Books + Magazines

Anthology Magazine

December 8, 2010

Today I received a thoughtful gift from fellow blogger Anh-Minh Le who is now the co-founder and Editor In Chief of Anthology magazine (yay!). What did she send? A copy of the premiere issue of Anthology for Fall. It’s lovely!

Anthology Magazine

The magazine encourages, “Living With Substance & Style“, words I agree with 100% — especially the “substance” part as good style is nice but being a person with substance, now that is what seals the deal for me when it comes to selecting friends and when it comes to what I read — I want to feel as though I’m getting something for my money because let’s face it, there’s a lot of information out there. In order for me to pay for what I could normally get for free online, it has to have substance. Anthology looks as though I’m going to get that and I can’t wait to dig in and read it. I did have a look at the images and they are quite dreamy…

Anthology Magazine

Anthology Magazine

Anthology Magazine

Thank you Anh-Minh for sending me a copy way over here in Germany. You did a great job, both you and your creative director, Meg Matteo Ilasco. I wish you both the best of luck with your publication going forward and I will definitely order your next issue. Bravo, ladies!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply molly December 8, 2010 at 7:34 pm

oh, it looks so lovely!

• Reply Nikki December 8, 2010 at 7:38 pm

love, love, love the KRISATOMIC cover.

• Reply Jane December 8, 2010 at 8:12 pm

It is indeed lovely. I had look at the pages from the open version. Though I never quite understand why some things are shipped to the UK and not to Germany. I mean we are bordering countries and a lot closer than let’s say LA and NY. Where is the globalization when you actually need it? ;)

• Reply decor8 December 8, 2010 at 8:48 pm

@Jane – Not sure either, I often wonder the same thing. Maybe Anthology can answer your question if they read through these comments.

• Reply STYLIZIMO December 8, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Oh, great! I love you check out new magazines! I have a 12 hour flight ahead of me tomorrow (Moving back to Norway from LA! :)), and I need something to read on the plane. I hope I´ll find it at LAX :)
    Hugs, Nina

• Reply decor8 December 8, 2010 at 8:47 pm

@Stylizimo – You won’t find it at LAX as it is an independent publication so you can only find in a handful of shops and online via their website. By the way, welcome back to Europe Nina, it’s time to come home now for you, huh? I didn’t know you were moving back!

• Reply Yvonne December 8, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Oh great you are on good terms with the editor. I subscribed a long time ago and then they sent my money back because they don’t ship to Germany. That was such a disappointment! I know there may be issues why not but I was so looking forward to it. Maybe you could ask them why Germany has been excluded from their list of recipients.
    Yvonne

• Reply decor8 December 8, 2010 at 9:03 pm

@Yvonne – I agree, I think they would do well to reach out to Germany too as many here are online (heck, even the European Etsy headquarters is in Berlin now). I’d personally love to see that but I’m sure it all comes to money though I think none of us have a problem paying extra for shipping. It’s most likely something to do with fulfillment on their end.

• Reply Laura K. Aiken December 8, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Oh I love love magazines, this one looks simular to SKIRT! Hope to see it soon.
    laura.

• Reply Anh-Minh December 8, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Holly – Thanks so much for this post! And yes, you are correct about our shipping limitations being tied to fulfillment. We’re hoping that as we grow, we’ll be able to expand our reach to other countries. So it’s a definite possibility and something that we want to do as well.

Yvonne – I do remember your order. Unfortunately, we can’t offer sales to every country at this time and decided to include only Canada and the UK (in addition to the US). What it comes down to is, we thought this is what we could manage from an operations standpoint. As I mentioned to Holly above, that could very well change in the future.

• Reply Helena December 8, 2010 at 10:55 pm

What a beautiful beautiful issue!!!! Thanks for posting!

• Reply Cath December 8, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Lovely! I’ve been seeing a ton of press on this magazine (just ordered it… can’t wait!)

• Reply STYLIZIMO December 8, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Oh, that’s a shame. I guess I have to find something else to read on the plane then :) I have to check it out online then. Thanks for telling me, Holly.

Yes, I’m moving back to Norway. I miss having 4 seasons and I want to stay closer to family and friends since we are planning to have a baby soon.
    I’m really excited to come back and to get busy shopping Scandinavian design. I’ve missed all the cute boutiques we have in Norway. I loved the post you had about Danish Decorating Trends btw. It made me miss Europe even more:)

• Reply decor8 December 9, 2010 at 12:03 am

@Stylizimo – I don’t even know you and I think moving back to your homeland to have a baby, especially Norway, is a great idea. What did you honestly think of living in America? My husband liked the innovation, relatively friendly people (remember we lived in New England LOL) and the opportunities there but he craved his German homeland so we moved back. I LOVE IT HERE.

• Reply winter December 8, 2010 at 11:33 pm

LOVE!

• Reply Carmella December 8, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Have you ever wanted to read a magazine just because of the font used on the front cover? Too great!

• Reply Ele December 8, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Thanks for this, Holly. Looks lovely, I’m always interested in new/different magazines. I’m tempted to order one as an “early Christmas present” to myself, only I seem to be using that line a lot lately…

• Reply Tris December 9, 2010 at 2:44 am

Love your blog!

• Reply Caroline December 9, 2010 at 3:43 am

Lovely – oh yes I need to get my hands on a copy. The layout looks beautiful.

• Reply Coco December 9, 2010 at 10:48 am

that looks sooo good! I want one, i want one, i want one! I’m going to ask my mom to get me one ;-) she visits the USA quite often and is going to Miami end of this month. Hopefully she can find an issue there or buy it online for me :) thx Holly for the photo’s!

• Reply Kate December 9, 2010 at 12:53 pm

It’s so exciting to see a new print publication… and it looks like they put together some really inspired work! There’s just something so satisfying about holding a real magazine… especially because favorite details really come through in the third or fourth time flipping through. Online magazines are wonderful, but the reading experience is just different. Thank you for sharing this (I also love the styling of the magazine on the table)

• Reply STYLIZIMO December 9, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Well, I guess it depends on where you live in America, but for me Los Angeles is city that has too much of a façade..things look good on the outside, but maybe not so much when you get on the inside. But, I do like how friendly and attentive Americans are. They are also curious and love to talk, and that is something I will miss in Norway. We are very quite people LOL :)
    I also admire how Americans believe in themselves. In Norway people tend to lack that self-belief and to follow their dreams.
    I attend to bring these qualities with me back to Norway :)
    //Nina

• Reply evieandme December 9, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I love the silver dala horse on the first photo – do you know the source?

• Reply decor8 December 9, 2010 at 9:28 pm