Arts + Crafts

Artist Paola Zakimi

December 23, 2010

I came across the illustrations and paintings of artist Paola Zakimi of LaSrtaPil yesterday while I was out shopping with a new friend, Katja Behre, who is visiting from London. I found Paola’s work while flipping through a DaWanda lookbook at the Snug shop and instantly fell in love. Would you like to see why?

Artist Paola Zakimi

Artist Paola Zakimi

Artist Paola Zakimi

What’s not to love, right? And here are some of her paintings in-situ — I always like to see the art living in a space to get a better idea of how it would work in my own. These paintings are very interesting… I like the contrast of the black art against the crisp white wall. Her work would be beautiful in a children’s book.

Artist Paola Zakimi

Paola, who lives and works in Argentina, can be found online at her DaWanda shop, on Etsy and at her personal blog. In addition to her beautiful art, she also is a doll maker. Her drawings really speak to me… I wonder if her style speaks to you and if so, what does it say? Okay, other than “buyyyy meeeee”. :)

(images: paola zakimi)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Brooke H December 23, 2010 at 11:49 pm

She’s so talented! I especially like the paintings with the dark backgrounds. The dark saturated color creates such a nice mood. And I agree, I always love seeing art in a setting, as opposed to just the piece without any context.

• Reply Laura K. Aiken December 24, 2010 at 12:22 am

Oh Lordy Lordy I love these illustrations. A must have for me! Thanks Holly!

• Reply mariel December 24, 2010 at 1:34 am

dice: talento!
    it said: talent!
    I am a fan of her work, makes me proud to know she is from my country. Hope to meet her one day.
    Congrats to you too for exposing young talents like Paola

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang December 24, 2010 at 3:37 am

Beautiful. Thank you so very much for sharing her with us!

• Reply sarah December 24, 2010 at 5:17 am

Thank you so much for the Etsy shop link…one of everything please!

• Reply ColleenwithMurals&More December 24, 2010 at 5:51 am

those eyes! I can’t decide whether they’re pensive, haunting or solemn. But they just draw you in!

Thanks so much for sharing!

• Reply les fifoles December 24, 2010 at 2:15 pm

• Reply Small Sweet Steps December 24, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I love it. There is a solemn sadness about it like a cloudy winter’s day. It speaks to me on a different level. It is more emotional.

• Reply jill December 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm

What a talented woman! I’m going to treat myself to one of her paintings.
    Thank you for the introduction!

• Reply Julie December 24, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Omigosh so cute! Reminds me of old school Lewis Carroll ala Alice in Wonderland…seemingly very innocent but there’s also something a little dark and deep about these illustrations. Great find, thanks for sharing!

• Reply petra December 25, 2010 at 2:09 am

oh, love her work! thanks for sharing :)

• Reply jerusalem January 6, 2011 at 8:52 pm

ohhh i love her work. so dreamy. that is what it says to me…dream, dream, dream….

• Reply Paola Zakimi January 26, 2011 at 1:30 am

Dear Holly thank you so much for show my work, I feel very honored!
    all my love from Argentina.