Decorating Tips

Interior Styling: December Inspiration

December 20, 2010

I just love looking through the decor8 Interior Styling group on Flickr, there are 2,700+ talented ladies in this group who submit photos showing beautifully styled rooms and corners of their home… it’s such an inspiration to see! Would you like to look through a few of my recent favorites? I’ve posted them below… See if you can spot any decorating ideas for your own nest in the beautiful presentations below.

Interior Styling: December Inspiration

||| LOVELY LINES ||| Nulka, Simply Grove, Dora iz Londona, Designace30. |||

Interior Styling: December Inspiration

||| HEAVENLY SCENTS ||| Machteld M, Ohhh…Mhhh…, Nulka, herz-allerliebst. |||

Interior Styling: December Inspiration

||| MERRY + BRIGHT ||| jutta, dsgndbyrj, jutta, sweet berry me. |||

Interior Styling: December Inspiration

||| CRAFTY AT HOME ||| debee{art}, Saídos da Concha, ishtar olivera, Lou Lou and Oscar. |||

Interior Styling: December Inspiration

||| SUBTLE BEAUTY ||| herz-allerliebst, irideeën, ivy style33, herz-allerliebst. |||

Lots of nice decorating ideas, right? To see full size views of the images above, please click on the links that you see below each grouping of photos. Enjoy!

(images above are linked to their sources.)

31 Comments

• Reply Twiggs December 20, 2010 at 6:23 pm

beautiful inspiration holly!!!! i recognize come friends here… and it is lovely to explore others for they excellent taste! have a great week! happy holidays! twiggs

• Reply Monika December 20, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I just love the decorative look of candy sticks – they are not so popular here in Poland, but if I don’t get them anywhere in a store, then I will try to make by myself, because they are sooo pretty.

• Reply Steffi December 20, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Ohhh, what a surprise, thanks for posting the picture of my Fensterbank, Holly! That’s lovely. And it is so much fun beeing in your styling group. It’s a lovely challenge with no pressure at all just fun. And it’s such a big inspiration pool. Thanks a lot for that! And have a lovely eveing! xo Steffi

• Reply Viv December 20, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Great ideas, I love it, that wreath is so adorable!

• Reply Jessie December 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I love the upside down candy canes! Are they around a candle?

• Reply Holly December 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for the inspirations! LOVE Christmas decor!

• Reply Marcela December 20, 2010 at 7:39 pm

LOVE all the inspiration!
    Happy Christmas and happy new year!!!!!!
    Marce

• Reply Michelle @ Sweet Something Design December 20, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Holly,
    Thank you for the link, I appreciate it! Hope you are staying warm! Merry Christmas!

Michelle

To Answer Jessie, yes, the candy canes are around a tall pillar candle, I secured them with a rubberband and used ribbon to hide it.

• Reply Ludmila {creamylife.com} December 20, 2010 at 8:17 pm

That red R is fabulous! Love this post, Holly! so many gorgeous pictures!

• Reply machteld December 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Thanks for posting my hyacinth picture!! Your collages are wonderful!

• Reply JJ December 20, 2010 at 8:44 pm

love the colors!

• Reply Vanessa Elizabeth December 20, 2010 at 8:47 pm

So many fun ideas! I’m so excited for Christmas this year!

• Reply janis - pinecone camp December 20, 2010 at 10:00 pm

These are worth a long look. What a talented bunch of women. Great ideas for anytime of the year.

• Reply Alyssa December 20, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I love the A bookend…such a great look!

• Reply Minnie December 20, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Oh my gosh, I can’t get enough of these beautifully styled photos. It’s a great source of inspiration. I usually just file things away in my mind and when I’m ready to redo a table, bookcase or wall, somehow, voila, I somehow know what to do with all my things for an arrangement that speaks to me and makes me feel my home is a great place to be in.

• Reply Laura Gaskill December 21, 2010 at 12:09 am

Oh, just gorgeous!! I love your interior styling group, Holly – even though I have been a bit of a slacker myself and haven’t contributed for a while, there is so much visual inspiration to be found there, I just love it! That first group of shots you chose is so cute with all of the peppermint-candy stripes :)

Hope your week is off to a good start! xo Laura

• Reply jenn December 21, 2010 at 12:26 am

I love looking through the interior styling flickr group. There’s always so much inspiration and design goodness. My favorite out of the lovely photos you’re featuring is the ladder up the side of the books. So cute! I also really like the *R* filled with ornaments. What a great idea!

• Reply Kristin Johnsen December 21, 2010 at 2:58 am

GREAT stuff – I particularly liked the letter A atop the books – with the small ladder leading up to it – and the Red “R” with ornaments – wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing all of these – fun places all!

• Reply Kristin Johnsen December 21, 2010 at 2:59 am

OOOPS! Should have read Jenn’s comments first – and just could have said “ditto”!

• Reply Christine December 21, 2010 at 3:40 am

WOW. talk about inspiration, such beautiful images! I’m going to have to peruse through this group asap!

I love the little ladder going up the pile of books – how adorable!

• Reply happy mrs c December 21, 2010 at 4:36 am

So lovely, I adore the soft lighting used in these photos. They are truly amazing. I live the white books with the ladder and the letter A.

• Reply simplygrove December 21, 2010 at 6:33 am

Thanks for including my office Holly!!!!! What a great group to be with:) Merry almost Christmas!! xxoo

• Reply Krystal @ Gallery Wall Art December 21, 2010 at 6:36 am

Some really nice ideas. I like the wreath in particular.

• Reply color December 21, 2010 at 9:10 am

love all the inspiration…wonderful!

• Reply Iris December 21, 2010 at 10:01 am

Thanks for including me Holly, that is such a nice surprise. Hope you have warm and cosy holidays!
    Iris

• Reply Mariela December 21, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Great photos, inspirations and ideas. Lovely!

• Reply Jutta December 21, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for including my photos! I love the Interior Styling group, it’s so full of inspiration. I can spend ages going through it.

• Reply Anna @ IHOD December 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Oh how gorgeous! I absolutely love the candy canes around the candle!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply hena tayeb December 21, 2010 at 3:59 pm

gorgeous interiors.. i love the great big R and all the little details

• Reply Lisa December 21, 2010 at 10:53 pm

These are all just so wonderful! I can’t wait to try to make a granny square wreath — I’m working on a scarf right now, perhaps the squares can hang out on a wreath until after Christmas! And the star anise is just the most perfect, brilliant touch on that tray.

Oh I love them all!

• Reply Nona Mills December 22, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Hi Holly, I love SWAH. Did you also know about the store RESTORED? Same concept, but existing for a longer period. Very lovely people too. X Ellen