Bloggers

Kelly Wearstler Blog

February 3, 2011

Great news everyone! Kelly Wearstler has a brand new blog called My Vibe My Life! Yay! I was so glad when her office contacted me today to share this great news and asked if I would like to share it with all of you. Why yes, of course! Kelly contributed to my upcoming book, Decorate with a few great design tips so of course I am inspired by her work. I think what I love most about her is that she is fearless when it comes to designing interiors — I can’t help but think her new blog will be a huge success because of her style but also her courage in just going for it.

Kelly Wearstler Blog

I like when people are fearless, when they have courage to go forth and do what their heart tells them to do. Unfortunately, so much of what we are exposed to goes through this giant filtering/editing process and the original beauty of it, the soul, becomes so completely watered down that the original voice gets lost.

Kelly Wearstler Blog

With Kelly Wearstler, you never ever get the sense that she holds back. What you see is what you get, even if someone may criticize her designs for being so “out there” (design is subjective after all), she doesn’t change her style to please the masses. She is authentic, true to her vision, and this is what makes her so admirable to me personally. I can’t wait to follow her blog regularly and watch this creative dynamo in action. Congrats on the new blog, Kelly!
(images: kwid)

You Might Also Like

26 Comments

• Reply nicole February 3, 2011 at 4:27 pm

love her sense of color!

• Reply sami February 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm

OMG amazingess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Christina February 3, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Just checked out the blog and I’m super intrigued! She needs to get an RSS feed going!

• Reply whistlerpotpie February 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm

ugh. can you tell her people to add an RSS feed?

• Reply Susan February 3, 2011 at 5:02 pm

LOVE it, fabulous news!!

• Reply Mariela February 3, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I like that she is very authentic and she’s fearless specially with colors.

• Reply Casa e Cose February 3, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I just loved what you wrote in the 2nd column…so true! And I’m having a shitty day at work so im just dreaming away about when I can do my own thing…uffa! So thanks for writing that.

• Reply Sarah @ Comfort and Joy February 3, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I love Kelly’s use of color and I draw inspiration from her designs in a similar way to drawing inspiration from a piece of fantastic art. While I doubt I’d ever want to duplicate an entire look, there’s tons of amazing little takeaways from her work that I use to inform and inspire my own designs. :)

• Reply Sonia February 3, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I like your description of her… nice to see how designer work!

• Reply JoAnn @ i'd rather be shopping February 3, 2011 at 6:43 pm

This is SO EXCITING!!! Can’t wait to visit her blog!

xo,
    joAnn

• Reply Chedva February 3, 2011 at 6:51 pm

That’s such great news. I’m a long time fan of KW and I appreciate the glimpse into her progress.

• Reply Janine February 3, 2011 at 8:11 pm

She is awesome! I can’t wait to see what her ‘vibe’ blog inspires!

• Reply Cerys February 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Wow!! So inspired! Want to start making my own vibe trays now…

• Reply alix*galexiegirl February 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I love La Wearstler (i love her fashion sense as much as her design sensibility!). This should be fun!

• Reply Shannon February 3, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Her sense of color is so exciting, not to mention her boldness.
    Wonderful, can’t wait to see more.

• Reply Sirvart February 3, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Love her style and her fearless approach to color, you hardly see that with other designers. Looking forward to visiting her blog !!!

• Reply Katie Stephenson February 3, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Fun first post. Can you even imagine that as a workspace/studio? So beautiful. Too bad I wasn’t able to add it to my blog reader, an RSS feed would be helpful.

• Reply Heidi February 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm

She sounds like my kind of girl!
    I love what you said about being fearless…I think I need to remove my filter and just let it all out. I can just imagine what would happen. Good things, I’m sure. :)

• Reply Courtney February 4, 2011 at 1:11 am

I really love that she calls them “vibe trays”! So great. I love that this has more of a 3 dimensional feel as opposed to my constant obsession with creating little inspiration boards around my house! This is so helpful when texture and feel are a part of what you are trying to create. I am so excited to go and start my own now… Thanks for sharing!

• Reply monica of hola!design February 4, 2011 at 2:18 am

I Love her!!!! She’s truly fantastic, something you said has a lot of meaning for me: “… she doesn’t change her style to please the masses…” I think that’s the key to success, you can’t design and try to please everybody’s taste, stay true to your vision and you’ll create something unique.
    I’m so happy Kelly has a blog! Yay!

• Reply dolly February 4, 2011 at 5:17 am

wow her work is impressive!! im so inspired! but i wikipedia’ed her and it says that she used to be a playmate? wow talk abt diversification! :)

• Reply Mandy of Kini Style February 4, 2011 at 7:15 am

Wow! So exciting that she has a blog! Can’t wait to read and see all of the inspiring posts to come!

• Reply Sacred & Profane Designs February 4, 2011 at 9:53 am

She’s one of my favourite decorators and I LOVE the way she combines colours and patterns!!! I got her latest book and spent hours studying her style! And now she has a blog??? Bookmarking it NOW!Thank you Holly!

• Reply Jessica February 5, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Very exciting – if she actually posts anything. I love her like mad but after all of my initial enthusiasm for the FB page, I am braced to be underwhelmed . . . beginning with the name of the blog. All that said, she is THE most inspiring designer! Her work speaks even if she doesn’t.

• Reply jennifer ramos February 6, 2011 at 5:47 am

she’s so cool…i wonder how often she’ll actually UPDATE her blog though???
    Love the name…:)))))))))))))))))

• Reply Ann February 9, 2011 at 10:20 am

I’ve been a huge Kelly Wearstler fan for a long time! I hope she will update regularly as her work is so unique and interesting. It’s also fun to see what she’s wearing.