Decorating Tips

Inspiring Spaces From Decorate

April 28, 2011

I thought I’d share some inspiring spaces from my book, Decorate, that are currently floating around on the web (and some are part of this interview that Janet Reynolds had with me for her print magazine Life@Home) that you may actually want to add to your Pinterest account, desktop inspiration folder, or wherever you see fit. If you happen to own the book already, then you forever have these images in your possession, beautifully printed and bundled if I do say so myself. ;) But in case you don’t own the book you may delight in seeing these photos that were shot in beautiful homes in both Europe and the US by talented interiors photographer Debi Treloar. Debi shot the entire book using only natural light, something that drew me to her work in the first place years ago – her photos feel so inviting and casual as a result.

Inspiring Spaces From Decorate

Ceramic pieces in Copenhagen home of ceramicist Karen and her husband Mads Hagedorn-Olsen. P.S. He makes the most beautiful insect art – see it here.

Inspiring Spaces From Decorate

A sweet little girl’s space in London belonging to the daughter of stylist/author Sania Pell.

Inspiring Spaces From Decorate

A bedroom nook in Los Angeles belonging to photographer Amy Neunsinger, Charlotte’s mud room (from RICE), Yvonne from Yvestown’s Belgium kitchen, a gorgeous London flat belonging to Sisley UK cosmetics executive Christine D’ornano.

Inspiring Spaces From Decorate

Charlotte Hedeman Gueniau’s dining room in Denmark – I had fun styling this tabletop for the photo with mismatched things from mostly her company, RICE.

Debi was a saint to work with — she was such a lovely person to spend time with as we flew around for a period of four months working together, mostly her and I, in people’s beautiful spaces. I hope that you enjoyed a teaser peek into my book! If you use them on your blog or Pinterest, all I ask is that you say that they were shot by Debi Treloar, link to her site, and link to this page: http://decor8blog.com/decorate-book mentioning that they are from the book, Decorate. That’s all I ask. :)

Decorate stocklist here.

(images: debi treloar for decorate)

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

• Reply Susan from B.C Canada April 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I absolutely love your book. I am currently re-reading it for the second time.I have many decorating books and yours is my favorite by far. Thank-you so much. I am very unsure when it comes to what to put where….Your book is helping immensely !

• Reply julia @ simple truths April 28, 2011 at 7:46 pm

The shadow boxes are a great idea for a special outfit or two.

• Reply Valentina April 28, 2011 at 7:52 pm

OH! Lovely!!!! Thanks very very much!!! I’m waiting for the book by Amazon!!!!

• Reply Star Hughes April 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm

How beautiful! I am going to order your book too – these are fantastic teaser pages! So cute, and what I like most is that they’re HAPPY house pictures. I love the warm, bright, homey decorating styles, and these pictures definitely exemplify that style. They make me very happy just to look at! Thanks for the sneak peek!

• Reply Melanie April 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Love the book!

HUGE and just packed with good ideas and loads of lovely photos!

• Reply Nuit April 29, 2011 at 12:12 am

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loving what I see, you definitely inspire me with these. The girly space in London is darling!!! Luvs <3

• Reply frauheuberg April 29, 2011 at 12:19 am

just so magical…i wait still for my book …;)…but now i´m looking forward much more to it…yeah, dear…such a wonderful work…really amazing…love the atmosphere in the pictures so much…and it will be a special moment to have the book in my real hands…so just for now your sneak peak is more than motivation…merci…take care…hugs…i…

• Reply Forever Lovely April 29, 2011 at 1:27 am

What beautiful photos! You do such a wonderful job of providing people with stunning design inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

-Forever Lovely

foreverlovelydesign.blogspot.com

• Reply Jamie April 29, 2011 at 4:31 am

I love the blue light pendants.

• Reply tinajo April 29, 2011 at 7:50 am

Wonderful photos and I NEEDthe book! :-)

• Reply Amelia@ Wind Chimes April 29, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Sania Pell is a genius. I love her works especially the ones she designed for Pied a Terre and Monsoon. I also bought and read her book – The Homemade Home – 50 thrifty and chic handmade projects.

I get most of my inspirations from Sania.

If you’re an interior designer, Sania Pell is a god…

• Reply Deco Design Center April 30, 2011 at 12:10 am

What beautiful photos! You do such a wonderful job of providing people with stunning design inspiration and ideals. Thanks again for sharing your work!

• Reply Lise M May 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I just started to read in your book and it’s wonderful! So much inspiration, so little time……I will definitely use it when I move to a new home and start all over. In addition I saw some great tips for my current home office.

• Reply Cheri b September 5, 2011 at 6:01 am

I am loving your book. Any idea on the sources for white dining table and bench?