Matthew Mead Summer Issue

I have a special preview that you’ll love but first, this week slipped by so quickly and truth is, I don’t like it! I feel sad when I’m away from my blog and apologize for not writing since Tuesday. Thing is, I’ve been a bit busier than usual and haven’t had much time to compose a post and I hate throwing something up just for the sake of having a blog post. I miss you all! I’m having blog withdrawal though it’s only been three days — it’s funny how much a blog becomes a part of life just as much as anything else you grow to cherish. How are you doing? Are you well? I thought I’d tell you some exciting news – I worked with Leslie Shewring to produce a story on creativity that will run in the summer issue of Matthew Mead Holiday magazine! We are both very excited and so I thought I’d share some glimpses of the magazine with you today to whet your appetite for the other features that you can find in the same issue as well.

Matthew Mead Spring

Matthew Mead Spring

Matthew Mead Spring

Matthew Mead Spring

Matthew Mead Spring

Isn’t this all so inviting and pretty? Matthew Mead does such a nice job on each carefully thought out issue. He really does produce lovely things and I enjoy seeing his touch on an entire magazine – he certainly has the eye for it.

The issue is filled with beautiful color, simple ideas and decorating tips along with recipes and a trip to Trish Foley’s house near the Hamptons along with an article about tapping in to your creativity by Leslie and I. You can order online here and issues will be in the mail during the first week of May. I can’t wait to see it!!!

(images: matthew mead holiday)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on April 09, 2011

1. tinajo commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 11:12am

These pics are awesome (oh my goodness – that LAMP!) and I´m sure you both enjoyed yourselves – that shows through! :-)

I know what you mean about blogging being a part of your life. I´m going on vacation tomorrow but did actually prepare some blog posts in advance, just because I really don´t like my blog to be “dead” for a whole week. I still want to stay in touch with my readers you know? :-)

It was fun to write the posts in advance for once (and to take the pics as well). :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Lovely bowl!

2. Scarlet Calliope commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 11:36am

Hi, Cute Photos!

I’m wondering if you know anything about that cute porcelain doll? I recently found 5 of them in my grandmothers things, but I don’t know anything about them.

Thanks!

3. Courtney commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 3:04pm

This magazine looks amazing! I am a huge Matthew Mead fan and am so excited that he has his own magazine! I devoured his holiday issue from cover to cover…I love that it appeals to readers of every design aesthetic. And his photography is amazing! Heard that he is the new AP food photographer? Well that’s welcome news. I always thought the AP food shots could use someone of a higher calibre shooting them. Looks like they’ve found their man!

Can’t wait to get my issue. Looking forward to seeing you featured in it, Holly!

4. Beach Coast Style commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 3:33pm

looks heavenly I will have to get a copy.
    Beach Coast Style´s last blog post ..Weekend Beach Quote April 9 2011

5. Elaine commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 4:16pm

Holly, I can’t wait for this to come out! I LOVE those lemonade jars!

6. Debbie Dusenberry commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 4:27pm

Matthew (and staff!) are not only the masters at pretty, but also the best people to know with a real passion for what they do. I BEG your readers to get this magazine as they will not last long and in this day and age when our favorite publications are dropping like flies, this is one to hold on to. I carried his first issue in my store and it was gone in 21 days! Rest assured it will be filled with tons of delightful ideas, style and recipes… all wrapped neatly in an top quality printed piece. (It even smells good!)

7. Johanna Parker commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 5:19pm

I saw Matthew’s post about this feature on FB, and hopped on over for a peek! LOVE the yummy, dreamy colors of Summer…

Very nice post and lovely blog you have here at Decor8…

~ Johanna Parker

8. Darryl Moland commented
    April 9th, 2011 at 9:05pm

Looks like another beautiful issue from Matthew. I too saw this on Matthew’s FB post also and remember your feature on his beautiful Holiday issue. Thanks for the fabulous sneak peek!

—Darryl Moland at The Decorated Tree

9. Rosemarie commented
    April 10th, 2011 at 1:37am

I was given a heads up about the issue via fb and stopped in to see what all the hub-bub was. Well worth the trip, I’m going to order the issue!!

10. Misti commented
    April 11th, 2011 at 7:19pm

Oh that lamp shade. I MUST HAVE IT!! Does anyone have a source?