Color Inspiration

Mint + Beige

February 28, 2011

Mmmm mint! I’m all about beige right now also and loving it, especially as a trench coat with a fun, colorful patterned lining for spring or on the walls with crisp white glossy trim. I’m also liking mint and cream a great deal… I keep thinking of painting an hold cabinet a minty green like the one shown below. What is your current color crush? I think peachy coral would be a great accent with this mint/beige color combo, don’t you think?

Mint + Beige

Mint + Beige

necklace from boden, j.crew vintage cotton tee, sugarcane + cocoa necklace from anthropologie, pie crust dinnerware from anthropologie, escape from the black forest print by the black apple, birds eggs from Australia print from cake with giants, kid’s room from MILK magazine, little town made from envelopes by camilla engman.

Mint + Beige

Mint + Beige

Not a big fan of pastel-y Mint? Even though it is such a pretty hue… it’s not for everyone. You can combine it with fresh green or chartreuse to brighten things up or add in a muddy olive and deep gray to make the room more rich and cozy… above are some inspirations from vtwonen magazine showing you how to mix mint in for a fresh spring look. If you are not familiar with vtwonen, it is a fabulous decorating magazine from the Netherlands that I started subscribing to a few years ago. I can’t miss a month of this mag – even Leslie is a subscriber and a few of my other US-based friends. I definitely suggest it for loads of decorating ideas & inspiration. They produce books to, I will be in Amsterdam in June so I plan to pick up a few this time as they’re quite amazing.

(images linked to their sources above)

You Might Also Like

30 Comments

• Reply Amanda February 28, 2011 at 6:36 pm

my heart just skipped a beat. i’m getting all vaklempt over here haha i LOVE mint and beige together. and this post has me absolutely swooning. Pinterest, here i come!

• Reply Monica Lee February 28, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Well, it was melon but now it is mint!! Maybe I am just hungry….

• Reply Annie February 28, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I love your blog, every time when I get to your web I find something interesting and inspiring for my writing and creative work! Love, Annie!

• Reply Holly February 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I love the necklaces!

• Reply Giulia February 28, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I’m loving that colour. I have my office nook in the family room painted a minty fresh green. The rest of the walls a warm gray and my file boxes are a deeper green. It distinguishes the space but still blends nicely into the more kids focused area of the room.

• Reply handz February 28, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I like this color combination, expecialy on the clothes of the girl on 2nd photo – it just feel right!

• Reply Andreia February 28, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! So soft these pastel tones. Geat colour combination!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold February 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm

What a beautiful color-combination…so summery and yes mint-fresh!! would be wonderful for a little girl’s room…more so with the peachy coral accent..lovely post, Holly!
    xx meenal

• Reply jenn February 28, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I love this color combo … so fresh for spring! I am totally loving your suggestion to add a pop of chartreuse. It would make such an unexpected and delightful pop!

• Reply Kristen February 28, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I’m also loving mint! In fact, I just bought a 1930s cottage and painted the kitchen pale mint and the cabinets one shade darker. I love it!

• Reply Sarah February 28, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Lovely color combo Holly and I am currently crushing on turquoise…in paint, jewelry and painted furniture…love it in pastel, dark, medium…etc. :))

• Reply Vanessa Elizabeth l Ruffled Rose February 28, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Mint always feels like one of those quinessential, preppy Spring colours. So delightful!

• Reply Ana February 28, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I am so loving this too!
    xx

• Reply Lisa February 28, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I heart this color combo so much — so fresh and pretty! (Yep I gotta say it: minty fresh!)

I have been eyeing that Anthro necklace for a while now, I think you nudged me over the edge. :)

Not to mention, it goes perfectly with my tea break — I am sipping on a mint green tea right now.

Hugs to you Holly, and thanks again for always making my afternoon break refreshing! :)

• Reply Lisa February 28, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I forgot to add, I love the envelopes by Camilla — she is a genius! :)

• Reply Kat February 28, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I love these posts combining fashion and home ideas together Holly. The colour pallette is so inspiring for each.
    I like the wallpaper and Secret Garden print in that image from Milk magazine.
    Luv Kat x

• Reply Amy February 28, 2011 at 11:54 pm

I love love mint and tan! My bedroom is a very light mint color and it’s very soothing.

Thanks for sharing the vtwonen magazine pages, they are wonderful! Love that birch tree wallpaper! I would love to get my hands on a copy of this magazine:)

• Reply Lauren March 1, 2011 at 12:32 am

Great color combo for spring!

Very clean…love!

• Reply belinda/gretchenmist March 1, 2011 at 12:56 am

it’s such a grown up colour combo! i am at one with mint, but usually i’m not so into beige . . . but when you call it muddy olive, that’s a whole other thing!
    love the bedding with the white text :)

• Reply RUTH March 1, 2011 at 1:07 am

Beautiful images, brilliant post.

My colour crush is antique grey and lavender, I must say it’s quite the lover affair!

xx

• Reply ARTiculateART March 1, 2011 at 2:35 am

Love the colours!!! The minty colour seems to very popular these days! Love it on ceramics!

• Reply Jamie Herzlinger March 1, 2011 at 4:53 am

Fun post!
    Have a great week!
    Jamie Herzlinger

• Reply Greta March 1, 2011 at 5:06 am

A few years ago I painted my kitchen a jadite green color called “Easy Green”. I collected jadite and it’s housed in white cabinets that look great against the green walls.

That’s the only green I’ve ever used in my house. A couple of years ago I started wearing a lot of olive green and have now graduated to a gray/green color that I dearly love.

Am getting new gray toned tile in my bathroom. We painted the walls what was supposed to be a gray. (It looks lilac against the tiles!)

Gonna check out some green paint samples tomorrow! LOL

Unlike Kermit the Frog, I’m finding it easier and easier to be green!

• Reply Fjasevas March 1, 2011 at 8:50 am

Wow! My heart just jumped:) I love this photos!!! Beautiful colors…mmh.

x

• Reply Jürgen March 1, 2011 at 9:18 am

Fantastic!
    I love all these ideas. Thanks for the recommendation of the magazine.

• Reply Ana March 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Loved the mint + beige combo…
    Right now I am into all shades of green and a lot of yellow! :-)

xx,
    A.

• Reply Roberto March 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I must admit that i like it.
    It’s a great color ccombinatio

• Reply Glenda Childers March 1, 2011 at 3:39 pm

This art piece with the envelopes is so so lovely. Reminds me of the wonderful days, when letters came in the mail, rather than to my computer.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply laura @ the shorehouse March 1, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I just looovvvee these colors together right now. I bought a light, light greenish blue faux turquoise costumey ring and now I want to wear beige and minty blue all the time!

• Reply Vivian March 2, 2011 at 4:19 am

I love these colors together. So pretty!! I even had them as my wedding colors when I got married this past year :)