Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Hello friends, it’s Tuesday and time for my Etsy picks for the week. Yesterday, I had a phone interview with Good Housekeeping since they wanted to talk to me about my upcoming book and were curious as to how I find so many good shops on Etsy for this column each week (honored!). I was very flattered that the writer follows this column and knowing that inspired me to keep it going for 2011 as I toyed with the idea of discontinuing it. You can look for me in the May issue of Good Housekeeping, where I’ll share some of my favorite Etsy shops and others online that specialize in vintage finds for the home. Now onto my picks for the week. I hope that you like them!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

The beautiful watercolor prints by Amber Alexander in Vermont feature whimsical animals that will no doubt captivate you.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Miles of Light nature prints and cards are completely captivating. I imagine them looking so lovely in a variety of rooms, they really touch my heart!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Have a dog? Silly Buddy will steal your heart with doggy bow-tie collars and fantastic leashes in fun prints and patterns. These are soooo cute….

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Have a whale of a time with these tissue holders from Gnome Sweeet Gnome.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

English Muffin Shop has the sweetest art for kid’s and the young at heart in her shop, which is based out of Montreal, Canada. Love her pretty world maps the most!

(images: linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on February 08, 2011

1. Emily commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 4:31pm

I ran across English Muffin Shop the other day and fell in LOVE. Those whales are pretty stinkin’ cute too!
    Emily´s last blog post ..Photography and Events Launches

2. Tricia McKellar commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 4:32pm

Aww! Those whale tissue holders are fabulous! :)
    Tricia McKellar´s last blog post ..Ride That Pony Again

3. Lori Dean Dyment commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 4:35pm

I love the Etsy Take 5 Tuesday too. It’s one of my favorite posts. Please don’t stop showing us your great finds.
    Lori Dean Dyment´s last blog post ..Papermaker Original watercolor monotype print with collage

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 4:49pm

Oh no, I love this feature! So glad you are going to still do it although I know you must be so busy. Adore Amber’s work & miles of light….and how frickin sweet are those whales? I want a white one! :) Hope you are having a wonderful week hun.
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..mondayjpg

5. Bess | English Muffin Shop commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 4:53pm

Holly, this is such a treat! Thank you so much for featuring my work as part of your Etsy Take Five Tuesdays :)
    vielen dank!
    xx
    Bess | English Muffin Shop´s last blog post ..Small Map of the United States in Blues and Greens

6. ARTiculateART commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 5:10pm

The watercolor prints of the birds are beautiful! The whale tissue holders are cute too!
    ARTiculateART´s last blog post ..No Such Thing as a Boring Bookshelf

7. jenn commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 5:14pm

Oh wow, those Miles of Light prints are amazing!
    And, I’m glad you didn’t discontinue this feature … I look forward to it every week!
    jenn´s last blog post ..Inspired Spring Color Palettes

8. Diana Smith commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 5:26pm

I love the childrens art! The pink and brown map is precious!

9. Kristan commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 5:27pm

I LOOOOVE the whale tissue boxes and the doggy bow tie collar! Thank you for sharing these great finds.
    Kristan´s last blog post ..EPL- Soul mates

10. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 5:28pm

Those animal drawings are so adorable.. as are the whale tissue holders! Would love to have one of those, ha! Oh, and those bow ties!! Great collection here!
    Eva @ Four Leaf Clover´s last blog post ..Take a stand for Egypt

11. Giulia commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 6:08pm

I love maps…I have a large world map in our play room, many dots of where we’ve been and many green dots of where we want to go once the kids are older.
    Love your Etsy Tuesday feature.

12. Hande commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 6:10pm

Dear Holly, thank you very much for featuring us here in your lovely Take Five picks! So glad to be introduced to the English Muffin Shop! The whales are adorable and Amber’s work has always been a favorite :)

Luv,
    Hande

13. This Much commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 6:15pm

Love the first shop you featured. The colors are great!
    This Much´s last blog post ..1989 – First Hollywood Crush

14. juliette commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 6:36pm

love those colored maps! …am now realizing just how many maps we already have hanging on our walls…lol, I’m counting 4 large ones, ha! Still, we can add to the collection =)
    juliette´s last blog post ..3 German Bloggers Craft it Forward

15. Shanon commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 7:27pm

Etsy Take 5 Tuesdays are something I look forward to most. I’m SO glad it’s not going away! =) Congrats to another great set of artists and can’t wait to read the GH article. Woo-hoo!
    Shanon´s last blog post ..a lovely little shop

16. Amber commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 7:30pm

Gorgeous!
    thank you so much for including my shop in your finds. It took me a while to get through this post.. so many great things, all favorited:)
    beautiful blog.
    amber

17. shari commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 8:13pm

Congratulations on the Good Housekeeping interview!! Woot woot! ;-)

I LOVE those watercolors of the animals. They stole my heart!!!!

xoxo
    shari´s last blog post ..Reuse Repurpose- Week 5

18. Annie commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 8:40pm

Holly~ I love your Etsy posts and look forward to them! Glad you are continuing them!

Annie
    Annie´s last blog post ..Website update

19. Christine commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 8:45pm

Yay, congrats to Bess from English Muffin for the feature! I love her prints and she is a sweetheart too!
    Christine´s last blog post ..Sarah Richardson and me- Edmonton Reno Show

20. Didem commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 8:47pm

just fabulous!
    Didem´s last blog post ..Something Blue Vintage Aqua Jewel Bracelet with Cream Ribbon

21. gayle pickering commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 8:49pm

Love your blog and the lovely things you do. Thanks for these ideas – The whale tissue box is adorable – in fact i just sent the link to a dear friend who Lauren Chattman who posted it on her blog “Sag Harbor Days” – Thanks! :))

22. gayle pickering commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 8:53pm

Love your blog and the adorable things you find. In fact i just sent the whale link to a dear friend Lauren Chattman, who posted it on her blog
    Sag Harbor Days! thanks!! :))

23. Jacqui MacNeill (Escents Aromatherapy Bath and Body) commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 9:00pm

I just LOVE those cute whale tissue boxes. Thanks for sharing!

24. sparkly pony commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 9:09pm

Thank you for including our whales!!! We love your blog! Your readers can take 10% off a whale at checkout, if they use this code: DECOR8
    lots of love,
    the sparkly ponies @ gnomesweeeetgnome

25. City Chic - Jamie commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 9:34pm

Thank you continuing this column, I love Etsy Take 5! I always end up adding goodies to my wish list from your finds. Those whale tissue holders are so cute and the doggie bowties would be adorable for my furbabies! Thanks Holly!

26. Holly commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 10:02pm

Keep doing it please! I try and keep up with about a dozen design/decorating websites (yours, apartmentherapy and younghouselove are my faves) but I cant also spend hours trawling through etsy looking for the gems. You are doing decorating addicts a big favour!

27. S commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 10:22pm

oooh! i absolutely adore amber alexander. i purchased a few of her pieces last year and love them to bits. so whimiscal.

i always enjoy your etsy take 5!

28. Corinne commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 11:13pm

Please don’t get rid of Etsy Take Five Tuesday. It is one of my favourites too. Etsy is very overwhelming at times and I agree with Good Housekeeping that you do a great job finding the good stores.

29. Dagmarette @ The Finishing School commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 11:34pm

How sweet is that bow tie for a pup! Yes you truly do have some amazing finds on etsy! Congrats on Good Housekeeping and keep up the great work!

30. Stacey commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 11:36pm

Oh! Those whale tissue holders! I was just looking at my tissue box the other day and thinking that I needed to knit or sew a cover, because it really looks so ugly all by itself, but now I think I’m going to buy one of those whales! It’s way cuter than anything I could make, and I’d rather support an entrepreneur than put hours into a DIY project :)
    Stacey´s last blog post ..A beautiful January day for a picnic

31. Katie Truelove commented
    February 8th, 2011 at 11:53pm

I love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays too! I find etsy hard to navigate and overwhelming at times but I love seeing the beautiful items you feature. I appreciate how much work must go into searching through to find your picks each week!
    Katie Truelove´s last blog post ..Sending Some Love

32. Lily from Birch + Bird commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 7:13am

So happy to see some of our Etsy favourites like Amber and English Muffin shop featured by you! As Etsy sellers ourselves, we would love for you to continue with Etsy Take 5 Tuesdays…so many of our readers and friends find it overwhelming to search on their own and love having some direction towards fabulous shops like these. Looking forward to reading your Good Housekeeping article…congrats!!!
    Lily from Birch + Bird´s last blog post ..The Colours of Love

33. maya commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 7:24am

awesome!
    maya´s last blog post ..almost valentine

34. tinajo commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 7:53am

This was a great post, love everything! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Knobs!

35. Marram Studio commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 10:56am

Soooooo glad to hear that you’re continuing Etsy Take 5 Tuesdays – I find all of your blog interesting/inspiring but the Etsy posts are some of my favourites. And have inspired me to think about setting up shop over on Etsy.

36. hena tayeb commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 2:56pm

the whales are too cute and i always love a great map
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Turning Twenty Seven

37. Gaelan @ Uschi and Kay commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 2:57pm

This post is so perfect for me today. I’ve been looking for a bowtie for my dog (she’s going to be in our wedding) and these are so great. Thanks for the great post!

38. Lindsey (aka modchik) commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 4:43pm

I love that you do all the work for us so we can just sit back and SHOP! I love the whales and the English Muffin shop. Thanks & congrats on the Good Housekeeping article Holly!
    Lindsey (aka modchik)´s last blog post ..My new photo blog at OC Family

39. little.black.tie. commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 5:19pm

The bow tie collars are too cute!

40. Emily commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 6:28pm

So glad that you will keep up the Etsy posts, they are my favorite!! Thank you!

41. jessicaswift commented
    February 9th, 2011 at 10:00pm

THose watercolor prints at the top are just GORGEOUS!!

42. Katie commented
    February 10th, 2011 at 3:45pm

wow, i love that dog collar!