Color Inspiration, Decorating Tips, Inspiration

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

December 3, 2010

Are you ready to see some gorgeous photography coupled with inspiring palettes that I’ve put together for your home? I found out about Danish photographer Anders Schønnemann from Charlotte at Rice and now I’m hooked – what a stunning online portfolio! Check out some of these shots (and the styling, great stuff!)… Along with my interpretations of the collaged images that I’ve included from his portfolio below. I combined photos that felt cohesive to form a specific palette taking in mind current trends for interiors and fashion in my part of the world (northern Europe). Though as I look through magazines in Australia and the United States, I see these palettes as well so I think it’s safe to say that you most likely can find objects in your local town to pull together in order to build one of these looks at home for yourself. Enjoy!

Creative Sunday Afternoons

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

Wintery Walks In The Snow

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

Collections From Afar

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

Perfect Palettes + Anders Schønnemann Photography

I gravitate towards the Collections From Afar palette because I love the overall vibe though I’d be inclined to bring in some violet accents and on that gorgeous creamy sideboard with the paper lamp I can imagine my white ceramic vase filled with branches in the winter months and in the spring, pink cherry blossoms as I think pink would be a great accent for the Collections from Afar palette in the spring/summer, moving into the Fall add in some persimmon perhaps and in the winter, violet….

Which palette speaks to you, if any? Why? What feelings does it give you? What do you like about it? What elements can you bring into your own home? What do you already have at home that you could use to build one of these looks, even just in a corner or small room, to try it out?

(images: Anders Schønnemann)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply notabilia December 3, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Creative Sunday Afternoons, for sure. I love that chartreuse. Wintery Walks in the Snow is quite beautiful but doesn’t appeal to me now that we live in the tropics ;).

• Reply nathalie December 3, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Holly, your post is brilliant !!! i am a “from afar” kind of girl :) natural pale wood, potteries and coton/wool/linen fabrics … it is calming, fresh, pure, grounding, elemental, and as you say : earthy, and gives me a great sense of freedom and space to breath. You are right, this style travels well through the year around, welcoming little touches of colours depending on the seasons.
    I would bring in self-made potteries … if only I could find a pottery class in Bordeaux !!!!

ps : how do you make palets of colours from photos ?

• Reply decor8 December 3, 2010 at 3:43 pm

@Nathalie – I just look at the colors in the photographs and then create these little swatches using the rounded rectangle tool in Photoshop CS3. :)

• Reply alicia December 3, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Wow, I love the top one, creative sunday afternoons. I can’t stop looking at it, plus I’m partial to the name. Maybe I’ll try the extra-long droopy ribbons on my gift wrapping this year.

• Reply leslie December 3, 2010 at 4:29 pm

ALL three palettes speak to me! My goodness your post rocks -I love how you pulled out the colors for us…that tower of gifts in the first set is pretty darn amazing. Fabulous winter light. Thank you!!!

• Reply Lauren December 3, 2010 at 5:43 pm

So inspiring!!!

Love them all, but that Wintery Walks In The Snow palette is stunning!

• Reply Lila December 3, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I am in love with the From a far palette. The freshness combo of pale colors and natural texture. Buddha. very nurturing to me.
    Have a lovely week-end,
    Namaste ;-)

PS : I wish I add photoshop CS3 .. looks like a great creative tool…

• Reply Ada @ New York December 3, 2010 at 6:32 pm

They are all beautiful!!! I ho resnate with the 1st collection … bec of the hints of warm colors within it .. the pinks/magenta, yellow … so it feels like winter season being at home sitting by the fireplace while it’s snowing outside :)

• Reply Katie December 3, 2010 at 6:36 pm

My vote goes to Collections From Afar – the cream just speaks “real life” to me, a color palette that I could definitely put together. Plus a little bit of mint in there..mmm.

• Reply jenn December 3, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I love the creative sunday afternoon palette. I am always drawn to grays and blues, and that punch of yellow is nice little bright spot for me.

• Reply Nix December 3, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Wintery Walks is a great palette. I love the cool but warming tones. We have a lot of rustic pieces in our home and dark brown wicker that I think would go great with these. I could definitely see our kitchen going quite well with this as we have a silver and glass theme.

Above is some of the element we currently have that I could see going well with the cool winter palette.

Very great palettes. I could see adding very wild accent colors to bring a vibrant eye catching look, as well.

Best,
    N

• Reply Nicole December 3, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Collections from Afar is my absolute fave! I have similar color tones in my house and they are very calming and just go so well together. xo

• Reply janis - pinecone camp December 3, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Beautiful winter prettiness. I love your colour palette. You do have a way ;)
    Have a good weekend.

• Reply Viki December 3, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I’ve just found this blog during the week, but I can’t go away form my laptop! And this portfolio is absoutaly brilliant! I LOVE the white colour, and The Creative Sunday afternoon matches to my style! My little flat in the Eastern Europe looks like that, white with some vibrating colour….

• Reply Lana December 3, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I like Collections From Afar. The colors are cool and wintry (with just a bit of warmth with that last swatch) but not too harsh. I have warm creamy colors on my walls now, but I am considering going with a pale dove gray when we repaint.

• Reply Nathalie December 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I totally agree – Collections from Afar is so elegant, warm and understated. The pale mustard colour is key. Just a lamp shade would do …

• Reply Jenn December 3, 2010 at 9:33 pm

This post makes me want to curl up with some cocoa on a cloudy day. The combination of muted tones with sparks of color is perfect. The day may be grey, but it is still full of cheer. Well chosen.

• Reply Wanda December 3, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Love the Collections From Afar palette. The colors are very clean and modern with just the right touch of nostalgia!

• Reply Gwyneth December 3, 2010 at 9:57 pm

What a wonderful photographer, thanks so much for sharing.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 3, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Ahh….these are just gorgeous Holly. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration! They all speak to me on some level but, the last two are my faves. Is it silly that I would want to mix them together? :) I hope you have a beautiful weekend hunnie!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Haylee December 4, 2010 at 4:49 am

Well I have clearly been living under a rock until now because I am just finding you’re amazing blog. Seriously this has to be the most inspirational blog I’ve ever laid my eyes on.
    Personally I’m drawn to the Collections from Afar palette. Those are actually a lot of the colors I am using to redesign my room right now!

• Reply Harry Hilders December 6, 2010 at 7:38 pm

I like the first picture. These chairs are the right colour with the background!

• Reply Sibylle December 7, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I love the Afar palette! pale colors, minimalist and some accents here and there! I found this beautiful old sewing machine in our basement from the tenant before and painted the table that came with it. It makes a beautiful accents in our home : http://fun.kyti.me/index.php/2010/10/sew-dang-cute-1942-sewing-machine/

• Reply decor8 December 7, 2010 at 2:52 pm

@Sibylle – My mother had the same sewing machine, she used her trusty black Singer all during my childhood and teenage years, I think she kept it until I was in my twenties. It’s a beautiful piece. Does yours work?