Color Combo: Mint + Beige

Mmmm mint! I’m all about beige right now also and loving it, especially as a trench coat with a fun, colorful patterned lining for spring or on the walls with crisp white glossy trim. I’m also liking mint and cream a great deal… I keep thinking of painting an hold cabinet a minty green like the one shown below. What is your current color crush? I think peachy coral would be a great accent with this mint/beige color combo, don’t you think?

Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh

necklace from boden, j.crew vintage cotton tee, sugarcane + cocoa necklace from anthropologie, pie crust dinnerware from anthropologie, escape from the black forest print by the black apple, birds eggs from Australia print from cake with giants, kid’s room from MILK magazine, little town made from envelopes by camilla engman.

Going Green

Going Green

Not a big fan of pastel-y Mint? Even though it is such a pretty hue… it’s not for everyone. You can combine it with fresh green or chartreuse to brighten things up or add in a muddy olive and deep gray to make the room more rich and cozy… above are some inspirations from vtwonen magazine showing you how to mix mint in for a fresh spring look. If you are not familiar with vtwonen, it is a fabulous decorating magazine from the Netherlands that I started subscribing to a few years ago. I can’t miss a month of this mag – even Leslie is a subscriber and a few of my other US-based friends. I definitely suggest it for loads of decorating ideas & inspiration. They produce books to, I will be in Amsterdam in June so I plan to pick up a few this time as they’re quite amazing.

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration, Color Me Pretty on February 28, 2011

1. Amanda commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:36pm

my heart just skipped a beat. i’m getting all vaklempt over here haha i LOVE mint and beige together. and this post has me absolutely swooning. Pinterest, here i come!
    Amanda´s last blog post ..Ode to Oscar

2. Monica Lee commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:40pm

Well, it was melon but now it is mint!! Maybe I am just hungry….

3. Annie commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:42pm

I love your blog, every time when I get to your web I find something interesting and inspiring for my writing and creative work! Love, Annie!

4. Holly commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:46pm

I love the necklaces!
    Holly´s last blog post ..Fill in the Blank Friday

5. Giulia commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 6:52pm

I’m loving that colour. I have my office nook in the family room painted a minty fresh green. The rest of the walls a warm gray and my file boxes are a deeper green. It distinguishes the space but still blends nicely into the more kids focused area of the room.
    Giulia´s last blog post ..One photo a week – 9-52

6. handz commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:23pm

I like this color combination, expecialy on the clothes of the girl on 2nd photo – it just feel right!

7. Andreia commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:38pm

Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! So soft these pastel tones. Geat colour combination!

8. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:42pm

What a beautiful color-combination…so summery and yes mint-fresh!! would be wonderful for a little girl’s room…more so with the peachy coral accent..lovely post, Holly!
    xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Oscar 2011- The ladies who ruled the red carpet

9. jenn commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 7:54pm

I love this color combo … so fresh for spring! I am totally loving your suggestion to add a pop of chartreuse. It would make such an unexpected and delightful pop!
    jenn´s last blog post ..create flower garland

10. Kristen commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 9:03pm

I’m also loving mint! In fact, I just bought a 1930s cottage and painted the kitchen pale mint and the cabinets one shade darker. I love it!

11. Sarah commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 9:23pm

Lovely color combo Holly and I am currently crushing on turquoise…in paint, jewelry and painted furniture…love it in pastel, dark, medium…etc. :))
    Sarah´s last blog post ..GIVEAWAY!NEED A NEW HANDBAG

12. Vanessa Elizabeth l Ruffled Rose commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 9:52pm

Mint always feels like one of those quinessential, preppy Spring colours. So delightful!

13. Ana commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 9:54pm

I am so loving this too!
    xx

14. Lisa commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 10:12pm

I heart this color combo so much — so fresh and pretty! (Yep I gotta say it: minty fresh!)

I have been eyeing that Anthro necklace for a while now, I think you nudged me over the edge. :)

Not to mention, it goes perfectly with my tea break — I am sipping on a mint green tea right now.

Hugs to you Holly, and thanks again for always making my afternoon break refreshing! :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Pretty plums

15. Lisa commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 10:20pm

I forgot to add, I love the envelopes by Camilla — she is a genius! :)
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Pretty plums

16. Kat commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 10:22pm

I love these posts combining fashion and home ideas together Holly. The colour pallette is so inspiring for each.
    I like the wallpaper and Secret Garden print in that image from Milk magazine.
    Luv Kat x

17. Amy commented
    February 28th, 2011 at 11:54pm

I love love mint and tan! My bedroom is a very light mint color and it’s very soothing.

Thanks for sharing the vtwonen magazine pages, they are wonderful! Love that birch tree wallpaper! I would love to get my hands on a copy of this magazine:)
    Amy´s last blog post ..Office Corner Organization

18. Lauren commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 12:32am

Great color combo for spring!

Very clean…love!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Well- her shoes were my favorite part

19. belinda/gretchenmist commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 12:56am

it’s such a grown up colour combo! i am at one with mint, but usually i’m not so into beige . . . but when you call it muddy olive, that’s a whole other thing!
    love the bedding with the white text :)
    belinda/gretchenmist´s last blog post ..yay!

20. RUTH commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 1:07am

Beautiful images, brilliant post.

My colour crush is antique grey and lavender, I must say it’s quite the lover affair!

xx
    RUTH´s last blog post ..partie deux

21. ARTiculateART commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 2:35am

Love the colours!!! The minty colour seems to very popular these days! Love it on ceramics!
    ARTiculateART´s last blog post ..Fashion Photography- Paris

22. Jamie Herzlinger commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 4:53am

Fun post!
    Have a great week!
    Jamie Herzlinger

23. Greta commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 5:06am

A few years ago I painted my kitchen a jadite green color called “Easy Green”. I collected jadite and it’s housed in white cabinets that look great against the green walls.

That’s the only green I’ve ever used in my house. A couple of years ago I started wearing a lot of olive green and have now graduated to a gray/green color that I dearly love.

Am getting new gray toned tile in my bathroom. We painted the walls what was supposed to be a gray. (It looks lilac against the tiles!)

Gonna check out some green paint samples tomorrow! LOL

Unlike Kermit the Frog, I’m finding it easier and easier to be green!

24. Fjasevas commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 8:50am

Wow! My heart just jumped:) I love this photos!!! Beautiful colors…mmh.

x

25. Jürgen commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 9:18am

Fantastic!
    I love all these ideas. Thanks for the recommendation of the magazine.
    Jürgen´s last blog post ..Nicht ohne meine Kamera – Not without my camera – No sin mi cámara

26. Ana commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 1:32pm

Loved the mint + beige combo…
    Right now I am into all shades of green and a lot of yellow! :-)

xx,
    A.

27. Roberto commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 3:30pm

I must admit that i like it.
    It’s a great color ccombinatio
    Roberto´s last blog post ..Ergo – Assicurazione Auto d’Epoca

28. Glenda Childers commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 3:39pm

This art piece with the envelopes is so so lovely. Reminds me of the wonderful days, when letters came in the mail, rather than to my computer.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..A Great Conversation in a Penske Truck

29. laura @ the shorehouse commented
    March 1st, 2011 at 11:40pm

I just looovvvee these colors together right now. I bought a light, light greenish blue faux turquoise costumey ring and now I want to wear beige and minty blue all the time!
    laura @ the shorehouse´s last blog post ..Rolling out the red mostly black- with earth tone highlights carpet

30. Vivian commented
    March 2nd, 2011 at 4:19am

I love these colors together. So pretty!! I even had them as my wedding colors when I got married this past year :)