 3:47 pm

His work is fabulous & the magazine has such a good taste