Art By Anne Siems

The darling and sweet Melissa from the Melissa Loves blog finds some of the best things — like German artist Anne Siems, who I’d not heard of before. Melissa is always spotlighting the rare and beautiful out there in blogland, her site is such a delight.

Anne Siems

Anne Siems

Anne Siems moved from Berlin to Seattle in 1991 after finishing her MFA at the Hochschule der Kunste in Berlin. About her work Anne says, “I continue with my interest in the human figure and the attributes that surround it. These attributes reflect something about the being without giving a specific narrative. Ideas about life and death, sensuality, sexuality, nature, experiences in the realm of dreams, psyche and spirit are my ongoing topic. A lot of inspiration for these pieces stem from my ongoing love for the art of the European Masters, Early American Folk Art, as well as vintage and modern photography.”

So nice to know of Anne and her work.

(images: anne siems)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on December 24, 2010

1. Laura Gaskill commented
    December 25th, 2010 at 8:51pm

I love Melissa Loves, too, she always finds the sweetest things, artists, soft sculpture, etc. – love, love, love! I was not familiar with Anne Siems before, but her work looks magical – like a storybook come to life. Just lovely.
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Happy Holidays Things Making Me Happy -

2. vosgesparis commented
    December 26th, 2010 at 2:04pm

I am truly in love with that latest image… it is maybe a bit to sweet for my taste but I could easily see it on my white wall in the bedroom.
    vosgesparis´s last blog post ..coffee and concrete

3. mary commented
    December 27th, 2010 at 3:20pm

Love these deer images, especially the ones with the little spots! Thanks for posting this, always nice to discover new artists!
    mary´s last blog post ..Paper Crafting- A Free Mini Calendar Printable Tutorial

4. Amanda commented
    December 28th, 2010 at 4:18am

I hadn’t heard of the Melissa Loves blog or the artist Anne Siems. I’m excited about both of them, thanks so much for sharing.
    Amanda´s last blog post ..What Im Thankful For

5. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 28th, 2010 at 5:47am

Aw, Holly….you sweetheart. Thank you for saying such nice things about me hun! I am so flattered and only just saw this post now. I love Anne’s work so much…I mean, what’s NOT to love, right? :) I want that last image big, big, BIG! Enough to fill an entire white wall! :) If only she made prints….sigh. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas lovely lady & a happy, happy new year!
    xoxo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..See you in the New Year!

6. Frank Zweegers commented
    December 28th, 2010 at 6:12pm

Great deer. Thanks for sharing.

7. Calder Clark commented
    December 29th, 2010 at 10:31pm

Anne is soooo very gifted and really kind via email. I first saw her work in person at Blackberry Farm and was floored. Now I dream of one of her lacy pieces!

8. Maike -OrangeFarmhouse commented
    December 31st, 2010 at 3:53pm

Absolutely love her deer artwork!
    Maike -OrangeFarmhouse´s last blog post ..2010 en 2011

9. Susan commented
    January 1st, 2011 at 3:20am

I had never heard of Anne Siems before. What an outstanding artist. Her pieces have a beautiful simplicity that I absolutely love. I’ll have to check out the Melissa Loves blog. Thank you for sharing both
    Susan´s last blog post ..10 Quick Tips For Choosing and Using Color

10. jac commented
    January 3rd, 2011 at 5:32pm

i love anne siems! and i am so happy to see her wonderful work featured here. i will definitely be checking out melissa’s site, too. she’s got great taste in art. xo
    jac´s last blog post ..you say goodbye i say hello