Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

February 8, 2011

Hello friends, it’s Tuesday and time for my Etsy picks for the week. Yesterday, I had a phone interview with Good Housekeeping since they wanted to talk to me about my upcoming book and were curious as to how I find so many good shops on Etsy for this column each week (honored!). I was very flattered that the writer follows this column and knowing that inspired me to keep it going for 2011 as I toyed with the idea of discontinuing it. You can look for me in the May issue of Good Housekeeping, where I’ll share some of my favorite Etsy shops and others online that specialize in vintage finds for the home. Now onto my picks for the week. I hope that you like them!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

The beautiful watercolor prints by Amber Alexander in Vermont feature whimsical animals that will no doubt captivate you.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Miles of Light nature prints and cards are completely captivating. I imagine them looking so lovely in a variety of rooms, they really touch my heart!

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Have a dog? Silly Buddy will steal your heart with doggy bow-tie collars and fantastic leashes in fun prints and patterns. These are soooo cute….

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

Have a whale of a time with these tissue holders from Gnome Sweeet Gnome.

Etsy Take Five Tuesdays

English Muffin Shop has the sweetest art for kid’s and the young at heart in her shop, which is based out of Montreal, Canada. Love her pretty world maps the most!

(images: linked to their sources above.)

• Reply Emily February 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I ran across English Muffin Shop the other day and fell in LOVE. Those whales are pretty stinkin’ cute too!

• Reply Tricia McKellar February 8, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Aww! Those whale tissue holders are fabulous! :)

• Reply Lori Dean Dyment February 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I love the Etsy Take 5 Tuesday too. It’s one of my favorite posts. Please don’t stop showing us your great finds.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente February 8, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Oh no, I love this feature! So glad you are going to still do it although I know you must be so busy. Adore Amber’s work & miles of light….and how frickin sweet are those whales? I want a white one! :) Hope you are having a wonderful week hun.

• Reply Bess | English Muffin Shop February 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Holly, this is such a treat! Thank you so much for featuring my work as part of your Etsy Take Five Tuesdays :)
    vielen dank!

• Reply ARTiculateART February 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm

The watercolor prints of the birds are beautiful! The whale tissue holders are cute too!

• Reply jenn February 8, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Oh wow, those Miles of Light prints are amazing!
    And, I’m glad you didn’t discontinue this feature … I look forward to it every week!

• Reply Diana Smith February 8, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I love the childrens art! The pink and brown map is precious!

• Reply Kristan February 8, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I LOOOOVE the whale tissue boxes and the doggy bow tie collar! Thank you for sharing these great finds.

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover February 8, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Those animal drawings are so adorable.. as are the whale tissue holders! Would love to have one of those, ha! Oh, and those bow ties!! Great collection here!

• Reply Giulia February 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I love maps…I have a large world map in our play room, many dots of where we’ve been and many green dots of where we want to go once the kids are older.
    Love your Etsy Tuesday feature.

• Reply Hande February 8, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Dear Holly, thank you very much for featuring us here in your lovely Take Five picks! So glad to be introduced to the English Muffin Shop! The whales are adorable and Amber’s work has always been a favorite :)

• Reply This Much February 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Love the first shop you featured. The colors are great!

• Reply juliette February 8, 2011 at 6:36 pm

love those colored maps! …am now realizing just how many maps we already have hanging on our walls…lol, I’m counting 4 large ones, ha! Still, we can add to the collection =)

• Reply Shanon February 8, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Etsy Take 5 Tuesdays are something I look forward to most. I’m SO glad it’s not going away! =) Congrats to another great set of artists and can’t wait to read the GH article. Woo-hoo!

• Reply Amber February 8, 2011 at 7:30 pm

thank you so much for including my shop in your finds. It took me a while to get through this post.. so many great things, all favorited:)
    beautiful blog.

• Reply shari February 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Congratulations on the Good Housekeeping interview!! Woot woot! ;-)

I LOVE those watercolors of the animals. They stole my heart!!!!

• Reply Annie February 8, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Holly~ I love your Etsy posts and look forward to them! Glad you are continuing them!

• Reply Christine February 8, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Yay, congrats to Bess from English Muffin for the feature! I love her prints and she is a sweetheart too!

• Reply Didem February 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm

just fabulous!

• Reply gayle pickering February 8, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Love your blog and the lovely things you do. Thanks for these ideas – The whale tissue box is adorable – in fact i just sent the link to a dear friend who Lauren Chattman who posted it on her blog “Sag Harbor Days” – Thanks! :))

• Reply gayle pickering February 8, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Love your blog and the adorable things you find. In fact i just sent the whale link to a dear friend Lauren Chattman, who posted it on her blog
    Sag Harbor Days! thanks!! :))

• Reply Jacqui MacNeill (Escents Aromatherapy Bath and Body) February 8, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I just LOVE those cute whale tissue boxes. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply sparkly pony February 8, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Thank you for including our whales!!! We love your blog! Your readers can take 10% off a whale at checkout, if they use this code: DECOR8
    lots of love,
    the sparkly ponies @ gnomesweeeetgnome

• Reply City Chic - Jamie February 8, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Thank you continuing this column, I love Etsy Take 5! I always end up adding goodies to my wish list from your finds. Those whale tissue holders are so cute and the doggie bowties would be adorable for my furbabies! Thanks Holly!

• Reply Holly February 8, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Keep doing it please! I try and keep up with about a dozen design/decorating websites (yours, apartmentherapy and younghouselove are my faves) but I cant also spend hours trawling through etsy looking for the gems. You are doing decorating addicts a big favour!

• Reply S February 8, 2011 at 10:22 pm

oooh! i absolutely adore amber alexander. i purchased a few of her pieces last year and love them to bits. so whimiscal.

i always enjoy your etsy take 5!

• Reply Corinne February 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Please don’t get rid of Etsy Take Five Tuesday. It is one of my favourites too. Etsy is very overwhelming at times and I agree with Good Housekeeping that you do a great job finding the good stores.

• Reply Dagmarette @ The Finishing School February 8, 2011 at 11:34 pm

How sweet is that bow tie for a pup! Yes you truly do have some amazing finds on etsy! Congrats on Good Housekeeping and keep up the great work!

• Reply Stacey February 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Oh! Those whale tissue holders! I was just looking at my tissue box the other day and thinking that I needed to knit or sew a cover, because it really looks so ugly all by itself, but now I think I’m going to buy one of those whales! It’s way cuter than anything I could make, and I’d rather support an entrepreneur than put hours into a DIY project :)

• Reply Katie Truelove February 8, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I love Etsy Take Five Tuesdays too! I find etsy hard to navigate and overwhelming at times but I love seeing the beautiful items you feature. I appreciate how much work must go into searching through to find your picks each week!

• Reply Lily from Birch + Bird February 9, 2011 at 7:13 am

So happy to see some of our Etsy favourites like Amber and English Muffin shop featured by you! As Etsy sellers ourselves, we would love for you to continue with Etsy Take 5 Tuesdays…so many of our readers and friends find it overwhelming to search on their own and love having some direction towards fabulous shops like these. Looking forward to reading your Good Housekeeping article…congrats!!!

• Reply maya February 9, 2011 at 7:24 am

• Reply tinajo February 9, 2011 at 7:53 am

This was a great post, love everything! :-)

• Reply Marram Studio February 9, 2011 at 10:56 am

Soooooo glad to hear that you’re continuing Etsy Take 5 Tuesdays – I find all of your blog interesting/inspiring but the Etsy posts are some of my favourites. And have inspired me to think about setting up shop over on Etsy.

• Reply hena tayeb February 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm

the whales are too cute and i always love a great map

• Reply Gaelan @ Uschi and Kay February 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm

This post is so perfect for me today. I’ve been looking for a bowtie for my dog (she’s going to be in our wedding) and these are so great. Thanks for the great post!

• Reply Lindsey (aka modchik) February 9, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I love that you do all the work for us so we can just sit back and SHOP! I love the whales and the English Muffin shop. Thanks & congrats on the Good Housekeeping article Holly!

• Reply February 9, 2011 at 5:19 pm

The bow tie collars are too cute!

• Reply Emily February 9, 2011 at 6:28 pm

So glad that you will keep up the Etsy posts, they are my favorite!! Thank you!

• Reply jessicaswift February 9, 2011 at 10:00 pm

THose watercolor prints at the top are just GORGEOUS!!

• Reply Katie February 10, 2011 at 3:45 pm

wow, i love that dog collar!