Arts + Crafts

Art By Anne Siems

December 24, 2010

The darling and sweet Melissa from the Melissa Loves blog finds some of the best things — like German artist Anne Siems, who I’d not heard of before. Melissa is always spotlighting the rare and beautiful out there in blogland, her site is such a delight.

Art By Anne Siems

Art By Anne Siems

Anne Siems moved from Berlin to Seattle in 1991 after finishing her MFA at the Hochschule der Kunste in Berlin. About her work Anne says, “I continue with my interest in the human figure and the attributes that surround it. These attributes reflect something about the being without giving a specific narrative. Ideas about life and death, sensuality, sexuality, nature, experiences in the realm of dreams, psyche and spirit are my ongoing topic. A lot of inspiration for these pieces stem from my ongoing love for the art of the European Masters, Early American Folk Art, as well as vintage and modern photography.”

So nice to know of Anne and her work.

(images: anne siems)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Laura Gaskill December 25, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love Melissa Loves, too, she always finds the sweetest things, artists, soft sculpture, etc. – love, love, love! I was not familiar with Anne Siems before, but her work looks magical – like a storybook come to life. Just lovely.

• Reply vosgesparis December 26, 2010 at 2:04 pm

I am truly in love with that latest image… it is maybe a bit to sweet for my taste but I could easily see it on my white wall in the bedroom.

• Reply mary December 27, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Love these deer images, especially the ones with the little spots! Thanks for posting this, always nice to discover new artists!

• Reply Amanda December 28, 2010 at 4:18 am

I hadn’t heard of the Melissa Loves blog or the artist Anne Siems. I’m excited about both of them, thanks so much for sharing.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente December 28, 2010 at 5:47 am

Aw, Holly….you sweetheart. Thank you for saying such nice things about me hun! I am so flattered and only just saw this post now. I love Anne’s work so much…I mean, what’s NOT to love, right? :) I want that last image big, big, BIG! Enough to fill an entire white wall! :) If only she made prints….sigh. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas lovely lady & a happy, happy new year!

• Reply Frank Zweegers December 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Great deer. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Calder Clark December 29, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Anne is soooo very gifted and really kind via email. I first saw her work in person at Blackberry Farm and was floored. Now I dream of one of her lacy pieces!

• Reply Maike -OrangeFarmhouse December 31, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Absolutely love her deer artwork!

• Reply Susan January 1, 2011 at 3:20 am

I had never heard of Anne Siems before. What an outstanding artist. Her pieces have a beautiful simplicity that I absolutely love. I’ll have to check out the Melissa Loves blog. Thank you for sharing both

• Reply jac January 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm

i love anne siems! and i am so happy to see her wonderful work featured here. i will definitely be checking out melissa’s site, too. she’s got great taste in art. xo