Inspired By StyleCookie

When Anke and Sanne, two stylists and a photographers from The Netherlands, wrote to me about StyleCookie I knew I had to share their new e-zine with you. They launched StyleCookie (yes it is also one word, it is considered trendy in the Netherlands and Germany to combine two English words into one it seems) as an inspiring space online in the form of an e-zine and a blog about decoration and inspiring products for the home that changes biweekly.

StyleCookie

Their latest theme is Paper, in Dutch it’s called “Papier en Vliegwerk”. Since mother’s day is coming up, they created a delightful mother and daughter theme woven into their 8 pages to inspire women everywhere. They have lots of products made from paper and also some DIY decoration ideas to make at home. Here are some images that Anke and Sanne sent to me to share on decor8, I hope that you feel inspired after seeing them and that you check out their site for more beautiful things to feast on.

StyleCookie

StyleCookie

StyleCookie

StyleCookie

StyleCookie

Don’t you just love the Dutch! I do, I’m such a fan of everything they do with interiors – products, displays, books, magazines, all of it is amazing. I’m constantly in awe by their eye and talent for thinking out of the box. I remember when I attended Dutch Design Week in 2006 on assignment for Domino magazine, it was my first time at the Design Academy Eindhoven and I was completely blown away by the talent. I remember walking through the exhibit halls looking at the products each student designed feeling absolutely stunned by everything. I remember talking to a student who said that the current goal of young Dutch designers was to reinterpret “grandmother’s things” into modern wares for modern times without losing their sense of place and culture. You really can see this as a theme in many designs coming out of The Netherlands and I love it. The nod to history is respectful, but the need to update is vital.

I’ll be back on Monday, so have a lovely weekend friends and meet me back here then for another week of decor8ing fun!
Also, a big thanks to InStyle magazine (US) for the very special mention about me and my new book. I really appreciate the huge press love! :)

(images: stylecookie)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on April 29, 2011

1. Nix commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 7:00pm

What a fantastic spread. I love the bright summer colors mixed with the concrete!
    Nix´s last blog post ..The Patient Observations of a Car Crash

2. lisette commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 7:02pm

Wauw, you made me really quite with so much warmth feelings and memories of our Netherlands. Really lovely post!
    lisette´s last blog post ..flower love

3. vosgesparis commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 7:11pm

Love it to bits.. the ideas the styling the pictures and they already inspred me to make a change to the paper lamps I have.. simply very very well done!

And ain;t the little girl beautiful all dressed in Orange for queens day tomorrow already !

Helemaal leuk wij hollandertjes toch;)

Happy weekend miss Holly!
    vosgesparis´s last blog post ..VT Wonen Pop up Shop !

4. hena tayeb commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 7:24pm

So incredibly fun..
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Featured on Pictory Mag

5. Holly commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 8:11pm

Oh how sweet.
    Holly´s last blog post ..Not so Thrifty Thursday

6. Sonia commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 8:35pm

stylecookie is really an innovative concept here at the lowlands. You can click at the products and directly go to the webshops. Anke and Sanne are very talented and it’s a pleasure to be part of this project as a webshop owner!
    groetjes.

7. Cynthia@ Beach Coast Style commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 8:54pm

This is what I love is creative inspiration and especially with paper. I am a paper, paint and ribbon lover!
    Cynthia@ Beach Coast Style´s last blog post ..Far Away Friday April 29- 2011

8. Angie commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 9:13pm

LOVE!!! What great ideas for quick ways to freshen up a space or decorate for a party! I’m a big fan of paper creations with an obsession with pretty paper bordering on dangerous…. definitely feel the need to play with paper again!
    Angie´s last blog post ..Seeing red

9. Barbara commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 9:29pm

Now, this is very inspiring. I love every bit of it!
    Definitely going to check out their e-zine! As always thank you for sharing such marvellous news. – Barbara

10. Chloe C commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 9:38pm

So many nice things today, I didn’t know where to put the comment!
    Here it is on top – I enjoyed all the posts and pictures.

11. Sheedia commented
    April 29th, 2011 at 9:52pm

The art is not the only beautiful things in this, but the way the pictures are taken makes it even more beautiful.
    The one with the little girl jumping is my favorite.

Prettige Koninginedag!
    Sheedia´s last blog post ..Add color everywhere

12. Dani Marie commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 12:34am

:) Just passed along the One Lovely Blog Award to you!

13. Mrs Bok commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 2:03am

Terrific styling! Love it. And I have that exact fox cushion!!
    Mrs Bok´s last blog post ..For the love of a chicken

14. Nat@ dear little house commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 5:03am

Ohhhh Paper and old, textured walls! Two of my favourite things!

I like this combining two words thing. Perhaps I could start using it in ordinary conversation? “This morning, because it was RainyCold I decided to play with FunkyPaper in my DearLittleHouse.”
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..Royal wedding in review

15. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 5:53am

beautiful images..i’ll be sure to check out the new e-zine..have a lovely weekend, holly! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Impressions

16. nap atelier commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 6:09am

StyleCookie is fantastic!! Thank you :)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Napatelier
    nap atelier´s last blog post ..Dining chairs

17. Cristina commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 11:15am

I love those garlands, so nice and colourful!! good idea! (and they seem easy to do)

18. hearttypat commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 4:33pm

i wish i have this kinda colour coordination!
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..honeymoon day 172- yoohoo! have you had your ouzo today

19. Amelia@ Wind Chimes commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 6:07pm

The banderetas (the one on the second photo) was my daughters’ room’s design layout. Instead of small flags, we hanged some colorful Japanese papers.

You should try it too. It’s fun and funky.
    Amelia@ Wind Chimes´s last blog post ..Combat Stress with Wind Chimes

20. Glenda Childers commented
    April 30th, 2011 at 6:39pm

There is so much whimsy and joy in this work . . . we all need that.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..It is a royally early morning

21. Pandora commented
    May 1st, 2011 at 4:28pm

I love the sweetness of the banderetas in the second photo, I am inspired to create something similar for my sons birthday, it just looks wonderful!

22. Katie Carter commented
    May 1st, 2011 at 5:30pm

Simple, beautiful concepts presented in stunning photos. Incredibly stylish and inspirational – its great that we should teach our children how to create beautiful things from such simple basic supplies.

Not using the pre-cut plastic Disney supplies but the very basics of paper, lace, paint and a dollop of imagination.

Lovely post :)
    Katie Carter´s last blog post ..Sunday- Bloody Sunday

23. Maike Timmermann commented
    May 1st, 2011 at 7:09pm

We Love your Blog!
    Maike Timmermann´s last blog post ..Willkommen!

24. Darcy Davidson commented
    May 1st, 2011 at 7:29pm

I love these party ideas! Perfect for a simple get together with friends, or birthday parties. I love the j’taime pillow too. I love the Dutch and their simplistic designs.

25. Urska M. commented
    May 1st, 2011 at 10:23pm

Yay, new e-zine <3 Already checked and I like!
    Thanks for sharing the news :)

– Urska
    Urska M.´s last blog post ..My Sunday Mood Palette – Calm &amp Relaxed

26. {beth} commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 12:43am

love this …these are so delightful

27. Eva / Sycamore Street Press commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 1:50am

Thanks for introducing us to StyleCookie! What a fantastic looking site. I , too, think the Dutch have amazing style. When I lived in Belgium, I loved to cross the border when I had the chance.
    Eva / Sycamore Street Press´s last blog post ..Friday Favorites

28. Eli Rush commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 8:59am

Haha this is amazing! I recently discovered your blog, and I love it.

Added to my favorites, and can’t wait to read more.

What inspired you to write? I’m trying to develop my niche/voice in the blogging world and am always looking for tips.

I think you might enjoy reading my photography story blog:

29. paula Mills commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 9:45am

Hi Holly, I received your book in the post over the weekend and was thrilled to see one of our prints on the walls of a nursery in your book (typo alphabet on pg 223)! Well done on the book it looks great! Regards Paula – Sweet William
    paula Mills´s last blog post ..exciting features for Sweet William

30. decor8 commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 10:07am

@Paula – I just took a look, thanks for pointing that out – yep that is your work shining there for all to see. :) That is in the bedroom of Leslie Shewring’s daughter, Sienna. :)

31. thea commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 2:04pm

oooh I just LOVE it! So glad you told us about it. Great idea for Mother’s day too :) We have a little craft project inside the latest Spoonful which might be perfect for moms too… people should come take a peek if they like – hehe

thea

thea´s last blog post ..Didn’t get a trillionth of what I was trying to get done today! Gah!A bit frustrating and

32. Renee @ eatliveshop.com commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 4:00pm

I’m off to check out StyleCookie! It looks great so far!
    Renee @ eatliveshop.com´s last blog post ..Happy Monday

33. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 8:35pm

How can you not be inspired by them and their work??/ i love their website as well.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..chocolate creative open house on 7-8 May

34. Lynne, Tea for Joy commented
    May 2nd, 2011 at 8:39pm

Lovely! Just saw your book in Easy Living too.
    Lynne, Tea for Joy´s last blog post ..Poolside shopping

35. Angel@ | 77inspire | commented
    May 3rd, 2011 at 12:19am

Cute shoot. The second photo is so lovely and happy.
    Angel@ | 77inspire |´s last blog post ..WALLPAPER DRESSES

36. Angela Steyn commented
    May 3rd, 2011 at 3:59am

An absolute winner! I LOVE this… thank you, thank you, thank you!

Angela x
    Angela Steyn´s last blog post ..New Eyes

37. nyx commented
    May 3rd, 2011 at 8:36am

this is so, so gorgeous! thank you for the link.
    nyx´s last blog post ..when someone gives you moldy grapes…

38. Krystal Lee commented
    May 3rd, 2011 at 1:45pm

such a lovely post, makes me want to sit cross legged on the floor with scissors, surrounded by lots and lots of paper :)

krystal x
    Krystal Lee´s last blog post ..Sunday

39. Niki Fulton commented
    May 3rd, 2011 at 6:31pm

Lovely happy pictures – funny as I bought one of the post cards (in image one) in Edinburgh last week. Small world!

40. FIDM Fashion Club commented
    May 4th, 2011 at 3:26am

Style Cookie is a great website and the Dutch do have a fabulous sense of style! The pictures were great and it made me want to visit my nearest craft store to see what I can create! Love it!
    FIDM Fashion Club´s last blog post ..Just Accepted Beauty Industry Student Runs Her Own Production Company

41. Leo commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm

Love this post! The colors, the expressions on the girl’s face, the paper. Love it!

42. Alistair commented
    October 24th, 2012 at 11:05am

Good design and layouts for the photos – excellent pictures as well – well thought out and the colour contrasts are great :)

43. Tyler Jones commented
    December 19th, 2012 at 8:37am

awesome site and amazing pictures. I love them all.