Shopgirl Visits: MUD Australia

I thought I’d post lightly for the next few days as I’m still feeling under the weather and need to take it easy so I can spring back soon! How are you doing? Are you well? I certainly hope so. Seems though that lots of people are sick right now, at least many of my contacts online seem to have kids or partners who are battling the same strange cold that I have that doesn’t seem to go away like all of the others. Boo, cold! I thought though that I’d pop in to share with you another inspiring shop tour from Australia photographer, Jillian Leiboff, who pops in to decor8 quite regularly to share the shops that she loves from her home country.

I wish I had a pro like Jillian camping out in every corner of the world shooting shops (and/or homes, everything inspirational!) to share on decor8 because I really enjoy seeing what stores are like in certain places that I don’t get to visit too often (or in this case, never ever as I’ve not been to Australia before – have you?). Anyway, today’s gorgeous shop tour shot by fabulous Jillian is located in Sydney and belongs to the famous ceramics company Mud. Would you like to take a peek?

Notice the sign in red, it says something you may not expect… I love fun little details, don’t you?

For as long as I’ve been blogging, I’ve been in love with Mud products — I mean, who isn’t? Their smooth matte finishes, dreamy pastel colors, yummy grey and white tones — it’s a playground in this store for any lover of tactile, quality goods and a full-on amusement park for the senses if you also happen to adore ceramics and collect/use them regularly. I think we would all love to own Mud ceramics – I can’t seem to locate a dealer near to where I live but perhaps in the future… Do you own anything from them? I know they are a favorite of food stylists, for good reason…

Note: Mud at 134 Edgecliff Road in Woollahra (shown above) is closed for renovations until June 1st.

A special thank you to wonderful Jillian and of course, Mud owner James Kirton for permission to share these images on decor8.

(images: jillian leiboff)

Posted by decor8 in Shopgirl Visits on May 05, 2011

1. Estela commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:22pm

trop beau!!! I adore the yellow/pale green combination!!!

2. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:34pm

I’ve been to australia a few times and to the mud shop as well..love their ceramics..really beautiful..thanks for sharing, holly..hope you are feeling better today..I would like you to visit my blog to check out the images of my daughter’s room which i recently decorated..It would be lovely to get your opinion..take care..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Meyhas room – REVEALED well almost

3. tinajo commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:37pm

Looks like a place where I could spend lots of money and time..! :-D

I LOVE to see stores and shops from other parts of the world; even food stores are fun since they are so different from what I´m used to.
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Ain´t I Mrs Bargain Hunter!

4. BODIE and FOU commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:46pm

I hope you’ll feel better soon, it’s such a silly weather. It was gorgeous in London for the past few days and today it is incredibly cold!

I’ve been going through my mum’s photo albums….check this shot http://bodieandfou.blogspot.com/2011/05/house-on-beach.html

Isn’t it gorgeous!!?

5. Jane commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:48pm

Ah, Holly! I’m so sorry to hear you’re still under the weather. Maybe after all the adrenalin of your action-packed past few weeks, your body is telling you to slow down ?.

I adore Mud products and hope to buy some soon. It’s crazy – we lived in Sydney for 11 years but never managed to get to the shop. It’s certainly on my destination list next time we visit!

J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Why I love this bloggy caper!

6. Tracey Chalk commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 1:56pm

That peach is delightful!
    Tracey Chalk´s last blog post ..Black table project – Before and after and in between!

7. cafenoHut commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 2:14pm

What lovely colors… Simple and pure design. I love all products. I wish I could go there. But it is too far away.
    cafenoHut´s last blog post ..Bir zamanlar siyahtı

8. ines commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 2:15pm

Hi there!

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, the sign ist great. I was thinking of it, ’cause I read the text in second place and first looked at the pictures. Normally it would be “Sorry, we’re closed” stand on the sign, isn’t it?!

I hope your are a bit better today then the day before. Take care.

ines
    ines´s last blog post ..Shawn das Schaf

9. Annika commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 2:20pm

I really liked the soft/light pink stuff! Would love to have a sip of tea from one of those tea cups… :o)

10. sally commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 2:22pm

Get well soon
    sally´s last blog post ..seagulls and daisies

11. Jenny commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 2:31pm

Very clean, simple and elegant all at the same time. Truly speaking to me. Feel better soon. I think it is wise to take it easy. As a working woman, who is raising 5 children, going to school and preparing for foot surgery her self. I can see how easy it can be to push your self.
    Jenny´s last blog post ..Studying Outside

12. Emily commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 2:33pm

Gorgeous! Wish we had a shop like that in Dublin!

13. Elisa commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 3:05pm

sooo beautiful colors!!!
    Elisa´s last blog post ..Ledersofa aus Holz

14. Katie Truelove commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 3:13pm

What a beautiful shop! My favorite are the coral-colored dishes:)
    Katie Truelove´s last blog post ..Flower Pot Pie or Dirt Pudding

15. Urska M. commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 3:22pm

Whoa, the shop looks lovely! I would go there if I could.
    Sadly is too far away from Slovenia :/
    + Wish that you recover soon Holly! <3

Btw, I received Decorate yesterday and is super gorgeous :)
    I'm so happy that i bought the book! Worth it all :)
    Congrats again! Xoxo

Urska @ Live.Create.Inspire

Urska M.´s last blog post ..Inspired by Cocoa &amp Hearts!

16. Becky D@KingsDownRoad commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 3:31pm

Oh my – looks like a candy store to me!! Now I’m going to try to see if there is a dealer close to me….

The problem would be picking a color.
    Becky D@KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..Desert Inspiration

17. Andreia commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 3:32pm

Beautiful store! I love the way they put the ceramic bowls (at the second photo)!

18. Wrenaissance Art commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 4:16pm

That logo is a terrific example of using typography as illustration. The “M” entering the “u” is a great symbolic depiction of thumbs opening up the spinning lump of clay on the wheel. Kudos to the designer!

19. Miriam@FJällhem commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 4:20pm

Absolutely love it!!

20. Shari commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 4:58pm

That looks like a fun shop! Love all the colors and the shapes of the bowls.

I hope you’re feeling better… since you’re blogging, you must be! xox
    Shari´s last blog post ..30 Day Drawing Challenge Day 3

21. Tanya commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 5:13pm

I definitely need more color in my dishware.
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Thought Bubble Thursday Guest Post

22. Courtney commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 5:27pm

I have several Mud Australia pieces, the fish plate, small bowl and round platter, but I never use them because I am TERRIFIED of breaking or chipping them. They are so delicate and beautiful I just display them for now.

Hope you feel better soon! I’m going on day 6 of laryngitis. Grrr…
    Courtney´s last blog post ..Rumour has it

23. Cat@Breakfast to Bed commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 6:31pm

So well curated and beautiful. I am so jealous it isn’t near me!
    Cat@Breakfast to Bed´s last blog post ..Storage Cubby Couture

24. Ariana commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 7:28pm

Gorgeous! I love the thinness of the ceramics– so elegant, simple and delicate. And the color palette is sublime!
    Ariana´s last blog post ..Onward!

25. Lauren commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 8:32pm

I have never been to Australia, but if/when I do go I am going to have to make sure that I drop in here!

I love all the gorgeous colors, they’re so pretty. I noticed the “open sign” and laughed out loud to myself before I scrolled down and noticed you wrote about it! :)
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Happenings

26. Niki Fulton commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 9:12pm

I hope you get better soon. Try my friends amazing get well quick juice. 1 x raw beetroot, 1 x orange, 1 x apple, 1 x chunk ginger root and put through your juicer. It REALLY does work. Nice post even though you are under par.

27. Afi commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 11:20pm

Love those amazing pastel colors, like light mint and pink! Total yum!
    Afi´s last blog post ..Birds from my window

28. Maria commented
    May 5th, 2011 at 11:58pm

I just love this!!! Tanks!

Maria
    Maria´s last blog post ..DIY

29. Laura commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:05am

I adore MUD! But don’t know where to start – so many pretty colours, but the neutrals also would be amazing. must visit when they re-open.
    Laura´s last blog post ..Best spaghetti &amp meatballs

30. Susan Reaney commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:36am

Those are so beautiful. I could see them in my own home! We were in Australia about ten years ago and I was dazzled by their art. I had no idea!

I love your blog so much and cannot wait to see your book!

Fondly,
    Suz
    Susan Reaney´s last blog post ..Jud Has A Birthday

31. Lisa Lyons commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 1:48am

Love the MUD dishes…makes me want to throw all mine out and by theirs! I loved the red ones! They really popped!

Lisa

32. Christine Kemp commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 2:37am

Hi there,
    Being an Aussie girl I love that you are showing our quirky sense of humour. I especially love the crispness of the ceramics and the colours just create a sense of calmness in me which i need at the moment. Love this blog and site.

33. Sarah commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 2:37am

Wow! they are gorgeous! I would love to own some! is Mud available in the US???
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Transforming a bedroom

34. Leone commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 4:07am

These are so beautiful. I especially like the clean, simple lines. Lovely colors too!

35. julie commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 6:21am

Beautiful colours as always Mud – the watermelon-y red is gorgeous. I love the combination of glossy interior glaze and the matt glaze on the outside too. Yes, I noticed that sign, very cheeky, “Sorry we’re open” (in other words, your wallet will be emptied, ha ha!).

Congratulations on the book being so successful!
    x
    julie´s last blog post ..signature prints new website

36. Rocio Rincon commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 7:13am

I hope you feel better soon! Lovely images!
    Rocio Rincon´s last blog post ..My Summer Favorites

37. Ewelina commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 9:30am

Why in Australia? Such beautiful places should be located closer to me, in Denmark :) Mud seems to have a really overwhelming collection of what I would call retro kitchen and dining gadgets. I really like the colour selection and soft forms.
    Cheers,
    Ewelina

38. Debbie commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 11:07am

Hi Holly. I’d be delighted to be you Durban South Africa shop reviewer. ;) Ill be interviewing quite a few in the days to come. Let me know.
    Debx
    Debbie´s last blog post ..Interview with Kirsten Siebert

39. Lily Labyrinth commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:34pm

Gorgeous colour range!

Lily Labyrinth´s last blog post ..Beautiful bird cage

40. Marlene commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 12:55pm

Living in Australia seems to pay of :-)
    Marlene´s last blog post ..-Wassernot- in der Wohnung

41. nieves commented
    May 6th, 2011 at 8:05pm

I would certainly buy many of these if they were in switzerland!! Wonderful stuff thanks Holly for sharing

42. Lizet commented
    May 9th, 2011 at 11:06pm

I love beautiful ceramics!
    Lizet´s last blog post ..White Folded Bud Vase

43. Olivia commented
    August 1st, 2011 at 2:35pm

really love this shop, thanks !

44. Kristina Crestin commented
    June 8th, 2013 at 3:22pm

Love your post! I’ve been looking for something like this for a kitchen job I am working on. Now I’ve found out … now just to find a retailer near me to see colors in person. Thanks for all the photos!