uncategorized

Decorate + decor8 on Facebook!

March 7, 2011

I got up this morning and felt so inspired to begin a new week… and I’m starting to feel really excited about my book launching on March 25 in the UK — I can’t wait! I have a Facebook fan page for Decorate and I’d love it if you would join because I’m not only sharing book contributors and their websites each day until the launch, but I’m also going to start listing upcoming book tour dates. So far, I have a book launch party secured in London on April 13 (I’ll tell you where soon) and a book signing and blogger meet up scheduled in Amsterdam on June 25.

Decorate + decor8 on Facebook!

I’ll also be speaking at the Blogher/Creative Connection event in St. Paul (please come if you can!!!) on September 15 and doing a book signing there that weekend, and on Sunday, September 18th I’ll be in Berlin speaking at a huge event for small business that Etsy is hosting called Hello Etsy. It feels good to be booking dates to get out there and meet lots of you – I can’t wait.

To stay in the loop please join the Decorate Facebook Page and if you’d like, the decor8 Facebook page too — I’m posting stuff regularly on both fan pages for the book and the blog. :)

Decorate + decor8 on Facebook!

Here’s to getting out there to mix +  mingle and sell some books – yay! These are exciting times for sure.

P.S. Thank you Casasugar for the great review!

(image: holly becker for decor8)

31 Comments

• Reply Reyna March 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I’ll be at Blogher Creative Connection, I can’t wait to see you there! I love all of the work that you do. Inspiring!

• Reply decor8 March 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm

@Shereen that’s great!
      @Reyna Yay, you will definitely see me if you are going to the dinner on the 15th – I’m speaking.

• Reply Shereen March 7, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Great idea to have a fanpage for the book! I am so excited to get my hands on a copy. (p.s., I had posted a few weeks back that I was selling my little home and was sad/happy about it because I put so much love/joy/fun into decorating it! Well it sold this weekend! Yay! Now need inspiration for new home – hope your book comes out soon in Canada!)

• Reply Lala Ema March 7, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I so hope to make it in Berlin at that date ! and wonderful to have a facebook page for the book!

• Reply Rocio Rincon March 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I can’t wait to get a copy of your book!!! Of course I’m gonna join your Decorate Facebook Page. I’m so happy for you, congratulations! Are you coming to the US with your book tour? I hope I get a chance to see you. Love your work!!!

• Reply Laura March 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Love your blog! Can’t wait to get the book! and I am glad you have a facebook fan page! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

• Reply maureen March 7, 2011 at 9:17 pm

much Congrats to u Holly! the book looks gorgeous from the images, hope u do a US book tour as well…joined ur FB pages!

• Reply erin March 7, 2011 at 9:32 pm

St. Paul!? YAY! That means I can come! It’s about a 4 hour drive for me and I really love MN. Adding it to the calendar!

• Reply European Chic March 7, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Congratulations!

I still cannot believe how different the US and UK version of your book look like.

Please do also come to Paris for your book signing!

• Reply Helena - A Diary of Lovely March 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I cant wait to read Decorate and meet you in London!

• Reply Cindy March 7, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Can’t wait to get your book! Hope you do a US book tour – come to Massachusetts!!!

• Reply Sarah March 8, 2011 at 12:03 am

Congrats Holly! You’ll certainly be busy over the coming months. Can’t wait to get the book :)

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 8, 2011 at 12:42 am

So, so fun! I am so excited for you hunnie! Are you going to do a blogger meet up in NYC too? With your book signing/launch? I was so excited the other day to receive an email from amazon, telling me my pre-order of your book will ship a month early! :) Can. NOT. wait.
    xo
    Melis

• Reply irene (Bloesem) March 8, 2011 at 2:07 am

Unreal!! You must be so happy and PROUD!! xx

• Reply Beth Anderson March 8, 2011 at 2:26 am

Fantastic! Brava!

• Reply Emma March 8, 2011 at 3:31 am

This must be such an amazing time in your life! Congratulations! Will you zip up to Canada for a little book signing? We would love to have you!

• Reply Ele March 8, 2011 at 8:51 am

Eeeeee how exciting! I’ve put April 13 down in my diary, I am SO excited to meet you and have my book (which I’m sure I will love) signed.

• Reply decor8 March 8, 2011 at 11:36 am

@Ele this is wonderful!!! Yay!!!! I can’t wait to meet you too. :)

• Reply Meera @ firstsense March 8, 2011 at 11:49 am

I can’t wait for the release of your book, Holly! I have heard wonderful things about it and I adore your blog, so I know it will be brilliant!

Meera xx

• Reply Jane March 8, 2011 at 11:53 am

Oh, Holly, I’m doing BYW with you at the moment which has me in raptures. Unfortunately, I live in Australia so won’t be able to make any of these lovely events. I hope they are huge successes and I can’t wait to buy your book. Now how do I decide whether to buy the UK or US version? Are only the covers different? J x

• Reply decor8 March 8, 2011 at 12:40 pm

@Jane – The UK version is in British English and the US is in American English. So being that you are from Australia you may like the UK version better?
      But Murdoch Books in Australia will release it there where you live April 1 and it will have the US jacket but the UK end papers (which are so beautiful with quotes and color on them, the US end papers are solid yellow) and the type on the Australian version is raised on the cover AND its in British English.

• Reply vosgesparis March 8, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Joining .. joining… Congratulations! How Exciting for you! I would love to come and meet you and pick up the book when you are in Amsterdam, seeing I live there it is a home party for me ;)
    If I can help you with anything over here, don’t hesitate to email me!
    Hurrah for you,
    Desiree

• Reply Lori Ford March 8, 2011 at 8:45 pm

ordered my copies of Decorate at the last show through Chronicle. Can’t wait to have them in the shop!

• Reply decor8 March 8, 2011 at 11:02 pm

@Lori this is very exciting! Thank you for supporting me and my first book! :)

• Reply Lise M March 8, 2011 at 10:50 pm

It will be so much fun meeting you Holly! I’m so exited about the Amsterdam event but we’ll meet first in London! Can’t wait!

• Reply candi March 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I’m so happy and excited for you…can’t wait to get your book!

• Reply Ana March 10, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Hi Holly,

Congratulations with your book!
    I live in Amsterdam! So I am really looking forward for when you come here…

I am pregnant and I am due June 30th… so I am not sure I will be able to be there… but hope so!
    Would love to see you and get a signed copy of your book!

xx,
    A.

• Reply sally mae March 11, 2011 at 5:00 am

Thank you for the heads up about the St. Paul event. As as Wisconsin girl, I’m totally psyched!!! See you in September:)

• Reply dawn March 12, 2011 at 11:14 pm

oh holly,

i am late seeing this…have been busy, busy, busy with byw…and loving it!!

i nearly fell off my chair with excitement seeing that you are coming to St Paul…only one short hour drive away…i think i might just burst! can’t wait!

hoping you are having a great week-end…

dawn xo

• Reply Elka March 14, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Thanks for the preview copy of your gorgeous book! It was a joy to page through it and write the review.

• Reply Jennifer July 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I’ve subscribed to your FB feed. Awesome blog!!