Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

March 15, 2011

It’s time to shop handmade with me today at Etsy! Here are my top five shops for the week, I hope that you find some new and lovely things to pad your nest or give to your friends.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Diem Design Photography is so lovely with a vintage modern touch. Relaxing… I can see these framed in a bedroom.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Martha and Ash in South Carolina makes custom pillows, drapes, dog beds and even some sweet little heart coasters that I think are absolutely darling.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Tilt shift photography is a favorite photo trend of mine right now so I naturally love Etsy seller Petit Paris who miniaturizes such a lovely city into the sweetest bites.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Be Happy Now in Israel makes me feel happy now… I find her work really intriguing. I love this photo and this tiny video to go along with it. It made me feel good inside. I want to see more animated photographs like this with hand drawn illustrations on them. Imagine seeing them in digital magazines on the iPad? Oh my. That would definitely inspire me…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Lamp Shade Designs makes custom shades in modern graphic prints. One would look great over a white Saarinen tulip table in an eating nook.

(images linked to their sources above.)

• Reply julie @ hazel & hunter March 15, 2011 at 6:23 pm

great finds – i love Be Happy Now, i have their calendar from last year and the illustrations are really awesome.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 15, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Awesome! I love these….especially Martha & Ash! Thanks hun!

• Reply Susan@Lise Vintage Lighting March 15, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I’m with you–I love that style of photography. However, I am very excited to discover the lampshades and will be contacting Dana at LampShadeDesigns! This style of shade would be the perfect update for several of my vintage table lamps. Thanks so much!

• Reply Nix March 15, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I love the patterns and colors collected here, Holly. The old lace makes me swoon.

• Reply Kathleen at Twig and Thistle March 15, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I just love that image of the gondola from the Santa Cruz boardwalk! Lovely colors and so inspiring!

• Reply salvagemaid March 15, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Love it. Especially Be Happy Now.
    Just started dabbling in Etsy. Check out my first items!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold March 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Lovely finds , Holly…the images at diem design are so beautiful…with a lovely washed-out retro look…and petit paris- just the most ethereal images particularly of the montmartre sunset! also loved the whimsical art at ‘be happy now’…thanks for drop by my blog someday!! xx meenal

• Reply Fashion Singapore March 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Awesome photography shots… I love those with miniature effects… :)

• Reply visualingual March 15, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I was instantly smitten by the mod shades at Lamp Shade Designs, clicked over to their Etsy shop and discovered a terrible typo — their banner slogan is “fun, fresh and mondern.” D’oh! I’m going to email them about it now so they can fix it.

• Reply Melissa March 15, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Lovely finds! Love the lampshades!

• Reply JWKstyle March 15, 2011 at 8:47 pm

lovely finds! I wish those white ruffles were hanging in my closet!!

• Reply Stacey March 15, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I’m kind of obsessed with tilt-shift photography right now :) I have no idea how to create photos like that, but I would love to learn. That style of photos always makes the world seem so cute and tiny.

• Reply cafe noHut March 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I am waiting every Tuesday your marvellous ETYS finds… This is very exciting. Many thank you.

• Reply Hope March 15, 2011 at 11:02 pm

These are delightful shops!
    Thank you for featuring them…..lovely!

• Reply michelle March 15, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Love finding new finds on Etsy from your blog. Olio United here in Portland, OR was referenced at the bottom in the “you might also like”, and Korinne’s co-owner Cathy McMurray is the featured artist on Etsy today!

• Reply All things nice... March 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Wow that photography is amazing, love all of these, you always find such wonderful designers, artists and etsy shops :)

All things nice…

• Reply aneyefordetail March 16, 2011 at 1:49 am

Those lamp shades are SO perfect: what a find. I only wish she had more on the store…I’ve saved it to my Favorites over at Etsy and will check back. Thanks!

• Reply janis - pinecone camp March 16, 2011 at 1:51 am

I do have a soft spot for photography! Love the the shops you shared with us today. I really love tilt shift and Lensbaby images.

• Reply Beth March 16, 2011 at 1:52 am

Oh, wow, great finds…thanks for sharing! Adore those lampshades! xoxo Beth

• Reply Jane - jacaranda Designs March 16, 2011 at 2:26 am

Once again, such lovely discoveries. I’ve never heard of tilt shift photography before – you’ve got my curiosity going so I think I shall have to find out more about this trend.

• Reply Ash March 16, 2011 at 3:57 am

Thank you so much for including us in your Take Five Tuesday posting! What a nice surprise to find us on your lovely blog! And to be amongst other wonderful featured shops, to boot.

I am already making mental notes of which rooms I want those gorgeous photos and lamp shades to go in :) They are all so fantastic!

Thank you again!

• Reply s. March 16, 2011 at 4:04 am

i love that you can find just about everything on etsy now! totally fabulous handmade lampshades??!! i LOVE it!

• Reply Sarah MacMillan March 16, 2011 at 4:32 am

Great group of sellers this week. I love those lamp shades!

• Reply Vari @ Buttercup Ink March 16, 2011 at 5:43 am

Beautiful photography! The cable cars are awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

Vari @ Buttercup Ink xx

• Reply Trish March 16, 2011 at 6:23 am

Oooooh, everything is great here. I am off to watch that feel good now video…and must say that I adore Petite Paris’ photos. Nicely curated! As per usual. :)

• Reply Samantha March 16, 2011 at 7:04 am

I love this style of photography! The lampshades are so great too, definitely have an obsession for them. Check out this etsy shop for really amazing night lights and shades made out of copper, iron wire, and brass

• Reply Angela Steyn March 16, 2011 at 7:16 am

A great selection… I’m particularly loving Martha & Ash – stunning patterns and a sophisticated palette… delicious!!!

• Reply Cristina March 16, 2011 at 9:11 am

Nice finds!
    I looove Be Happy Now!!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold March 16, 2011 at 10:01 am

btw..I just showed the art on ‘be happy now’ to my 9yr old daughter…she absolutely loved it ..and is going to try something similar!! xx meenal

• Reply Valentina March 16, 2011 at 10:59 am

I like very much Lamp Shade Designs!

• Reply Melissa K March 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

What beautiful finds – yet more loveliness to fuel my overwhelming desire to shop on Etsy (as if I needed an excuse!) – Melissa xx

• Reply Tess March 16, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Fantastic findings ;) thnx for sharing

• Reply ARTiculateART March 16, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Love the tilt shift photography and the lamp shades!!!

• Reply Hannah // Pure Living Company March 16, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Great prints on the lampshades, nice collection!

• Reply Katie Truelove March 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I just love Lampshade Designs! So cool! Bookmarking now:)

• Reply Amy Atkinson March 16, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I love the lampshades. Cool and modern!

• Reply Jennifer Paganelli March 17, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Hey Holly! I’m so loving this post and was totally excited to scroll down and see our Poodle fabric (Marnie in Mustard) on the lampshade How fun!! Congrats again on Decorate! We can’t wait to get our hands on that gem!!!

• Reply isavirtue March 17, 2011 at 7:58 pm

oh man… lampshades rock.

• Reply Jessica March 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Love those photographers! Especially the first one. That skyline shot with all those pretty pastels is beautiful. :)

• Reply Ashley Pahl March 18, 2011 at 5:43 am

I love those coasters by Martha and Ash! Thank you so much for introducing them to me. I’m also in love with the geometric prints on those lamp shades!

• Reply Lis March 18, 2011 at 10:28 am

This may sound weird, but that photograph of vintage white dresses gave me the eerie feeling that one gets when one enters an empty old house with just a flashlight, on a cloudy night.

Love the coasters and throw pillows, though. :-)

• Reply Tofu March 18, 2011 at 8:16 pm

love it !

• Reply Ashley White Design March 19, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Martha and Ash make some truly beautiful things! I recently posted on the same line of fabrics they use on many of their pillows, Premier Prints. I love their new line of fabrics! Beautiful!

• Reply mrs. french March 21, 2011 at 10:26 pm

has to be one of my very favorite take five’s yet…especially the tiny little paris! xo t

• Reply Fannie Schwartz December 14, 2011 at 6:45 am

i love that you can find just about everything on etsy now! Thank you for featuring them…..lovely! Great prints on the lampshades, nice collection! I’m kind of obsessed with tilt-shift photography right now :) I have no idea how to create photos like that, but I would love to learn.