Swarm: New Finds From Leslie Oschmann

I woke up this morning thinking about Leslie Oschmann of Swarm, no clue why really, and so I thought I’d check out her website to see what she has been up to since I visited her atelier over the summer (read about that here). Well first things first, Leslie is blogging! I’m thrilled because now I can keep up with her work as she goes.

Swarm, Leslie Oschmann

Above are some of her latest creations… “Myriad” necklaces! When we were chatting in person, Leslie was talking about some of her ideas for jewelry making so it’s exciting for me to see the results above. I love how she used wooden discs and applied mini paintings to them on both sides so that you can flip them over to change the look of the necklace. Beautiful work, Leslie!

Swarm, Leslie Oschmann

Her new “Altered Ego” chairs are clever as well. Something once old and considered boring even is suddenly desirable again and has a quirky twist, I like that. It’s inspiring to see Leslie working on new projects and I can’t wait to see what 2011 brings for her.

(images: leslie oschmann)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on December 22, 2010

1. laura trevey commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 1:41pm

LOVE the mini paintings on the necklaces! Very cool ~~
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Holiday Decorating Ideas- Festive Banisters

2. Ana commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 4:29pm

These are lovely!
    Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great time with your loved ones!
    xx

3. hearttypat commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:11pm

I love quirky furnitures! If only there’s a cheaper way for me to get all these goodies to Singapore!
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..wedding day pictures – the preparations

4. Lisa commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:24pm

What a nifty idea to put the paintings on BOTH sides of the necklace! Just awesome :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..The big 4-0- part 4!

5. Dee commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:32pm

Oh my, I can’t take my eyes off those necklaces; they truly are a work of art. How amazing would one of those look look against a simple white tee?

6. Anna commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 5:45pm

her work is amazing. she has great ideas.
    Best,
    Anna
    Anna´s last blog post ..cozy comfort

7. Stacey commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 6:02pm

Those necklaces! They’re wonderful! Does she have an online shop? I didn’t notice one on her blog or website.
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Etsy Photography Love- A Life Through the Lens

8. Tracy Kunzler commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 8:54pm

I really CHAIRish these images and all the wonderful things you share here! Those necklaces are so organically beautiful and have inspired me with ideas! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday and terrific new year!
    Tracy Kunzler´s last blog post ..CHOOSE YOUR BREED Personalized Dog Print

9. Andreia commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 10:08pm

I love those chairs!

10. Danielle commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 10:57pm

Thanks for sharing…can’t wait to pop over to see what she creates b/c the upcyled chairs are pure genius!
    Danielle´s last blog post ..What to Wear Wednesdays

11. Pomme commented
    December 23rd, 2010 at 1:43am

I am now enamored with her work, especially with the idea behind them, taking old, maybe forgotten, pieces and making them new and functional again. Those bags are genius, I think! It is always a jolt of inspiration visiting your blog, Holly. Thank you, and have a nice Christmas.
    Pomme´s last blog post ..Apple of my Eye- plush home decor

12. Penny Patten commented
    December 23rd, 2010 at 2:09am

Very creative, I love unique chairs.
    Penny Patten´s last blog post ..Snow Princess

13. Marcela commented
    December 23rd, 2010 at 3:00am

Lovely chairs !!!
    Marcela´s last blog post ..NYC – Soapology

14. Jen commented
    January 3rd, 2011 at 4:38am

Oh my goodness! The concept of a hook on a chair for ladies to hang their purse on is incredible! Never mind that her work is resourceful AND gorgeous- GENIUS! Thank you Holly for sharing!