Etsy Take Five Tuesday

It’s time to shop handmade with me today at Etsy! Here are my top five shops for the week, I hope that you find some new and lovely things to pad your nest or give to your friends.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Diem Design Photography is so lovely with a vintage modern touch. Relaxing… I can see these framed in a bedroom.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Martha and Ash in South Carolina makes custom pillows, drapes, dog beds and even some sweet little heart coasters that I think are absolutely darling.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Tilt shift photography is a favorite photo trend of mine right now so I naturally love Etsy seller Petit Paris who miniaturizes such a lovely city into the sweetest bites.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Be Happy Now in Israel makes me feel happy now… I find her work really intriguing. I love this photo and this tiny video to go along with it. It made me feel good inside. I want to see more animated photographs like this with hand drawn illustrations on them. Imagine seeing them in digital magazines on the iPad? Oh my. That would definitely inspire me…

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Lamp Shade Designs makes custom shades in modern graphic prints. One would look great over a white Saarinen tulip table in an eating nook.

(images linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on March 15, 2011

1. julie @ hazel & hunter commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 6:23pm

great finds – i love Be Happy Now, i have their calendar from last year and the illustrations are really awesome.
    julie @ hazel & hunter´s last blog post ..a little peak

2. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 6:40pm

Awesome! I love these….especially Martha & Ash! Thanks hun!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap &amp Chic

3. Susan@Lise Vintage Lighting commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 6:58pm

I’m with you–I love that style of photography. However, I am very excited to discover the lampshades and will be contacting Dana at LampShadeDesigns! This style of shade would be the perfect update for several of my vintage table lamps. Thanks so much!

4. Nix commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 7:03pm

I love the patterns and colors collected here, Holly. The old lace makes me swoon.

5. Kathleen at Twig and Thistle commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 7:38pm

I just love that image of the gondola from the Santa Cruz boardwalk! Lovely colors and so inspiring!

6. salvagemaid commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 7:40pm

Love it. Especially Be Happy Now.
    Just started dabbling in Etsy. Check out my first items!
    salvagemaid´s last blog post ..Vintage Kerr Economy Glass Jar

7. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Lovely finds , Holly…the images at diem design are so beautiful…with a lovely washed-out retro look…and petit paris- just the most ethereal images particularly of the montmartre sunset! also loved the whimsical art at ‘be happy now’…thanks for sharing..do drop by my blog someday!! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..This made me laugh

8. Fashion Singapore commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Awesome photography shots… I love those with miniature effects… :)
    Fashion Singapore´s last blog post ..Japan based retail chain Uniqlo donates US256m to aid Tsunami Victims

9. visualingual commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 8:04pm

I was instantly smitten by the mod shades at Lamp Shade Designs, clicked over to their Etsy shop and discovered a terrible typo — their banner slogan is “fun, fresh and mondern.” D’oh! I’m going to email them about it now so they can fix it.
    visualingual´s last blog post ..Flower Seed Bombs for DIY Guerilla Gardening

10. Melissa commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 8:30pm

Lovely finds! Love the lampshades!

11. JWKstyle commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 8:47pm

lovely finds! I wish those white ruffles were hanging in my closet!!
    JWKstyle´s last blog post ..Spring Showers

12. Stacey commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 9:20pm

I’m kind of obsessed with tilt-shift photography right now :) I have no idea how to create photos like that, but I would love to learn. That style of photos always makes the world seem so cute and tiny.
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Oh- Dad

13. cafe noHut commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 10:15pm

I am waiting every Tuesday your marvellous ETYS finds… This is very exciting. Many thank you.

14. Hope commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 11:02pm

These are delightful shops!
    Thank you for featuring them…..lovely!

15. michelle commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 11:11pm

Love finding new finds on Etsy from your blog. Olio United here in Portland, OR was referenced at the bottom in the “you might also like”, and Korinne’s co-owner Cathy McMurray is the featured artist on Etsy today!

16. All things nice... commented
    March 15th, 2011 at 11:28pm

Wow that photography is amazing, love all of these, you always find such wonderful designers, artists and etsy shops :)

All things nice…

17. aneyefordetail commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 1:49am

Those lamp shades are SO perfect: what a find. I only wish she had more on the store…I’ve saved it to my Favorites over at Etsy and will check back. Thanks!
    aneyefordetail´s last blog post ..ROBERTO CAPUCCI AT THE PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART

18. janis - pinecone camp commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 1:51am

I do have a soft spot for photography! Love the the shops you shared with us today. I really love tilt shift and Lensbaby images.
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..Baked

19. Beth commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 1:52am

Oh, wow, great finds…thanks for sharing! Adore those lampshades! xoxo Beth
    Beth´s last blog post ..Sometimes- The Big Guy listens

20. Jane - jacaranda Designs commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 2:26am

Once again, such lovely discoveries. I’ve never heard of tilt shift photography before – you’ve got my curiosity going so I think I shall have to find out more about this trend.
    Jane – jacaranda Designs´s last blog post ..Collette Dusty Pinky Purple Rose Necklace

21. Ash commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 3:57am

Thank you so much for including us in your Take Five Tuesday posting! What a nice surprise to find us on your lovely blog! And to be amongst other wonderful featured shops, to boot.

I am already making mental notes of which rooms I want those gorgeous photos and lamp shades to go in :) They are all so fantastic!

Thank you again!
    Ash

22. s. commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 4:04am

i love that you can find just about everything on etsy now! totally fabulous handmade lampshades??!! i LOVE it!
    s.´s last blog post ..Just Another Tuesday

23. Sarah MacMillan commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 4:32am

Great group of sellers this week. I love those lamp shades!
    Sarah MacMillan´s last blog post ..Soup to Share 4

24. Vari @ Buttercup Ink commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 5:43am

Beautiful photography! The cable cars are awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

Vari @ Buttercup Ink xx
    Vari @ Buttercup Ink´s last blog post ..A look around the Buttercup Ink studio

25. Trish commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 6:23am

Oooooh, everything is great here. I am off to watch that feel good now video…and must say that I adore Petite Paris’ photos. Nicely curated! As per usual. :)
    T.
    x
    Trish´s last blog post ..Confession-Obsession

26. Samantha commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 7:04am

I love this style of photography! The lampshades are so great too, definitely have an obsession for them. Check out this etsy shop for really amazing night lights and shades made out of copper, iron wire, and brass http://www.etsy.com/shop/pandyautry

27. Angela Steyn commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 7:16am

A great selection… I’m particularly loving Martha & Ash – stunning patterns and a sophisticated palette… delicious!!!
    Angela Steyn´s last blog post ..House Tour – Come Along With Me My Pretty

28. Cristina commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 9:11am

Nice finds!
    I looove Be Happy Now!!
    Cristina´s last blog post ..Appendiabiti – Coat hanger

29. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 10:01am

btw..I just showed the art on ‘be happy now’ to my 9yr old daughter…she absolutely loved it ..and is going to try something similar!! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..A touch of gilt

30. Valentina commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 10:59am

I like very much Lamp Shade Designs!

31. Melissa K commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 11:55am

What beautiful finds – yet more loveliness to fuel my overwhelming desire to shop on Etsy (as if I needed an excuse!) – Melissa xx
    Melissa K´s last blog post ..Handmade Homewares &amp Country Style Home Decor

32. Tess commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 12:33pm

Fantastic findings ;) thnx for sharing
    Tess´s last blog post ..SEEN DEZEEN

33. ARTiculateART commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 3:37pm

Love the tilt shift photography and the lamp shades!!!
    ARTiculateART´s last blog post ..Edible Typography

34. Hannah // Pure Living Company commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 4:04pm

Great prints on the lampshades, nice collection!

35. Katie Truelove commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 7:00pm

I just love Lampshade Designs! So cool! Bookmarking now:)
    Katie Truelove´s last blog post ..Matchy Matchy

36. Amy Atkinson commented
    March 16th, 2011 at 10:58pm

I love the lampshades. Cool and modern!

37. Jennifer Paganelli commented
    March 17th, 2011 at 5:20pm

Hey Holly! I’m so loving this post and was totally excited to scroll down and see our Poodle fabric (Marnie in Mustard) on the lampshade How fun!! Congrats again on Decorate! We can’t wait to get our hands on that gem!!!
    Jennifer Paganelli´s last blog post ..Glitter Apron Winner!

38. isavirtue commented
    March 17th, 2011 at 7:58pm

oh man… lampshades rock.

39. Jessica commented
    March 17th, 2011 at 8:04pm

Love those photographers! Especially the first one. That skyline shot with all those pretty pastels is beautiful. :)
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Lollipops and Clowns

40. Ashley Pahl commented
    March 18th, 2011 at 5:43am

I love those coasters by Martha and Ash! Thank you so much for introducing them to me. I’m also in love with the geometric prints on those lamp shades!
    Ashley Pahl´s last blog post ..Shamrock- Indie Pop of Color

41. Lis commented
    March 18th, 2011 at 10:28am

This may sound weird, but that photograph of vintage white dresses gave me the eerie feeling that one gets when one enters an empty old house with just a flashlight, on a cloudy night.

Love the coasters and throw pillows, though. :-)
    Lis´s last blog post ..Video- Hvilken vaskemaskine skal du vælge

42. Tofu commented
    March 18th, 2011 at 8:16pm

love it !

Tofu´s last blog post ..Bip

43. Ashley White Design commented
    March 19th, 2011 at 6:10pm

Martha and Ash make some truly beautiful things! I recently posted on the same line of fabrics they use on many of their pillows, Premier Prints. I love their new line of fabrics! Beautiful!
    Ashley White Design´s last blog post ..Simple Fixes to Update Your Room

44. mrs. french commented
    March 21st, 2011 at 10:26pm

has to be one of my very favorite take five’s yet…especially the tiny little paris! xo t
    mrs. french´s last blog post ..i heartover there!

45. Fannie Schwartz commented
    December 14th, 2011 at 6:45am

i love that you can find just about everything on etsy now! Thank you for featuring them…..lovely! Great prints on the lampshades, nice collection! I’m kind of obsessed with tilt-shift photography right now :) I have no idea how to create photos like that, but I would love to learn.