Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

April 27, 2011

Yes, it is Wednesday and my dear friends I am late again with my Etsy picks for the week. What is my problem, right!? Truth is, these round ups take hours and I often feel like I’m running out of time with the many projects that I’m involved in both on and offline lately (especially offline). I’m currently styling a quilting book for a Berlin-based author originally from England, working on the proposal for my next book, planning my US book tour (yeah!), revamping the template for decor8 and preparing a new website for Blogging Your Way, and preparing for the big Meet The Blogger event and book signing in Amsterdam on June 25th, planning a 10 year anniversary getaway with my husband, working on some writing projects, answering lots of emails, writing on Real Simple, Haus Maus, and decor8 and… I’m soon traveling up to Hamburg as I was hired as a consultant for one of Germany’s top magazines to teach my Blogging Your Way e-course in-person before their staff in just a few weeks! I’m writing everything out and organizing my ideas — I can’t wait to share all that I’ve learned about blogging with this magazine and look forward to it very much as it’s my first official “job” in Germany since I relocated here. Yay!

Okay so enough about me and what I’m up to — how are you? Are you ready for some Etsy stores to enjoy for this week? Great, me too! Let’s see who I found this week, shall we?

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Everything from Every Eskimo melts my heart, especially these vintage chunky XO rubber stamps – fun! I love her handmade animals too.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

More vintage goodness, this time from Sadie Olive – books, antlers, vintage photographs, everything and anything all curated expertly.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

I’m loving House of Chintz! Okay, some of you may question my taste on this one but I’m seriously mad about these quirky lampshades designed by Kate Boyce, a surface pattern designer in England. To me, they look very Liberty London – I can picture them being sold there among all of their other quirky interiors items and furnishings.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

How fun is Draw City? I love that you can even request custom illustrations of your favorite things. These are such cute prints, the tea tin is my favorite.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

Lovely illustrated goodies in gorgeous colors from Jessica Swift, formerly the Jessica Gonacha shop but she got married (congrats!) and changed her name. I think her goal and intention kit is brilliant, I have to buy one and use it!

Did you enjoy today’s picks!? Hope so! See you in a moment with more things to inspire you today…

(images linked to their source above.)

22 Comments

• Reply Shannon April 27, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Love your web site! Just found you on twitter. Great stuff!

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo April 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I am always amazed at how do you managed to find this amazing things in etsy, I find it overwhelming and very confusing due to the huge amount of products in there, including mine haha…that no one never seems to find…so well done for having such a good eye for etsy!!

• Reply Chuzai Living April 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Holly, you’re a super woman. I don’t know how you manage to do all these things you listed. I think you don’t sleep at all. :P I can see your round ups take hours. Your collages are always beautiful and makes me feel like I’m looking at a magazine. Thank you for your time. I love them all. Jessica Swift Shop is very cute!! Sadie Olive reminded me of “Stylizimo”. I feel like it’s her style. Sweet! I wish I could go to the Meet The Blogger event. How exciting about your planning for 10 year anniversary! Congratulations! Kaho

• Reply Trish April 27, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Oh my goodness! You are one busy woman…but if it’s what you LOVE to do…then you must be in heaven, right? :)

I have loved Sadie Olive for some time now, and truly I don’t think there is a questionable one in the bunch here today! I’m also loving those awesome lampshades, and the tea tin print is so sweet.

Good luck with all the goals and intentions…I think I need one too! :)

• Reply Becky D@kings down road April 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Great finds! That first one is super fun-I’ve not seen that shop before.

• Reply Abbie Florence April 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I LOOOVE those lamps! they have been in my “favorites” list for a while now. Trying to think how I can convince my hubby they they will go perfect in our bedroom :)

• Reply Vicky April 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Holly aka Superwoman,
    I love the House of Chintz lampshades very nice pick.
    Your blog is so informative and fabulous but I think you already know it:)

• Reply Brigitte April 27, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Holly – What great news about your job in Hamburg!

Have you thought about having guests help you out with Take 5 Tuesdays as you did before?

• Reply decor8 April 27, 2011 at 6:40 pm

@Brigitte – Ah thanks honey! No, I’m okay — I get to it each week, just often on Wednesday morning as Tuesdays often escape me. But they come! They come! :)

• Reply Laura April 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Those lamps from House of Chintz are drop down dead gorgeous!

• Reply jenn April 27, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Great finds! I CANNOT wait for the US tour of your book!!! I hope you come to my city, or nearby!!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold April 27, 2011 at 6:42 pm

you should write a book on time-management, holly..how do you manage all this stuff!! hats off to you! lovely etsy finds once again..have a great day! xx meenal

• Reply Glenda Childers April 27, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Just an idea for this busy season in your life . . . give etsyfive a rest for a few months or just do it once a month for awhile.

Lookin out for you, Holly :)

Fondly,
    Glenda

ps. My adult daughters were here for Easter . . . I had to check their bags before they left, to make sure my copy of Decorate wasn’t in there . . . they loved the book, too.

• Reply Angela Traunig April 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Fantastic pics! And congrats on your ‘real’ job. :)

angie

• Reply kathryn April 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm

OMG…I love, love, LOVE those lampshades!! I gotta go check out her website.

• Reply Juliah April 27, 2011 at 9:23 pm

LOVE the lamp shades from House of Chintz!

• Reply Sara April 28, 2011 at 2:45 am

The lampshades are so beautiful…cool, creative, colorful…love them and wish they were in my budget!

Congratulations on all of your fantastic success and busy-ness!

• Reply Lizzy @ Snarky Beagle April 28, 2011 at 4:59 am

I love Jessica Swift. Her designs are so inspiring! I just bought a scrap pack from her about a month ago and took this composition notebook up about 10 notches: http://thesnarkybeagle.blogspot.com/2011/04/response-2-paper-pushing-and-project.html

• Reply Alex Louisa April 28, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Oh my, oh my…..

Can I just say a quick thankyou for including the picture of that gorgeous alarm clock from Sadie Olive? I couldn’t help myself – I bought it straight away.

I’m working on a series of paintings that feature a girl who is obsessed with time/pocketwatches/clocks, and it seems the obsession is rubbing off on me!

And since you get over 1000 results when you plug “alarm clock” into the vintage search on etsy, some help finding the perfect one is certainly appreciated. I’m excited to see it. It will make for a gorgeous prop in my paintings. Thanks again! And thanks to Sadie Olive too :)

• Reply regina April 28, 2011 at 10:02 pm

holly, thank you so much for this! i’ve been a long time reader and was bowled over to see this. ever*so*pleased!

• Reply mclovebuddy April 30, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Love the items! Great curation. :)

• Reply Katie May 1, 2011 at 12:51 am

Ow wow – the ginger tea tin from Draw city – can’t take my eyes off of it!