Listening To Amy Seeley

December 22, 2010

Going forward into the new year I plan to toss up a quick weekly post called, “Listening To…” with the goal of sharing some of my favorite tunes with all of you. I think there is just so much amazing talent out there and because I get so much of my inspiration through music it seems like a natural fit to work it in somehow on decor8. So this week I’m listening to… Amy Seeley.

Listening To Amy Seeley

Above is the stunning cover of her new album, Plum Coulee. I just adore the room… so let us look at it again, shall we?

Listening To Amy Seeley

Oh yes, I still love it… beautiful. But I think I prefer seeing her in the room as the contrast of her gorgeous black dress looks so stunning in this white setting with that gorgeous concrete floor. Lovely. But beyond that, the music. Ah yes, the sound of Amy Seeley is perfection, like melting chocolate, raindrops against the window, the feeling of velvet on bare skin. I have her last album, Eight Belles, playing right now in fact. I’m listening to I’ve Got Ideas. Here are the lyrics…

I’ve got ideas that might make the paper someday
Got folded up maps showin’ where I’m gonna be
I’ve got dreams that could sail a boat to the east
Pages and pages and pages of drawings….
But that don’t mean so much
If you’re not in my story with me

(images: amy seeley)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Dolan Geiman December 22, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Thanks for the introduction to Amy’s sounds. I was looking for a last minute music gift for my lil’ Sis and this might just do the trick. Anxious to see what you throw our way each week. Cheers! DG

• Reply Raina Kattelson December 22, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Thanks for sharing- she is great!

• Reply Sanja December 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I missed your choice of music :) it’s been so long since you last posted about it.

• Reply Jutta December 22, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Hehe, I misread the ending to say ‘But you’re not in my story with me’ and thought what a harsh way of breaking up with someone! But after reading it again I get a much more beautiful message :)

Your style shows even in the music you listen to, it’s great.

• Reply Lindsay December 22, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I like her. Voice sounds a bit like Leigh Nash. You might also like Stacy Lantz: Check out the track Pennies and Dimes:

• Reply Kristi Rittenhouse December 22, 2010 at 4:38 pm

i’ve also enjoyed amy seeleys music. i am looking forward to your “listening to” pieces in the future. love sharing good tunes.

• Reply hearttypat December 22, 2010 at 5:20 pm

oh thank you for introducing her!! I got a new fave singer!

• Reply Thea December 22, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Oh I just LOVE Amy Seeley! My friend Denise Andrade introduced me to her music and I have spent countless hours listening to her while editing photo sessions. It infuses such tenderness. I especially love her song Dream

• Reply Veronica P December 22, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Fantastic! I love her sound. I got to see her in a coffee shop just outside Portland a while back. She’s so lovely.

• Reply Natasha December 22, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I am liking this introduction to a new weekly post. Good idea! I heartily approve.

• Reply Kirsty December 23, 2010 at 12:53 am

This is some of Amy’s best work. I simply adore this new album.

• Reply emelina December 24, 2010 at 2:36 am

Beautiful. Thank you for posting about her. She deserves listening.