Inspiration

Inspiration Is Everywhere!

March 24, 2011

I recently came across the work of 27-year-old graphic designer and photography Julia Dávila in Madrid. Julia is so talented and I love how she finds inspiration everywhere – from her travels, on the streets where she lives and in the subtle way she uses flowers and other objects to tell a story in her home. Julia is a contact of mine on Flickr and I find her photographs quite transporting and so I asked her if I could share them with you today to inspire you.

Inspiration Is Everywhere!

I think it’s important to be on the look out for inspiration no matter where you are. The details are there, you just have to look for them and if you have a camera or even a camera phone, capture them somehow and see where those captures lead. Perhaps after seeing these photographs you will feel motivated to take more photos. I have to make a point of it more myself so today I plan to go out and grab a few bouquets from the farmers’ market for myself so that I can photograph them at home tomorrow. I’m dying to see what is selling at the market now that spring has sprung!

Inspiration Is Everywhere!

Inspiration Is Everywhere!

Inspiration Is Everywhere!

Inspiration Is Everywhere!

Julia told me that her source of inspiration comes from the changes in nature as the seasons unfold with new flowers and colors in the nature environment around her. She is also inspired by the many marvelous photographers out there who, “Capture the wonders of nature with great finesse,” and their work plays an important role in the progress of her own. Julia dreams to someday cover the walls of her home with her own photographs and also put flowers of all kinds on her walls (I must admit that sounds quite avant-garde and intriguing) as part of a beautiful installation to inspire her work further which instantly made me think of this photo showing tons of silk flowers in a dining area.

Beautiful!

(images: julia dávila)

You Might Also Like

50 Comments

• Reply karina March 24, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Julia,s work is terrific and I am very happy to say that I have one of her photographies at home.

• Reply Julia March 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm

OMG, thank you dear Holly, that’s soooo nice. It’s really nice to see some of my works in such an amazing blog. Thank you again!

• Reply Isabel Pavia March 24, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Julia’s work is really wonderful. I’m happy seeing her work here.

• Reply Jennie March 24, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh, how pretty! Her style is very soft and muted with (what I love) little pops of colors. I just adore with photographers take little snippets of their lives…they tell such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing!

Jennie

• Reply monica of hola!design March 24, 2011 at 2:02 pm

her work is fantastic. thank you for introducing me to this fine lady.

• Reply Beatriz March 24, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Julia’s photos is delightful. I’m from Madrid but didn’t know her job…
    Thanks for sharing ;)

• Reply katy March 24, 2011 at 2:47 pm

ooooH! I love these images! the luminous filter on them is so Heavenly :)

• Reply Anna @ Around My Table March 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I admire and envy such talent. To be able to see beauty and capture it that way. Perfect!

• Reply jenn March 24, 2011 at 3:07 pm

so so very lovely! the perfect bit of spring inspiration!

• Reply Joy Hall March 24, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Very inspiring photos! What a talented eye she has… and what a luscious shade of pink she captured!

Thanks for sharing these!

• Reply Ivana March 24, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Her blog is amazing!!
    Congratulations Chau!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold March 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

wht beautiful work Julia does…really inspiration can come from anywhere..one just needs to observe..the other day while watching ‘no country for old men’ i was so lost in the look and colors of the movie that i might have missed some of the gory plot…i even did a post inspired by that!! thanks for sharing, holly! xx meenal

• Reply Adrienne Audrey March 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

really pretty! Love these

• Reply Kate @ Travelmoon March 24, 2011 at 3:43 pm

As an amateur photographer, emphasis on amateur, I’m always inspired by photographic talent! Her images are beautiful-and a great reminder to find interest in the details!

• Reply Katie - Coco Målé March 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm

These are lovely, photography is truly an art, one I might never master to such a high level! What strikes me is that each photo is very different to the other whereas I usually find that photographers have a certain style? I definitely wouldn’t have been able to tell that the village/town one and the pink flower have been taken by the same photographer!!
    -Katie

• Reply brittni: papernstitch March 24, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Wow. Julia’s photographs are beautiful! And she just a year older than me. I really need to get my act together. :) Anyway, thanks for sharing these images Holly and reminding us all that inspiration can be anywhere. By the way, super love the third image from the bottom with the blouse and mirror and carnations. So pretty!
    -Brittni

• Reply jenn March 24, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Her work is amazing! And I so agree that inspiration can come from anywhere. In fact, I have a lovely bouquet of flowers on my desk right now that have been very inspirational this week :)

• Reply Linnie Joy March 24, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Lovely, calm and sweet… just what i needed today… thank you

• Reply Marianne March 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Beautiful and inspiring images!! Love them!

xx

• Reply Jutta March 24, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Holly, your book arrived in the mail today and I LOVE IT!!! I mean, I thought it would be great, I ordered it, huh, but it’s even better than I had expected. I’m going to spend hours perusing it and trying to take everything in :)

• Reply decor8 March 24, 2011 at 8:37 pm

@Jutta thank you so much!!! :) :) This makes me happy!!!

• Reply Alexis March 24, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us. So inspirational. It makes me want to explode with happiness!

• Reply Lila Ferraro March 24, 2011 at 6:34 pm

These images just scream “spring!” I can’t wait for pink roses and warmer days….
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

• Reply classiq March 24, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Lovely work! Thank you for sharing. Ada

• Reply Cherish@My Cup Of Tea March 24, 2011 at 7:13 pm

I absolutely love the last photo….Especially the star vase!

• Reply Barbara March 24, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Holly,these works are indedd terrific. I am in love with her compositions of flowers and glass. Thank you for sharing this talented artist! – Barbara

• Reply sarah jane March 24, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I agree! Inspiration IS everywhere! My camera died 4 months ago, and I just barely got a new one. I realized in that span on time with no camera, that I had stopped noticing the details around me as much. There is something about having a lens to see through that makes me notice all those sweet details around every day. AND it does help to live in a gorgeous place so pictures like these can so easily be taken:) Thanks for this! It inspired me this morning…..

• Reply Cathy March 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm

So many lovlies!

• Reply Mary March 24, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Beautiful photos! And I couldn’t agree more with the idea of finding inspiration everywhere. I know that’s the way I’ve always thought as an artist and creative person, and I think I learned to do that as a young child. Perhaps everyone learns to do it when they’re young, but then they forget as they grow older and daily life distracts them.

• Reply hena tayeb March 24, 2011 at 8:58 pm

She has created such lovely vignettes.

• Reply Polly March 24, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Wow! These photos are beautiful and so inspirational. What a good find Holly xx

• Reply laura evans March 24, 2011 at 9:57 pm

stunning photography & wonderful words. have a fabulous day holly … well what’s left of it!

• Reply Zee March 24, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Oh, her photos are so gorgeous! I like that she is versatile. Great composition and colors. Inspiring!

• Reply Lauren March 24, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Amazing photos! Love them all!

The close up of the peony is absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Mervi March 25, 2011 at 12:22 am

Very inspirational and pretty. Thanks for sharing! You are absolutely right, inspiration is everywhere.

• Reply Sandrine March 25, 2011 at 2:41 am

Hi Holly, Thanks for sharing, those pictures are just like an injection of energy!
    Must go and visit Julia ‘s blog now.
    Have a great time at the market!:)
    Sandrine x

• Reply ArticulateArt March 25, 2011 at 3:00 am

The photos are gorgeous! Lovely work!!!

• Reply Miss Walker March 25, 2011 at 6:33 am

These gorgeous pics have well and truely to take more pics! Thanks Holly!

Miss Walker xoxo

• Reply Camelia March 25, 2011 at 6:59 am

Very inspiring… I love her imagination and the choice of color :-)

• Reply Tati March 25, 2011 at 10:59 am

Hi! I recently discovered your blog and find it especially inspiring. Congrats!

• Reply laura trevey March 25, 2011 at 11:40 am

These are wonderful and very inspiring!!

• Reply Holly O'Brian March 25, 2011 at 3:39 pm

This is so inspiring. I was feeling a bit in a funk, and these photos have made me feel 100% better! I lived in Madrid for nine years, and this is making me feel like I need to get over there soon. Thanks so much for the gorgeous photos and very thoughtful post.

• Reply kerington March 25, 2011 at 3:52 pm

your blog is so lovely
    can i add it to my blog favourites please :)

• Reply Gabrielle - Design Mom March 25, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Thanks for the introduction to this beautiful work, Holly.

• Reply Jenny March 25, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I just love the colours and aesthetic of these photos. Thanks for sharing….spring really is coming!

• Reply elissa @ faucethead March 25, 2011 at 4:29 pm

sounds like the perfect way to spend the afternoon. hope you find some beautiful florals and some inspiration along the way!

• Reply Sue March 25, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Really beautiful and inspiring photographs.

• Reply patience March 26, 2011 at 9:11 pm

i never feel like i see scenes like this in real like but there is a very good chance i’m not looking hard enough or even paying attention at all! i should because i’m dying to try out my new instagram app (no worthy pictures to play with so far).

• Reply MICAELA June 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm

this images make me want to be a photographer, I wish these moments and much more could be captured with a camera and shared.
    The lovely flowers and the light makes me smile, it is gourgeous!!

• Reply Lowela January 9, 2012 at 6:06 am

Totally agree that inspiration can be simply found anywhere. You can have the greatest joy in everything that you do if you will just like it and love doing so. However, it depends on how you see things and find glory in it.:)