Blogger Event, June 25th, Amsterdam

Come one! Come all! Lise M. from Urban Style Vibes in the Netherlands contacted me a few months ago and together, we’ve been working on launching a blogging event in Amsterdam. She had the idea and asked me to get involved and we quickly realized that it would be a great collaboration since I have also been wanting to pull together another blogger’s event like ones I’ve hosted in the past here in Europe – just a bit larger. Lise has been great to work with and along with her friend, Janneke, we’ve worked out quite a nice event for you to attend so try to make it if you can as it’s going to be a pretty big deal!

Meet The Blogger

The idea around Meet The Blogger is to get a bunch of blogger’s together in a room to mix + mingle, to be inspired, to hear stories of other bloggers and of course to enjoy light refreshments and to break off into smaller groups afterwards to go for my book signing from 5-7 at the American Book Center and then out for cocktails, dinner, etc. to develop our online relationships further offline. We don’t have a lot of blogging meet-ups in mainland Europe, I know there are some lovely ones I’d heard about in the UK, but not so much where I live so this is the perfect chance to put a blogger’s networking event out there to see what kind of response we get. These are quite common where I’m from in the US, but here… not so much. YET. :) I predict this is about to change!

Lise and I have already talked about teaming up to do another event in a different part of Europe after this one, so perhaps that will be the next step. I’ve also been talking to Leslie Shewring about working with me as well to do a few others, so this is going to be the start of other events I’m sure. You are welcome to get involved if you think Meet the Blogger should come to your city – just shoot me an email and we can talk (holly at decor8blog.com). Lise and I have talked about Germany or France as being potential locations for the next event but for now we want to test the waters to see how blogging events are received as blogging is still growing and evolving here. I love being part of Meet The Blogger and I’m so honored that Lise thought to include me. Thanks, Lise!

For Meet The Blogger in Amsterdam, I was able to locate Hotel V centrally located in Amsterdam thanks to the American Book Center who gave me the lead — so that was easy to find. Lise worked with the hotel to give us a discount on the room rates, so if you want to stay there mention “Meet the Blogger” when you book your room for 10% off and a bottle of Prosecco in your room. The event begins promptly at 2:00 p.m. (please do not be late, we have to start on time as we only have the hotel for 3 hours) — here is the complete schedule. Note: This event is in English.

2:00 Meet The Blogger Event begins at Hotel V.
2.05 Introduction by Lise M. of Urban Style Vibes blog
2:15 Talk/Q&A by decor8, Holly Becker
2:35 Talk by Flavourites founders Natascha and Marije
2.55 Short coffee/drinks and Lily’s cupcakes break
3.20 Talk by Lily’s Cupcakes founders Angelie and Cecile
3.40 Recap/Thank you by Lise
3.50 Time to mix and mingle and for a small book sale/signing by Holly. Holly will leave at 4:30 to go to the American Book Center to continue the signing.
5.00 Meet the Blogger event ends. All attendees will go home with a goodie bag (provided by Kelly Hoppen, Flavourites and Dutch magazine VT Wonen).

Anytime after that you may come to the American Book Center for my book signing as well. Joanna Copestick, my co-author, will also be present to sign. :)

I’ll be in Amsterdam for four days, so if anyone is flying in and wants to hang out let me know and we can make some plans. See you in Amsterdam on June 25th!

IMPORTANT: Join this page below to RSVP your attendance so we can have an accurate headcount or send Lise an email if you have questions or if you are NOT on Facebook and want to confirm your attendance. It’s vital that we have a headcount so we have enough cupcakes and drinks (and goodie bags) for all, so please RSVP. In order to receive a goodie bag we need to have your name down on our guest list.

See you in June! Yay!

xo,

Holly

Posted by decor8 in events on April 21, 2011

1. Cynthia@Beach Coast style commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 8:37pm

If I could be there I would be with bells on! This is going to be an awesome event I can just feel all the creativity that will flow.

2. susanne kings commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 9:20pm

Hi Holly!
    I really want to come over to this event and meet you all! It would be awesome!
    Get back to you when I know…
    Have a great easter!
    Susanne
    susanne kings´s last blog post ..1425

3. Ivy commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 9:33pm

I am living in the wrong place!

I will have to wait… someday, I will get to do this with you, someday!

Cheers~Ivy
    Ivy´s last blog post ..Learning to say truck when you are two

4. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 9:45pm

That sounds great for all those who can make it..what a wonderful opportunity…have a lovely day, holly..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Its all yellow

5. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 9:46pm

I am hoping to come along, I know about another few UK based bloggers who are coming along, I have to organise myself and save some money!! I love this city, have not being for many years and would be the ideal combination of a trip, Lets see…
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..A relaxed and gorgeous weekend

6. Evy commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 9:57pm

hmmm that sounds nice! I hope I can come…

7. beeldSTEIL / Wendy commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 10:38pm

I’ll be there! Nice to meet you and all the other creative bloggers!
    beeldSTEIL / Wendy´s last blog post ..TODAYS INSPIRATION- EASTER

8. Star Hughes commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 11:19pm

How exciting! I wish I could be there – Amsterdam is a little bit far from Southern California so I’m not sure I’ll be able to make the trip. It sounds amazing though!
    Star Hughes´s last blog post ..mud pudding springtime treat

9. Lari Washburn commented
    April 21st, 2011 at 11:30pm

Hi Holly, I just received my copy of your book, and I am thrilled! It is truly a triumph. I’m only halfway through and savoring it tremendously. Thanks for a great book of inspiration.

10. fenny setiawan commented
    April 22nd, 2011 at 8:34am

I wish we have similar event at here. I feel so lonely sometime that I do not have blogger friends (within my niche) at here. Have fun Holly!
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..A touch of blue by Ruche

11. Amy - pride of place commented
    April 22nd, 2011 at 10:23am

I am pretty new to the blogging world and would love to come to meet some experts! Will check the details and hopefully be able to make it. It’s nice to hear of something on in Europe.
    Amy – pride of place´s last blog post ..Playful rooms with paper lanterns

12. decor8 commented
    April 22nd, 2011 at 3:32pm

@Fenny – I can understand this. I wonder what I can do to help? Maybe we can video some of the event in Amsterdam and put it on YouTube so you can watch? Would that help at all?

13. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover commented
    April 22nd, 2011 at 4:04pm

I would so absolutely love to go to this event! Gosh, I need to just get over being shy. I’m in Switzerland so it’s a bit far, but at the same time… everything in Europe is close! Thank you for providing more information about the event as I didn’t quite know what it would be about.I really hope I’ll be able to make it (plus, an excuse to see Amsterdam for the first time)!
    Eva @ Four Leaf Clover´s last blog post ..The Man’s Guide to Love

14. Angelia commented
    April 22nd, 2011 at 5:17pm

I have to agree with Fenny, not many people in this area with similar niche. Maybe an event will some day be close enough for me to attend. Great idea for the video, but it still would be great to meet some people in person.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Earth Day

15. Sonia commented
    April 22nd, 2011 at 11:23pm

Hi,
    When I read you will come to Holland I had to read 2 times!! :) Im a big fan of your blog. I love decoration and the ideas I see in your blog make me dream.
    The idea to make a blog is always in my head but I feel Im too shy to do it. I start to thinking if is worth it or not, if people will read, if people will like it…and then the idea just stay in my mind..
    I live in Rotterdam and I would love to go the 25th of june to Amsterdam!
    Do you think is possible for me to go even though I dont have a blog yet?
    Have a happy easter!!

16. decor8 commented
    April 23rd, 2011 at 5:40pm

@sonia – Yes please come – RSVP via that Facebook link in the post! :)

17. Marie commented
    April 25th, 2011 at 6:11pm

Yay! I’m so glad I saw this post although I’m a bit behind on the blogreading (thank you Google reader!). I live in Denmark and am the owner of a big online community for Danish female bloggers who also meet up a few times each year. I’ll be posting about this event on our blog and I am pretty sure I’ll be attending :-D Thank you for making it possible!

18. lisette commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 9:02pm

WAUW!! How great is this! Love to come!!! And I’ll definitely be there!
    I shall conform on facebook too (?)
    Here too, great that you and Urban Style Vibes make this possible.
    Thanksss.

19. Nina commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 11:06pm

Hi Holly!
    I am over the moon that you’re coming to Amsterdam! I live in Amsterdam. Whoop! Whoop! I went to the facebook-link and asked permission to become a friend of the page, but still…. nothing. It has been a week now…. should I be worried?
    PS, My birthday is next month. I sure know what to ask my friends: the decorate book!!!! Yeah!
    X Nina

20. Lise M commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 3:23pm

Hi Holly,

What a great post! I’m just back from holiday and saw all the new attendees signing up for the event. We will easily have 100-150 design bloggers togheter. That will be fun! Yeah!!

XO

Lise M.
    Lise M´s last blog post ..BACK HOME

21. Emily commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 7:13pm

I am so bummed I can’t make it to Amsterdam! I have to be in Spain for a wedding on the Friday and can’t find a flight that could get me to Amsterdam before 2pm on the Saturday. Devastated – would be lovely to meet some other bloggers! Perhaps an event in Dublin in the future?!

22. Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl commented
    May 1st, 2011 at 12:59pm

I just moved to Amsterdam 7 months ago and am so excited to be a part of this event! I agree, there are so many meet-ups back in the States, nice to see the trend making it’s way over to Western Europe. Thanks for organizing this and really looking forward to meeting other fellow bloggers.

X