Artist Paola Zakimi

I came across the illustrations and paintings of artist Paola Zakimi of LaSrtaPil yesterday while I was out shopping with a new friend, Katja Behre, who is visiting from London. I found Paola’s work while flipping through a DaWanda lookbook at the Snug shop and instantly fell in love. Would you like to see why?

Paola Zakimi Illustrations

Paola Zakimi Illustrations

Paola Zakimi Illustrations

What’s not to love, right? And here are some of her paintings in-situ — I always like to see the art living in a space to get a better idea of how it would work in my own. These paintings are very interesting… I like the contrast of the black art against the crisp white wall. Her work would be beautiful in a children’s book.

Paola Zakimi Illustrations

Paola, who lives and works in Argentina, can be found online at her DaWanda shop, on Etsy and at her personal blog. In addition to her beautiful art, she also is a doll maker. Her drawings really speak to me… I wonder if her style speaks to you and if so, what does it say? Okay, other than “buyyyy meeeee”. :)

(images: paola zakimi)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on December 23, 2010

1. Brooke H commented
    December 23rd, 2010 at 11:49pm

She’s so talented! I especially like the paintings with the dark backgrounds. The dark saturated color creates such a nice mood. And I agree, I always love seeing art in a setting, as opposed to just the piece without any context.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Bridal Illustrations- Kate Middleton

2. Laura K. Aiken commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 12:22am

Oh Lordy Lordy I love these illustrations. A must have for me! Thanks Holly!
    laura.

3. mariel commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 1:34am

dice: talento!
    it said: talent!
    I am a fan of her work, makes me proud to know she is from my country. Hope to meet her one day.
    Congrats to you too for exposing young talents like Paola

4. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 3:37am

Beautiful. Thank you so very much for sharing her with us!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..We were kicked out of the emergency room today

5. sarah commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 5:17am

Thank you so much for the Etsy shop link…one of everything please!
    sarah´s last blog post ..Hollly Jolly- Around the World

6. ColleenwithMurals&More commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 5:51am

those eyes! I can’t decide whether they’re pensive, haunting or solemn. But they just draw you in!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    ColleenwithMurals&More´s last blog post ..Behind The Scenes – Part 4

7. les fifoles commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 2:15pm

JOYEUX NOEL!

Anne
    les fifoles´s last blog post ..Calendrier de lAvent24

8. Small Sweet Steps commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 5:03pm

I love it. There is a solemn sadness about it like a cloudy winter’s day. It speaks to me on a different level. It is more emotional.
    Small Sweet Steps´s last blog post ..Merry Christmas

9. jill commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 8:35pm

What a talented woman! I’m going to treat myself to one of her paintings.
    Thank you for the introduction!

10. Julie commented
    December 24th, 2010 at 10:26pm

Omigosh so cute! Reminds me of old school Lewis Carroll ala Alice in Wonderland…seemingly very innocent but there’s also something a little dark and deep about these illustrations. Great find, thanks for sharing!

xo-Julie

11. petra commented
    December 25th, 2010 at 2:09am

oh, love her work! thanks for sharing :)

12. jerusalem commented
    January 6th, 2011 at 8:52pm

ohhh i love her work. so dreamy. that is what it says to me…dream, dream, dream….

13. Paola Zakimi commented
    January 26th, 2011 at 1:30am

Dear Holly thank you so much for show my work, I feel very honored!
    all my love from Argentina.
    Paola