Home

Pantone Color Forecast: Spring 2011

December 10, 2010

Pantone is THE global color authority for the fashion and home industry so I shared their Spring 2011 color forecast with Real Simple readers today (view it here) because I was so inspired by the palette. Here is a pretty little presentation that I’ve put together for you to view these colors — maybe as you look at them you can think of which ones you’d like to try in a room scheme…

Pantone Color Forecast: Spring 2011

Pantone Color Forecast: Spring 2011

Pantone Color Forecast: Spring 2011

Over at Real Simple, I also shared a few things in my home since it seems that rather unknowingly, I had a feeling for pink before it was predicted to be the color of the year. I guess when you work with interiors and are around products long enough, you just start to get a feel for things, don’t you? You must find this true of yourself, blogging and the internet makes us all feel pretty tuned in to what’s going on out there.

Did you know that Pantone has a gorgeous PDF to download each year that is filled with color inspiration for the season to come, from some of today’s top fashion designers? Oh yes. I’ve been downloading it for years. In it, you’ll read various expert opinions from a panel of fashion designers who talk about what inspired their color choices and overall collection and which ones they believe will work well together in your closet (my favorite part) — though you can also try the same suggestions in your living room.

Here are some colors that I think work together from the 10 shown above:

• For a mid century modern enthusiast: Mix Coral Rose, Russet and Beeswax.
  • For a modern, contemporary home that is also warm: Mix Color Rose, Russet and Regatta.
  • For a fresh Moroccan vibe: Regatta and Blue Curacao all the way! Add Silver Cloud, too.
  • For a little cool sophistication try: Regatta, Blue Curacao, Lavender and Silver Cloud.
  • For some spice why not go with: Coral Rose, Honeysuckle, Russet and Beeswax.

See a favorite or two? What colors do you see working well together in a room?

(images: pantone)

19 Comments

• Reply jon December 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm

i’m a little embarrassed to admit that I thought “honeysuckle” would be a yellow color and not pink. lol! loving the blue curacao

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 6:29 pm

@Jon – I know, right? I thought THE SAME THING. I don’t ever think of honeysuckle as pink. It seems the Lonicera caprifolium species (and yes, I had to google that LOL) is pink but I guess Lonicera caprifolium was a little long so Honeysuckle Pink sounded better. I almost wonder though, why not name a color something that sounds identifiable to most people — like “Bubblegum Pink” or “Petal Pink” or “Pink Grapefruit”. I know other friends of mine have said the same, “Honeysuckle?, huh?”

• Reply pilli pilli December 10, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Such an inspiring palette, indeed!
    I’m looking forward to start using and wearing the beeswax, peapod and lavender… (with a touch of silver cloud perhaps)
    They look so sweet and fresh toghether!!!
    :o)

*hearts*
    & have a lovely weekend!
    pilli pilli

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 6:36 pm

@Pilli Pilli – That sounds like a great combination, I never thought to put those together. I’m going to go back and look at the colors and try to imagine it. ;)

• Reply Stacey December 10, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Ooh! I guess this means I’m ahead of the trend, because my living room wall has been painted honeysuckle for a year now!

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm

@Stacey – Yes you are, of course, so you are a trend maker!!! :)

• Reply Lauren December 10, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Great colors! So pretty!

I’m really loving the honeysuckle, russet and silver cloud as a combo! And I am obsessed with blue curacao…gorgeous!

• Reply Vanessa Elizabeth December 10, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Such a good find, thanks for sharing it! I would use peapod, silver peony and blue curacao

• Reply Justine December 10, 2010 at 7:47 pm

So exciting!! Hopefully there will be some peapod tights for sale somewhere. I’ve been looking for some everywhere to go with a fab cream vintage dress I have. Thanks for posting this.

• Reply Ele December 10, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I always look forward to Pantone’s forecast, ever since my days as a fashion student. I’m loving Beeswax, Regatta and Silver Cloud from this group.

• Reply Michaela December 10, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I’m loving the Honeysuckle color! It’s so fun to see which colors are predicted, and then interesting, because somehow they’re always right!

• Reply Danielle December 10, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Yeah for pink….my favorite color for like ever!!!!
    ps…love your Nabucco pattern pillow!

• Reply Erica Cooper December 12, 2010 at 12:25 am

Oh the colors are so warm, light and lovely. A bit refreshing with all of the pinks and corals. I love them… how fun are those going to be to wear and decorate with!?
    Thanks for sharing…

• Reply Sugar & Spice Event Design December 12, 2010 at 4:17 am

“bees wax” look likes great color to play with during the summer. Im a fan!

• Reply Post-College Working Girl December 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I know that honeysuckle is THE color for this spring….but I secretly think it’s beeswax. Also, silver peony has a special place in my heart.

• Reply Laura Marie December 12, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Love this post! (Especially the Moroccan vibe) Thanks for sharing! :)

• Reply Genelle December 12, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Oooooh how I love this palette! And the Pantone PDF! Wow! Love that!

• Reply Christy B February 23, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I’m enjoying seeing these colors everywhere in fashion and I’d love to see more interiors embrace them as well. I am DYING to paint my bedroom in Honeysuckle, but my boyfriend is quite adamant that he DOES NOT want a pink room! I’m sure I can convert him though, LOL :) I also wrote an article for ChicGalleria about how to use the colors in your home

• Reply Rose March 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Talking about pink, that reminds me that many years ago, I painted our bedroom what was known as fushia pink, pretty similar to the honeysuckle. My husband lived with it as long as he could take it, and then we neutralised the room by painting it white for a good year or so. He had to create a literal white wash to shake off the pink. That was long before pink became an acceptable colour for men to indulge in. LOL