Decorate Book Launch at Liberty in London: April 13th!

March 16, 2011

I’m so excited to share this wonderful news with you today! The official launch party for my book Decorate will be at Liberty in London on Wednesday, April 13, 2011. I am thrilled to have such a gorgeous store so generously supporting me and my first book but equally happy to be able to invite you to this special event so we can meet and share a fun evening together. I do hope that you can attend! It will also be a great networking event as I have some lovely friends who will be there, including book photographer Debi Treloar, fellow bloggers, stylists, designers… even a few of the homeowners who are in Decorate will be celebrating with us. There will be a fun styling demo as well that I’ll be doing with my two dear friends, Sania Pell and Leslie Shewring.

Decorate Book Launch at Liberty in London: April 13th!

Liberty will have copies of the book available for sale that I will sign and they’ll be a few special things happening that evening. First, from 4-4:30 p.m. I’ll be speaking about the book and answering questions at an exclusive press event. Space for that is limited and you need to be a member of the press or a blogger to attend.

Next, at 6 p.m., I’ll be speaking again to Liberty customers and those interested in learning more about the inspiration behind Decorate.

At 7 p.m. I’ve invited two book contributors to do a styling demonstration along with me in the brand new Liberty Dining Room, stylist Sania Pell (whose home is inside of the book) and stylist, photographer and decor8 columnist, Leslie Shewring (her daughter’s bedroom is in the book too). Together we’ll show you how to lay a lovely table with a personal touch using beautiful things that we’ve collected from the inspiring Liberty store. I’ll also do a book signing so you may purchase your book there. I can’t wait to mingle but please do arrive on time as these events can fly by and I want to be able to meet each of you and have enough time to chat. Come prepared to be inspired and have fun!

To recap:

4-4:30 p.m. Meeting with the press. Please RSVP to: liz [dot] somers [at] jacquismallpub [dot] com with Decorate Press Event in the subject line and in the body of the email please indicate the magazine, newspaper, blog, etc.

6 p.m. I’ll be speaking in the Heritage room. Please RSVP to libertyevents [at] liberty [dot] co [dot] uk with Decorate Talk in the subject line. Only a limited number can attend so please confirm your attendance as soon as possible.

7 p.m. Reception and book signing along with a styling demonstration in the new Liberty Dining Room, please RSVP to libertyevents [at] liberty [dot] co [dot] uk with Decorate Demo/Signing in the subject line.

If you want to attend some or all of the above events, please put the event name in the subject line so we have an accurate headcount and RSVP separately to each event that interests you.

I can’t wait to see everyone there, I’m so excited to meet you! Yay!

See you soon! – Holly

You Might Also Like

• Reply Daniel Nelson March 16, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Very exciting stuff. I have RSVPd for the evening events – really looking forward to it!

• Reply decor8 March 16, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Daniel – I can’t wait to see you again!!!

• Reply Arianna March 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Yay!!! rsvp to all :) can’t wait to see you again Holly x

• Reply juliette March 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm

wishing I could fly over for the fun – LIBERTY! What a perfect place for you to launch your book!!

• Reply STYLIZIMO March 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Oh, that´s on my birthday!!:) Then I know what I´ll wish for this year – it would be a great gift to “meet” you in London and get “Decorate” signed by you. It also sounds like an interesting day with a lot of exciting activities. Let me have a serious talk to my fiancé about my birthday present this year!

This must be so exciting for you, Holly! I´m very happy for you.

Greetings from Norway

• Reply deb March 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Very Very exciting new. What a lovely place indeed.

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold March 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Wow..that is wonderful!! i so wish i could be in london in mid-april…and your book looks gorgeous!! can’t wait to see what’s inside…come april..i’m having someone get it for me…any which way!! congratulations again Holly!!!

• Reply Concha March 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I’ve just RSVPd to all of the above and I’m excited! :) I can’t wait – what a great afternoon it’ll be! Congratulations, Holly!

• Reply Serge at Envelop.eu March 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm

(g-a-s-p) You rock Holly!

• Reply cafe noHut March 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm

How I would like to attend this launch party , you can not know..
    But I live in Istanbul and I will come to London at the end of May and I will buy your book. I love your blog..

• Reply Rona March 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Hi Holly

So looking forward to meeting you in person after taking your e-course last year… (Have RSVPed for all the events.)

Sounds like it’s going to be such a fun evening! And it will be lovely to meet Leslie and Sania too.

Can’t wait!

• Reply ann March 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I’ve just RSVP’d! Really looking forward to it:)

• Reply Marie Nichols March 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Hey Holly, Thanks for the email, I’ve rsvp’d. Can’t wait to see the book and to meet you. Good luck with all the prep for the event

• Reply Pippa Jameson March 16, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for the email Holly, I am looking forward to it! x

• Reply Hannah March 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Hi Holly
    What a perfect venue for it, looking forward to meeting you!

• Reply Parul March 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Hi Holly, Just RSVPd to the events. Really looking forward to the meeting you and of course the gorgeous book!

• Reply Carole March 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm

So excited Holly. I’ve rsvp ed for all events!!

• Reply Carole March 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

So excited Holly. Hoping they’ll let me come to all events. xx

• Reply Kelly Fannon March 16, 2011 at 3:17 pm

I will be delighted to be there, x

• Reply Alexis March 16, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Just rsvp’d – hope there’s still space for the evening talk and demo. Would be so lovely to meet you & Leslie, plus some other BYW students. Liberty is the perfect place for the launch too. I could live in that shop!
    Feel very lucky you are doing this in London.

• Reply Kelly March 16, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I have been reading your blog for a few years now and I usually don’t comment, but I just wanted to say congrats on your book! You inspire many people and your book looks amazing! I look forward to buying a copy!

• Reply Brigitte March 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm

This is so exciting!! I’m going to see if I can get a last-minute cheapy flight over.

• Reply Karena March 16, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I really wish I could be there…how exciting!! Congratulations!

A Special Gift on my site just in time for spring!Come Enter!

Art by Karena

• Reply Yvonne March 16, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hi my dear , I RSVP-ed to the last (and best) event but you already knew that! Wheeee can’t wait, this is going to be a brilliant night. xox Yvonne

• Reply Chuzai Living March 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Congratulations!! How exciting! I LOVE Liberty of London. I think it’s perfect for your book! I wish I could come meet you!

• Reply Lise M March 16, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Wow, that sounds like a great place for the event! I’m inn!

Can’t wait to meet you!

Lise M.

• Reply aisha March 16, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Oh Holly! launching in Liberty is sooo perfect!! I am soooo happy for you- you deserve all the success and support coming your way and much much more x
    It is such an inspiration for all of us who are aspiring to achieve their creative dreams!! I cannot wait to meet you :D

• Reply Heather- Gathering Spriggs March 16, 2011 at 4:06 pm

congratulations holly! you deserve this! it fits! you are just as fabulous as liberty!

• Reply Niki Fulton March 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Wow! That’s such lovely news! Liberty is such a magnificent shop, one of my all time favs. I just love entering the shop through the cut flower area, sets you in a great mood for looking at the rest of the store.

• Reply leslie March 16, 2011 at 4:35 pm

This is going to be too much fun!!! I am really excited!!! xo

• Reply elisa rathje March 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Can’t wait! Liberty will be a thrill. x

• Reply Solange March 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Huge congratulations, Holly!

Firstly on the book – realising a childhood dream is a true gift to cherish and seeing all your years of hard work culminate in something as magical as your own book is well, WOW!

Secondly, on launching it at Liberty – how stylish, glam and fabulous. I am sure it will be a magnificent event and truly an evening to remember. I’m sorry I won’t be around that day but will make a trip there soon after to pick up my copy. Can’t wait to see it and linger on each page.

Enjoy every minute of the build up.

Thanks for the never-ending inspiration that you share. I’m loving the BYW course.

• Reply Brooke H March 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Fantastic! I’m so excited for you. Sounds like a great event. Any chance there will be a NY launch/party/signing?

• Reply Katie March 16, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Hi Holly, that’s so exciting!!!!!!!! sounds like a fun evening! Have already RSVP’d, can’t wait to meet you and everyone else in person!! Also, really looking forward to Leslie’s demonstration… Do you know if everyone will be guaranteed a place? thx.

• Reply mark March 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Congratulations, it sounds fun. Wish I could be there. Liberty is one of my favourite stores. If you have the time you should run upstairs to the Rugs department. It has a great ambience and is strangely nostalgic.

• Reply ishtar March 16, 2011 at 6:24 pm

this is going to be AWESOME!!!! so many bloggers friends to actually meet in person!! wow!!!! I´m SO EXCITED!! and HAPPY!!!!!
    I´ve also RSVP to all three! : ) : ) : )
    CANT WAIT!! IF I´m this happy, if we are ALL this happy..I cant imagine how happy you must feel!!! : ) ???

• Reply Anya March 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Fantastic news, and what a fab site for a book launch. CONGRATULATIONS!! Wish I could be there, but maybe next time – will make sure I get this book though.
    A xx

• Reply Caitlin March 16, 2011 at 7:43 pm

This is so exciting Holly, I am so so happy for you! :) It seems like time has gone so fast since the summer, I can’t believe the book is already hitting stores! I can’t wait to see it. Congratulations!

• Reply sarah*ahearn March 16, 2011 at 8:03 pm

ah! i just got butterflies in my stomach AND goosebumps for you, all at once! : ) SO thrilled for you! wish i could come!
    also, i am hearing from folks who say that you mention me in your class again! thanks so much holly!!! you are TOO sweet! xoxo

• Reply kate March 16, 2011 at 8:15 pm

congrats on your book launch and party! wish i could fly over to join the fun!!!

• Reply vosgesparis March 16, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Great all this book parties and meetings ;) Looking forward to AMsterdam in June!

• Reply Gwyneth March 16, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Yey! Good for you… And at Liberty’s! Fantastic, have fun…
    We can’t wait to get our copy.

• Reply charlotte hedeman gueniau March 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm

what a wonderful program…. wish I could have been there…

• Reply dani kreeft March 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm

massive, massive congratulations holly! this night sounds smashing! xo.

• Reply Penelope@thirdroomstudio March 16, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I WISH I could fly over there for it – congratulations – can’t wait to get my copy in Australia!

• Reply cat March 16, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Can not wait to meet you and see the book!! fantastic news :)

• Reply Camila F. March 16, 2011 at 9:16 pm

That’s amazing, congratulations! I wish I could be there!

• Reply Ele March 16, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Oh Holly, that is AMAZING! Liberty is pretty much my favourite shop in London, what an awesome venue for your launch party! :)

I’ve RSVP’d to the evening events, but thought it might be too cheeky to elbow my way into the press one, too ;) I’m home late tonight because I had a long day, I hope there’s still room for me!

• Reply Lilly March 16, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Congratulations on your new book!! I am so excited for you!! Will check it out as soon as it’s available near me!! XO

• Reply Sandrine March 16, 2011 at 10:04 pm

WOW!What a great start!onwards and upwards!!Congratulations Holly.

• Reply Renee March 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm

This is such an incredible event – I am truly happy for you Holly. Enjoy every single moment! BTW, I am waiting by the mail box for my copy.

• Reply Renata March 16, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Hello Holly! I’m from Brazil and have been a reader of your blog for 2 years now – I simply love the way your posts are so inspiring! I’m really excited for your book, which I’ll buy on some website that ships this far (Amazon perhaps?) as soon as possible. Something just occured to me though, and I don’t recall reading about it anywhere here: does your book have 2 different covers? I got confused. Congratulations for your lovely work!

• Reply Dulci Dantas March 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Congratulations! Liberty is a perfect place for someone with a such lovely work like you! You deserve it! Enjoy it!

• Reply Mary March 16, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Congratulations!! Lucky girl:) Would love to go if I could just get to London!

• Reply Kate @ Travelmoon March 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Congrats! Wish I was in London…will have to pick up a copy here in the states!

• Reply Nauli March 17, 2011 at 12:28 am

Congratulations! The cover looks great! I’m sure the inside as well…

• Reply Marie March 17, 2011 at 12:44 am

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to hear all about it :) When will you be coming to Canada or at least Eastern US so I can plan a trip to go meet you?!! xoxox

• Reply Amy Peters March 17, 2011 at 1:53 am

Congratulations! I’m new to reading your blog, but after seeing it I immediately signed up for the blogging your way class. So glad I did, such great information you are sharing with us. Thank you, it truly is a treasure trove of knowledge you are sharing! Now, I can’t wait to see the book. So happy for you, it really seems like a dream come true. I love when that happens to deserving people.

• Reply Chloe C. March 17, 2011 at 5:04 am

at Liberty!? Perfect, Holly!
    So happy for you.

• Reply Chantal {luxxury livving} March 17, 2011 at 5:23 am

So cool! It’s days like this I wish I could wisk off on a plane and attend this event, what a thrill that would be. Enjoy everyone that will have the chance to be there!
    ? Chantal

• Reply Julie the Alkaline Sister March 17, 2011 at 6:27 am

Yippee I get to join you! Soooo excited to see you soon! You will be honoured in the best possible place, and the prettiest too-surrounded by lovely printed goods-just might have to pick me up a scarf while I’m there!
    Hugs, Julie

• Reply Di Overton March 17, 2011 at 7:41 am

Hi Holly
    Just dropping by to say a BIG congratulations on the amazing launch of your book. I have read nothing but good reports about it. I would have loved to have come down to your Liberty event but circumstances here at home forbid it at the moment.
    What I really want to say is how proud I am of you and remember those early days when we were both blogging and I was a lone voice in the UK. You featured my blog on Domino and things were never the same again.
    You are a shining star in the blogging world as you have never been competitive and have always strived to help other bloggers on your way to success.
    Have a fabulous day at Liberty and enjoy every minute. I will be doing a big splash on Designers Block about your huge success and will let you know when it goes live.
    Best Wishes and Good Luck in the Future. I am sure one fine day our paths will cross.

• Reply Lucy March 17, 2011 at 9:30 am

I’m all rsvp’d up! SO excited!

Great venue – although, if i’m honest I did have faith in you that it would be a cool one and you’ve come up trumps!

Can’t wait to meet you, it’s going to be a great evening.

Lucy xo

• Reply Rossana March 17, 2011 at 11:11 am

I’ve RSVP’D to all ! looking forward to meeting you :-)

• Reply Jess (Where My Heart Is) March 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm

This is such an exciting time for you Holly! It is the culmination of all your goal setting and hard-work over the years. Congratulations.

I am annoyed that my husband will be in London for business on the 13th and I won’t. Can’t wait until next year when the kids are both at university and I will be a free agent :) Hope all goes well.

• Reply Rhiannon March 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Hi Holly,

I’m loving Blogging Your Way – I’m really impressed at the content and the fact that you are clearly SO not recycling the same material, everything is fresh and that you’re really responding to students in each class.

And the RSVP… YES please! To all.

Will be there.

• Reply All things nice... March 17, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Pity I don’t live closer, I wish you all the success you deserve it, sounds like a wonderful evening.

All things nice…

• Reply Carmella March 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Oh, congratulations, Holly!! Wish I could fly over and be there for ALL the events scheduled for that night! However, since ‘across the pond’ is a long way from here, I went ahead and pre-ordered my American version just this week – can’t wait to get it!! So, so happy for you and all who contributed to your first book!

• Reply Inspirationbox March 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hello! I just started a new blog and I’m trying to get new visitors to it, so please visit my new blog and give me feedback! The adress is: inspbox.blogspot.com! See you there :)

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente March 17, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Yippee! YAY! So, so excited for you hunnie! So wish I could be there, it is going to be a BALL!

• Reply Catherine LES VIGNETTES March 17, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Wishing you all the best for the book !

• Reply Lauren March 17, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Dang it….wish i was going to be in London!

• Reply kat March 17, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Man, I’m totally wishing I could be at that launch event to meet you all! Just wanted to say thanks for organizing BYW (LOVING IT) and congratulations on all the success with your new book. :)

• Reply becca March 17, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Congratulations Holly! Looking forward to seeing photos of the table that you and stylists Sania Pell and Leslie Shewring create with the lovely Liberty treasures.

• Reply Fiona Humberstone March 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Ooooooh exciting. I have put my name down, hope there are some spaces left!

• Reply Lana March 17, 2011 at 9:58 pm

It sounds very exciting Holly!
    Your book looks lovely!

• Reply moyra March 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm

oh, would so love to come but emails getting bounced back at the moment. are you full already? I would love to come to ALL 3 events. Will try again tomorrow…

• Reply Jennifer March 17, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Wow. Sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats and can’t wait to see the book.

• Reply handz March 18, 2011 at 12:50 am

looks so nice! I wish you many luck with it!

• Reply Marija (Sachiko Lamb) March 18, 2011 at 7:20 am

If only I can smuggle myself to London on that day! Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck!

• Reply Leanne Ambrogio March 18, 2011 at 10:13 am

Sounds so exciting Holly – if only London wasn’t so far from Australia! Wishing you lots of luck and an exciting and successful book signing. Leanne xx

• Reply Tom March 18, 2011 at 10:19 am

Hi Holly, congratulations on the launch – it looks like an amazing book and a gorgeous cover by the way! Lots of people love table books for their home and their guests – very exciting!

• Reply Clare March 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm

My Decorate book arrived today! SOOOO very excited, love it! Excellent work, I look forward to a Decorate magazine if you ever go down that avenue. :) x

• Reply jane March 18, 2011 at 5:27 pm

O, I wish I could be there! How about a book launch in Amsterdam? X

• Reply decor8 March 18, 2011 at 6:25 pm

@Jane – I am doing on in Amsterdam on June 25 at the American Book Center and after, a big bloggers party in the Jordaan district — I have you on the list to invite you as soon as the details are confirmed but the date is locked in definitely for June 25. :)

• Reply Laura March 18, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I wish I could have the UK version–so I could have it NOW!!

• Reply decor8 March 18, 2011 at 7:11 pm

@Laura – That’s very sweet, thank you! :)

• Reply Tofu March 18, 2011 at 8:15 pm

wish i could be there too ! looks exciting !

• Reply Kelle March 18, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I just got my copy of Decorate in the mail from Anthropologie about 10 minutes ago. It is so awesome. I love, love this book. Can’t wait to sit down with some tea and read through the whole thing. Congratulations!

• Reply decor8 March 18, 2011 at 10:18 pm

@Kelle! This is great news, I can’t believe you already have it. Oh how lovely. Thank you for telling me.

• Reply Beatrice March 18, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Hoping to come along to the public bit Holly if I am in London that day (I split my time between London and Brighton until I move back to NW3 full time!) I can recommend a number of bars and coffee places around the back from Liberty towards Soho on Golden Square.

Right next to Liberty (behind) is Kingly Street / Kingly Court. Loads of bars and nices places there :) http://www.carnaby.co.uk/categories/bars

• Reply brittni: papernstitch March 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm

congratulations holly! i am so very excited and happy fro you!

• Reply Carol Maryott March 18, 2011 at 10:03 pm

How fabulous Holly ! I wish I could be there. Can’t wait to see your book.

• Reply Victron March 18, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Congratulations on your book release! It looks like its jam packed with a bunch of great ideas for decor8ting. Keep up the good job and keep on inspiring.

• Reply jane March 19, 2011 at 8:13 am

Hi Holly, wonderful to hear about the book launch in Amsterdam! And the bloggers party:-) Count me in! X

• Reply decor8 March 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm

@Jane that is great!!! I can’t wait to see you again, it’s been nearly 3 years since our last visit already! Can you believe that?!

• Reply SisterBatik March 19, 2011 at 8:35 pm

OMG you are in London and Liberty’s and new book, there is no excuse for us not to be there : )

• Reply Julie March 20, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Congratulation for the launch of your book! I wish I could be in London on 13th April but check the diary and I can’t be there…This won’t stop me to buy the book. A good excuse to pop in Liberty!

• Reply laura @ the shorehouse March 21, 2011 at 12:29 am

Congratulations (I’ve been reading about your book everywhere! :-) and best of luck on the 13th. I’ll miss you by a day or two! My timing on this London trip is off to say the least.

• Reply Valerie @ be.love.create March 21, 2011 at 5:55 am

I’ve been gaining inspiration from you and your blog for quite some time, but today I just had to comment and say thanks and congrats on all your success and, of course, congrats on the book! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

• Reply lauren March 21, 2011 at 10:54 am

oh, this makes me so sad! i will be on a med cruise… which isn’t really a bad alternative… but i’m super bummed to miss the party and the chance to chat.

save me a copy. ;)

• Reply Janini Milet March 21, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Hi! Just got the copy of my book!! Its amazing! thanks a lot and congrats!!=)

• Reply Evelyn March 22, 2011 at 1:48 am

I’ve just got to say how inspiring it is to see your success. I’ve been reading since the old days of the blog and its so wonderful to see you living your dream.

I’ll be looking for your book at anthropologie!
    You’ve worked so hard for this, I hope you’re taking it all in!

• Reply martha brown March 22, 2011 at 2:42 am

I got my copy of your book today!!!! I wish that I could be in London for the Launch :) Well, I’d love to go to the Liberty store for any reason actually. Anyway… the book is fabulous — I’m really liking all of the tips! Congratulations~

• Reply Erica Cooper March 22, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Sounds lovely… I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate Decorate, than to kick of with a party in London! Enjoy!

• Reply Martina Fuchs March 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Hope I can make it to London, to meet up with you and Leslie and celebrate your fantastic new book!

Your BYW Student Martina from Munich

• Reply Tanya Whelan March 30, 2011 at 9:53 pm

HUGE congratulations Holly!!!!!! Can’t wait to see the book, really cannot wait!! Wish I could go to the Liberty event, my favorite store ever, and not just because they sometimes carry my fabric. Can’t think of any where as amazing and beautiful to have a book party. You truly deserve it for bringing so much beauty and inspiration to so many including me. That sounds generic, but I really mean it. You work so hard at this thing obviously, and you continue to bring lovers of design like me fresh inspiration filtered through your pitch perfect aesthetic every day. Thank you for this book and congratulations again.

• Reply decor8 April 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm

@Tanya – SO funny you wrote – I was just in Liberty on Thursday looking through all of the Free Spirit fabrics!!! And thank you for your kind words, it’s so nice to hear — I really appreciate it Tanya. xo

• Reply gemma@thesweetestdigs April 10, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I’m so looking forward to the event on the 13th! I was in Anthropologie the other day and had a look through your book. It’s absolutely stunning — Congrats!