Listening To… Amy Seeley

Going forward into the new year I plan to toss up a quick weekly post called, “Listening To…” with the goal of sharing some of my favorite tunes with all of you. I think there is just so much amazing talent out there and because I get so much of my inspiration through music it seems like a natural fit to work it in somehow on decor8. So this week I’m listening to… Amy Seeley.

Plum-Coulee-Cover

Above is the stunning cover of her new album, Plum Coulee. I just adore the room… so let us look at it again, shall we?

Plum-Coulee-Cover

Oh yes, I still love it… beautiful. But I think I prefer seeing her in the room as the contrast of her gorgeous black dress looks so stunning in this white setting with that gorgeous concrete floor. Lovely. But beyond that, the music. Ah yes, the sound of Amy Seeley is perfection, like melting chocolate, raindrops against the window, the feeling of velvet on bare skin. I have her last album, Eight Belles, playing right now in fact. I’m listening to I’ve Got Ideas. Here are the lyrics…

I’ve got ideas that might make the paper someday
Got folded up maps showin’ where I’m gonna be
I’ve got dreams that could sail a boat to the east
Pages and pages and pages of drawings….
But that don’t mean so much
If you’re not in my story with me
.”

(images: amy seeley)

Posted by decor8 in music on December 22, 2010

1. Dolan Geiman commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 2:13pm

Thanks for the introduction to Amy’s sounds. I was looking for a last minute music gift for my lil’ Sis and this might just do the trick. Anxious to see what you throw our way each week. Cheers! DG

2. Raina Kattelson commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 3:21pm

Thanks for sharing- she is great!
    Raina Kattelson´s last blog post ..In The Moment

3. Sanja commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 3:53pm

I missed your choice of music :) it’s been so long since you last posted about it.

4. Jutta commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 4:17pm

Hehe, I misread the ending to say ‘But you’re not in my story with me’ and thought what a harsh way of breaking up with someone! But after reading it again I get a much more beautiful message :)

Your style shows even in the music you listen to, it’s great.
    Jutta´s last blog post ..Last year’s wreath

5. Lindsay commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 4:36pm

I like her. Voice sounds a bit like Leigh Nash. You might also like Stacy Lantz: Check out the track Pennies and Dimes: http://stacylantz.com/
    Lindsay´s last blog post ..Crafting on the shortest day of the year

6. Kristi Rittenhouse commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 4:38pm

i’ve also enjoyed amy seeleys music. i am looking forward to your “listening to” pieces in the future. love sharing good tunes.
    Kristi Rittenhouse´s last blog post ..faux hostess cupcake!

7. hearttypat commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:20pm

oh thank you for introducing her!! I got a new fave singer!
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..wedding day pictures – the preparations

8. Thea commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:25pm

Oh I just LOVE Amy Seeley! My friend Denise Andrade introduced me to her music and I have spent countless hours listening to her while editing photo sessions. It infuses such tenderness. I especially love her song Dream
    Thea´s last blog post ..Sharing Wisdom Fighting Irritability Guest Post with Amber

9. Veronica P commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:29pm

Fantastic! I love her sound. I got to see her in a coffee shop just outside Portland a while back. She’s so lovely.

10. Natasha commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 8:23pm

I am liking this introduction to a new weekly post. Good idea! I heartily approve.

11. Kirsty commented
    December 23rd, 2010 at 12:53am

This is some of Amy’s best work. I simply adore this new album.

12. emelina commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 2:36am

Beautiful. Thank you for posting about her. She deserves listening.