Marga Marina

Love rubber stamps? Into forest themes? Do you like to find unique cards to give to your friends? Yes, yes, yes! I do! So then, it’s time to meet Marga Marina who really is the talented Tine Pagenberg, an illustrator who lives nearby in Bielefeld, Germany which is a lovely town located between the northern and southern Teutoburg forest. I’m guessing Tine finds her inspiration from her town and all of the natural beauty around her, it’s hard to not dream of pastel bears and foxes with picnic baskets when you live near a German forest, the place where fairy tales and magic come to life. She makes rubber stamps, postcards, brooches, pillows and many other crafty things available in her cute DaWanda shop.

Marga Marina

Marga Marina

Marga Marina

I was so excited when my package arrived today and I pulled out three sets of rubber stamps: “Nachteule” which means Night Owl, “Hörnchen” and on the package there are chipmunks which we don’t have in Germany, but they from the Hörnchen family but would technically be called Streifenhörnchen, and “Igel” which are hedgehogs. In the package I found some lovely cards and tags too. Now I have to use my stamps for some crafty projects. :)

I can really see Tine’s work being licensed and sold on products, can’t you? I’d love to see her work in stores, she is so talented and has a very cohesive collection and her style is very unique and special. I’m a big fan of Marga Marina and hope that you like her work too. There are so many talented German illustrators over here, and designers in general — it’s fun to be able to share some of them with you from time to time. :)

(images: photographs taken by holly becker, all others from marga marina)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts, stationery on December 17, 2010

1. Brooke H commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 5:40pm

Such cute cards! I especially like the bunting flags through the antlers and the white owl of corse. Thanks for sharing her work. Its always great to discover new (to me) illustrators.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Costume Illustration- Giorgio Armani

2. Laura Gaskill commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 7:00pm

Um, yes, yes, and yes! Tine’s work is right up my alley, I would love to own some of her prints as they would play so nicely with art I already own, I can see it now! :)
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Parcel Pressies

3. trish commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 7:03pm

happy + magical, love the fox and the owl. danka. have a happy!:) ox t
    trish´s last blog post ..wouldnt mind to find under the tree

4. Maria Kallin commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 7:45pm

She is so very talented, I love her style!
    Maria Kallin´s last blog post ..The Jet – 8×8 Fine Art Photo

5. Moniek commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 8:35pm

Wauw, beautiful cards, and used colors.

6. Stacey Sargent commented
    December 17th, 2010 at 10:01pm

Wow, these are amazing! The colors are gorgeous!

7. desicloe commented
    December 20th, 2010 at 1:35pm

these prints are really beautiful. I love the style and the colors choice…they create an atmosphere soft and dreamy!

8. Fresh Design Blog commented
    December 20th, 2010 at 5:37pm

These are brilliant, I love them!
    Fresh Design Blog´s last blog post ..Wooden tree coaster set from Leaf