Decorating Tips, Home Tours

March 28, 2011

Would you like to see romantic and sweet corners of a German home today? This inspiring space belongs to blogger Yvonne Bauer (aka Frl.Klein on Flickr) who is married with two daughters living outside of Munich. She likes to combine things that she finds at flea markets with brand new items from some of her favorite stores. She also loves flowers and ethnic touches along with products from Danish brand Tine K Home.

Romantic German Home

Yvonne also has antique furniture that was handed down to her husband from his family that she loves very much. She feels that the eclectic mix of everything living together, cozy, in one space makes for the perfect home. She does not consider her look to be of a certain style, though as an American living in Germany I think it’s representative of the country style that is clean, very white with modern lines, a touch of the ornate, lots of texture and an attention to detail that is prevalent in Scandinavian country styles with a touch of German country combined. Here in Germany we have tons of magazines catering to this style of decoration so it’s no wonder that Yvonne is inspired by books, magazines and blogs for visual eye candy. I don’t know if you’ve ever given much thought to which room in your home is your favorite but Yvonne views her most inspiring room as her kitchen because its the hub of activity and, “I love to cook and chill out there,” she says. From the looks of this table setting below, it’s obvious that she puts a great deal of love and care into meal planning and presentation which is so inspiring to me because I only wish I had the time to lay a table like this on a regular basis… It’s something I aspire to though – what about you?

Romantic German Home

To view more of her photos, please take a moment to visit her blog and Flickr page – both are filled with lovely inspiration for decorating!

(images: yvonne bauer)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Karin A March 28, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Oh so happy to see that you feature Yvonne’s home and decorating work. love her style, so feminine, soft and beautiful. Yvonne is also a really sweet and caring person. :)

• Reply Nina Lamb March 28, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I am so pleased you featured Yvonne’s beautiful home. I have been following her inspiring blog for a while now, I always leave feeling a sense of calm.

• Reply Mervi March 28, 2011 at 11:10 pm

So so pretty! Love this blog, cause there’s always something lovely like this. Thank you, now I must start and follow Yvonne’s blog.

• Reply patience March 28, 2011 at 11:32 pm

she would totally win in a nooks and corners of your home

also that couch looks soooooo comfy I just want to flop down in it!

• Reply Elisa March 28, 2011 at 11:38 pm

soooo lovely…i’m from germany, but i never saw this style here.

• Reply decor8 March 29, 2011 at 12:35 am

@Elisa – Pick up Living And More, Landliv, Creative at Home, We Love Living and many other magazines — you’ll see it for sure. We have lots of stores that carry things in this style to, at least in Hamburg and Hannover – not sure about the rest of the country for that.

• Reply Maureen March 29, 2011 at 12:00 am

I’m so happy that you choose to show Yvonne’s home! She has a great blog, it’s very inspiring and she is very kind. And I love her photo’s!

• Reply Natalia March 29, 2011 at 12:00 am

What a beautiful home! X

• Reply Kristi March 29, 2011 at 12:08 am

These are beautiful pictures! The white is very calming…..and I needed a little calming today! :)
    I’m enjoying your blog….so glad I started following. :)

• Reply anastasia March 29, 2011 at 1:09 am

beautiful images – i also follow her on Flickr, her stream is always very inspiring!
    I do love this style of home decorating…so relaxing but has a strong sense of homey and comfort!

• Reply Ali March 29, 2011 at 1:15 am

What a gorgeous place setting with the doily mat! Love it!

• Reply FlockofTeaCosy March 29, 2011 at 3:49 am

The whole place looks so calm and bright and inviting….and blooming things make it so spring-like. Really lovely!

• Reply Anna @ Around My Table March 29, 2011 at 5:17 am

Lovely photos and the style just like living in heaven, so serene! I find it so much easier to find beautiful antiques in Europe and the style is so much different than anywhere else in the world.

• Reply Libby Bates March 29, 2011 at 5:44 am

that basket in the last image is great!

• Reply Nic @ Yardage Design March 29, 2011 at 6:18 am

Gorgeous – white on white with a dash of colour here and there is always dreamy. Only 4 sleeps until your book is launched here in Australia – looking forward to it! Are you coming out for a launch?

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold March 29, 2011 at 6:28 am

gorgeous home…so fresh, pure and full of personal touches…love all the potted plants in the house…really beautiful!! thanks for sharing holly…xx meenal

• Reply Nadine March 29, 2011 at 8:17 am

Dear Holly,
    Fräulein Klein is one of my favorite blogs as well. I really adore Yvonne´s style and her photography skills. There are always so many things to discover in her home. She is also a very sweet blog friend.

• Reply soisses March 29, 2011 at 8:29 am

i LOVE yvonnes home and style. thank you for showing… everybody should take a look to her blog.

the pic with the congrete letter B is my favorite – yvonne knows the reason… :)

• Reply European Chic March 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

Beautiful and the photography is very inspiring. I wishd Yvonne stopped by my place and decorated and photographed my home.

• Reply Vicky March 29, 2011 at 10:20 am

So beautiful! :-)

• Reply Katie - Coco Målé March 29, 2011 at 10:47 am

a lovely home, a very talented interior stylist and a mighty good photographer as well!!! Thanks Holly for introducing us to her blog!

• Reply Elisa March 29, 2011 at 11:22 am

thanks for the tip. i’ll buy these magazines as soon as i can :) the best is, i’ll travel to hamburg this summer. i’m looking forward to seeing these shops there! thanks

• Reply classiq March 29, 2011 at 11:49 am

How beautiful! Simple and elegant. I love the wall with the classic pictures. Ada

• Reply juliette March 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm

fun fun – new German blog to practice my Deutsch with during my lunch break… =)

I definitely see elements of this style in the Deko shops, but it usually gets pushed more into a ‘shabby chic’ sort of presentation here in central Germany…and sadly it’s not catching on fast enough IMO!

• Reply Laura Gaskill March 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Her home feels like a breath of fresh air – welcome Spring!! And I totally agree with you Holly, laying out a table setting is such a lovely tradition and it’s something I am trying to do a bit more often because it makes the everyday feel special and beautiful :) xo Laura

• Reply laura trevey March 29, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Gorgeous photos… I love her use of the cool block letters… how fun!

• Reply Kathi March 29, 2011 at 4:30 pm

gorgeous !!! thanks for this post, off to check out her blog

• Reply Mel @ The Crafty DiY Bride March 30, 2011 at 1:42 am

Oh thank you for sharing Yvonne’s beautiful home! I love the beautiful use of fresh Hyacinth bulbs – I just planted some last weekend. I hope they end up looking that lush.

• Reply lalalandart March 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Beautiful style! So bright and romantic!

• Reply EBR March 30, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Love this post. The way she has arranged and placed the flowers in different places, positions and containers are wonderful. Definitely has given me some great ideas!

• Reply Nina April 1, 2011 at 7:49 am

Love these pictures, so inspiring, romantic and fresh!
    Thanks for a great post:)
    xo Nina

• Reply Lisa McGee April 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Yvonne’s home is beautiful as is her blog – i love her simple sense of style the beautiful little “moments”.

• Reply Kimberly July 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I love this whole look. So fresh and simple. Thanks for posting