Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

April 5, 2011

Ah handmade… doesn’t it just tickle you pink? There are so many delightful things to fall head over heels for over at Etsy. To think that when I launched this column years ago I wondered if enough talented crafters would rise up so that I could keep this column going for awhile – Ha! Guess so because here I am still finding plenty of precious handmade treasures to love. Here are my top five picks for this week, they range from artsy to whimsical, so there is a little something for everything. Enjoy!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Jeremy Miranda is an artist in Salem, Massachusetts with a shop under the same name, Jeremy Miranda, where he sells original paintings and limited run prints. I love his murky, moody palette with almost splashes of pure color being flecks of hope — and that his inspiration is both nature and architecture. Lately he has been painting icebergs and greenhouses because, “They both seem to blur the line between landscape and architecture,” he says. Nice work!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Emily Zych in Maryland who runs Which Goose, a shop specializing in mostly vintage-inspired clips and combs for decking your locks with flowers and bows. Such a sweet shop, and she has lovely product photography and a great eye for texture and color to be so young.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Cori Dantini is such a gem, I love her work and find myself doing frequent “drive bys” to see what’s new in her shop. Recently, she started to group her paintings and prints by colorway which I find extremely helpful. I like when sellers put themselves into the shoes of their customers to make shopping more fun (and easier!). My dream is that she will someday surprise us with an illustrated book for kids. I’ll write it Cori! I can imagine her characters delighting children (and parents) alike.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I love seeing what others make using vintage and vintage-inspired fabrics combined with stitch work, like these pretty bracelets by Amy at Ponder and Stitch. I especially love seeing them displayed in this pretty wooden box.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Maison Paulette is owned by artist and collector Iris Schwarz in Zurich. She seems to gather the most curious objects from flea markets that she offers in her shop and ships worldwide. My favorites are her original pieces of art though, I find them just brilliant! I also love the glass domes that she finds in beautiful shapes and sizes, gently aged as vintage pieces are give them that not too precious “from the shelf” look if you know what I mean.
(images are linked to their sources above.)

• Reply Kate @ Travelmoon April 5, 2011 at 3:54 pm

What amazing artists! My favorites are Jeremy Miranda and Cori Kindred. Immediately upon seeing her work I thought of a gorgeous illustrated children’s book, like you had mentioned!

• Reply Marlene April 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Most of all I like the photos of Maison Paulette with the vintage photos on the vintage hanger… :-)

• Reply tinajo April 5, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Oh, so much prettiness – love the clips & combs and those bracelets! :-)

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold April 5, 2011 at 4:02 pm

beautiful finds, them all..its amazing how week after week you share such amazing talent on your blog..great work! xx meenal

• Reply Virginia April 5, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Lovely choices. I like stitching and vintage as well. =)

• Reply Trish April 5, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oooh Yay! I LOVE Cori Kindred and Ponder+Stitch! Both SO talented and now I’m off to check out the others….thanks again Holly for finding such intruiging artists and crafters. I look forward to this post every week. :)

• Reply Jane April 5, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Great picks, LOVE ponderandstitch!

• Reply Martine Louise Resnick April 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm

thanks for introducing me to Cori Kindred – I love her whimsical drawings! Nan Lawson also creates beautiful illustrations – I wrote about her on my blog last week (March 30th).

• Reply jenn April 5, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I Love that you featured Cori Kindred! I first *discovered* her artwork a few years ago and just love it! She’s so talented.

• Reply Janice April 5, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I love your Etsy Take Five Tuesdays–always yummy tidbits to discover.

{side note I think that is Corey Dantini’s work and not Corey Kindred?)

• Reply cori dantini April 5, 2011 at 7:01 pm

what a wonderful way to start this windy spring day! thank you so much holly for the little feature AND turning me on to MORE wonderful talent… OOx c.

• Reply A la mode Maven April 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I would LOVE it if Cori Kindred did a set of alphabet flashcard type prints for a sweet nursery feel….they are so lovely. xoxo Shelli from alamode

• Reply Amy April 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Oh!!! What a shock to see my little cuffs here. Thank you SO much! Funny, I just featured Jeremy Miranda’s work on my blog this morning. I love it!

Thanks again,
    Amy :)

• Reply decor8 April 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm

@Amy – Jeremy was on the homepage today — did you see him too?

• Reply Kat April 5, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Oh thanks for reminding me of Which goose looks like she had some pretty new things in. And ponder & stitch I haven’t seen before there stuff looks lovely.
    Kat x

• Reply Katie Truelove April 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I love ponder and stich as well:) Adorable! Thanks for going on a weekly etsy hunt- I so enjoy your finds!

• Reply Shannon April 5, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Oh, Ponder & Stitch is on my list now. Thanks!

• Reply Cory April 5, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Great picks this week! I love the layout you use too. Well done again!

• Reply Amy April 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Oh, he’s been in my faves for months!! Today was just the day I chose to show him on my blog. Funny!

Thanks again. :D

• Reply able mabel April 5, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Honestly, the talant on Etsy never ceases to amaze me!

• Reply Lily from Birch + Bird April 5, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I love all of these! Thanks for always introducing us to new and exciting Etsy shops and craftspeople and for supporting the “little guys”! xo Lily

• Reply Meni April 5, 2011 at 9:54 pm

The “Ponder and Stich” braceletes bacame one of my favorites now!!
    I loved them!!
    Keep surprising us!!
    I adore your blog :))

• Reply Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking April 5, 2011 at 9:59 pm

There are just soooo many beautiful images in this post that I don’t know where to look first! :)

• Reply CharlyCha April 5, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I’m so happy, i love your blog, i come here every day and it is the first time which I precede you, I had too a big very favorite for this illustrator Cori Dantini !!

• Reply julia @ simple truths April 5, 2011 at 10:31 pm

These are beautiful. I particularly like Ponder and Stitch and Which Goose. I’d never heard of their shops before. I’ll def have to check them out.

• Reply Julie April 6, 2011 at 12:13 am

Really gorgeous! Handmade is always the way to go for me…well not always but I definitely try!

• Reply Katie Bee April 6, 2011 at 12:53 am

Once again, you’ve spotlighted some artists that I’ve been slightly obsessing over lately–I wrote about Cori Dantini on my blog a few weeks ago and I really, really want to purchase something from her but can’t decide what (and have rather limited funds for self-indulgence at the moment). This is also why I’ll be buying your book when it’s released more widely in the US (hard to get things like it where I live). I LOVE your style!

• Reply Penelope@thirdroomstudio April 6, 2011 at 1:28 am

Beautiful selection, I love Jeremy Miranda’s work.

• Reply Marleen April 6, 2011 at 4:58 am

What a wonderful group of artists! I especially love Cori Dantini’s work- I have some of her pieces and have been following her style for years- truly talented.

• Reply Angela Steyn April 6, 2011 at 8:48 am

Gosh crafty people are so clever! I’m loving Which Goose today… closely followed by Ponder & Stitch. Thanks for the roundup Holly!

• Reply Virginie April 6, 2011 at 10:43 am

Dear Holly,
    I like your blog really much, it is a great source of inspiration for me.
    I am planning to go to DC early July, and would like to take a course in graphic design or something crafty. Do you have any recommendation or people who could help me? I do not live in the US, and would appreciate any help.
    thanks a lot and keep up inspiring us :o)

• Reply ArticulateArt April 6, 2011 at 10:48 am

Love the flower head pieces! Absolutely gorgeous!

• Reply Belichek Craft April 6, 2011 at 11:18 am

how nice)

• Reply Lace and Tulle April 6, 2011 at 2:31 pm

everything is beautiful!

• Reply Heather Ozee April 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I really adore Cori’s style.
    Speaking of which I st found your blog and I’m in love! It’s a wonderful little slice of BlogLand.

• Reply Lynzie Smith April 6, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Wow I love the Jeremy Miranda prints! They are gorgeous:) They almost have a 3d effect to them.
    I could use them in a few of my spaces!
    Check out my site!

• Reply Lelanie April 6, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I had a look at Cori on etsy. All I can say is ‘Wow!’. Her work is so whimsical and pure. I give it two thumbs up.

• Reply hena tayeb April 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

lovely finds. I especially like the work of Cori Kindred..

• Reply kalanicut April 6, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Wow, everything is very much to my liking today. Isn’t it wonderful that we’re in the age of “the creative” and so many people are bringing their artistry to light. Makes me so happy to see the work so many people are joyfully doing.

• Reply Gina April 7, 2011 at 3:46 am

Cori Dantini is one of my favorites her work

• Reply Maria Kallin April 7, 2011 at 11:12 am

Oh, such beautiful etsy selections, I have not seen Cori Dantini’s work before, she is absolutely talented – I love her style. Well they are all very talented.

• Reply Jodie April 7, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I really like Cori’s illustrations. She makes it so easy to escape into her world. You’re right Holly, she should definitely try illustrating children’s books! Isn’t it amazing, how every artist can take you somewhere completely different?

• Reply Jenny Pope April 7, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I love love love Jeremy Mirandas work! It is so nice seeing a successful fine artist on etsy. Great finds!

• Reply Cyndi April 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I’m smitten with the work of Jeremy Miranda – I have always been drawn to watercolors, and I especially like his muted tones with pops of surprising color. Thanks for introducing him to me….

• Reply Madewithlof April 7, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I love your Whole Blog. EVery post is sooooo cute!! Lots of kisses from Seville, Spain. You are an inspiration for me! ;)

• Reply Cristina April 8, 2011 at 9:03 am

such great treasuresi in Etsy! :-)

• Reply Alexandra April 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Holly and Cori! Go on with that children book idea!!! ;-)

• Reply Elina April 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Love your blog! Beautiful!

• Reply Tracy April 8, 2011 at 7:14 pm

This is absolutely stunning! Great post. Keep ’em coming.

<3, Tracy

• Reply Sallie Ann Westbrook April 9, 2011 at 3:55 am

Now that I’m a proud urban gardener I’m more moved and inspired by nature than ever! These are great. Thanks for sharing the resources.

• Reply Barbara April 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Which Goose and Cori Dantini are incredibly inspiring. PonderandStitch is definitely my next corner for some shopping! Thank you for sharing :) – B.

• Reply Jen April 11, 2011 at 4:07 am

I look forward to Etsy Take Five Tuesdays every week – wonderful post – thanks!

• Reply Gabrielle Beretta April 13, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Just scoured the Which Goose Etsy page- so amazing! And affordable! Thanks so much…Etsy Take Five Tuesdays are my favorite. Like little treasure maps :)

• Reply {beth} April 24, 2011 at 2:44 am

some of my all time favorite etsy sellers!