Karen Barbé Textile Designer

Want to peek in on a very creative lady? I feel so stuck on gift wrap and paper products lately which is quite obvious over the past few days, right!? Well my cute friends, I promise to branch out so let’s switch gears and look at this super amazing textile designer, Karen Barbé (it sounds like saying Barbie in a thick French accent I imagine) who lives in Santiago, Chile. She creates beautiful bed linens, fabric squares, pillows and all sorts of crafty things that are available for sale in her online shop. Look at all of this fantastic pattern and color! Eep!

Karen Barbé Textile Designer

Karen Barbé Textile Designer

Karen Barbé Textile Designer

Karen Barbé Textile Designer

In her shop you can find pretty scarves too (see above).

And you must check out her tree! She used bottle caps from things around her home that she has been collecting, cut them into circles, and decorated her pretty fab tree. Amazing!
Karen Barbé Textile Designer

What a cool, crafty lady Karen is! I love her blog and the glimpses of her home and handmade work, it’s so inspiring, definitely a new favorite blog of mine!

(images: karen barbe)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on December 17, 2010

1. Liz commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 12:53am

I LOVE her blog too! She is an amazing and inspiring textile designer!

2. janis - pinecone camp commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 1:51am

Beautiful designs. That little weaving loom would be a perfect gift! Got to go and check out her shop and blog now.
    Night!
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..Baked formerly known as Baked On Monday!

3. trish commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 3:14am

home spun love! fresh + happy designs. eye candy:)
    ox t
    trish´s last blog post ..wouldnt mind to find under the tree

4. Alicia Souza commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 5:00am

Karen Barbe (barbie:) has to be one of the loveliest textile designers around!

5. Gretchen commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 6:23am

Thank you so much for posting this! I lived in Santiago for six months a few years ago (I’m from the States), and while I look back on that experience fondly, I never associated Chile with the fresh, natural designs I see from Karen. Artificial fibers were prevalent in both clothing and furnishings, and I never came across anything there that I thought of as innovative. This post has really reminded me that my experience was just MY experience- there is a whole lot more to Santiago.

Also- loving the shots of her parquet floors- every house I went to in Chile had parquet floors!
    Gretchen´s last blog post ..Christmas Around the House

6. laura evans commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 7:42am

those duvet covers are gorgeous … i want one! & the scarf is so pretty. off to check out the rest of her shop. have a great day!
    laura evans´s last blog post ..remember – whimsical fine art photographic print

7. Iris commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 11:38am

I like those crochet cushions!
    Iris´s last blog post ..Project

8. Tina commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 12:20pm

Very inspiring lady! :-)
    Tina´s last blog post ..What if

9. Andreia commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 12:43pm

This is lovely! Karen barbé is very talented! I’m delighted with her wor and creativity! Thanks Holly for this great post!

10. hearttypat commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 2:04pm

lovely designs! I need a bed cover… badly!
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..found! Deeshine Jewelery giveaway!

11. Erin - The Smallest Sparrow commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 2:53pm

Love, love, love! I am especially enamored with the fabric tiles. Such a great idea!

Thanks, Holly, for the intro to Karen Barbe. I’ve just added her blog to my blogroll. I love meeting talented designers from around the globe on your blog. You make me feel like a citizen of the world!
    Erin – The Smallest Sparrow´s last blog post ..Christmas Tree Tee and Matching Hair Clip

12. Carmella commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 3:33pm

Loved her photos, her work, her colors. Thanks, Holly!
    Carmella´s last blog post ..Natural Light – 2

13. María commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 4:53pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely

nice wknd…
    María´s last blog post ..MAESTRO DE LA LUZ

14. Mariela commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 4:58pm

Very lovely, amazing textile designer.
    Mariela´s last blog post ..Iris te presenta sus últimas novedades

15. Jane commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 5:03pm

Can I just say that I am so very much looking forward to your book??? I am excited like I last was as a little child the night before Christmas ;) Have a fab and relaxing white Christmassy weekend. xox

16. decor8 commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 5:27pm

@Jane – THANK YOU so much! I am sick today so it felt wonderful to hear your words of encouragement and support! xo

17. decor8 commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 5:27pm

@Erin – You are so cute — you’re welcome! xo

18. Karen commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 6:58pm

Hi Holly,
    I wanted to thank you for this amazing post. I’m so honoured to see my work featured here! Love the way you’ve had arranged the images and especially what you’ve written. And you noticed about my surname!! Though it’s not that difficult to pronounce, people in Chile have trouble understanding it and Americans always say it like Barbie hahaha. And I’m delighted to read what others feel and see within my designs.

Wish you a lovely holiday season and hope you feel well soon.
    Karen´s last blog post ..Luck

19. Lindsey commented
    December 18th, 2010 at 6:01am

I think the best word to describe Karen’s work is refreshing. Its absolutely beautiful. The fabrics that are used on the pillows are clean and bright without being too much.

20. Melissa commented
    December 18th, 2010 at 6:26am

TOTALLY agree with Lindsey. Absolutely STUNNING fabrics!

21. Naomi commented
    December 19th, 2010 at 12:55am

GREAT BLOG! and so inspiring!!

xoxox
    Naomi´s last blog post ..If I sleep what will I dream of this time

22. Elisabeth commented
    December 19th, 2010 at 4:52pm

Oh Karen’s imagnination and aesthetics is so great :)

Happy Christmas Holly! /E.

23. toscaberries commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 11:52am

hai holly, i’m fans of decor8, thankyu so much for posting this, you made me now adore Karen so much for her inspiring works! I made accessories from plastic caps & lids also, your post really bring new spirit for me^_^

happy holliday! xo
    toscaberries´s last blog post ..plastic caps collector