Pantone Fall 2011

The Pantone color report for fall 2011 looks delightful, doesn’t it? These are the top 10 colors for women’s fashion which we will no doubt see trickling in to the interior design world. “Designers take a painterly approach to fall 2011 by artfully combining bright colors with staple neutrals, reminiscent of how an artist would construct a stunning work of art,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Much like a painter’s masterpiece, there is a certain romance to this season’s palette.”

“Taking cues from the great masters, sepia tones of old Hollywood, Chinese opera, cityscapes and countryside, designers are paying close attention to texture, contrast and color for fall 2011 – pairing menswear with feminine twists, warm prints with cool metals, incorporating both old and new influences, and creating an intriguing balance between colors.” Sounds lovely to me. I particularly like the inspiration and the combination of warm prints with cool metals, like silver.

I’d like to see Bamboo, Emberglow and Honeysuckle in a living room, a dining room with nougat walls, crisp white trim, and coffee liqueur and orchid hush. A study in deep teal and phlox would be nice and a nursery in cedar and orchid hush would bring comfort.

Any colors you spot above that you’d like to combine and try at home?

(image: pantone)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on February 10, 2011

1. Cintia commented
    February 10th, 2011 at 11:31pm

Thank you so much, just what a need for my collection. xoxo

2. Ludmila @ creamylife commented
    February 10th, 2011 at 11:32pm

Absolutely beautiful color palette!
    Ludmila @ creamylife´s last blog post ..Modern Vintage storage space

3. Color Collective commented
    February 10th, 2011 at 11:46pm

i love all of these colors!!

4. Sara commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 12:02am

Oooh, I’m thinking deep teal and cedar for a client’s bedroom. Pretty.

5. Paige commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 12:10am

LOL — I’ll have to let my sister know she’s ahead of the game! She picked out my paint colours for my new home last October — all the bedrooms are in the quarry, the dining room and basement are in coffee, and the rest of the main floor is in nougat, though the trim is a white that has less blue. I was even debating painting the living room a deep teal :)

6. julie from hazel & hunter commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 12:23am

i’m loving bamboo and finally giving in to honeysuckle – all these are great shades though!

7. Giulia commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 12:47am

Love the quarry, orchid hush and a splash of teal!

8. loni commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 12:52am

Ah! I just painted a wall in my front room “quarry.” I am so on top of things and I didn’t even know it :)

9. Kerri@driftwood-interiors commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 1:04am

Love all of these colours Holly, and as an artist, I really relate to the ‘painterly approach’ mentioned. Yellows, pinks and corals have been the most requested colours lately, and I’ve just finished a painting in a shade very similar to ‘bamboo’. Thanks for the heads-up on all the on-trend colours this season. K

10. Pati commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 2:04am

Ohhh so pretty. I think a room in Orchid hush with the fun bamboo as an punch of color….Love them all!

11. erin commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 2:26am

I really love the first 3 colors for summer and the last 4 for winter! I’ve always dreamed of the day when I could have a closet full of accessories, rugs, drapes & pillows to pull from during the changing seasons.

I’m digging the orchid hush & quarry since it represents what my current setup consists of, but if i had better natural light, i’d be all over deep teal & bamboo!
    erin´s last blog post ..New Plant

12. Sarah commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 2:49am

Ooo, Bamboo and Quarry would be nice together, Honeysuckle and Orchid Hush, Honeysuckle and Nougat, and on and on…there are some great colors there with great potential…:))
    Sarah´s last blog post ..White out

13. Maddison@Waiting For Sunday commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 3:18am

Nougat and orchard hush for a bathroom. Maybe the bamboo-everglow-honeysuckle combo for a bright, cheery kitchen. And I’m thinking cedar and a warm gray brown for a bedroom. What great inspiration for a re-paint!

14. pilgrim commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 3:52am

ooh Bamboo, Emberglow and Honeysuckle are just about the colors of my bedroom!
    pilgrim´s last blog post ..five-o-rite- friday finery

15. Erica Cooper commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 4:27am

I am especially drawn to the delightful tones of the bamboo, emberglow and honeysuckle. In fact, they are going to be featured in our new studio office…. can’t wait! They seem fresh and full of energy. We’ll be adding some light and dark neutrals to balance them out. Don’t you just love color?!
    Erica Cooper´s last blog post ..Exciting News to Share!

16. juliette commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 8:23am

My office walls are already painted close to Bamboo and my rug is pretty close to Cedar. Since everything else in there is basically white, I’ll definitely be thinking about some accent colors…maybe to do with Emberglow or Honeysuckle…

Funny, I’m noticing our living room is already centered on the Quarry/Deep Teal/Nougat lines. Now if only I could eradicate our red rugs…I wish!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Projects in the pipeline

17. Emily commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 9:32am

I love these colors!

And it’s cracking me up, because I’ve been planning my bedroom in my new house and I was going to use a lighter version of bamboo for the walls, with furniture in a color similar to orchid hush, and bedding and accents in deep teal and phlox. Apparently my house is going to be on trend :)

18. Magnolia Square commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 12:25pm

loving the neutral tones!

19. Melanie Royals commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 6:21pm

I’m really loving the whole right side of that palette-with dashes of the left side thrown in!

20. ladylyles commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 8:35pm

I’m thinking about painting a bedroom deep teal, it has high arched ceilings. i love this color, but i’m not exactly sure how i’m going to pull it off yet. any suggestions or reference points?

21. Christy commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 8:38pm

I am always a little sad when a favorite color of mine for decorating (in this case, teal) is one of the pantone colors, just because they are often overdone for a bit. But regardless, our nursery will be teal!
    Christy´s last blog post ..My favorite kind of corn

22. Trina commented
    February 11th, 2011 at 9:16pm

This is my kind of color palette! These colors mesh well with the fair skinned, freckled, redheaded folks in the world! I love it. No wonder I’ve been salivating after all the new fashion magazines!

23. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    February 13th, 2011 at 3:14am

Oh what beautiful colors! Lovely, Lovely, lovely!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Banana Bread Recipe

24. Shari commented
    February 13th, 2011 at 6:43pm

I like the new colors for fall! Orchid hush and Coffee Liqueur… I like them together!
    Shari´s last blog post ..Secession – New Clothing Line Coming Out Soon!

25. Christina commented
    February 14th, 2011 at 7:31pm

I’d love a quarry base with pops of bamboo and phlox. Yes please.

26. laura trevey commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 2:39pm

I love the names of these colors!! Emberglow and Phlox – awesome!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Where We Blog – Home Office – Favorite Cozy Spot

27. Mandi commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 3:13pm

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these colors!!! A room bathed in Emberglow, Cedar and Coffee Liquer would be simply divine!! <3

28. Danielle commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 10:09pm

As I look at the Pantone 2011 palette, I wonder why it feels so comfortable, then I look down at my dark teal desk and over at my quarry hued side tables, then to my wood tone furniture….hmmm that could be why I love the color selection this year!
    Danielle´s last blog post ..What to Wear Wednesdays- Blue is for Girls

29. Misty commented
    February 17th, 2011 at 6:06pm

I just decorated my client meeting space in a color very colse to quarry and deep teal with bamboo accents. Love it!

30. Han commented
    February 18th, 2011 at 4:58pm

I love the pink and the purple in the middle :) Phlox interesting name
    Han´s last blog post ..Day 47

31. Sheena commented
    March 20th, 2011 at 10:43pm

nougat walls, crisp white trim, and coffee liqueur and orchid hush sounds gorgeous

32. summer commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:27pm

I love all the colors here, thanks for posting!

33. Megh commented
    August 7th, 2011 at 11:12pm

OBSESSED with bamboo!! Here are some finds to assimilate the trend into your closet before Fall.

Cheers!
    Megh

34. Grondijs commented
    November 28th, 2012 at 3:30pm

Beautifull colors! I love Pantone, i just bought some stuff . They have the most amazing stuff from the Pantone Home Collection! You should check it out!