Decorating Tips

Interior Styling Inspiration

February 21, 2011

Whether you are brand new to decorating or an oldie but goodie pro, you’ll be inspired by the interiors over at the decor8 Interior Styling group on Flickr. Why? Because these homes are real homes, not styled to perfection but styled for living. The group has nearly 3,000 members (I’m really hoping you’ll join so we can hit the 3K mark soon!) from all over the globe and I’m so proud of it because each precious member plays a very special part in making it a fun spot to find great decorating ideas that are attainable and beautiful. Here are a few lovely corners from some of the most recent submissions to the group — these homes caught my eye today.

Interior Styling Inspiration

F.Klein | Dora iz Londona | Détailliste| debee_art

Interior Styling Inspiration

wood & wool stool | Virginie Photography

Interior Styling Inspiration

Secrets of a Butterfly | Dottie Angel | herz-allerliebst

There are hundreds of photos to look through over here so make sure you take a moment to see all of the other incredible submissions to the group. Spot any favorites?

(images: linked to their sources above.)

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

• Reply nancy @ {COZAMIA} February 21, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I totally love this! Its always great to be able to browse through REAL homes, I find they often have a lot more personality than the overly styled magazine stuff (I won’t lie though, I like mags too) but this is a nice break from that :)

• Reply liza February 21, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Yes. 8foot6’s vintage corner and kootoyoo’s coffee sack footstool! I love that stool! Thank you for reminding me of your group – I do love looking at real spaces.

• Reply Detailliste February 21, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Thank you so much for choosing to post my bedroom here – I feel very honoured ! beautiful blogg !!!

• Reply Camilla February 21, 2011 at 8:32 pm

WOW the red&pink combination in Debee’s photo is just A M A Z I N G
    All these interiors are so inspiring and your “taste in choose” is just lovely…

• Reply Bekka February 21, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I just joined the group, now if the sun would come out I could get some photos of my home!

• Reply Katie Truelove February 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I joined a few months ago and have loved looking through the beautiful and real photos– super inspiring…I’ve got to upload a few of mine soon!!

• Reply Renee February 21, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I absolutely love the inspiration from this group! I haven’t posted a picture in a while but I just moved and I’m hoping in the next little bit, I’ll have a ton of images to post!

• Reply Dana February 21, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Such beautiful images! They’ve totally cheered up my dreary Monday…now I’m off to join the Flikr group!

• Reply Marissa Waddell February 22, 2011 at 2:57 am

Wow, these are so beautiful. Real, accessible styling is so beautiful. I’d take these over styled to perfection any day!

• Reply kalanicut February 22, 2011 at 4:23 am

Yeah, I’m number 2980. ;) I definitely could use some inspiration as we’ve just gotten the couch of our dreams and now everything in my little apartment needs to be rethought and edited again. And hopefully it will result in some good contributions to the Flikr group. :)

• Reply jen {das sushi} February 22, 2011 at 8:52 am

I love how much thought goes in to these spaces! I need to attack my house corner by corner, I think…

• Reply ana February 22, 2011 at 4:19 pm

So many wonderful inspirations. I would love to “construct” a mirrors wall in my apartment

• Reply Vanessa Elizabeth l Ruffled Rose February 22, 2011 at 4:30 pm

What fun find! I’m off to check it out.

• Reply STYLIZIMO February 22, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I love every one of them, Holly! I’m actually a member of your Flickr group but I haven’t uploaded any pictures there in a while. Maybe I should :)

• Reply Kat February 22, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Just doing my usual Decor8 catch up and imagine my surprise to find my hydrangeas photo in amongst such prettiness from the Interior styling group.
    Thank you treasure, for including my little kitchen photo.

I always seek to upload certain interior photos of mine, to your group only, so there’s no repetitiveness.
    I find much to be inspired by there, as like you say it’s all Real homes. And people around the world have such eclectic and excellent taste. At least that’s how it seems in your carefully edited selection for us within the group pool.
    Love Kat x

• Reply Ann February 22, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I’m trying to experiment with more color, but all the white designs make me SWOON. Sigh. :)

• Reply Kate February 23, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Such beautiful pics! I just love the dinner table one – I’m a big believer in going all out for dinners with the special touches and this looks like a table I’d love to be invited to! I’m also drawn to the picture of the white table with the wire basket underneath – love the contrast between the smooth white table, the delicate flowers and the wire basket. Such decor happiness!

• Reply Charlotte February 24, 2011 at 4:33 am

I like the design of the frame with butterfly. Overall, nice arrangement
    for a bedroom with lots of flowers.

• Reply bg February 28, 2011 at 7:53 pm

What kind of flowers are these?

Thanks