Shopping + Products

Pretty Things From Le Souk

December 10, 2010

My friend Danielle just added some new items to Le Souk, her online shop based in the Netherlands. She only sells what she’d use to decorate her own beautiful home located outside of Amsterdam in the countryside, so her products all work together perfectly since she has a very defined style that is simple, clean, natural with a global feel. Danielle loves to travel, her finds reflect this — she loves Turkish, Moroccan, Dutch and Danish design styles, especially when the more ethnic pieces are on the neutral, modern side. Here are a few of my favorite things from her current collection of pretty things.

Pretty Things From Le Souk
Pretty Things From Le Souk
A. Large Pinecone Heart, B. Grey Ibiza Pouffe with white embroidery, C. Crocheted Raffia Stool (also available in black with a darker wood base), D. Purple Teasel Pillow by Danish brand By Nord, E. Wool Rose Pillow with insert, F. Grey Suzani Pouffe with white embroidery, G. Handmade Coffee Pot Porto in white porcelain from Spanish brand Sargadelos, H. Bird Ornaments from Ferm Living, set of 5. I. Baldi leather bag by Dutch brand Tadei (available in several colors) and J. Handmade Tea Pot Porto in white porcelain from Spanish brand Sargadelos.

Pretty Things From Le Souk

Pretty Things From Le Souk

I love seeing the teasel pillow and the rose pillow in-situ, it makes me want them even more!

So tell me, what would you love to bring into your cozy nest this winter? I like them all but especially B, E, H, I and J!

(images: le souk)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Tina December 10, 2010 at 11:50 am

Very pretty, would love a couple of those pillows and poufs! :-)

• Reply Traviesa Diseño Libre December 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I love pillows and birds!!!And all in this blog!!!!
    It´s so cute!!!

Me encantan los cojines y los pajaros!!!Y todo lo de este blog!!!
    Es tan lindo!!!

• Reply montse December 10, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Lovely. Great post and Le Souk has beautiful things! Just about a year ago I bought some turkish towels and one of herbeautiful hammam bowls. By the way Sargadelos is from Portugal not Spain. Funny how things are: I saw one of the teapots in the Barcelona shop a few days ago and they reminded me of you nad your style decorating your german apartment.

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm

@Montse – Thank you for letting me know, I’ll research that. On her item description she wrote, “This Spanish label is one of Europe’s most unique porcelain design and creation companies,” so I assumed it was a Spanish brand.

• Reply Erin - The Smallest Sparrow December 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Gorgeous goods! My personal favorite is “E”. I happen to be just the slightest bit obsessed with the rosette trend. Hearts seem to be big right now too as evidenced by “A”. Love the photos. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 12:52 pm

@Belinda – Perhaps you can email Danielle – she is so helpful when things are sold out. I went on a wait list for a teapot she once had and it came in within a month or two.

• Reply belinda December 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm

so beautiful – danielle has yet to stock something i dislike! darn it, though, the grey ibiza pouffe (“B”) is already sold out :(

• Reply Ele December 10, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Agreed, that rose pillow is lovely! It and the Sargadelos pots are my favourites.

• Reply belinda December 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm

thanks holly – i will! x

• Reply Dar December 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm

B,F,E,G! Really, any of your picks would be quite welcome in my home. Beautiful!

• Reply Traviesa Diseño Libre December 10, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Sargadelos is from Galicia, north of Spain, not Portugal….I´m from there, and I´m sure because is the tipical ceramic of my land….Montse is mistaken. :)

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 6:14 pm

@Traviesa – Thank you too!!!

• Reply Laura December 10, 2010 at 4:31 pm

I confirm that Sargadelos is a Spanish brand. They are based in Galicia, the region where Santiago de Compostela is. Maybe the fact that their website is in Galician can lead to confusion because that language is very similar to Portuguese.
    I’m a big fan of them, the two pieces shown here are gorgeous. I always loved their mix of contemporary and traditional look. Nearly all houses of people I know in Galicia have some Sargadelos items. My mother has a wonderful coffee set I hope I will inherit one day :-)

• Reply decor8 December 10, 2010 at 6:14 pm

@Laura – Thank you for confirming that my text was accurate then, that makes me feel good. :)

• Reply Ingen vanlig dag December 10, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Nice things. I really liked the Raffia stool. Cute.

• Reply Lucia December 10, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I love her shop, I wish I could buy her beautiful products from here!!!

• Reply Chuzai Living December 10, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I love E and I!!! I would love to have those pillow cases in my living room!!

• Reply sandra lund December 11, 2010 at 7:13 am

I love B, C and F the most :-)