Romantic German Home

Would you like to see romantic and sweet corners of a German home today? This inspiring space belongs to blogger Yvonne Bauer (aka Frl.Klein on Flickr) who is married with two daughters living outside of Munich. She likes to combine things that she finds at flea markets with brand new items from some of her favorite stores. She also loves flowers and ethnic touches along with products from Danish brand Tine K Home.

Romantic Living

Yvonne also has antique furniture that was handed down to her husband from his family that she loves very much. She feels that the eclectic mix of everything living together, cozy, in one space makes for the perfect home. She does not consider her look to be of a certain style, though as an American living in Germany I think it’s representative of the country style that is clean, very white with modern lines, a touch of the ornate, lots of texture and an attention to detail that is prevalent in Scandinavian country styles with a touch of German country combined. Here in Germany we have tons of magazines catering to this style of decoration so it’s no wonder that Yvonne is inspired by books, magazines and blogs for visual eye candy. I don’t know if you’ve ever given much thought to which room in your home is your favorite but Yvonne views her most inspiring room as her kitchen because its the hub of activity and, “I love to cook and chill out there,” she says. From the looks of this table setting below, it’s obvious that she puts a great deal of love and care into meal planning and presentation which is so inspiring to me because I only wish I had the time to lay a table like this on a regular basis… It’s something I aspire to though – what about you?

To view more of her photos, please take a moment to visit her blog and Flickr page – both are filled with lovely inspiration for decorating!

(images: yvonne bauer)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, Home Tours on March 28, 2011

1. Karin A commented
    March 28th, 2011 at 10:04pm

Oh so happy to see that you feature Yvonne’s home and decorating work. love her style, so feminine, soft and beautiful. Yvonne is also a really sweet and caring person. :)
    Karin A´s last blog post ..Två för en och Japan

2. Nina Lamb commented
    March 28th, 2011 at 10:05pm

I am so pleased you featured Yvonne’s beautiful home. I have been following her inspiring blog for a while now, I always leave feeling a sense of calm.
    Nina Lamb´s last blog post ..Handmade Paua Shell Cards

3. Mervi commented
    March 28th, 2011 at 11:10pm

So so pretty! Love this blog, cause there’s always something lovely like this. Thank you, now I must start and follow Yvonne’s blog.
    Mervi´s last blog post ..Simple definition for social media

4. patience commented
    March 28th, 2011 at 11:32pm

she would totally win in a nooks and corners of your home
    contest.

also that couch looks soooooo comfy I just want to flop down in it!
    patience´s last blog post ..what i made

5. Elisa commented
    March 28th, 2011 at 11:38pm

soooo lovely…i’m from germany, but i never saw this style here.
    Elisa´s last blog post ..Geburtstagskarte

6. Maureen commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 12:00am

I’m so happy that you choose to show Yvonne’s home! She has a great blog, it’s very inspiring and she is very kind. And I love her photo’s!
    Maureen

7. Natalia commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 12:00am

What a beautiful home! X

8. Kristi commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 12:08am

These are beautiful pictures! The white is very calming…..and I needed a little calming today! :)
    I’m enjoying your blog….so glad I started following. :)

9. decor8 commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 12:35am

@Elisa – Pick up Living And More, Landliv, Creative at Home, We Love Living and many other magazines — you’ll see it for sure. We have lots of stores that carry things in this style to, at least in Hamburg and Hannover – not sure about the rest of the country for that.

10. anastasia commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 1:09am

beautiful images – i also follow her on Flickr, her stream is always very inspiring!
    I do love this style of home decorating…so relaxing but has a strong sense of homey and comfort!

11. Ali commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 1:15am

What a gorgeous place setting with the doily mat! Love it!

12. FlockofTeaCosy commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 3:49am

The whole place looks so calm and bright and inviting….and blooming things make it so spring-like. Really lovely!

13. Anna @ Around My Table commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 5:17am

Lovely photos and the style just like living in heaven, so serene! I find it so much easier to find beautiful antiques in Europe and the style is so much different than anywhere else in the world.
    Anna @ Around My Table´s last blog post ..Spring collection

14. Libby Bates commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 5:44am

that basket in the last image is great!
    Libby Bates´s last blog post ..dream job

15. Nic @ Yardage Design commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 6:18am

Gorgeous – white on white with a dash of colour here and there is always dreamy. Only 4 sleeps until your book is launched here in Australia – looking forward to it! Are you coming out for a launch?
    Nic @ Yardage Design´s last blog post ..bitsnpieces

16. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 6:28am

gorgeous home…so fresh, pure and full of personal touches…love all the potted plants in the house…really beautiful!! thanks for sharing holly…xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..The Agra chronicles- III Amarvilas

17. Nadine commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 8:17am

Dear Holly,
    Fräulein Klein is one of my favorite blogs as well. I really adore Yvonne´s style and her photography skills. There are always so many things to discover in her home. She is also a very sweet blog friend.

Nadine
    Nadine´s last blog post ..Souvenirs

18. soisses commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 8:29am

i LOVE yvonnes home and style. thank you for showing… everybody should take a look to her blog.

the pic with the congrete letter B is my favorite – yvonne knows the reason… :)

dani
    soisses´s last blog post ..DIY mr mustache mobile selbst gemacht

19. European Chic commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 10:02am

Beautiful and the photography is very inspiring. I wishd Yvonne stopped by my place and decorated and photographed my home.
    European Chic´s last blog post ..Two rooms in 40 Winks

20. Vicky commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 10:20am

So beautiful! :-)
    Vicky´s last blog post ..Dogs

21. Katie - Coco Målé commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 10:47am

a lovely home, a very talented interior stylist and a mighty good photographer as well!!! Thanks Holly for introducing us to her blog!
    Katie – Coco Målé´s last blog post ..Places I must visit- Tallinn- Estonia

22. Elisa commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 11:22am

@decor8
    thanks for the tip. i’ll buy these magazines as soon as i can :) the best is, i’ll travel to hamburg this summer. i’m looking forward to seeing these shops there! thanks
    Elisa´s last blog post ..Geburtstagskarte

23. classiq commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 11:49am

How beautiful! Simple and elegant. I love the wall with the classic pictures. Ada
    classiq´s last blog post ..Stardust

24. juliette commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 12:51pm

fun fun – new German blog to practice my Deutsch with during my lunch break… =)

I definitely see elements of this style in the Deko shops, but it usually gets pushed more into a ‘shabby chic’ sort of presentation here in central Germany…and sadly it’s not catching on fast enough IMO!
    juliette´s last blog post ..My unstyled life- in my office

25. Laura Gaskill commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 1:20pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Her home feels like a breath of fresh air – welcome Spring!! And I totally agree with you Holly, laying out a table setting is such a lovely tradition and it’s something I am trying to do a bit more often because it makes the everyday feel special and beautiful :) xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Easing Back Into It

26. laura trevey commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 2:33pm

Gorgeous photos… I love her use of the cool block letters… how fun!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Cool Quotes Giveaway!

27. Kathi commented
    March 29th, 2011 at 4:30pm

gorgeous !!! thanks for this post, off to check out her blog
    Kathi´s last blog post ..Little Vintage Chicken

28. Mel @ The Crafty DiY Bride commented
    March 30th, 2011 at 1:42am

Oh thank you for sharing Yvonne’s beautiful home! I love the beautiful use of fresh Hyacinth bulbs – I just planted some last weekend. I hope they end up looking that lush.
    Mel @ The Crafty DiY Bride´s last blog post ..Inspiration Glorious blooms

29. lalalandart commented
    March 30th, 2011 at 12:13pm

Beautiful style! So bright and romantic!

30. EBR commented
    March 30th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Love this post. The way she has arranged and placed the flowers in different places, positions and containers are wonderful. Definitely has given me some great ideas!
    EBR´s last blog post ..Philanthropy Events!

31. Nina commented
    April 1st, 2011 at 7:49am

Love these pictures, so inspiring, romantic and fresh!
    Thanks for a great post:)
    xo Nina

Nina´s last blog post ..Shoes

32. Lisa McGee commented
    April 8th, 2011 at 6:09pm

Yvonne’s home is beautiful as is her blog – i love her simple sense of style the beautiful little “moments”.

33. Kimberly commented
    July 29th, 2011 at 6:20pm

I love this whole look. So fresh and simple. Thanks for posting