Books + Magazines

Murdoch Books To Publish Decorate in Australia!

January 19, 2011

If you follow me on Twitter then you already know about this great news since I tweeted it yesterday… But in case you missed it… In addition to my upcoming book, Decorate, being published by Jacqui Small in the UK (March 2011), Chronicle in the US (May 2011) and Callwey in Germany (September 2011), Murdoch Books will publish Decorate in Australia in April 2011!Here is a spread from Decorate below as seen on their website. Yay!

Murdoch Books To Publish Decorate in Australia!

I’ve been waiting so patiently for the green light so I could make the official announcement so I am very excited to share this especially since I have lovely Australian readers and I was concerned that it would be difficult for them to get the book otherwise. Australians always tell me how they usually get everything super late down there but not this time Australia, April is mere months away and I’m so excited to hear what you think of it.

I am very honored to be part of Murdoch’s line-up because they publish gorgeous books and do a great job promoting their authors so I’m hoping that you will be able to find your copy locally at a favorite store. If you are a shop owner and would like to order Decorate for your store, or inquire about where it will be sold in Australia, please contact Murdoch directly — their contact information is here.

Update: Some have sent emails regarding how to purchase it for your stores in the US, UK + mainland Europe. You may direct your inquires to me (holly at with the subject title “Decorate Sales” and I’ll hook you up with the appropriate sales director that you need to speak to according to where you are located. Thank you so much for your interest!

(images: debi treloar/jacqui small publishing)

You Might Also Like

• Reply id rather be shopping January 19, 2011 at 6:20 pm

congrats! it will undoubtedly be a hit!

• Reply Dana @ House*Tweaking January 19, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Congrats, Holly! That’s so great. I love seeing your latest accomplishments. You are so talented, and it’s definitely well deserved after all the work you’ve put into Decor8 and Decorate. I’m truly, purely happy for you.

• Reply Amanda @ Easy Peasy Organic January 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm

That’s great news!

• Reply Pedi January 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Hey Holly,

congratulation! I’m sure we all gonna love your book! Can’t wait to see it… :-)

xo, Pedi

• Reply jenn January 19, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Congratulations! That is super exciting … and so earned after all the hard work you’ve put in :)

• Reply Aurélie January 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I’m french and i looooove your blog and your style, i watch it everyday when i go back from work, i love the fact that everyday there are several posts. I’m following your pictures for my flat so much …

(could you excuse my english it’s not perfect ;( )

keep going in this way, it’s vey great

• Reply Sally January 19, 2011 at 7:54 pm

this is good news for New Zealand readers too. Bravo!

• Reply marija January 19, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Oh Congratulations! I can imagine the delight of your Australian readers. If only we would have as easy access here from where I’m at but I will try ways to get my hand on your book. It is not worth missing!

• Reply Kenziepoo January 19, 2011 at 8:46 pm

This is so EXCITING Holly! A Huge Congrats to such a inspiring person!!

Rachelle xo

• Reply Allison January 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm

This is great Holly. I can’t wait to pick one up in my local bookstore now.

• Reply Mary Anne from Melbourne January 19, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Hi Holly,

That’s great news!
    I was just wondering will there be any differences between the US UK/Europe and Australian versions? I know the covers are different and I suppose the spelling will differ too…

I’m from Australia and I was going to just order it from Amazon US. With two young children I dont often make it out to the shops!
    My birthday is in April so this will definitely be on my birthday list.

Looking forward to this a lot!

• Reply decor8 January 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm

@Mary Anne – Hello! I know the one in the UK is in British English and the one in the US is American English. The covers are also different. In the UK, there are also differences in the Directory that I wrote in the back (resources) — the US one will have different resources listed from what I was told. The book itself, under the jacket, will also be different — the Jacqui Small books are very well constructed, cloth bound (I think that’s what you call it) and the photos will be very clear and bright and the paper quality may be different than the US version. Also the interior flaps are different than what Chronicle does in the US. I’m not sure what Murdoch will do.

• Reply Khali January 20, 2011 at 12:42 am

Congratulations! I’m so pleased I’ll be able to buy a copy of your book in Australia.

Khali @ little. lovely.

• Reply Tracy Kunzler January 20, 2011 at 3:10 am

CONGRATS! What terrific news! So glad for you!

• Reply Emma January 20, 2011 at 3:11 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait to get my hands on this book and see all the hard work you have put into it.

• Reply leah January 20, 2011 at 5:16 am

Oh, I am so excited! I’m in Australia and happy to hear your book is heading this way. Can barely contain my excitement!!! Congratulations Holly x

• Reply Georgianna Lane January 20, 2011 at 8:18 am

Congratulations, Holly! That is SUPER news!! :) – g

• Reply michelle January 20, 2011 at 11:02 am

YAY! i was on the amazon waiting list, but not anymore, i can get it here, can’t wait and really looking forward to it. CONGRATS!

• Reply elissa January 20, 2011 at 11:32 am

Yippee! Hurrah! From one of your many Aussie fans.

• Reply Erin January 20, 2011 at 11:36 am

Hi Holly and Mary Anne
    I used to work on what the publishing industry call “buy-ins” and worked with Murdoch. I’d be really surprised if they didn’t do their own cover (most likely based on the UK cover, take the UK English text and insist on their own resources/directory page(s) for the ANZ market). That was pretty standard when it came to requirements when buying in from the UK. My friend is the Production Director there – she’ll do a FAB job on the paper and cover.
    Congratulations – Murdoch is SUCH a good home for your book!

• Reply decor8 January 20, 2011 at 2:22 pm

@Erin – You have a lot of knowledge when it comes to publishing, thank you so much for the advice. It seems Murdoch went with the cover that Chronicle will use, which is a great one so I’m happy about that. I wrote the directory in the back of the book for the US market, UK and ANZ so I’m not sure how they’ll end up dividing everything in the end because lots of the resources are listed online and sell globally so they may keep a lot of it in. :) I’m curious to see what the German publisher chooses. Thank you again for your comment Erin!!! xo

• Reply anastasia January 20, 2011 at 1:21 pm

thats so awesome Holly! Murdoch have such a great range of books – Tessa Kiros cookbooks are all published by Murdoch and are my favs!!! cant wait for your book…not long now!

• Reply Michelle Donald January 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Yay! April in Australia – I cannot wait to get my copy!

• Reply Robyn January 21, 2011 at 6:46 am

This is such fabulous news! I was hoping someone would take it up here in Australia and trying to work out how to get my hands on a copy if they didn’t.

• Reply Karin January 21, 2011 at 8:05 am

Hi Holly! A big hello from Murdoch Books! We are very excited to have your fabulous book on our list for April. It is such an inspirational and accessible collection of design advice, I really wanted to go home and redecorate as soon as I had looked through the printout!
    Regarding the Australian edition, we are going with the US cover, but will have the UK internals. As you say, most of the shops you list are selling globally, so it will be a very valuable resource for anyone with an interest in design and styling. Can’t wait to have a finished copy on my desk!
    All the very best, Karin

• Reply Mary Anne from Melbourne January 24, 2011 at 2:02 am

Hi Holly, Erin and Karin,

Thanks for all the information about the Australian edition! Can’t wait to get myself a copy! Havent been this excited about a book since the Domino one!

Mary Anne

• Reply Magnolia Square January 24, 2011 at 9:57 am

Finally! We are so excited to get our hands on a copy and does this mean you might be heading down under sometime this year? Fingers crossed…

• Reply Rosalind January 24, 2011 at 11:30 am

Fabulous! Great news

• Reply Karin February 3, 2011 at 2:33 am

Guess what just landed on my desk?! The printer advances have come in and they look amazing! I had the whole department huddled around my desk to check them out. Congratulations on your beautiful book, can’t wait to share it with your Australian and New Zealand fans.

All the best,

• Reply decor8 February 3, 2011 at 2:52 am

@Karin – Wow, really!? This is such great news. I love it too. I have the Murdoch version on my desk as well and love the raised type on the cover along with the end papers. I’m so pleased that you like it Karin!!!!