Kelly Wearstler’s New Blog: My Vibe My Life

Great news everyone! Kelly Wearstler has a brand new blog called My Vibe My Life! Yay! I was so glad when her office contacted me today to share this great news and asked if I would like to share it with all of you. Why yes, of course! Kelly contributed to my upcoming book, Decorate with a few great design tips so of course I am inspired by her work. I think what I love most about her is that she is fearless when it comes to designing interiors — I can’t help but think her new blog will be a huge success because of her style but also her courage in just going for it.

My Vibe My Life

I like when people are fearless, when they have courage to go forth and do what their heart tells them to do. Unfortunately, so much of what we are exposed to goes through this giant filtering/editing process and the original beauty of it, the soul, becomes so completely watered down that the original voice gets lost.

My Vibe My Life

With Kelly Wearstler, you never ever get the sense that she holds back. What you see is what you get, even if someone may criticize her designs for being so “out there” (design is subjective after all), she doesn’t change her style to please the masses. She is authentic, true to her vision, and this is what makes her so admirable to me personally. I can’t wait to follow her blog regularly and watch this creative dynamo in action. Congrats on the new blog, Kelly!
(images: kwid)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on February 03, 2011

1. nicole commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 4:27pm

love her sense of color!

2. sami commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 4:29pm

OMG amazingess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sami´s last blog post ..♥ the year of the rabbit

3. Christina commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 4:48pm

Just checked out the blog and I’m super intrigued! She needs to get an RSS feed going!

4. whistlerpotpie commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 5:01pm

ugh. can you tell her people to add an RSS feed?

5. Susan commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 5:02pm

LOVE it, fabulous news!!

6. Mariela commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 5:03pm

I like that she is very authentic and she’s fearless specially with colors.
    Mariela´s last blog post ..Frisas al pie de tu cama

7. Casa e Cose commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 5:12pm

I just loved what you wrote in the 2nd column…so true! And I’m having a shitty day at work so im just dreaming away about when I can do my own thing…uffa! So thanks for writing that.
    Casa e Cose´s last blog post ..Everywhere I see pink…

8. Sarah @ Comfort and Joy commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 5:49pm

I love Kelly’s use of color and I draw inspiration from her designs in a similar way to drawing inspiration from a piece of fantastic art. While I doubt I’d ever want to duplicate an entire look, there’s tons of amazing little takeaways from her work that I use to inform and inspire my own designs. :)
    Sarah @ Comfort and Joy´s last blog post ..Tia Zoldan Featured In High Gloss Magazine

9. Sonia commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 6:40pm

I like your description of her… nice to see how designer work!
    Sonia´s last blog post ..muuto news

10. JoAnn @ i'd rather be shopping commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 6:43pm

This is SO EXCITING!!! Can’t wait to visit her blog!

xo,
    joAnn
    JoAnn @ i’d rather be shopping´s last blog post ..seeing red

11. Chedva commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 6:51pm

That’s such great news. I’m a long time fan of KW and I appreciate the glimpse into her progress.
    Chedva´s last blog post ..GO STYLE!

12. Janine commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:11pm

She is awesome! I can’t wait to see what her ‘vibe’ blog inspires!
    Janine´s last blog post ..a birthday perspective

13. Cerys commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:15pm

Wow!! So inspired! Want to start making my own vibe trays now…
    Cerys´s last blog post ..Graphic monochrome window

14. alix*galexiegirl commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:19pm

I love La Wearstler (i love her fashion sense as much as her design sensibility!). This should be fun!
    alix*galexiegirl´s last blog post ..Vintage Kiddo Bookshelf- The Thinking Book

15. Shannon commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:30pm

Her sense of color is so exciting, not to mention her boldness.
    Wonderful, can’t wait to see more.

16. Sirvart commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 8:47pm

Love her style and her fearless approach to color, you hardly see that with other designers. Looking forward to visiting her blog !!!

17. Katie Stephenson commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 9:06pm

Fun first post. Can you even imagine that as a workspace/studio? So beautiful. Too bad I wasn’t able to add it to my blog reader, an RSS feed would be helpful.
    Katie Stephenson´s last blog post ..my top 12 etsy purchases to date

18. Heidi commented
    February 3rd, 2011 at 9:55pm

She sounds like my kind of girl!
    I love what you said about being fearless…I think I need to remove my filter and just let it all out. I can just imagine what would happen. Good things, I’m sure. :)
    Heidi´s last blog post ..Good Morning!!

19. Courtney commented
    February 4th, 2011 at 1:11am

I really love that she calls them “vibe trays”! So great. I love that this has more of a 3 dimensional feel as opposed to my constant obsession with creating little inspiration boards around my house! This is so helpful when texture and feel are a part of what you are trying to create. I am so excited to go and start my own now… Thanks for sharing!
    Courtney´s last blog post ..Cutest darn Valentine around!

20. monica of hola!design commented
    February 4th, 2011 at 2:18am

I Love her!!!! She’s truly fantastic, something you said has a lot of meaning for me: “… she doesn’t change her style to please the masses…” I think that’s the key to success, you can’t design and try to please everybody’s taste, stay true to your vision and you’ll create something unique.
    I’m so happy Kelly has a blog! Yay!
    monica of hola!design´s last blog post ..Mocuin

21. dolly commented
    February 4th, 2011 at 5:17am

wow her work is impressive!! im so inspired! but i wikipedia’ed her and it says that she used to be a playmate? wow talk abt diversification! :)

22. Mandy of Kini Style commented
    February 4th, 2011 at 7:15am

Wow! So exciting that she has a blog! Can’t wait to read and see all of the inspiring posts to come!
    Mandy of Kini Style´s last blog post ..I hope youll understand

23. Sacred & Profane Designs commented
    February 4th, 2011 at 9:53am

She’s one of my favourite decorators and I LOVE the way she combines colours and patterns!!! I got her latest book and spent hours studying her style! And now she has a blog??? Bookmarking it NOW!Thank you Holly!
    Sacred & Profane Designs´s last blog post ..Blue Blue Square Pillow Cover

24. Jessica commented
    February 5th, 2011 at 6:22pm

Very exciting – if she actually posts anything. I love her like mad but after all of my initial enthusiasm for the FB page, I am braced to be underwhelmed . . . beginning with the name of the blog. All that said, she is THE most inspiring designer! Her work speaks even if she doesn’t.

25. jennifer ramos commented
    February 6th, 2011 at 5:47am

she’s so cool…i wonder how often she’ll actually UPDATE her blog though???
    Love the name…:)))))))))))))))))
    jennifer ramos´s last blog post ..Your WeekendVia Made By Girl

26. Ann commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 10:20am

I’ve been a huge Kelly Wearstler fan for a long time! I hope she will update regularly as her work is so unique and interesting. It’s also fun to see what she’s wearing.
    Ann´s last blog post ..Etsy Artist Love-Janet Hill Studio