Uncommon

Uncommon is the design studio of Vincent and Jessie Leman, a husband and wife duo who run their creative business together full-time. “Put together a classically trained mechanical engineer and a dabbling graphic designer and what you get is, well… uncommon”, says their bio, which explains better the reason they selected uncommon as the name of their brand. With modern lines and beautiful silhouettes, they create interior accessories and furniture in soft, modern colors that really speak to me.

Uncommon

Uncommon

You can find their work on etsy — my favorite products are the square doily coasters, modern numbers clock in white and their fancy chandelier in white. What are yours?

(image: uncommon)

Posted by decor8 in etsy on January 28, 2011

1. sandra lund commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:13pm

so funny, I was just on Etsy and saw the fancy chandelier, I love that one too. But the first clock is also cute
    sandra lund´s last blog post ..Friday and Fastelavnsboller

2. the fabled needle (jen) commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:17pm

i especially love the coasters and first clock – that blue color is so pretty.
    the fabled needle (jen)´s last blog post ..The Flower Lovers Silhouette Prints

3. Victory Garden Yarn commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:33pm

I’ve had their doily coasters on my ‘to buy after taxes’ list for months now! I just need to get myself in gear and finish my taxes, tee hee.

4. catherine commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:43pm

I guess I’m not alone in my love for the first clock and those doily coasters! Oh boy, can I see those in my (hopefully not so far off) dream kitchen… *sigh*.
    Such beautiful treats.

5. Glenda Childers commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:45pm

A very clever business title.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..The Bookcase Dilema

6. Diane @ home sweet homemade commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:51pm

I have one of their clocks in my kitchen but i have not looked at their products in a long while – great suggestion to revisit these wonderful designers :)
    Diane @ home sweet homemade´s last blog post ..things I love – valentines edition

7. jenn commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 9:53pm

I have always loved their coasters. So pretty!
    jenn´s last blog post ..inspire House Improvements

8. Sanja commented
    January 28th, 2011 at 10:32pm

So simple and straightforward! And hooray for husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend duos :)

9. Pati commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 12:11am

Very pretty! I hope your feeling better Holly. Have a nice weekend <3

10. Mariela commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 12:19am

I love the shade of blue on the clock and the coasters. Have a great weekend!
    Mariela´s last blog post ..Detalles

11. alison commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 12:47am

I got to meet Vincent and Jessie when we were neighbors at Renegade in Chicago. They’re both sweet as can be! I bought the scallop mirror from them in natural wood and absolutely love it! Recently I’ve been thinking of getting the tiny scallop clock for my kitchen. What can I say I guess I’m a sucker for “scallop” :)

12. Afi commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 1:21am

Oh, they have awesome stuff! I bought their square doily coasters for my mom! She loved them :)

Have a great weekend Holly!

xo

Afi
    Afi´s last blog post ..Dominican Republic

13. carrie commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 1:32am

Love that turquoise clock. Scallops are always cute :)

14. Michelle Salz-Smith commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 1:39am

I have had my on those clocks for quite a while now – the tangerine one is my fave and would like great in a future nursery I’m dreaming of. The doily coasters are pretty sweet too.

15. Tereza commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 5:17am

wow the top clock and coasters are so nice!!! Great find
    Tereza´s last blog post ..Geninnes Art

16. A Plum By Any Other Name commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 5:56am

Love the classic lines … also, a nice reminder that time is (tick tock) passing.
    A Plum By Any Other Name´s last blog post ..Lazy Mans Caesar for When You Cant Be Lazy

17. lizzie commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 6:04am

awesome coasters!! i’m a sucker for coasters..
    lizzie´s last blog post ..mixtape masters- iconic tv intros

18. Suze commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 9:58am

Totally love this shop!
    Faves: the scalloped wall clock, the white chandelier, grey modern colonial wall clock, scalkio mirror…
    Thanks for sharing, I’m in the mood for some shopping…
    Suze´s last blog post .. FREE PRINTABLE PART 2- Doilies Manila Tags- 6 gift tags

19. Lisa - An Illustrator's Life in London commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 1:09pm

I love the second clock and the round coasters, so pretty!
    Lisa – An Illustrator’s Life in London´s last blog post ..Pins

20. All things nice... commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 4:02pm

I love the coasters too, my friends and work colleagues tease me about liking doilies, they reckon they are old fashioned! Obviously they ain’t got no style at all :) They think of them as something from years ago. I love them :) I’m off to check out more on Uncommon’s range. Thanks for sharing.

All things nice…

21. Kerry (Seventy Tree) commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 8:36pm

I have those doily coasters, and they really are so intricately beautiful. I recommend. Have a lovely weekend :)

22. Heather @ REOlisticRenovation commented
    January 29th, 2011 at 9:01pm

Those coasters are beautiful! Love all of this.

23. Jess commented
    January 30th, 2011 at 12:08am

Oh gosh – I adore those coasters and clocks! What a gorgeous shop! Thanks for posting!
    Jess´s last blog post ..Elisa and Marcella

24. Holly commented
    January 30th, 2011 at 3:09am

Those coasters are way to pretty to put drinks on!
    Holly´s last blog post ..A Winner!

25. Karin commented
    January 30th, 2011 at 3:48pm

love love love the necklace!
    Karin´s last blog post ..då &amp nu!

26. Lisa commented
    January 31st, 2011 at 4:41am

I love the clock.. very creative… great post!

27. Christina commented
    January 31st, 2011 at 3:33pm

I’ve been loving on the chandelier for quite a while now. I think it would just be darling in a little girl’s room. Though not exclusively, of course.

28. PriscilaPetersDecor commented
    January 31st, 2011 at 11:33pm

I love uncommon! The coasters are my fave! I have to have them.
    PriscilaPetersDecor´s last blog post ..Sweet taste

29. Sara commented
    February 2nd, 2011 at 12:15am

I first saw them featured on your blog (I think…a couple of years ago?) and just loved their mirrors and clocks. When I first saw the chandelier, I knew it would be perfect in my living room (black version). My husband was harder to convince, but it was my favorite gift in years when he gave it to me for Christmas!

Love all of their work!

30. Brittany Lauren commented
    February 2nd, 2011 at 5:31pm

Cute and creative. I love how unique the clocks are and the assortment of color. Perfect for my living room.