Decorating Tips

Pantone Fall 2011

February 10, 2011

The Pantone color report for fall 2011 looks delightful, doesn’t it? These are the top 10 colors for women’s fashion which we will no doubt see trickling in to the interior design world. “Designers take a painterly approach to fall 2011 by artfully combining bright colors with staple neutrals, reminiscent of how an artist would construct a stunning work of art,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Much like a painter’s masterpiece, there is a certain romance to this season’s palette.”

Pantone Fall 2011

“Taking cues from the great masters, sepia tones of old Hollywood, Chinese opera, cityscapes and countryside, designers are paying close attention to texture, contrast and color for fall 2011 – pairing menswear with feminine twists, warm prints with cool metals, incorporating both old and new influences, and creating an intriguing balance between colors.” Sounds lovely to me. I particularly like the inspiration and the combination of warm prints with cool metals, like silver.

I’d like to see Bamboo, Emberglow and Honeysuckle in a living room, a dining room with nougat walls, crisp white trim, and coffee liqueur and orchid hush. A study in deep teal and phlox would be nice and a nursery in cedar and orchid hush would bring comfort.

Any colors you spot above that you’d like to combine and try at home?

(image: pantone)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Cintia February 10, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Thank you so much, just what a need for my collection. xoxo

• Reply Ludmila @ creamylife February 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Absolutely beautiful color palette!

• Reply Color Collective February 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm

i love all of these colors!!

• Reply Sara February 11, 2011 at 12:02 am

Oooh, I’m thinking deep teal and cedar for a client’s bedroom. Pretty.

• Reply Paige February 11, 2011 at 12:10 am

LOL — I’ll have to let my sister know she’s ahead of the game! She picked out my paint colours for my new home last October — all the bedrooms are in the quarry, the dining room and basement are in coffee, and the rest of the main floor is in nougat, though the trim is a white that has less blue. I was even debating painting the living room a deep teal :)

• Reply julie from hazel & hunter February 11, 2011 at 12:23 am

i’m loving bamboo and finally giving in to honeysuckle – all these are great shades though!

• Reply Giulia February 11, 2011 at 12:47 am

Love the quarry, orchid hush and a splash of teal!

• Reply loni February 11, 2011 at 12:52 am

Ah! I just painted a wall in my front room “quarry.” I am so on top of things and I didn’t even know it :)

• Reply Kerri@driftwood-interiors February 11, 2011 at 1:04 am

Love all of these colours Holly, and as an artist, I really relate to the ‘painterly approach’ mentioned. Yellows, pinks and corals have been the most requested colours lately, and I’ve just finished a painting in a shade very similar to ‘bamboo’. Thanks for the heads-up on all the on-trend colours this season. K

• Reply Pati February 11, 2011 at 2:04 am

Ohhh so pretty. I think a room in Orchid hush with the fun bamboo as an punch of color….Love them all!

• Reply erin February 11, 2011 at 2:26 am

I really love the first 3 colors for summer and the last 4 for winter! I’ve always dreamed of the day when I could have a closet full of accessories, rugs, drapes & pillows to pull from during the changing seasons.

I’m digging the orchid hush & quarry since it represents what my current setup consists of, but if i had better natural light, i’d be all over deep teal & bamboo!

• Reply Sarah February 11, 2011 at 2:49 am

Ooo, Bamboo and Quarry would be nice together, Honeysuckle and Orchid Hush, Honeysuckle and Nougat, and on and on…there are some great colors there with great potential…:))

• Reply Maddison@Waiting For Sunday February 11, 2011 at 3:18 am

Nougat and orchard hush for a bathroom. Maybe the bamboo-everglow-honeysuckle combo for a bright, cheery kitchen. And I’m thinking cedar and a warm gray brown for a bedroom. What great inspiration for a re-paint!

• Reply pilgrim February 11, 2011 at 3:52 am

ooh Bamboo, Emberglow and Honeysuckle are just about the colors of my bedroom!

• Reply Erica Cooper February 11, 2011 at 4:27 am

I am especially drawn to the delightful tones of the bamboo, emberglow and honeysuckle. In fact, they are going to be featured in our new studio office…. can’t wait! They seem fresh and full of energy. We’ll be adding some light and dark neutrals to balance them out. Don’t you just love color?!

• Reply juliette February 11, 2011 at 8:23 am

My office walls are already painted close to Bamboo and my rug is pretty close to Cedar. Since everything else in there is basically white, I’ll definitely be thinking about some accent colors…maybe to do with Emberglow or Honeysuckle…

Funny, I’m noticing our living room is already centered on the Quarry/Deep Teal/Nougat lines. Now if only I could eradicate our red rugs…I wish!

• Reply Emily February 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

I love these colors!

And it’s cracking me up, because I’ve been planning my bedroom in my new house and I was going to use a lighter version of bamboo for the walls, with furniture in a color similar to orchid hush, and bedding and accents in deep teal and phlox. Apparently my house is going to be on trend :)

• Reply Magnolia Square February 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm

loving the neutral tones!

• Reply Melanie Royals February 11, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I’m really loving the whole right side of that palette-with dashes of the left side thrown in!

• Reply ladylyles February 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I’m thinking about painting a bedroom deep teal, it has high arched ceilings. i love this color, but i’m not exactly sure how i’m going to pull it off yet. any suggestions or reference points?

• Reply Christy February 11, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I am always a little sad when a favorite color of mine for decorating (in this case, teal) is one of the pantone colors, just because they are often overdone for a bit. But regardless, our nursery will be teal!

• Reply Trina February 11, 2011 at 9:16 pm

This is my kind of color palette! These colors mesh well with the fair skinned, freckled, redheaded folks in the world! I love it. No wonder I’ve been salivating after all the new fashion magazines!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang February 13, 2011 at 3:14 am

Oh what beautiful colors! Lovely, Lovely, lovely!

• Reply Shari February 13, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I like the new colors for fall! Orchid hush and Coffee Liqueur… I like them together!

• Reply Christina February 14, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I’d love a quarry base with pops of bamboo and phlox. Yes please.

• Reply laura trevey February 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I love the names of these colors!! Emberglow and Phlox – awesome!

• Reply Mandi February 15, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these colors!!! A room bathed in Emberglow, Cedar and Coffee Liquer would be simply divine!! <3

• Reply Danielle February 16, 2011 at 10:09 pm

As I look at the Pantone 2011 palette, I wonder why it feels so comfortable, then I look down at my dark teal desk and over at my quarry hued side tables, then to my wood tone furniture….hmmm that could be why I love the color selection this year!

• Reply Misty February 17, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I just decorated my client meeting space in a color very colse to quarry and deep teal with bamboo accents. Love it!

• Reply Han February 18, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I love the pink and the purple in the middle :) Phlox interesting name

• Reply Sheena March 20, 2011 at 10:43 pm

nougat walls, crisp white trim, and coffee liqueur and orchid hush sounds gorgeous

• Reply summer May 12, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I love all the colors here, thanks for posting!

• Reply Megh August 7, 2011 at 11:12 pm

OBSESSED with bamboo!! Here are some finds to assimilate the trend into your closet before Fall.

• Reply Grondijs November 28, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Beautifull colors! I love Pantone, i just bought some stuff . They have the most amazing stuff from the Pantone Home Collection! You should check it out!