Inspiration

Prop.d Objects For Hire Store

December 2, 2010

I was reading about Prop.d (pronounced propped), a store which specializes in food styling props located outside of Melbourne, Australia and knew I had to share it on decor8. First of all, how cool is this idea? I love the thought of an objects-for-hire store, don’t you? Run by Glen Proebste who is a style director for the beautiful Inside Out magazine, which happens to be one of my top 5 favorite magazines in the world, and his business partner Rachael Hart, their huge and impressive collection of objects makes for the perfect stylist’s prop house and a little something called a dream come true for me. :)

Prop.d Objects For Hire Store

Prop.d Objects For Hire Store

Prop.d Objects For Hire Store

Prop.d Objects For Hire Store

Prop.d was founded by Rachael Hart and Glen Proebstel, two kindred artistic souls who met three years ago at a creative agency where they both worked together on both editorial and advertising projects. With a clever business idea in mind, they left the agency to launch Prop.d and these images are just a glimpse into their wonderful world of props, including surfaces that you rent — all what you can expect to find in their shop.

Curious to see more? You can find many inspiring objects on their website, which flaunts a stunning display of wares that you’ll no doubt love. Enjoy!

(images: prop.d)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply Truly Smitten December 2, 2010 at 1:59 am

oh my…such gorgeousness! i’d love to have kitchen stocked with gorgeous dishware

• Reply Laura Gaskill December 2, 2010 at 2:10 am

You know how some girls dream of the accessories closet of Vogue…well, now I feel that way about this place…drool, drool, drool :) Great find, Holly! xo Laura

• Reply Lee Tran, Inside Out December 2, 2010 at 2:42 am

Glad you are a Prop.d fan, too! Also, thanks for that amazing compliment – how lucky of us to be listed as one of your favourite magazines in the world on your lovely blog!

• Reply Emma December 2, 2010 at 2:45 am

OMG Holly, thank you!!! I clicked on this post because I am a little prop hire obsessed at the moment for our wedding, and thought oh this is going to be a bit depressing, it will be an amazing place in the states or EU – but NO it’s in VICTORIA! Are you kidding me?! Thank you thank you. Amazing. Brilliant. Yaaaaaaaay!

• Reply Lisa December 2, 2010 at 3:11 am

What a great way to justify collecting – make it work for you! Brilliant!

• Reply jessalyn December 2, 2010 at 3:13 am

Love, love, love everything here!!!

• Reply Amanda {Mocking Bird} December 2, 2010 at 3:14 am

oh my, so gorgeous!
    another australian prop styling company!

• Reply Kiran December 2, 2010 at 3:28 am

Great idea of collecting props! And I see some vintage-y props as well.

• Reply monica of hola!design December 2, 2010 at 3:33 am

such a clever idea! I love food styling, so this is perfect for inspiration, Great find!

• Reply Marte Marie Forsberg December 2, 2010 at 4:38 am

Oh, I absolutely love this! What a dreamland of a store;)

• Reply Tina December 2, 2010 at 5:00 am

with all the food styling props in our studio’s prop room, i’m sure we could rival this collection! but seriously….what is it about bowls, antique silverware, and beautiful surfaces that just make ya wanna drool when looking at these photos? i still have no idea. but i love it. terrific find!

• Reply Rocio Rincon December 2, 2010 at 7:12 am

Oh, wow! What a great idea!!! The surfaces are just awesome! Thks for sharing this link for all the photostylers enthusiasts. Muy bueno ; )

• Reply Sophie Isobel Designs December 2, 2010 at 7:37 am

Oh thank you so much for this link, it is wonderful to see who is behind some of my recent favourite images. I’m off to be inspired.
    Sophie x

• Reply Jodie December 2, 2010 at 11:49 am

These are beautiful images. If you like these, you may also like http://www.tinekhome.dk. I think her styling and the colour palette are quite similar.

• Reply Vanessa Elizabeth December 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I just adore the dark tones in those photographs! Such a good artistic choice. And the dark/white contrast – LOVE!

• Reply elissa @ faucethead December 2, 2010 at 4:07 pm

beautiful images. i love the dark and edginess to them, but they still make you hungry and wish you were there.

• Reply michelle December 2, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I could spend many hours browsing a shop like that. And what a cool job it must be to shop for all of the interesting items that fill the shop.

• Reply My Owl Barn December 2, 2010 at 5:58 pm

What a clever idea! I am so bookmarking their website.

• Reply Rebecca Newport December 2, 2010 at 6:51 pm

wow! I have just styled for a food shoot. If only I lived in Australia! Mind you I would never get any work done if I had access to this place!

• Reply Rebecca @ Digital Dollhouse December 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply janis - pinecone camp December 2, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Fantastic idea! What a fun place to hang around in.

• Reply Haley December 3, 2010 at 2:58 pm

What a wonderful idea! I was wondering, you said that inside out is one of your top five favorite magazines. What are your other favorites? I’m looking for some new printed inspiration :) Thank you!

• Reply decor8 December 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm

@Haley:

My top five decorating-related magazines:
    Inside Out (Australia)
    VT Wonen (The Netherlands)
    Real Living (Australia)
    Livingetc (England)
    Elle Decoration (England)

Others include:
    Living At Home (Germany)
    Living & More (Germany)
    101 Woonideeen (The Netherlands)
    Country Style (Australia)
    BoligLiv (Denmark)
    Hus & Hem (Sweden)
    Boi Bedre (Denmark)
    Martha Stewart Weddings (United States)

Gosh I know I’m forgetting the other German ones that I love…

Oh and…

MILK (France)
    Selvedge (England)

Those are gorgeous but hard to find!
    Real Simple (United States)
    Artful Blogging (United States)

• Reply Nancy Parrish March 5, 2011 at 11:56 am

Amazing….
    Good idea.I love food styling, it is wonderful to see who is behind some of my recent favourite images. Thank you for sharing this wonderful images.
    _____