Inspiring Spaces From Decorate

I thought I’d share some inspiring spaces from my book, Decorate, that are currently floating around on the web (and some are part of this interview that Janet Reynolds had with me for her print magazine Life@Home) that you may actually want to add to your Pinterest account, desktop inspiration folder, or wherever you see fit. If you happen to own the book already, then you forever have these images in your possession, beautifully printed and bundled if I do say so myself. ;) But in case you don’t own the book you may delight in seeing these photos that were shot in beautiful homes in both Europe and the US by talented interiors photographer Debi Treloar. Debi shot the entire book using only natural light, something that drew me to her work in the first place years ago – her photos feel so inviting and casual as a result.

Ceramic pieces in Copenhagen home of ceramicist Karen and her husband Mads Hagedorn-Olsen. P.S. He makes the most beautiful insect art – see it here.

A sweet little girl’s space in London belonging to the daughter of stylist/author Sania Pell.

A bedroom nook in Los Angeles belonging to photographer Amy Neunsinger, Charlotte’s mud room (from RICE), Yvonne from Yvestown’s Belgium kitchen, a gorgeous London flat belonging to Sisley UK cosmetics executive Christine D’ornano.

Charlotte Hedeman Gueniau’s dining room in Denmark – I had fun styling this tabletop for the photo with mismatched things from mostly her company, RICE.

Debi was a saint to work with — she was such a lovely person to spend time with as we flew around for a period of four months working together, mostly her and I, in people’s beautiful spaces. I hope that you enjoyed a teaser peek into my book! If you use them on your blog or Pinterest, all I ask is that you say that they were shot by Debi Treloar, link to her site, and link to this page: http://decor8blog.com/decorate-book mentioning that they are from the book, Decorate. That’s all I ask. :)

Decorate stocklist here.

(images: debi treloar for decorate)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on April 28, 2011

1. Susan from B.C Canada commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 5:02pm

I absolutely love your book. I am currently re-reading it for the second time.I have many decorating books and yours is my favorite by far. Thank-you so much. I am very unsure when it comes to what to put where….Your book is helping immensely !

2. julia @ simple truths commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:46pm

The shadow boxes are a great idea for a special outfit or two.
    julia @ simple truths´s last blog post ..Spring in your pocket

3. Valentina commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:52pm

OH! Lovely!!!! Thanks very very much!!! I’m waiting for the book by Amazon!!!!
    Valentina´s last blog post ..Cook &amp style it prima prova

4. Star Hughes commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 9:10pm

How beautiful! I am going to order your book too – these are fantastic teaser pages! So cute, and what I like most is that they’re HAPPY house pictures. I love the warm, bright, homey decorating styles, and these pictures definitely exemplify that style. They make me very happy just to look at! Thanks for the sneak peek!

5. Melanie commented
    April 28th, 2011 at 9:34pm

Love the book!

HUGE and just packed with good ideas and loads of lovely photos!
    Melanie´s last blog post ..Vintage Map Coasters – Custom

6. Nuit commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 12:12am

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loving what I see, you definitely inspire me with these. The girly space in London is darling!!! Luvs <3

7. frauheuberg commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 12:19am

just so magical…i wait still for my book …;)…but now i´m looking forward much more to it…yeah, dear…such a wonderful work…really amazing…love the atmosphere in the pictures so much…and it will be a special moment to have the book in my real hands…so just for now your sneak peak is more than motivation…merci…take care…hugs…i…
    frauheuberg´s last blog post ..Build your own cupcake with Vol25

8. Forever Lovely commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 1:27am

What beautiful photos! You do such a wonderful job of providing people with stunning design inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

-Forever Lovely

foreverlovelydesign.blogspot.com
    Forever Lovely´s last blog post ..Celebrity Rooms for Real

9. Jamie commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 4:31am

I love the blue light pendants.
    Jamie´s last blog post ..Surprise Table

10. tinajo commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 7:50am

Wonderful photos and I NEEDthe book! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Legoland – part three tips at the end!

11. Amelia@ Wind Chimes commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 12:14pm

Sania Pell is a genius. I love her works especially the ones she designed for Pied a Terre and Monsoon. I also bought and read her book – The Homemade Home – 50 thrifty and chic handmade projects.

I get most of my inspirations from Sania.

If you’re an interior designer, Sania Pell is a god…
    Amelia@ Wind Chimes´s last blog post ..Accessorize your Living Room with Wind Chimes

12. Deco Design Center commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 12:10am

What beautiful photos! You do such a wonderful job of providing people with stunning design inspiration and ideals. Thanks again for sharing your work!

13. Lise M commented
    May 3rd, 2011 at 9:23pm

I just started to read in your book and it’s wonderful! So much inspiration, so little time……I will definitely use it when I move to a new home and start all over. In addition I saw some great tips for my current home office.
    Lise M´s last blog post ..TODAY I WANT TO BE INTHE BVI VIA URBAN STYLE VIBES

14. Cheri b commented
    September 5th, 2011 at 6:01am

I am loving your book. Any idea on the sources for white dining table and bench?