Events + Markets

Selvedge Spring Fair in London April 2nd

March 11, 2011

I’m so happy to hear about the Selvedge Spring Fair in London on April 2nd but also quite sad as I’ll miss it by only a week since I won’t arrive in London until the 10th for my book launch party on the 13th. This news breaks my heart, especially since I love Selvedge magazine and because their official sponsor is Amy Butler (who is a contributor to my upcoming book). May I just add that I love London. I mean, hello! There always seems to be something super creative and interesting going on there especially when it comes to the arts and craft scene. I feel SO tempted to just fly over for the day to check out this fair and return home but I don’t know… it does look lovely though, doesn’t it? Oh my. Temptation calls.

Selvedge Spring Fair in London April 2nd

Those who will exhibit at the fair are listed below, so even if you cannot make this event please visit their lovely links and shops below.

Les Soeurs Anglaises, Milla and Arti, Papa Stour, Parna, Noolibird, Grace Ink Design, Charlotte Macey, Bojo Childrenswear, Holy Smoke, Naomi Avsec, Claire Fletcher, Cath Ball, Catherine Hammerton, Becky Adams, Jam Tart, Rosie’s Armoire, Emma Lamb, Emily Maude, Folk at Home, Ray Stitch, Emily’s Ark, Biba’s Tea Party, Makers Market, The Laundry, Jennifer Collier, The Natural Store, Blodwen, Charlotte Farmer, Beyond France and Cornelia O’Donovan.

The Selvedge Spring Fair will take place on Saturday April 2, 2011 at St Augustine’s Church Hall, Langdon Park Road, London N6 5QG from 10am – 5pm. Entrance fee £2.50 and the cute little map above shows you where to go to find them. Enjoy!

(images: selvedge and their exhibitors)

32 Comments

• Reply nancy @ {COZAMIA} March 11, 2011 at 6:54 pm

It really does look LOVELY, so many goodies..maybe next time?!

• Reply juliette March 11, 2011 at 6:56 pm

oh wow, that looks so fun! It would be great if you could go and report here…

;-)

• Reply Arianna March 11, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Really looking forward to going to this……it just looks adorable :)

• Reply D'Homez March 11, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Happy to hear about the Selvedge Spring Fair. Its shopping time!!

• Reply kristin johnsen March 11, 2011 at 8:41 pm

MUST – HAVE – TEA- COSY! I don’t even have a teapot yet (been in the market for a couple of months) but I HAVE to have that cosy!!!! thanks for sharing, Holly!

• Reply se7en March 11, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! I totally agree. What’s not to love about London!!!

• Reply Arq. Cris Araujo March 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm

beautiful pillows!
    I have a post about knitting in decor with similar pillows !

blog is beautiful!
    great links!

kisses

• Reply emma lamb March 11, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Thank you so much for helping promote this Holly, I am so excited about it I can’t tell you… !!! It would be absolutely wonderful to see you there if you decide to ‘pop’ by… :)
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend,
    Emma, x

• Reply melinda March 11, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Wow, I love that little tea cozy! So sweet. I wish I lived closer to London so I could go to the spring fair, sounds like fun!

• Reply Megan March 11, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I love, love, love the teapot!

• Reply kalanicut March 12, 2011 at 2:20 am

Gooooo for it Holly. You deserve it. You’ve been working so very hard. You should do it!

• Reply Cinderella March 12, 2011 at 2:59 am

I say “Go there, do not pass Go. You’ll be glad you did!!” I’m sure the Selvedge Fair can enhance your business in some way!!! And you are sooo close. Try to go to Victoria and Albert too. Fabulous decorative arts there.

I always regret it when I miss chances like that!
    xo S (aka CP)

• Reply Sarah March 12, 2011 at 3:07 am

Oh, I would love to go…I love Papa Stour – I think I may have read about this store right here on Decor8 a year or two ago! I love London too and used to live there, so it will always be special for me. I am hoping to scrape together some $$$ to go over myself this year and visit a friend – I can stay for free, I just need the plane fare. :))

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold March 12, 2011 at 5:17 am

It looks lovely!! and how cute is that map!! thankyou for the links to the exhibitors…i’ll be checking them out over the weekend…you have a good one holly!! xx meenal

• Reply Eyechartprints March 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Oh my, how I wish I could be there. How about that teapot? Lovely!

• Reply Design Elements March 12, 2011 at 11:25 am

lovely…lovely with a sense of freshnesh and spring.

• Reply susanne March 12, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I love the pillows, but I cannot find the shop owners website..can you help me please to find the right one, thank you and have a sunny day.

• Reply isavirtue March 12, 2011 at 11:27 pm

it’s such a bummer when you are traveling somewhere and you want it to coincide with something amazing but it doesn’t…i’ve experienced this myself!

• Reply Rocio Rincon March 13, 2011 at 1:33 pm

It sounds like a very fun fair! I love the cupcake illustration. Xoxo!
    Rocio R.

• Reply BODIE and FOU March 13, 2011 at 3:42 pm

oh wow thanks for this Holly! I love Selvedge magazine too so I will do my best to go to the fair.

• Reply Christine March 13, 2011 at 6:34 pm

@Susanne – they’re by Emma Lamb: http://emmallamb.blogspot.com/

I really want to get down to London for the fair (I’m on an hour or so away by train) – fingers crossed I can as it looks fabulous.

• Reply Ilze March 14, 2011 at 1:59 am

Absolutely LOVE Amy Butler – have a few of her things ! Makes me even more excited about your book Holly ! Time to do a post on that soon !! just waiting for my new blog to get done.
    Love the tea-cosy too !

• Reply Paula Jo @ Home Decor | Outdoor Garden Decorations March 14, 2011 at 3:58 am

It’s to bad your plans and timing didn’t work out. The pillows are so cute, and wish I was going to be in London to go to it. Looks like alot of nice things and alot of fun.

• Reply debra March 14, 2011 at 8:39 am

ah, wish i still lived in London

• Reply Rossana March 14, 2011 at 10:20 am

Hi Holly,
    This looks like a lovely fair! I shall make sure to visit.
    You would very much enjoy country living magazine spring fair ( 400 exhibitors ) which starts next week in London also !

• Reply hearttypat March 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm

ohhh.. that;s a cute little map they included!

• Reply Serge at Envelop.eu March 14, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Yes, only checking out the little map makes you want to hump on a plane, and the exhibitors’ list looks really impressive… By the way, are you sure you secretly haven’t got a stand yourself, Holly? Because HOLY Smoke and BECKY Adams together would be great HOLLY BECKER representatives, wouldn’t they? ;)

• Reply Elena @ Breakfast for Dinner March 14, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Sadly, I’m going to miss it! I’ll be there the week before. Any other can’t miss sewing/craft shops in town?

• Reply laura @ the shorehouse March 21, 2011 at 12:26 am

GAH! I arrive in London the morning of the 3rd. ::crying on keyboard::

• Reply Agustina March 31, 2011 at 2:12 am

I love that Tea Cosy! Is it any way I can buy it thru the internet?! I´m from Argentina and unfortunately I won´t be available to attend :(
    Thanks in advanced!
    A!

• Reply Annie April 7, 2011 at 11:53 pm

The fair was lovely!! So many wonderful people and products. I’m looking forward to your event at Liberty next week!!

• Reply Steve Shapiro May 3, 2011 at 11:23 pm

If anybody is wondering, the fair was a great success. It’s obviously a bit smaller than some of the larger ones in the United States, but for what it’s worth I think most of us had quite a nice time. Sorry to hear you couldn’t attend due to your book launch..