Etsy Faves

January 28, 2011

Uncommon is the design studio of Vincent and Jessie Leman, a husband and wife duo who run their creative business together full-time. “Put together a classically trained mechanical engineer and a dabbling graphic designer and what you get is, well… uncommon”, says their bio, which explains better the reason they selected uncommon as the name of their brand. With modern lines and beautiful silhouettes, they create interior accessories and furniture in soft, modern colors that really speak to me.

You can find their work on etsy — my favorite products are the square doily coasters, modern numbers clock in white and their fancy chandelier in white. What are yours?

(image: uncommon)

• Reply sandra lund January 28, 2011 at 9:13 pm

so funny, I was just on Etsy and saw the fancy chandelier, I love that one too. But the first clock is also cute

• Reply the fabled needle (jen) January 28, 2011 at 9:17 pm

i especially love the coasters and first clock – that blue color is so pretty.

• Reply Victory Garden Yarn January 28, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I’ve had their doily coasters on my ‘to buy after taxes’ list for months now! I just need to get myself in gear and finish my taxes, tee hee.

• Reply catherine January 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I guess I’m not alone in my love for the first clock and those doily coasters! Oh boy, can I see those in my (hopefully not so far off) dream kitchen… *sigh*.
    Such beautiful treats.

• Reply Glenda Childers January 28, 2011 at 9:45 pm

A very clever business title.

• Reply Diane @ home sweet homemade January 28, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I have one of their clocks in my kitchen but i have not looked at their products in a long while – great suggestion to revisit these wonderful designers :)

• Reply jenn January 28, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I have always loved their coasters. So pretty!

• Reply Sanja January 28, 2011 at 10:32 pm

So simple and straightforward! And hooray for husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend duos :)

• Reply Pati January 29, 2011 at 12:11 am

Very pretty! I hope your feeling better Holly. Have a nice weekend <3

• Reply Mariela January 29, 2011 at 12:19 am

I love the shade of blue on the clock and the coasters. Have a great weekend!

• Reply alison January 29, 2011 at 12:47 am

I got to meet Vincent and Jessie when we were neighbors at Renegade in Chicago. They’re both sweet as can be! I bought the scallop mirror from them in natural wood and absolutely love it! Recently I’ve been thinking of getting the tiny scallop clock for my kitchen. What can I say I guess I’m a sucker for “scallop” :)

• Reply Afi January 29, 2011 at 1:21 am

Oh, they have awesome stuff! I bought their square doily coasters for my mom! She loved them :)

Have a great weekend Holly!

• Reply carrie January 29, 2011 at 1:32 am

Love that turquoise clock. Scallops are always cute :)

• Reply Michelle Salz-Smith January 29, 2011 at 1:39 am

I have had my on those clocks for quite a while now – the tangerine one is my fave and would like great in a future nursery I’m dreaming of. The doily coasters are pretty sweet too.

• Reply Tereza January 29, 2011 at 5:17 am

wow the top clock and coasters are so nice!!! Great find

• Reply A Plum By Any Other Name January 29, 2011 at 5:56 am

Love the classic lines … also, a nice reminder that time is (tick tock) passing.

• Reply lizzie January 29, 2011 at 6:04 am

awesome coasters!! i’m a sucker for coasters..

• Reply Suze January 29, 2011 at 9:58 am

Totally love this shop!
    Faves: the scalloped wall clock, the white chandelier, grey modern colonial wall clock, scalkio mirror…
    Thanks for sharing, I’m in the mood for some shopping…

• Reply Lisa - An Illustrator's Life in London January 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I love the second clock and the round coasters, so pretty!

• Reply All things nice... January 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love the coasters too, my friends and work colleagues tease me about liking doilies, they reckon they are old fashioned! Obviously they ain’t got no style at all :) They think of them as something from years ago. I love them :) I’m off to check out more on Uncommon’s range. Thanks for sharing.

All things nice…

• Reply Kerry (Seventy Tree) January 29, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I have those doily coasters, and they really are so intricately beautiful. I recommend. Have a lovely weekend :)

• Reply Heather @ REOlisticRenovation January 29, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Those coasters are beautiful! Love all of this.

• Reply Jess January 30, 2011 at 12:08 am

Oh gosh – I adore those coasters and clocks! What a gorgeous shop! Thanks for posting!

• Reply Holly January 30, 2011 at 3:09 am

Those coasters are way to pretty to put drinks on!

• Reply Karin January 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

love love love the necklace!

• Reply Lisa January 31, 2011 at 4:41 am

I love the clock.. very creative… great post!

• Reply Christina January 31, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I’ve been loving on the chandelier for quite a while now. I think it would just be darling in a little girl’s room. Though not exclusively, of course.

• Reply PriscilaPetersDecor January 31, 2011 at 11:33 pm

I love uncommon! The coasters are my fave! I have to have them.

• Reply Sara February 2, 2011 at 12:15 am

I first saw them featured on your blog (I think…a couple of years ago?) and just loved their mirrors and clocks. When I first saw the chandelier, I knew it would be perfect in my living room (black version). My husband was harder to convince, but it was my favorite gift in years when he gave it to me for Christmas!

Love all of their work!

• Reply Brittany Lauren February 2, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Cute and creative. I love how unique the clocks are and the assortment of color. Perfect for my living room.