Prop.d Objects For Hire Store

I was reading about Prop.d (pronounced propped), a store which specializes in food styling props located outside of Melbourne, Australia and knew I had to share it on decor8. First of all, how cool is this idea? I love the thought of an objects-for-hire store, don’t you? Run by Glen Proebste who is a style director for the beautiful Inside Out magazine, which happens to be one of my top 5 favorite magazines in the world, and his business partner Rachael Hart, their huge and impressive collection of objects makes for the perfect stylist’s prop house and a little something called a dream come true for me. :)

Prop.d

Prop.d

Prop.d

Prop.d

Prop.d was founded by Rachael Hart and Glen Proebstel, two kindred artistic souls who met three years ago at a creative agency where they both worked together on both editorial and advertising projects. With a clever business idea in mind, they left the agency to launch Prop.d and these images are just a glimpse into their wonderful world of props, including surfaces that you rent — all what you can expect to find in their shop.

Curious to see more? You can find many inspiring objects on their website, which flaunts a stunning display of wares that you’ll no doubt love. Enjoy!

(images: prop.d)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on December 02, 2010

1. Truly Smitten commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 1:59am

oh my…such gorgeousness! i’d love to have kitchen stocked with gorgeous dishware

2. Laura Gaskill commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 2:10am

You know how some girls dream of the accessories closet of Vogue…well, now I feel that way about this place…drool, drool, drool :) Great find, Holly! xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Inspiration from Norway

3. Lee Tran, Inside Out commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 2:42am

Glad you are a Prop.d fan, too! Also, thanks for that amazing compliment – how lucky of us to be listed as one of your favourite magazines in the world on your lovely blog!
    Lee Tran, Inside Out´s last blog post ..A new pop-up shop

4. Emma commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 2:45am

OMG Holly, thank you!!! I clicked on this post because I am a little prop hire obsessed at the moment for our wedding, and thought oh this is going to be a bit depressing, it will be an amazing place in the states or EU – but NO it’s in VICTORIA! Are you kidding me?! Thank you thank you. Amazing. Brilliant. Yaaaaaaaay!

5. Lisa commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 3:11am

What a great way to justify collecting – make it work for you! Brilliant!

6. jessalyn commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 3:13am

Love, love, love everything here!!!

7. Amanda {Mocking Bird} commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 3:14am

oh my, so gorgeous!
    another australian prop styling company!
    Amanda {Mocking Bird}´s last blog post ..Published and Now on Facebook

8. Kiran commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 3:28am

Great idea of collecting props! And I see some vintage-y props as well.

9. monica of hola!design commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 3:33am

such a clever idea! I love food styling, so this is perfect for inspiration, Great find!
    monica of hola!design´s last blog post ..Sicily

10. Marte Marie Forsberg commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 4:38am

Oh, I absolutely love this! What a dreamland of a store;)
    Marte Marie Forsberg´s last blog post ..The faces of Villa Borghese

11. Tina commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 5:00am

with all the food styling props in our studio’s prop room, i’m sure we could rival this collection! but seriously….what is it about bowls, antique silverware, and beautiful surfaces that just make ya wanna drool when looking at these photos? i still have no idea. but i love it. terrific find!
    Tina´s last blog post ..underneath

12. Rocio Rincon commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 7:12am

Oh, wow! What a great idea!!! The surfaces are just awesome! Thks for sharing this link for all the photostylers enthusiasts. Muy bueno ; )
    Rocio Rincon´s last blog post ..My Sisters Glam Doll

13. Sophie Isobel Designs commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 7:37am

Oh thank you so much for this link, it is wonderful to see who is behind some of my recent favourite images. I’m off to be inspired.
    Sophie x
    Sophie Isobel Designs´s last blog post ..For the writer

14. Jodie commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 11:49am

These are beautiful images. If you like these, you may also like http://www.tinekhome.dk. I think her styling and the colour palette are quite similar.

15. Vanessa Elizabeth commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 3:29pm

I just adore the dark tones in those photographs! Such a good artistic choice. And the dark/white contrast – LOVE!

16. elissa @ faucethead commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 4:07pm

beautiful images. i love the dark and edginess to them, but they still make you hungry and wish you were there.
    elissa @ faucethead´s last blog post ..Photo Booth

17. michelle commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 4:52pm

I could spend many hours browsing a shop like that. And what a cool job it must be to shop for all of the interesting items that fill the shop.
    michelle´s last blog post ..Hanerot Halalu

18. My Owl Barn commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 5:58pm

What a clever idea! I am so bookmarking their website.
    My Owl Barn´s last blog post ..Iittala Taika Giveaway To Thank You!

19. Rebecca Newport commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 6:51pm

wow! I have just styled for a food shoot. If only I lived in Australia! Mind you I would never get any work done if I had access to this place!
    Rebecca Newport´s last blog post ..The Handmade Gift Guide – My top picks for homemade Christmas presents

20. Rebecca @ Digital Dollhouse commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 10:28pm

Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

21. janis - pinecone camp commented
    December 2nd, 2010 at 11:40pm

Fantastic idea! What a fun place to hang around in.
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..Christmas Decorating for a Great Cause

22. Haley commented
    December 3rd, 2010 at 2:58pm

What a wonderful idea! I was wondering, you said that inside out is one of your top five favorite magazines. What are your other favorites? I’m looking for some new printed inspiration :) Thank you!
    Haley´s last blog post ..Grandma Jack

23. decor8 commented
    December 3rd, 2010 at 3:52pm

@Haley:

My top five decorating-related magazines:
    Inside Out (Australia)
    VT Wonen (The Netherlands)
    Real Living (Australia)
    Livingetc (England)
    Elle Decoration (England)

Others include:
    Living At Home (Germany)
    Living & More (Germany)
    101 Woonideeen (The Netherlands)
    Country Style (Australia)
    BoligLiv (Denmark)
    Hus & Hem (Sweden)
    Boi Bedre (Denmark)
    Martha Stewart Weddings (United States)

Gosh I know I’m forgetting the other German ones that I love…

Oh and…

MILK (France)
    Selvedge (England)

Those are gorgeous but hard to find!
    Real Simple (United States)
    Artful Blogging (United States)

24. Nancy Parrish commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 11:56am

Amazing….
    Good idea.I love food styling, it is wonderful to see who is behind some of my recent favourite images. Thank you for sharing this wonderful images.
    _____